Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

Buhbuhj posted:

I paid msrp(15,675) on the car. A lot of dealers have mark ups on them because they are brand new so I guess I did ok.

I have a car buying service through my bank, and you did ok to buy it at MSRP. The service offered $15,550 (but listed that as $242 below MSRP.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Parabellum posted:

New daily. Its currently in pieces :v:

'88 with a late silvertop and a full suspension setup put through it by the previous owner.
Probably going to put some 15" period wheels on it and generally give it some attention.
Tidy little beast. Saw a Gen 1 MR2 on the way to work the other day, can't believe how tiny they are, even compared to a "small" car like the new Ford Fiesta.

Tragic Otter
Aug 3, 2000

Buhbuhj posted:

Just picked this up today.

Fiesta SE Hatch. Car rules, only thing I have to nag about is the long throw on the shifter. I'll probably pick up some new wheels come spring as well.

I swear I didn't add that lense flare. It was just a horrible time to take a picture.

Congrats on your Fiesta. I was looking at those pretty seriously as well. I've decided to stick with my focus, but the Fiesta is a beautiful little car.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

You Am I posted:

Tidy little beast. Saw a Gen 1 MR2 on the way to work the other day, can't believe how tiny they are, even compared to a "small" car like the new Ford Fiesta.

I was driving my Fit to the hospital today and I passed an EG Civic hatch (92-95) on the highway. In my mind the Fit is a small car because everyone around here drives giant vehicles, but I felt like a towering giant next to that civic.

Picking up a '96 full-size Bronco tomorrow, pictures forthcoming!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Faceless Clock posted:

Congrats on your Fiesta. I was looking at those pretty seriously as well. I've decided to stick with my focus, but the Fiesta is a beautiful little car.

I think the thing I can't get over the most is how well this car handles. At low speeds and at high speeds it's crazy. Granted I haven't driven any high performance vehicles but for what it is I'm very impressed.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Cross posting from the miata thread:

It's a '94, 107k miles. Put 100 miles on it in the two days before I had to go back to NY. Driving a nimble car with RWD is such a different experience, I still get a grin on my face every time I get into it. Can't wait to get back to it in three weeks!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Got this today.

1970 Galaxie XL Convertible

It's got a 390 with a C6, I believe. No real background on it, bought it from a guy that planned on restoring it and never got around to doing so.

Needs a bunch of work, but drives well enough and I'm doing a full restoration if anyone is interested in a thread covering it. Taking it to get the top replaced in a couple of weeks and will start working on it after that. These were taken after it received a much-needed wash, but didn't have time to detail it beyond that.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

I'm storing it at my father's place until the shop is ready to replace the top. I've got too many stray cats on my block to risk leaving it in my yard.

edit

(top is up in the second photo, that's why it needs to be replaced)

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 4, 2010

Parabellum
Feb 26, 2004
Si Vis Pace

You Am I posted:

You're not kidding there. I pulled alongside a bloke in a Austin Cooper S the other night and he was higher off the ground than I was!

Definitely something new for me, the thing can turn in way harder than Im capable of giving it right now, too used to Falcons and old Holdens..

EDIT: mutt2jeff, the current wheels are gutter rashed to hell and I have a thing for 3 piece wheels right now..

Parabellum fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Aug 3, 2010

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

As promised, pictures of the Bronco:

I picked it up today. It's a 96 with 162k miles, a 5.0, 4WD, etc. Picked it up for about a grand under Blue Book, and all it needs is the rear window sorted out. I had to put a new battery in it, but the PO put a new starter solenoid, a new trailing arm bushing, got it inspected, and threw in a new set of brake shoes for the rear just because. A/C blows ice cold, and both high range and low range on the 4WD work. Practically no rust on it, and the interior is as immaculate as you can expect from a 14 year old truck.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Parabellum posted:

New daily. Its currently in pieces :v:

'88 with a late silvertop and a full suspension setup put through it by the previous owner.
Probably going to put some 15" period wheels on it and generally give it some attention.

what is happening to the EJ :ohdear:

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
Every full size Bronco should be painted white IMO.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

PBCrunch posted:

Every full size Bronco should be painted white IMO.

And should have a vanity plate that's some variation of "RUN OJ"?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Wow, I didn't realize they made them until 1996. Looks great.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Not Clutch posted:

Pictures coming soon and report until then I just keep watching this, while :shlick:.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5HJd3Pwtys&feature=related

Post your own ride challenge! It's been almost a month and we've seen no pictures of your XFR.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I picked it up today. It's a 96 with 162k miles, a 5.0, 4WD, etc. Picked it up for about a grand under Blue Book, and all it needs is the rear window sorted out. I had to put a new battery in it, but the PO put a new starter solenoid, a new trailing arm bushing, got it inspected, and threw in a new set of brake shoes for the rear just because. A/C blows ice cold, and both high range and low range on the 4WD work. Practically no rust on it, and the interior is as immaculate as you can expect from a 14 year old truck.

