Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

That’s really obviously Cyrax, just look at those dreadlocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Well poo poo. I updated my address on pulse but didn't know I had to update it on my individual orders, so my Zartan is going to my old place by the end of today. We still have stuff to move out of there but won't be going back til Saturday, so no one go to my old house and steal him okay?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kingtheninja posted:

Well poo poo. I updated my address on pulse but didn't know I had to update it on my individual orders, so my Zartan is going to my old place by the end of today. We still have stuff to move out of there but won't be going back til Saturday, so no one go to my old house and steal him okay?

You might have to call them to get every order changed. Even after doing so 3 of my orders went to the old house.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TheAlanJohnson/status/1389722959019839488?s=20

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am extremely upset that we never got Raph-2D2 or Don-3PO.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
That ShreddVader is a masterpiece

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Louisgod posted:

That ShreddVader is a masterpiece

Shrader

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In August of last year I had one vintage MOTU figure, my childhood Orko. By December I had nearly completed the vintage collection so I bought the S7 Snake Mountain. In January I owned that and 14 Classics figures. I now own 172.

111 to go!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rhyno posted:

In August of last year I had one vintage MOTU figure, my childhood Orko. By December I had nearly completed the vintage collection so I bought the S7 Snake Mountain. In January I owned that and 14 Classics figures. I now own 172.

111 to go!

This is insanity to me, you get there you glorious bastard! I love living vicariously through your updates, like much of us. I would love to have more stuff on display, but we need to build the addition to the house first.... working on it.

Lumber prices and construction is insanity still due to the pandemic stuff. :(

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Kingtheninja posted:

It's I have an extra that I'll sell to anyone on here for cost + shipping. Hit me up in discord.,

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

This is insanity to me, you get there you glorious bastard! I love living vicariously through your updates, like much of us. I would love to have more stuff on display, but we need to build the addition to the house first.... working on it.

Lumber prices and construction is insanity still due to the pandemic stuff. :(

Oof, that stinks man. I just want a drat shed for my backyard and it will cost me $3000 which is insanity.

Oh and I got my shipping notification from Powercon for the books so I guess I birches enough.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhyno posted:

Oof, that stinks man. I just want a drat shed for my backyard and it will cost me $3000 which is insanity.

Will the shed look like Castle Grayskull? :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The HOA would riot.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Rhyno posted:

The HOA would riot.

Even more of a reason.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Rhyno posted:

The HOA would riot.

Just fix it so no one can enter your yard without both halves of the Power Sword.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Davros1 posted:

Will the shed look like Castle Grayskull? :v:

Did you see that video doing the rounds of some dad who's building a properly toy scaled CG for himself his son? No more having to awkwardly squeeze through the main gate.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rhyno posted:

Oh and I got my shipping notification from Powercon for the books so I guess I birches enough.

Off topic, it I bought a shed a few years back fully built and delivered, cost us $4.5k, so 3k doesn’t seem that bad.

We use it for a Chicken/Duck coop...

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Cobra Infantry and Zartan got delivered today. I now have them all. For now...

radlum
May 13, 2013

Dale-Taco posted:

Cobra Infantry and Zartan got delivered today. I now have them all. For now...

Same! I got mine on the mail today; sadly Zartan's box has some damage.

I'm taking a break from GI Joe Classified for a while; I hope we get regular Storm Shadow or the twins announced on June. Otherwise, I'm done with this line for the moment.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

radlum posted:

Same! I got mine on the mail today; sadly Zartan's box has some damage.

I'm taking a break from GI Joe Classified for a while; I hope we get regular Storm Shadow or the twins announced on June. Otherwise, I'm done with this line for the moment.

I wish I could say the same, but these definitely are a hit for me.

Extremely satisfying to finally have the available set together.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Don’t preorder from game stop :(

Hasbro bein a dick and not giving them stuff.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Rhyno posted:

Double postin'

I was extremely lucky to get all five for the price I paid. And yeah, these are getting opened.

