Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Terezi has pool ball eyes and is actually Lord English; she has been manipulating Gamzee from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Terezi's eyes are normal, she has recovered from her blindness somehow(dead godtier Feferi shenanigans?) and is ashamed by it. It's driven her into a self-destructive blackrom spiral filled with juggalo soda. Calling it now, y'all can shower me with praise later.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Aranea offered to heal her eyesight, and I was thinking today that Terezi might've changed her mind while wandering around the dream bubbles. For... some reason??? Though I couldn't think of a reason why she'd change her mind, unless something else coerced her into doing so.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Lil Cal possessed Jack through the eyes. Previous owners of Lil Cal had sunglasses which presumably protected them. Terezi would've been safe because she can't see. If her eyesight was restored, it would have included the restoration of that vulnerability. She's in weird alien hateromance with Gamzee, who has been keeping Lil Cal for the duration of the voyage. There is a connection there.

However, it's more likely to be a symbolic one than a literal one. Jack's possession involved removing the eyes from the puppet, and we know it arrives in the session intact. Additionally, if Terezi were being possessed, there's no way she'd be doing anything but loving poo poo up.

But the point is - if the eyes are the windows to the soul, and trespassers can enter through those windows, then the fact that we haven't seen hers in over a year is significant.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

It's good to see Davesprite is alive and well. He's too hard on himself, though. Poor Davesprite.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Terezi suddenly realized that her eyes were red, and ate them.

She is ashamed of this.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Update.

I was wondering what John was up to. Shouldn't have held my breath. :rimshot:

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Davesprite's watermarks are nothing short of perfection. They will be sorely missed, until he heads off to find Dirk in the furthest ring and help him fight Jack English.

I'm not sure how likely that is, but I can have nostalgia dreams, dammit.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
John: Literally sleeping through some of the most momentuous things in the comic.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
John was pre-emptively knocked out by )(IC's Vriskapowers. Only logical reason he'd be sleeping right now.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

John once more is waiting for the Mayor to tell him what for.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

time to fly up away to the sun you fucknig piece of gargbage

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Line Feed posted:

It's good to see Davesprite is alive and well. He's too hard on himself, though. Poor Davesprite.
I might be reading too much into it, but Davesprite saying a reluctant goodbye, watermarks, and this:

quote:

DAVESPRITE: my magic notes rule ill miss leavin em taped on stuff
makes me think something bad is about to happen.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Saddin' pretty hard there, Davesprite. Where's he flying off to now?

Flying off into the sun is an image associated with Davesprite. Either he's going to Skaia (in which case he'll probably see the Condesce trying to steal the universe) or he'll head towards the Green Sun at the exact instant it becomes visible, which will be the direction the meteor is coming from. It would be dramatically appropriate for Dirk to be at that location.

John sleeping is definitely not a coincidence. Something caused this. He was trying to contact somebody in a dream, I bet. Disappointed at his lack of dirtstache, though.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

He's obviously going to meet Nepeta and Feferi in a dream bubble. :colbert:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Davesprite is my favorite character and I will probably cry if anything bad happens to him (for real this time).

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
Oh God, I hope nothing bad happens to Davesprite. I'm not sure I could take it.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Oh wow.
I had to look at my laptop screen from, like, an 80 degree angle to see it, but that last panel is really neat. Watermarks everywhere man.
This update was sad, it really emphasizes how differently Dave and Davesprite have grown.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I'm still wondering what happened to Davesprite's sword. It's been gone ever since he got trounced by Jack. If Jack broke it, I assumed that when Davesprite healed up it would have, erm, re-grown like his wing did.

Maybe he just put it in his sylladex. (Spriteadex?)

Still, poor kid.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Davesprite man, come on, don't be like this. :(

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Who are those human watermark Davesprites? I feel like I recognize at least one of them. Cosplayers?

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Feb 20, 2013

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Cleretic posted:

Who are those human watermark Davesprites? I feel like I recognize at least one of them. Cosplayers?
I'd be entirely unsurprised if one of them was Bowman.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
If John wasn't helping the Alpha-Derse kids, the next best thing that could have happened was that he was asleep, because that increases the likelihood of Vriskatime™. He's got the ring off for a reason: Tavros.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Speaking of cosplayers, who's the Dave cosplayer at the end of the SBAHJ book? Kind of surreal to have an Official Real Dave. (caucasian, even...)

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine

Dorroile posted:

Speaking of cosplayers, who's the Dave cosplayer at the end of the SBAHJ book? Kind of surreal to have an Official Real Dave. (caucasian, even...)

Huh, never knew that that was a thing. Got a link to the picture of Real Official Dave? I wouldn't be able to recognize them since I don't know cosplayers though.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Tumblr's already pissed that Hussie used the photos without permission.

Not saying he did, but that won't stop tumblr from being pissed.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Tumblr would get pissed over anything.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I know one of the cosplayers seen in that update doesn't really care, she found it funny. This isn't really the first time Hussie has done something like this and the pictures that he used are some of the more popular Davesprite cosplay images floating around. As for the Dave in SBHJ book I heard from a friend that the cosplayer made that picture long ago and isn't even into Homestuck anymore.

Zaltys
Jun 24, 2008

lotus circle posted:

Interesting to note, though entirely coincidental I assume: in the tarot card deck, Doc Scratch was assigned as the Magician. A tarot card with an infinity sign on it. Flip the number eight sideways.
Perhaps. This page always seemed a bit odd to me.
Not to mention that the magic cue ball works like a magic 8-ball.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

cubivore posted:

Huh, never knew that that was a thing. Got a link to the picture of Real Official Dave? I wouldn't be able to recognize them since I don't know cosplayers though.