I am so loving jealous. I'd trade my Cherokee for a Bronco in a heartbeat.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

MikeyTsi posted:

And should have a vanity plate that's some variation of "RUN OJ"?

I was actually thinking of getting an OJ-Related plate, something like "NOT OJ" but I can't afford to repaint it white.

Rhyno posted:

I am so loving jealous. I'd trade my Cherokee for a Bronco in a heartbeat.

Haha thanks. I'm not a big Ford fan as a rule (previous experience with my SHO) but I have always liked the full-sized Broncos. I got it for a good deal and I know it's been taken care of, so I jumped on it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Haha thanks. I'm not a big Ford fan as a rule (previous experience with my SHO)

What was wrong with it?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

kimbo305 posted:

What was wrong with it?

It was an automatic SHO. It left my wife sitting in a parking lot about every week, and this was just after my first son was born, so she would have to walk home from the grocery store (about 1/2 mile) with a baby and groceries in tow, or wait in the store till I got back from work, etc. Then the transmission (stupid Ford AXOD) started going out and would clunk every time you put it in gear. Also - while accelerating, no matter how gently, the shift to second gear resulted in screeches and tire smoke and violent shaking. We couldn't get the A/C or half the windows to work even after trying some replacement parts and attempting to diagnose underlying issues. Basically, it was the first "family" car we bought in anticipation of our first child, and pretty much everything was wrong with it.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

It was an automatic SHO. It left my wife sitting in a parking lot about every week, and this was just after my first son was born, so she would have to walk home from the grocery store (about 1/2 mile) with a baby and groceries in tow, or wait in the store till I got back from work, etc. Then the transmission (stupid Ford AXOD) started going out and would clunk every time you put it in gear. Also - while accelerating, no matter how gently, the shift to second gear resulted in screeches and tire smoke and violent shaking. We couldn't get the A/C or half the windows to work even after trying some replacement parts and attempting to diagnose underlying issues. Basically, it was the first "family" car we bought in anticipation of our first child, and pretty much everything was wrong with it.

Was that the V8 egg-like SHO? I heard they were transmission eating machines, and were then like $8k to replace when they did poo poo.

I don't think the original SHOs were even offered in automatic, is why I was asking.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

dreesemonkey posted:

Was that the V8 egg-like SHO? I heard they were transmission eating machines, and were then like $8k to replace when they did poo poo.

I don't think the original SHOs were even offered in automatic, is why I was asking.

They added an automatic option in 1993.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

Second generation SHO, 1995. It had the same god-awful transmission as the Ford Windstar.

YoYo
Mar 15, 2003
Physics!!
Just got this about a month ago... 2007 A4 2.0T Quattro CPO w/ 30k miles on it for 22k, loving all the amenities after driving a '68 black on black mustang w/o AC.

Learned about it's desire to eat oil after buying it but I don't think it's really that big of a deal...

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
How 'bout posting that mustang?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Agreed. The Audi is pretty cool, but I'd love to see that Mustang, too.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Mentioned it in another thread, but here's my new-to-me Mazda6i:

This car is an absolute joy to drive. It handles as good or better than my GTI did. Definitely not the fastest thing on 4 wheels, but it's really comfy and gets 30mpg highway. I couldn't be happier. :)

Look how glossy the paint is. This car seriously looks like it just left the showroom.

YoYo
Mar 15, 2003
Physics!!

Raluek posted:

How 'bout posting that mustang?

Ask and thy shall receive....

1968 V8 289 2-Barrel 3-Speed Automatic w/ Flowmaster exhaust, bought for 3800$ in '01, put at least that much in to it since then.

Was a really fun daily driver, just hot and full of problems, like the women I'm attracted to...

Car is still down in FL in the 'rents garage where it gets much love and care and the occasional drive. Decided not to bring it up to VA where I'm working now since I've got no garage here and it's not exactly the best car to have if you don't have a garage to work in, not even taking in to account the winter snow/ice/salt trio... but I'll eventually bring it up when I get a house here.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Christ is that 'stang clean-looking. I'll leave it to frozenphil to tell me why that's not so, but to me that's gorgeous.

e: How much of it is original?

YoYo
Mar 15, 2003
Physics!!

Raluek posted:

Christ is that 'stang clean-looking. I'll leave it to frozenphil to tell me why that's not so, but to me that's gorgeous.

e: How much of it is original?

