Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Can some throw an invite to Krunkthas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Well this is fun. Win 7 64-bit, game crashes when I launch. Uninstalled the windows update, patched the game, still doesn't work. Mobile app hasn't worked for like 2 days either.

e: Well, i got it working by just trying to load the game for about the 20th time in a row. Brute force!

Windmill Hut fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 16, 2013

Spasticon
Aug 4, 2013

Nubsauce

Kreczor posted:

It would be condonable had he traded me a REX. As such, he never left me any room to barter or confirm payment. Instead, as soon as he saw someone link him a ring he instantly transfers and you have to pay him. I'm not going to argue, my wording was poor and that's probably what I'm getting banned for in the end.

I'm pretty sure the problem is not what occurred before the ring landed in your inbox. It's what you did afterwards... or rather... what you didn't do: Contact a GM to have the offending item transferred into the gifter's inventory.

Instead you kept it.

Everything in your defense description/scenario works... until you decided to keep the item.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Machai posted:

Are they really only available for a limited time? As long as you have the currency saved up all regular seasonal items are available year-round, you just can't get the currency outside of the season. Swimsuits are bout with credits though so I assumed it was a new premium costume item that they introduced during the appropriate season.

This is the only thing I could find on the subject, though nothing official: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/376219-summerfest-swimwear-question.html

So, no official response really. I can't see them taking them away since they're toting the costume and wardrobe thing now, not to mention that you can only get them through the store for a bunch of credits.

Edit: Here's a page with all the suits http://rift.junkiesnation.com/2013/07/23/summerfest-2013-swimwear-preview/ . Color doesn't seem to matter much though, since you're able to dye them.

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 16, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Spasticon posted:

I'm pretty sure the problem is not what occurred before the ring landed in your inbox. It's what you did afterwards... or rather... what you didn't do: Contact a GM to have the offending item transferred into the gifter's inventory.

Instead you kept it.

Everything in your defense description/scenario works... until you decided to keep the item.

Except, from Daglar:

quote:

There will be zero enforcement on Trion's end regarding users failing to pay platinum for the gifted items, and zero support given for people that fail to send the gifted item.

That is a buyer beware situation.

~Daglar

Doon
May 4, 2005
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
Can I get a guild invite? Character name: Doon

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
That's a quote from someone here in this thread, not Daglar.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Can someone give me some tips on setting up karuul alerts? I played around a bit, and it seems spotty. Mainly want to check stuff like how many stacks of Unifying Theory, and that fast BoD buff are on me, when my Healing Spray and Soothing Stream are going to fall off, and cool buffs like wild growth.
I tried Frostbite and Lightning Hammer last night, only got Frostbite working.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

anthonypants posted:

That's a quote from someone here in this thread, not Daglar.

That's a link to a post in this thread that is quoting Daglar.

Stupor Mundi
Jan 10, 2008
Filil Hobenstaufenin osculamini asinum meum.
May I have an invite? My character's name is Aethelweird. I'm really liking the Mage class so far; I chose the elemental summoner (don't remember the name). The pet is pretty tanky and my nukes hit hard.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Stupor Mundi posted:

May I have an invite? My character's name is Aethelweird. I'm really liking the Mage class so far; I chose the elemental summoner (don't remember the name). The pet is pretty tanky and my nukes hit hard.

You aren't locked into Elementalist forever. You can get up to 20 Roles (although past 8 they get really expensive), and each Role can use up to 3 souls. You can swap between these roles anytime you are out of combat. For example, I have Pyro, Dominator, Archon, Chloro, Harb and Necromancer roles (with a few variations filling up the extra slots) allowing me to fill any role (except tank, at this point).

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

You aren't locked into Elementalist forever. You can get up to 20 Roles (although past 8 they get really expensive), and each Role can use up to 3 souls. You can swap between these roles anytime you are out of combat. For example, I have Pyro, Dominator, Archon, Chloro, Harb and Necromancer roles (with a few variations filling up the extra slots) allowing me to fill any role (except tank, at this point).

Yeah, this is one of the best things about Rift. (As a Cleric) I have Defiler, Defiler, Defiler, and then some silly dps specs and a Tank spec :unsmigghh:.

And Mages are getting a Tank soul whenever the new content comes out! Whoo! (I hope they make it so I can focus a Shielding Charge or something but using Pet frames works just fine as long as your raid doesn't have like 50000 rangers)

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 16, 2013

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

That's a link to a post in this thread that is quoting Daglar.

Well, no it isn't quoting Daglar. There is no source link to a particular post or image of Daglar saying it. It's still just a goon typing it up on SA.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

SlayVus posted:

Well, no it isn't quoting Daglar. There is no source link to a particular post or image of Daglar saying it. It's still just a goon typing it up on SA.

