Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Dazzlemator gently caress YEAH.

:captainpop:

That's a nice Dazzle Decimator you have there.

Tequila Ranger posted:

Here is Paul Heaver winning a SC with almost that exact same list 48 hours ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_wLZ_Xs6Nc

I watched this live while it was streaming and that Heaver list sure is something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

AndyElusive posted:

:captainpop:

That's a nice Dazzle Decimator you have there.

I watched this live while it was streaming and that Heaver list sure is something.

Think pretty much everyone thought of that list as soon as the wookie ship came out and it is horrible. So loving horrible

Bombs would have a chance against it.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I reckon a crack swarm would chew it out pretty easily too.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Yeah and a triple bumpmaster list with it's apl and bmst.

Still would rather fly against that list than 4tlt ships

edit: poo poo 4 tlt ships would be great against that list

Raged fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 18, 2017

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

DogCop posted:

What about Enhanced Scopes instead of Advanced Sensors? Low PS seems essential for bombing.

Alternatively add on Experimental Interface for bombs anywhere

AS means drop it before you move or after with a straight or turn 1. That's alot of options for pooping out clusters or proxy mines where you just dump it on someone and not just hope they fly through it.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Nym at PS 10 is just nuts. Absolutely friggin nuts

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Finally had a chance to play for like the first time this year:

Haven't had a chance to pick up Wave 11 tho, even playing like a couple times a year I feel like I'm still addicted to buying all the new garbage no matter how silly. Game is fun as heck still at least!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Yeah it's still really fun just to have a pick up game

Just had a few games with a PS 10 Nym and yeah. Screw mindlink. PS10/Adv Sensors/Bomblet/Genius is the true path to enlightenment

I have never made Whisper more of a chump.

It feels OP

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
cheesy but it's what i feel

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
If PS10 Nym didn't need another ship to drag around Cad Bane it'd definitely be broken. It just dumps on anything with a firing arc.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

How many total points is this Dengar/Nym build that is making GBS threads on the meta? I want to bid under it but can't go really low.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

alg posted:

How many total points is this Dengar/Nym build that is making GBS threads on the meta? I want to bid under it but can't go really low.

Not sure what exact list is going around, but I plan on trying this at a store tournament this weekend:

Nymgar:
Captain Nym (43)
-Engine Upgrade
-Title
-Veteran Instincts
-Autoblaster Turret
-Bomblet Generator
-Accuracy Corrector
-Genius

Dengar (57)
-Guidance Chips
-Expertise
-Punishing One
-Proton Torpedoes
-Extra Munitions
-Boba Fett
-Unhinged Astromech

lazerus06 fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 18, 2017

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Yeah I've done my best to avoid the popular bomb/guaranteed damage builds but I think I'm going to break the seal with Nym. Just such a powerful option for both rebels and scum, and playing against a couple of Nyms during a store champ this past weekend that weren't even optimized like the build thrown around in here was still super frustrating. It's a real beast of a ship that kind of just has everything.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
This is what I ran today for a bunch of games and it is really clicking with me

Chaos Dunk Mk III

Captain Nym (Scum) PS 10(30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Cruise Missiles (3)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
"Genius" (0)
Guidance Chips (0)
Havoc (0)

Contracted Scout PS 3(25)
Push the Limit (3)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Cad Bane (2)
Cluster Mines (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

N'Dru Suhlak PS 8(17)
Adaptability (0)
Cruise Missiles (3)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Was half way tempted to put trick shot on N'Dru, but figured the 1 extra PS would serve me better.

Also now that I seem to be flying at higher PS autoblaster is racking up the damage and led to a bomb/auto kill on Whisper in one turn of combat

Raged fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 18, 2017

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Y'know on one hand I like that bombs rely on the game mechanic I like most about X-Wing and find most fun, which is the guessing game of setting maneuver dials and positioning.

On the other hand, the best and most effective bombers (PS 8/10 Nym with Genius + Bomblet Generator and Miranda with Advanced SLAM and action bombs) don't really rely on making the right call on your dial in order to deal unblockable damage.

Somewhere out there there's an X-Wing player with a monkey's paw who asked to make bombs and ordnance useful.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
How annoying to find is the Tantive IV now? My FLGS has it for retail -10% (with their loyalty deal). Usually I can do better online but it seems to be out of stock or $150+ everywhere. Is there just a random shortage or should I jump on the last one my FLGS has before they disappear forever?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

LanceKing2200 posted:

How annoying to find is the Tantive IV now? My FLGS has it for retail -10% (with their loyalty deal). Usually I can do better online but it seems to be out of stock or $150+ everywhere. Is there just a random shortage or should I jump on the last one my FLGS has before they disappear forever?

