Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Holy gently caress what a lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED
RBF, the aquabats, suburban legends, and koo koo kanga roo are playing in dallas next week.

:swoon:

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Holy gently caress what a lineup.

Here's the full lineup as of right now:
MU330, SLOW GHERKIN, THE QUEERS, THE APERS, SHINOBU, THE HOT TODDIES, THE WILD, MONKEY, SHORT ROUND, KEVIN SECONDS, BUCK-O-NINE, UNSTEADY, GRANT OLNEY, READY THE JET, MIKE HALE, CLASSICS OF LOVE, THE SAINTE CATHERINES, O PIONEERS!!!, PTERADON, HARD GIRLS, DAN POTTHAST, BOMB THE MUSIC INDUSTRY!, LAURA STEVENSON, MIKEY ERG, BAGHEERA, BRENDAN KELLY, TOYS THAT KILL, FOR.THE.WIN., THE CHINKEES, ANDREW JACKSON JIHAD, THE LAWRENCE ARMS, SUNDOWNER, SLAPSTICK

I'm going come hell or high water.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
oh my god that lineup holyshit

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

welp I should probably start saving for a plane ticket from Boston to SF

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
San Francisco needs to be not on the other side of the country from me

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
San Francisco needs to move ot upstate NY.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Try Ohio.

We're Lucky if Mustard Plug and Less Than Jake still come around.

It's a two hour drive one way for me to see a ska show anymore.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

WaffleZombie posted:

Here's the full lineup as of right now:
MU330, SLOW GHERKIN, THE QUEERS, THE APERS, SHINOBU, THE HOT TODDIES, THE WILD, MONKEY, SHORT ROUND, KEVIN SECONDS, BUCK-O-NINE, UNSTEADY, GRANT OLNEY, READY THE JET, MIKE HALE, CLASSICS OF LOVE, THE SAINTE CATHERINES, O PIONEERS!!!, PTERADON, HARD GIRLS, DAN POTTHAST, BOMB THE MUSIC INDUSTRY!, LAURA STEVENSON, MIKEY ERG, BAGHEERA, BRENDAN KELLY, TOYS THAT KILL, FOR.THE.WIN., THE CHINKEES, ANDREW JACKSON JIHAD, THE LAWRENCE ARMS, SUNDOWNER, SLAPSTICK

I'm going come hell or high water.

Holly poo poo this replaces No Mexican Food as the top reason I should not have moved to the east coast.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Try Ohio.

We're Lucky if Mustard Plug and Less Than Jake still come around.

Unless I want to go to a lovely local show, it's anywhere from an hour and a half from home to three hours from school.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Tell me about it, I've gotten used to having to drive 3 hours to Cleveland anytime I want to see a decent band play, except for the one time BTMI! played in my hometown (Dayton) about 2 years ago. I'm going to have to drive to Detroit to see Godspeed You! Black Emperor in March, so I hope it'll be worth it.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl
I wouldn't call LTJ "lucky".

And we've got Streetlight next month, so there.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
you guys may be interested to know btmi released a new song.

http://fuckthewinteriamhibernating.tumblr.com/

straight up indie rock!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

god drat btmi! owns so loving hard that it's borderline impossible for me to listen to them because it hurts my brain that something can be so good

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Obama Yo Mama posted:

god drat btmi! owns so loving hard that it's borderline impossible for me to listen to them because it hurts my brain that something can be so good

I can't take them seriously after reading the plea (on their website) to German fans to loan them amps for a continental tour.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cheezymadman posted:

I can't take them seriously after reading the plea (on their website) to German fans to loan them amps for a continental tour.

Lugging amps across the ocean has gotta be a bitch.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Dickeye posted:

Lugging amps across the ocean has gotta be a bitch.

Suck it up or don't do an overseas tour. v0v

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
are you guys serious

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cheezymadman posted:

Suck it up or don't do an overseas tour. v0v

Glad we got that settled then.

Anyway, it has zero influence on their music, which still owns because Jeff is loving rad and we really need to get him to play here.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a common practice for touring bands to borrow or rent equipment when traveling overseas.

Nobody wants to pay to fly a thousand pounds worth of gear across the ocean or have a tour held up while waiting for a cargo ship to cross the ocean.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Derpes Simplex posted:

San Francisco needs to be not on the other side of the country from me

That's not stopping me from going, and I live in Delaware.

And I get to see BtMI play in Philly on Sunday. I didn't get to see them at all last year (I think they only played in Philly twice, both were bring your own band shows), so I'm pretty excited.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

WaffleZombie posted:

That's not stopping me from going, and I live in Delaware.

I always forget that we lived close-by. I think we went to a meetup in philly once, maybe?

Also, not bringing amps overseas and borrowing them from wherever is punk as gently caress.

DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010

Dickeye posted:

The only way that could be any better was if Jen Doesn't Like Me Anymore was on there.

Or Escape from the A Bomb House

What, am I the only one who likes that song?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

It's a common practice for touring bands to borrow or rent equipment when traveling overseas.

