Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Any idea on how many Goons, besides myself, are returning after many years just because they want a small part of the inevitable dunking on TEST?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Huttan posted:

An Ihub is 60,000 m3. Each upgrade ranges from 5,000 m3 to 60,000 m3, with strategic upgrades running 200,000 m3. Installing them takes permissions, I think "config equipment" or "director".

Several pages back:

:captainpop:

To install 1 ihub plus each of the mining upgrades plus each of the 2 types of ratting upgrades (no one installs the quantum ones, they add extra wormholes) fills a freighter. Per system. That doesn't count any of the strategic upgrades (nor the ones that add extra data/relic sites). For someone who apparently refuses to delegate this sort of task, I predict they will never install upgrades.

:negative:

That is the information I think I was lacking. Didn't know that they took up so much space to move.

Villy running around doing the logistics makes me think he wasn't ever really supposed to be in charge, he was just the last guy left.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

vulturesrow posted:

Any idea on how many Goons, besides myself, are returning after many years just because they want a small part of the inevitable dunking on TEST?

There's a thread you can post in under the goonfleet subforum on goonfleet.com if you're a returning goon with 226 replies so far

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Right on. I have to accept the invite back into the corp first

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

I got sent a corp invite to my main pilot, Cheese Sandwich, but for the life of me, I don't know how to find the invite to accept it. I must have the brains of a literal cheese sandwich. :shrug: Halp?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

ASAPI posted:

That is the information I think I was lacking. Didn't know that they took up so much space to move.

Villy running around doing the logistics makes me think he wasn't ever really supposed to be in charge, he was just the last guy left.

Vily running around doing logistics is more that he doesn't trust anyone else to do anything. He does everything from that to setting up perches for fights beforehand. The man doesn't know what or how to delegate.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

dragonshardz posted:

Vily running around doing logistics is more that he doesn't trust anyone else to do anything. He does everything from that to setting up perches for fights beforehand. The man doesn't know what or how to delegate.

So single point of failure then? If you break the man you break PAPI?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Pie in the Sky posted:

I got sent a corp invite to my main pilot, Cheese Sandwich, but for the life of me, I don't know how to find the invite to accept it. I must have the brains of a literal cheese sandwich. :shrug: Halp?

It'll be under the Corporation window on the neocom, and should be under the "find a corporation -> invites" tab or similar.

dragonshardz posted:

In TEST, anyway, sort of. PanFam and NC. are at least a bit more competent than that when it comes to setting up strategic stuff (hence why they didn't follow Vily into hell during the hull timer Titan slaughter a month ago), but to loop back around to the space claim stuff, neither of those entities want or have much interest in Delve.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

SpaceDrake posted:

(hence why they didn't follow Vily into hell during the hull timer Titan slaughter a month ago)

Except they did? They just got lucky and probably clicked jump after test so almost none of them actually made it into system.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Is there some sort of guide or writeup anywhere to the groups taking bites out of PAPI space whilst they're all in delve? I keep seeing talk of "Freemen in the North" and somebody else attacking Catch but it's all a bit vague and hand wavey. Who are these people, is it a legit play by someone who knows what the gently caress they're doing and has the chance and intent to take and hold that space permanently, or just some random gaggle of nobodies moving in to get uncontested structure shooting ops for killboard padding?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Z the IVth posted:

So single point of failure then? If you break the man you break PAPI?

TEST, but yeah basically. There's some other folks who might pick up the slack but if Vily were to flame out and gently caress off again, TEST's war effort could collapse.

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Is there some sort of guide or writeup anywhere to the groups taking bites out of PAPI space whilst they're all in delve? I keep seeing talk of "Freemen in the North" and somebody else attacking Catch but it's all a bit vague and hand wavey. Who are these people, is it a legit play by someone who knows what the gently caress they're doing and has the chance and intent to take and hold that space permanently, or just some random gaggle of nobodies moving in to get uncontested structure shooting ops for killboard padding?

Some alliances within the Imperium - Bastion and Initiative - are loving up PAPI's backfield in Catch\Impasse\etc.

There's some unaffiliated group of pubs making GBS threads on Fraternity's space in the north.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Roller Coast Guard posted:

They have a website: https://freemenofthenorth.com/#we-are

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

SpaceDrake posted:

It'll be under the Corporation window on the neocom, and should be under the "find a corporation -> invites" tab or similar.

I don't see anything like that in the corp window. What am I missing? :negative:

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!

Pie in the Sky posted:

I don't see anything like that in the corp window. What am I missing? :negative:

Click on my applications beside the search.

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

mrg220t posted:

Click on my applications beside the search.

Is empty. (This should have been my first image.)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

vulturesrow posted:

I'm selling my entire super alt because I know I'll never pay again to a friend just for the transfer fee, so in a way it's the same thing.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Work has been super busy and stressful -- teaching on zoom and whatnot is just... Ew.

I've been out of the loop so long it's hard to make sense of this thread. :ohdear:

How's the war? gaining space/losing space/stalemate hell camps all the way down?