It's being reprinted, so if you want one getting it at MSRP -10% is going to be your best deal for a while. Could be months before you see it again at MSRP (which unless you're playing Epic, is probably OK)

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Yeah for whatever reason CR-90s, K-Wings and Y-Wings have been out of print for a bit and are consequently going for more money than they should.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
I have an opportunity to buy the Raider or the Tantive from another player for $60 each. I only have $60. Which would you buy?
I have the Gazanti, Rebel Transport, and CRoc already.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

lazerus06 posted:

I have an opportunity to buy the Raider or the Tantive from another player for $60 each. I only have $60. Which would you buy?
I have the Gazanti, Rebel Transport, and CRoc already.

If you're playing standard 100 pt play, Raider all day. Includes Palpatine and the useful TIE Advanced upgrades, plus a TIE advanced.

Tantive includes C-3PO (great but also pretty widely available as an alt art), and the marginally useful R2D2 and Han Solo crews

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

canyoneer posted:

If you're playing standard 100 pt play, Raider all day. Includes Palpatine and the useful TIE Advanced upgrades, plus a TIE advanced.

Tantive includes C-3PO (great but also pretty widely available as an alt art), and the marginally useful R2D2 and Han Solo crews

I bought the Palp and advanced upgrades via eBay a while back.
I played my 1st epic last week with my Gozanti and loved it.
We are getting an epic league going here locally where we play epic once a month

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
Any hope for Emon now that he can take Cad and Bomblets? Still expensive but dropping bombs with a 3 turn seems fun and good.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

DogCop posted:

Any hope for Emon now that he can take Cad and Bomblets? Still expensive but dropping bombs with a 3 turn seems fun and good.

Saw one really good player flying

Emon Azzameen Firespray-31 (53)
Cad Bane + Scavenger Crane + Bomblet Generator + Proximity Mines + Proximity Mines + Engine Upgrade + Andrasta

Asajj Ventress Lancer-class Pursuit Craft (47)
Push the Limit + Latts Razzi + Gyroscopic Targeting + Shadow Caster

at a tournament he went 3-2

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Looks like this is a list I'll be facing on Saturday. Any advice?

Also when it comes to nym's scum ability of adding 1 evade if the shot is through a bomb token do cluster mine tokens still count as "bomb" tokens?

Edit: it has to count otherwise Sabine would not work on cluster mines

Raged fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 19, 2017

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So this is my local leagues end of season tournament

So, this could be bomb central, since we're likely to see a shitton of Corran/Miranda lists.

So, what kinda counter can I come up with? (If I run scum, the HWK will hold Cad Bane_)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

So this is my local leagues end of season tournament

So, this could be bomb central, since we're likely to see a shitton of Corran/Miranda lists.

So, what kinda counter can I come up with? (If I run scum, the HWK will hold Cad Bane_)

Looking at that, my thoughts were that Kylo Ren with RAC is the best Corran slayer there is. You can bust him in 2 rounds of shooting, no problem. Paired with a phantom.
Rage Ezra in the attack shuttle with TLT is a pretty fun piece too.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

canyoneer posted:

Looking at that, my thoughts were that Kylo Ren with RAC is the best Corran slayer there is. You can bust him in 2 rounds of shooting, no problem. Paired with a phantom.
Rage Ezra in the attack shuttle with TLT is a pretty fun piece too.

Nearly killed a regen Miranda with Rac, Palp and Kylo. He just kept eating crits under his shields.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Anyone tried omega leader with 3 TLTs yet?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

Anyone tried omega leader with 3 TLTs yet?

Funny, that list is on Gold Squadron's Twitch stream right now against Miranda and Nym: https://www.twitch.tv/goldsquadronpodcast

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Toying around with the Vaksai, four of these look pretty ridiculous, and way stronger than 4 TLTs.

Kihraxz Fighter: Black Sun Ace (25)
Vectored Thrusters (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
Pulsed Ray Shield (1)
Vaksai (0)
Attanni Mindlink (0)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (0)
Inertial Dampeners (0)

Also, trying the Skurg/jump + ace list with Fenn not ndru, because fenn is the closer you need. Is nym too light?