Are these hard to find? My Walmart has a ton of all of these and a million battle cats

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If your walmart was sitting on these you could get your money back ten times over.

These are the Super 7 Ultimate Classics. 7 inch scale from a few years ago. Not the Origins figures currently on shelves.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I guess SAL Small Packet is back on for the US? I got kind of a random email from amiami saying "BARRET WALLACE IS IN THE USA" and then he showed up a while later. I've got another purchase that was also SAL Small Packet that is still processing, so I imagine maybe they are just working through a ton of backorders at the moment or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Agrias120 posted:

I guess SAL Small Packet is back on for the US? I got kind of a random email from amiami saying "BARRET WALLACE IS IN THE USA" and then he showed up a while later. I've got another purchase that was also SAL Small Packet that is still processing, so I imagine maybe they are just working through a ton of backorders at the moment or something.

No, but Amiami has been sending out anything that chose SAL by Surface because I think their warehouse was getting too crazy.

He probably shipped a couple of months ago and just made it now.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get MEGOs without loving around with eBay? I mainly want Hulk and Spider-Man but would also like a few others, namely the FF and Iron Man. I’ve tried googling around to no avail and don’t mind paying a little extra just to avoid eBay.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I nabbed a Classics Captain Glenn (Queen Marlena) for half the ebay price off Amazon last night. I really wonder if some sellers even check prices on things, this is the fourth Classics figure I've scored off Amazon for well below market value.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Off topic, it I bought a shed a few years back fully built and delivered, cost us $4.5k, so 3k doesn’t seem that bad.

We use it for a Chicken/Duck coop...

The shed I want is a 7x7 composite but the HOA doesn't allow those. It's $700. A 7x7 basic wooden shed is $3k.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lumber prices have shot up like 300% during the pandemic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm aware. Doesn't excuse places jacking up the price of finished sheds sitting on their for sale lots. Or my hoa insisting on wooden construction only.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Then people would be buying up all the sheds to tear them apart. It would be anarchy.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get MEGOs without loving around with eBay? I mainly want Hulk and Spider-Man but would also like a few others, namely the FF and Iron Man. I’ve tried googling around to no avail and don’t mind paying a little extra just to avoid eBay.

Maybe try the MegoMuseum forums, I just go on to look at weird stuff, but forums seem to be active with buying and selling. http://megomuseum.com/community/forum.php

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Then people would be buying up all the sheds to tear them apart. It would be anarchy.

Pre cut and used Lumber isn't worth a 300% markup.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Crossover from the Lego thread, I can’t believe there’s not been a Black Series gonk droid.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I'm aware. Doesn't excuse places jacking up the price of finished sheds sitting on their for sale lots.

Well it does if the alternate ways of building them are now more expensive, they are adjusting to the demand.

Rhyno posted:

Or my hoa insisting on wooden construction only.

Now we agree.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Rhyno posted:

I'm aware. Doesn't excuse places jacking up the price of finished sheds sitting on their for sale lots. Or my hoa insisting on wooden construction only.

Solution, run for President of the HOA and the dissolve it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

Buy a wooden shed and then tell your HOA to get hosed.

Djarum posted:

Solution, run for President of the HOA and the dissolve it.
Or this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've already inquired about it. They love volunteers.

No more wooden sheds and no more parking on the goddamned street.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'm still missing the Viper.

:emo:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Is it normal for packages to sit stationary in FedEx's queue while "paperwork is available?" I had BBTS ship my joes last week, it moved on the 1st, on the 3rd "paperwork is available," and no updates since. I get that covid is slowing everything down, but this seems odd to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Is it normal for packages to sit stationary in FedEx's queue while "paperwork is available?" I had BBTS ship my joes last week, it moved on the 1st, on the 3rd "paperwork is available," and no updates since. I get that covid is slowing everything down, but this seems odd to me.

Something similar happened to me recently, they were rerouting thousands of packages because of the shooting at the Indianapolis hub so it was causing backups all over the region.