Are ya winning son?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Pie in the Sky posted:

https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Joining_GoonWaffe_101#Process_A-1:_First-Time_SA_Member_Applications

Then you literally have to apply to the GoonWaffe corp and wait a bit.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Thunder Moose posted:

Work has been super busy and stressful -- teaching on zoom and whatnot is just... Ew.

I've been out of the loop so long it's hard to make sense of this thread. :ohdear:

How's the war? gaining space/losing space/stalemate hell camps all the way down?

Are ya winning son?

Ya win some, ya lose some. We trapped a shitload of their titans and then they got 2/3rds of them free, and now we still have a shitload of their titans trapped.

Our ihubs/systems/keepstars are very slowly being whittled down. There's still lots of outnumbered fights. There's still lots of time left.

I'd say it's a crapshoot so far and frankly I'm surprised 9 months into this thing we haven't lost already.

(Jokes on us, we're playing EVE so we've already lost)

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Otacon posted:

(Jokes on us, we're playing EVE so we've already lost)

:hmmyes:

thanks for the 411 sir

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

Pie in the Sky posted:

Did you check the bottom right “notifications” thing. Should be a list of notifications, I would think it would be there.

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

Gotcha. Will do. Thank you!

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Not until I've had my second pot of coffee.
Nap Ghost

Potato Salad posted:

Oh, and Mister Vee is back.

gently caress.

*re-subs*

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

gwrtheyrn posted:

Except they did? They just got lucky and probably clicked jump after test so almost none of them actually made it into system.

Surely at this point a Vily op has become like a Boat fleet (sorry Boat, your fleets are fun, but always count to 5 before following an order)...

Except instead of counting to 5 for a change of order, it's now wait 5 or 10 minutes to see how pear shaped the op becomes?

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
I resubbed today and accidentally bought one of the Silver Pack which I guess I already had.

I got it from Humble Bundle so it's an EVE key, not Steam.

Would anyone want to buy it for $15 or trade the key for ISK?

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Not until I've had my second pot of coffee.
Nap Ghost

snail posted:

Surely at this point a Vily op has become like a Boat fleet (sorry Boat, your fleets are fun, but always count to 5 before following an order)...

Except instead of counting to 5 for a change of order, it's now wait 5 or 10 minutes to see how pear shaped the op becomes?

I see nothing has changed in the past 6 years....

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

I resubbed today and accidentally bought one of the Silver Pack which I guess I already had.

I got it from Humble Bundle so it's an EVE key, not Steam.

Would anyone want to buy it for $15 or trade the key for ISK?

you are probably gonna want an alt in a week or 2

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm looking at the Capital Ship Construction skill and is it just me, or does it not do anything? All it says is "Skill required for the manufacturing of standard and advanced capital ships". There's no "required for" and it doesn't seem like getting more than one level in it provides any benefit.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

the deltas went down to georgia
we were looking for cynos to kill
we wanted a fight, and thought we just might
smash into papi all dang ole night

https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/Y6vffnsmKyLzoGJYy

real fun evening picking some fights down in delve. i think it's been 3 months or so since most deltas have used 1dq as anything other than a rest stop.

the whole buy a ship -> undock -> kill some fools thing indeed has some merit

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm looking at the Capital Ship Construction skill and is it just me, or does it not do anything? All it says is "Skill required for the manufacturing of standard and advanced capital ships". There's no "required for" and it doesn't seem like getting more than one level in it provides any benefit.

Different capital ships require different levels in the skill. e.g. You only need lv1 to build capship components, but you need lv3 to start build jobs for dreads, and lv5 for titans.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

ullerrm posted:

Different capital ships require different levels in the skill. e.g. You only need lv1 to build capship components, but you need lv3 to start build jobs for dreads, and lv5 for titans.

also iirc it decreases build time

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

SHISHKABOB posted:

Yeah that skill is weird in that it doesn't list any benefits or "Required For" but it absolutely is required for stuff. You need at least I for making fighters. Advanced Battleship Construction also doesn't list what it's required for.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Heh, I just watched an entire fleet of TEST Muninns disappear. That was satisfying.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

RFC2324 posted:

you are probably gonna want an alt in a week or 2

Because I'm going to need a 2nd income stream?

also, Honk!
(I'm Beef Meatslab in EE)

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
After every fight, like last night when they welped a load of fighters attacking bubbles, the passpi side sure do get salty that we don't give up the defensive advantage of tethering on our keepstars in a defensive war

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
It feels like it’s gotten really quiet this week. Are we still in a war of eviction?

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Are you living under a rock? It is now a war of content, because eviction is not realistic :v:

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

There were only 2 FAXes on the M2 grid before downtime. I guess all the morons are already dead or capped up and waiting for the next breakout attempt?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Oooh and I guess we’re getting a monument!

https://www.eveonline.com/article/qnwh9k/the-massacre-of-m2-xfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

"Here lies tapi: they got trapi because Vily is crapi"

Zazz Razzamatazz fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 4, 2021