Protectorate Star.: •Fenn Rau (34)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)
Push the Limit (3)

Scurrg H-6 Bomber: Captain Nym (33)
•Havoc (0)
Adaptability (+1) (0)
•Bomblet Generator (3)
Collision detector (0)
•"Genius" (0)

Jumpmaster 5000: Contracted Scout (33)
Trick Shot (0)
Extra Munitions (2)
•Cad Bane (2)
•R4-E1 (1)
Proximity Mines (3)

Total: 100/100

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Yeah I've done my best to avoid the popular bomb/guaranteed damage builds but I think I'm going to break the seal with Nym. Just such a powerful option for both rebels and scum, and playing against a couple of Nyms during a store champ this past weekend that weren't even optimized like the build thrown around in here was still super frustrating. It's a real beast of a ship that kind of just has everything.

Yeah me too. He's cheap enough points-wise and risky enough playstyle-wise that I don't mind the bombs too much. I'm sticking with Advanced Sensors rather than AC though, because I think his best trick is bumping people and bombing them, and AS helps a LOT with that, even if AC helps his damage.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The updated tournament regulations came out, and there were barely any changes. One of them was changing the language of determining initiative to a "coin flip" instead of a "coin toss".

You may not think that matters, but this once happened in an NFL playoffs game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sjAyQcv0oM&t=27s

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

thespaceinvader posted:

Yeah me too. He's cheap enough points-wise and risky enough playstyle-wise that I don't mind the bombs too much. I'm sticking with Advanced Sensors rather than AC though, because I think his best trick is bumping people and bombing them, and AS helps a LOT with that, even if AC helps his damage.

Is the advanced sensors more for if you are taking cluster mines (or any other action based bombs)? I was planning on using bomblet generator which I assume advanced sensors wouldn't work with since it requires me to complete a move before I drop.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.

lazerus06 posted:

Is the advanced sensors more for if you are taking cluster mines (or any other action based bombs)? I was planning on using bomblet generator which I assume advanced sensors wouldn't work with since it requires me to complete a move before I drop.

PS10 Nym with Bomblet likes to bump so Advanced Sensors is the only way to get an action in.

It's also amazing for fine tuning your maneuver and getting off cheeky Bomblets with a preemptive barrel roll. Genius is optional so you can drop Bomblets before you move as well.

DogCop fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 20, 2017

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

lazerus06 posted:

You don't have to complete a maneuver to drop Bomblets, you drop when you reveal your maneuver.
The main use of AS is to barrel roll before you reveal your dial to better position yourself to poop out a Bomblet. And with Genius equipped, you can drop the Bomblet after you move, even if your stressed (Bomblets are not actions). I'd image an AS barrel roll into Talon Roll into dropping a Bomblet would be pretty sweet.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

enigmahfc posted:

You don't have to complete a maneuver to drop Bomblets, you drop when you reveal your maneuver.
The main use of AS is to barrel roll before you reveal your dial to better position yourself to poop out a Bomblet. And with Genius equipped, you can drop the Bomblet after you move, even if your stressed (Bomblets are not actions). I'd image an AS barrel roll into Talon Roll into dropping a Bomblet would be pretty sweet.

Oh it is. I had someone playing torp scouts & Fenn call it "unfair"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

So that Whisper / Kylo shuttle list won a 40 person store champ

Edit..kylo whisper wampa. Huh interesting changes

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 21, 2017

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
The meta from tonight's League can be summed up as Nyx with Autoblaster turret and Accuracy Corrector.

Also I totally got clowned on by 4 TIE's and an Aggressor. A shameful display.

*E* Also also Poe Dameron with Intensity seems to be a new hotness.

IronSaber fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jul 21, 2017

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Played a Dengar and Nym list tonight, and got totally clowned on because I lost Nym early with him having done exactly 2 damage. Stop ramming me, Oicunn! :argh:
Dengar had Expertise and Oicunn had Rebel Captive so welp!

Second game I did Intensity Poe with R2-D2, Comm Relay, and lone wolf Dash with Rey crew. Dash does so much work with that HLC and lone wolf/Rey combo. I think out of the 6 or 7 times Dash attacked, only once did he end up producing fewer than 4 hits with that HLC. I really like that having Rey crew forces your opponent to rush the joust so you can't store up tokens. When that happens, you can usually dictate the pace of the battle by managing your range 3 band. It's really great.
His Z-95 blocker zipped in fast to get in position for the block next turn, and took a target lock instead of a focus (expecting that he wouldn't be shooting/shot at). Dash rolled 4 hits, he rolled 2 blanks.
One-shotting a ship ALWAYS feels good in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Yeah intense poe seems real good on paper. Lots of action efficiency. It's just rounding out the squad is hard, and ships with fixed forward arcs and no bombs are garbage obv.

Saw an imperial alpha list with Vader/Quickdraw/Tomax all with cruise missiles.

• Locked thread