Yeah, someone here faked a daglar post for fun and profit can't you sheeple see that?!?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

SlayVus posted:

here

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Upon quoting the Daglar post, this is the reply I got:

So yea, you can do it but you can't and also you could get banned or you might not.
I've already been unbanned so whatever, doesn't matter anymore.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kreczor posted:

Upon quoting the Daglar post, this is the reply I got:

So yea, you can do it but you can't and also you could get banned or you might not.
I've already been unbanned so whatever, doesn't matter anymore.
Did you keep the ring

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

deadtear posted:

Did you keep the ring

Nope, they took it back!

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
:smith: Bye Elrar :smith:
http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/380856-updates-about-rift-community.html#post4453848

Really? I loved this guy. He was always fun to listen to and involved the community.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

lsp posted:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/380856-updates-about-rift-community.html#post4453848

Really? I loved this guy. He was always fun to listen to and involved the community.

RIP. He CM-obs'd our raid once (when they were trying to fix Crucia) it was pretty sweet.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hartsman better come forward and say something because that is a really impactful firing/layoff, Elrar was going to be the community manager for Archeage as well. Kinda makes me think it was more a firing and less a layoff, but ugh, Elrar seems like a good guy :(

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Hartsman better come forward and say something because that is a really impactful firing/layoff, Elrar was going to be the community manager for Archeage as well. Kinda makes me think it was more a firing and less a layoff, but ugh, Elrar seems like a good guy :(

Yeah... watching last weeks stream there was no indication that he was on the way out. Given that Hartsman just came onboard a firing makes more sense, although I'd be curious as to why.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

lsp posted:

And dahanese is taking over? Sigh.

I miss Trion circa closed Rift beta. :(

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Next week: Daglar.
Two weeks: Flying mounts.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It looks like Hartsman is going to make the stream today. I like Dahanese, but she's no Elrar, so it may be interesting.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Eltoasto posted:

It looks like Hartsman is going to make the stream today. I like Dahanese, but she's no Elrar, so it may be interesting.

I can't stand her. I feel like she has absolutely 0 personality, so I'm really not looking forward to the livestreams.

Elrar was kind of dorky but he really seemed to have a good time.

Illuminatus
Mar 25, 2008

FNORD
I am back occasionally playing and was in Everything is Fine. It was a SA guild? Been to long to remember. Anyway it moved off Deepwood. Please invite Athasia to Goon Squad.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Illuminatus posted:

I am back occasionally playing and was in Everything is Fine. It was a SA guild? Been to long to remember. Anyway it moved off Deepwood. Please invite Athasia to Goon Squad.

It moved away, then moved back. Goon Squad is The Guild Formerly Known as 'Everything is Fine'.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Don't transfer with it, gquit EiF then ask for a GS invite.

Ferrett
Sep 6, 2000

I haven't played in a billion years, but Padhraig would like an invite :D

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
Did a random GH3, got a greater.

THE SPIRIT OF ELRAR FILLS ME

Phryyd
Mar 21, 2013

necrotic posted:

Yeah... watching last weeks stream there was no indication that he was on the way out. Given that Hartsman just came onboard a firing makes more sense, although I'd be curious as to why.

With all the other cost cutting going on maybe he didnt want to take a pay cut.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
the rift forums are pretty great right now. a huge group of retards who unironically care about a guy whose sole job was to post on forums has come out of the woodwork and are threatening to quit because of this decision which has 0 impact on the actual game itself. there's also some dumb/hilarious theories about trion being sold. hopefully daglar is next though! that dude is a turd.

in actual news there's some more details about the new chronicles out, though i don't really see a reason to do them as i'll have dendrome reps maxed in a week or two, but if they keep doing chronicles like they have been they'll have 6 dungeons (4 chronicles + 2 normals) giving pre-expert loot, which seems kinda redundant. hopefully they put some thought into the itemization.

ahahhahahah who am i kidding

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

shut up gelly posted:

this decision which has 0 impact on the actual game itself.

Not true, people will spend less time sheeped in-game due to this decision.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Deepwood and a bunch of other shards have just gone down it looks like.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
GREATER #2 I AM THE KING OF RNG

ELRAR GUIDE MY HAND

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
So I've been 60 for a couple months now and I've kinda been holding back on endgame stuff because I'm not real confident in my abilities. I used the NB/RS/Tact leveling build and don't feel like I really learned to play beyond that.

What do you guys think is the most basic spec to do respectable numbers with? I'd just like something easy to grasp to start and then I can move into more complicated specs.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

marhom posted:

GREATER #2 I AM THE KING OF RNG

ELRAR GUIDE MY HAND

Stop hacking the system, Marhom.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Poorly itemized epic lesser? Sure, why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

A Fancy Bloke posted:

So I've been 60 for a couple months now and I've kinda been holding back on endgame stuff because I'm not real confident in my abilities. I used the NB/RS/Tact leveling build and don't feel like I really learned to play beyond that.

What do you guys think is the most basic spec to do respectable numbers with? I'd just like something easy to grasp to start and then I can move into more complicated specs.

61 Marksman

• Locked thread