Picture courtesy of some random person on Tumblr who took pictures of the book. It's kind of surreal, isn't it?

Anyway, it's pretty hilarious if lotus circle is right about that Dave not being into Homestuck anymore. I think that really improves the irony value.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

kvx687 posted:

Calliope brought that up a while back, I think from one of her talks with Jane/Roxy right before revealing her actual species. According to her, limebloods had special empathic powers, similar to Karkat's shooshpaps but with PSYCHIC POWERS. It's never made explicit whether she's actually right or just projecting her fanfictions on actual history, though.

Nothing in this post is true, although the last sentence does apply to other fanfic-y stuff she actually did say about limebloods (they had weird names, they had special powers of some sort, they were wiped out).

EDIT: Hmm. I wonder if Terezi could see Gamzee's future through his mind, like Caliborn with Lil' Cal? Her powers are about seeing the real-world consequences of people's decisions.

Iny fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Feb 20, 2013

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I was reading the update on my laptop and had my screen angled that I couldn't see the watermarks. It was actually kind of cool when he said to have some for the road and I angled my screen down for a cornucopia of Davesprites to appear.

Poor Davesprite, though. You can really see where he came from out of Dave's personality but has diverged drastically over the last three years. Considering how Dave has developed strong friendships and is looking forward to rekindling more of them, Davesprite's "everyone's better off without me" is really quite sad.

It is a pretty complicated issue, though. I mean where in this world does Davesprite belong? It's a pity Jadesprite bonded with Jade, it'd probably have helped him a lot to have another outsider version of one of his friends. I'm still a little surprised and quite sad that the John from Davesprite's Timeline was in the dream bubbles and Dave never got to meet him.

The only happy ending I can imagine at this point for Davesprite is his timeline's Jade is hiding out in the dreambubbles and they could yet meet. Otherwise he's going to keep feeling alone and not as real as "real Dave".

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
This update is a real downer. Those watermarks make me feel like something bad is in store for Davesprite. :smith:

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Please, last time we saw Davesprite as an airy watermark stretched across the sky it was just a thing that happened and was never adequately addressed or explained outside the possibility of John's subjective delusions. Rather than some ominous foreshadowing, I'm sure this is just more of the same!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I wonder if John was in the same dream bubble as Terezi. And if so, what they would have done there.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

This update is a real downer. Those watermarks make me feel like something bad is in store for Davesprite. :smith:

Yeah, but this is like the 3rd time Davesprite has said something ominous indicating he might die or stared down death.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Davesprite is definitely at a loose end but I think it would be nice if he met up with Arquiusprite. They can both bond over being secondary duplicates of a main character, and maybe AR can teach Dave a thing or two about self confidence - dude needs to learn that he still has some value and relevance despite being a so-called redundant duplicate.

Also, where are jaspersprite and nannasprite going off too? I'd like to say 'to meet up with Jane and Roxy' but both those characters have more pressing matter at hand right now.

Pentachronic Snail
Nov 2, 2011

Rooreelooo posted:

Davesprite is definitely at a loose end but I think it would be nice if he met up with Arquiusprite. They can both bond over being secondary duplicates of a main character, and maybe AR can teach Dave a thing or two about self confidence - dude needs to learn that he still has some value and relevance despite being a so-called redundant duplicate.

Also, where are jaspersprite and nannasprite going off too? I'd like to say 'to meet up with Jane and Roxy' but both those characters have more pressing matter at hand right now.

I don't think Arquiussprite is a/are secondary duplicate(s) of characters. He is technically a combination of two characters in the "alpha" timeline (so to speak) in sprite form.

Also, I think Davesprite is going to miss John a lot. He wouldn't pull out all those watermarks for him otherwise. Everyone knows how John feels about Davesprite's watermarks.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Pentachronic Snail posted:

I don't think Arquiussprite is a/are secondary duplicate(s) of characters. He is technically a combination of two characters in the "alpha" timeline (so to speak) in sprite form.

Also, I think Davesprite is going to miss John a lot. He wouldn't pull out all those watermarks for him otherwise. Everyone knows how John feels about Davesprite's watermarks.

He's part Equius, correct, but you need to remember that AR is a duplicate of Dirk, just one that couldn't age past 13 and was stuck in a pair of shades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Aww, all the Terezi speculation at the top of this page gave me a good chuckle.

That and the intense meta-irony of Davesprite. Lassie Jade, bargain bin Dave, "I know you all want to know more of what went down on the ship, but I'm Andrew Hussie and I have a story to tell, so screw you."

Literally Sharks posted:

EDIT: Hmm. I wonder if Terezi could see Gamzee's future through his mind, like Caliborn with Lil' Cal? Her powers are about seeing the real-world consequences of people's decisions.

Oh god. I'd forgotten about Terezi's Seer of Mind powers. She could probably see everything Gamzee was up to, but had no way of preventing it (Gamzee is clearly too powerful). That level of hate could easily power a kismessitude, and the accompanying helplessness could drive someone to nihilism and drink (Faygo).

As for the pantslessness, I'm beginning to feel that it may have been solely to create a coincidence with Jake's god tier pantslessness (the coincidences are piling up fast just now), which itself is the logical endpoint of his progressively shortening shorts. Terezi was just an innocent victim of coincidence. And possibly merchandising.

But yeah, the coincidences: Jake/Terezi's pantslessness; John/Terezi's being asleep on arrival; John/Jane's birthday's coinciding with arrival; the meteor, ship and Caliborn all arriving at the same time; all the various symmetrical goings on with the kids' ascensions / being mind controlled.

I just hope this doesn't mean that AH plans on ending this soon. It feels like there needs to be a lot more building up (and/or darkest hour stuff) before then.