Thanks, that's after pops gave it a bizillion coats of wax, as far as how much is original, the engine/transmission/interior besides the radio, little rust here and there but I'm pretty sure the body/frame is all original and there's just the one spot, passenger kick-board, that we took out and replaced because you could probably put your foot on the ground if you pulled back the carpet and kicked some rust away. Oh and the paint is new as is the c-stripe.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

angryhampster posted:

Mentioned it in another thread, but here's my new-to-me Mazda6i:

This car is an absolute joy to drive. It handles as good or better than my GTI did. Definitely not the fastest thing on 4 wheels, but it's really comfy and gets 30mpg highway. I couldn't be happier. :)

Look how glossy the paint is. This car seriously looks like it just left the showroom.

Hah, I just picked up a Mazda 6 as well - 2008 iSV -- black on black. Compared to my old Monte Carlo this thing is a dream. Yes, it's a little sluggish with the 4cyl but drat, the thing handles so well. I haven't driven too many cars beyond family sedans, trucks, and econoboxes but the 6 just feels so different in a good way. I'm a huge fan of mine, I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Such a nice car. I shopped used cars for a while and I kept going back to the Mazda6. I really feel like I made the right choice. First car I've ever bought that I actually enjoy driving instead of just feeling like basic transportation.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

_adam posted:

What's up, DSM buddy?

Check out https://www.dsmtuners.com. It seems to be surprisingly free of douchebags now.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

MikeyTsi posted:

What's up, DSM buddy?

Check out https://www.dsmtuners.com. It seems to be surprisingly free of douchebags now.

Yeah I'm on there. I don't post there much though.

I prefer DSMTalk/DSMLink Forums.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
2009 Hyundai Accent Sport
5 spd, suspension upgrades, OEM SR lipkit, and a projector retrofit

Click here for the full 1200x900 image.

Click here for the full 900x1200 image.

Click here for the full 1200x900 image.

I've had it for a couple years, but like most of my cars I wasn't happy with posting it until I was 'done' with it. I needed a fuel efficient highway car after owning an RX7 and moving outside the city, so I looked in the subcompacts for a 3DR hatch and that was the best 'cuz no, the Yaris is NOT incredibly fun to drive and the next best hatch was the GTI and gently caress paying their Canadian prices for a car that's still FWD at the end of the day. Plus I hate working on German cars. So I got this one and just put some money into it instead. It was a really tough decision for me because I'd been a Mazda fanboy for, well, ever and wanted a Mazda2 so badly it's not funny but it's three years later and they're still not out so I guess it was a good call. Plus I wasn't really sure about the Hyundai brand but after doing my research and saw how much they've improved, I made the jump. And to be honest, with 60k put on the car I've had a grand total of 0 things wrong with the car. I'm very impressed.

First was the projector retrofit because I live in a rural area and have 20km of highway to cover at night - wildlife is a concern. The CCFL was a 30 dollar experiment and visual cue - they aren't even wired up any more. I don't mind them though, it looked a little bare with just the projector lens inside the headlight.

I really wanted one of the 500 SR editions, but the only one available in the country at the time was red, had 90k put on it within a year and a half of ownership, and was owned by a girl... and they still wanted 20k for it. Yeah, gently caress that. Since I'm an autobody tech, I was able to acquire most of the ground effects kit on Ebay in the US for dirty cheap, and ordered the flares from the dealer at our big discounted rate and painted them for free myself.

All said and done, I only spent 2k total on the extras in parts and shipping, and that put me at the price for the SR I wanted and in return I got a new car, kickass headlights, and the same ground effects kit. I don't have all the other extra SR bits but who cares and I'm happier with the car in the end. So I'm pretty much done with the car for now. Perhaps down the road I'll throw a supercharger on it for a moderate low-end power boost but I don't want to gently caress with the fuel efficiency so we'll see.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

_adam posted:

Looks a lot like Sav from IMVFilms' car.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

_adam posted:

Nice! Just picked this up today.

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas

1985 Short Wheelbase Isuzu Trooper, 4spd manual, 4cyl 2.23L Turbo Diesel, 340,000kms and going strong.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
Like mentioned above, I also recently got a Mazda 6i. It isn't fast but man is it fun. Plus it's nice getting near 30mpg for the first time in my life.

(Sorry angryhampster, this angle is awesome though)

groucho
Jan 31, 2005

I got this pretty sweet j-body back in 2007. One time, I didnt change the oil for an entire year! Still running strong today.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That car is seriously lacking in rust and hood scoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

Very nice. I had a 1994 Eddie Bauer edition with the 5.7 for a few years. Engine and body were fantastic but I got a poo poo E4OD tranny that was rebuilt and then replaced. The replaced one was fine. I don't think it helped that I had a super charger on it. :black101: Oh and watch out for the solenoid/motor on the transfer case that changes the gears, it's a known weak part of that series of transfercases.