Nobody wants to pay to fly a thousand pounds worth of gear across the ocean or have a tour held up while waiting for a cargo ship to cross the ocean.

And I'd imagine that when you recorded an album for fifty bucks, it's kinda hard to pay to ship all that gear.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
If you're ever taking Bomb seriously, you are blowing it.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
They release everything for free. Cut them some slack for having the audacity to ask if they could bum some equipment so they could play shows and (hopefully) break even.

The Piebald namedrop in the new song made me smile.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I went to this giant-rear end FYE today and finally managed to snag copies of gently caress World Trade and Mediocre Generica for a grand total of 20 bucks. Good day.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

Dickeye posted:

I went to this giant-rear end FYE today and finally managed to snag copies of gently caress World Trade and Mediocre Generica for a grand total of 20 bucks. Good day.

Any self respecting crusty would shank you for that.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Man I ain't got money and they were in this insane used section, which is the reason I actually found gently caress World Trade in a legit store in the first place.

Also, gently caress crusties. Being smelly does not make you punk, it makes you gross.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
My record shop always had them in stock, too bad for you. Also I just hate FYE.

As for crusties, I've been to 2 Leftover Crack shows and Im shocked I never contracted tetanus, hep-C, legionnaires disease or been shanked.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I don't have a local record shop anymore. Haven't since I moved back home from NC. I'm pretty much limited to hitting up chain stores and the internet when I want tunes.

e: Also this store has an insane selection of used music, and when I go when there's a sale (Like today, buy one used get one for a buck) I can clean up like whoa for thirty bucks. Mediocre Generica was the only thing I bought new.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 8, 2011

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I miss Piebald, but this is the wrong thread for that.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
My friend Sammy K's band, The Forthrights, is finally selling their new 7".

quote:

THE FIRST 50 COPIES OF THE PRESALE WILL RECEIVE THE BLACK VINYL (black will only be available in presale or in the limited 3 color combo), A 12" LIMITED SCREEN PRINTED JACKET, A POSTER, STICKERS AND 1 LUCKY PERSON WILL GET RECEIVE A TEST PRESS!!!! MAKE SURE NONE OF YOU MISS OUT ON THIS!

ALL ORDERS COME WITH A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

We are also offering the special of all 3 color variations + a tshirt for 15$. Christmas come early...or late depending how you look at it.

t shirt is our high note design!

get it at the link below!

http://panicstaterecords.limitedpressing.com/products/7005

Anyone else go see Bomb in Philly last night? I was working their merch table most of the night, so if you have a time machine jump back and come say hey. They've definitely played better before, but it was still a good time. I took a few videos but didn't get in until almost 3 so I haven't had a chance to check them out.

also heard a demo of a new new new btmi! song and it is craaaazy

hedgecore fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 11, 2011

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I see that ALL ORDERS COME WITH A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD! Is there any way to just buy the digital download? I don't have a record player. Also, are there samples anywhere?

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

guppy posted:

I see that ALL ORDERS COME WITH A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD! Is there any way to just buy the digital download? I don't have a record player. Also, are there samples anywhere?

I don't think so, to either of those questions. If you're on Facebook and comment on the event page you'll probably get an answer from one of the band members.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183420835018994&index=1

Edit: Promo - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1610380062865&oid=43859448166&comments

hedgecore fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 11, 2011

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

guppy posted:

Owning a record player is so mainstream.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
It's almost starting to feel that way, actually. Someone gave me vinyl for my birthday last year.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'd love to own a record player and some vinyl.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Ok, I went on a video upload rampage last night.

1) Here's some poor quality videos of Bomb from Sunday's show in Philly. I missed several songs and the camera pans off them numerous times from being drunk / talking to John's girlfriend about how awesome the Human Centipede is.

Unlimited Breadsticks, Soup, and Salad Days
Planning My Death
All Ages Shows / Big Ending / The First Time I Met Sanawon
Congratulations, John, On Joining Every Time I Die
Saddr, Weirdr
I'm Too Cool For Music
Fresh Attitude, Young Body
25!!!
493 Ruth
It Shits

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5C0F4DC46A229A75

2) Here's the unannounced Bomb acoustic set from Harvest of Hope last March. I filmed this too and have had it since then but only recently has Youtube allowed me to upload videos longer than 15 minutes and I didn't feel like cropping.

Future 86
Jobs Schmobs
Syke! Life is Awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfJMNlzHvYc

3) Here's an old live MP3 of my old band Legitimate Business playing our single "80 on 80". This was the song we had featured on the Tony Hawk's Project 8 soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6GZT9-CBd4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

hedgecore posted:

2) Here's the unannounced Bomb acoustic set from Harvest of Hope last March. I filmed this too and have had it since then but only recently has Youtube allowed me to upload videos longer than 15 minutes and I didn't feel like cropping.

Future 86
Jobs Schmobs
Syke! Life is Awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfJMNlzHvYc

:fap: