Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

roboshit posted:

Maybe I’m dumb, but is it legit buying these tickets on Stubhub? Yeah the prices are a bit of a ripoff but I would have bought a couple if it didn’t involve driving 3 hours both ways to Dallas to stand in line all day. I guess I thought the whole point of Trent doing this was so they DIDN’T end up on these sites?

I think Trent put this dog and pony together just to generate demand and stoke the ego a bit. You'll be fine buying off Stubhub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nin tix for friday dropped to $30

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

STONE COLD 64 posted:

nin tix for friday dropped to $30
Whaaaaaaaaat. Not here! I checked earlier and the cheapest ones were like $85 :negative:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I’m getting old. Tonight’s show was too loud.

Lots of unexpected songs on the set list. Good times.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dr Tran posted:

Time to invest in some earplugs, grandpa ;)

What unexpected songs? New or old? I'm curious now!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Time to invest in some earplugs, grandpa ;)

What unexpected songs? New or old? I'm curious now!

Looks like I'm Afraid of Americans, Metal, and I Do Not Want This are the most surprising things they played.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TOOT BOOT posted:

Looks like I'm Afraid of Americans, Metal, and I Do Not Want This are the most surprising things they played.
:stare:

I've seen them play I'm Afraid of Americans before, but the latter 2 are almost never played, at least in the last several years. What the fuuuuuuuuuuuck

e: Yeah, checked setlist.fm and I Do Not Want This hasn't been played since 2009. drat.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jun 14, 2018

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

They added some new dates

Now with EVEN MORE LA but still no PNW shows! :v:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Huh, no other new tracks played. I'm surprised.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dr Tran posted:

it ruled, old man

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Yeah, no Hand That Feeds or Hurt in sight really stands out. No songs from the previous EP either, which seems really weird, considering how recent it is.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

NuclearPotato posted:

Yeah, no Hand That Feeds or Hurt in sight really stands out. No songs from the previous EP either, which seems really weird, considering how recent it is.
Wait really?

Hurt's been the set closer forever. At least as long as I've been seeing them.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Wait really?

Hurt's been the set closer forever. At least as long as I've been seeing them.

I've never liked Hurt that much and am OK with it being left out.

Can somebody post the setlist? I'm at work and they have setlist.fm blocked.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

NuclearPotato posted:

Metal
Me, I'm Not
The Beginning of the End
Survivalism
March of the Pigs
The Lovers
Find My Way
Burn
God Break Down the Door
Letting You
Gave Up
Even Deeper
I Do Not Want This
I'm Afraid of Americans
Less Than
Came Back Haunted
Only
Wish
Head Like a Hole

Talk about a varied setlist, even if it does have a number of staples. I definitely would never call Year Zero having the most songs in a setlist in the year 2018.

Also, I get why TBITE is before Survivalism but it seems weird to open with Metal, to go a slow song, and then finally get to The Beginning is the End. That's a song meant to be an opener.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Can he just retire Gave Up, Wish, and HLAH at this point?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Leon Einstein posted:

It sure would be nice. But for every one of us who would like that, there are 3 people who would be pissed to spend $100+ and not hear them. At least he retired Hurt and Closer (or gave them a break)

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
If old fans of bands got their wish (and this extends far beyond NIN) then concert setlists would be nothing but B-sides.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I don't think it's necessarily all old fans even, plenty of old fans only listen occasionally and don't go every tour and would expect the hits.

An ideal NIN setlist to me which would be hated by 95% of the people who are buying tickets and $10 beers and just want to scream "fist gently caress" and "I wanna gently caress you like an animal"

Happiness in Slavery (with Trent magically getting his early 90s voice back)
Last
Sanctified
Ruiner
Big Man With a Gun
Eraser
The Perfect Drug
Closer to God
Just Like You Imagined
La Mer
The Great Below
The Way Out is Through
10 Miles High
Leaving Hope
All the Love in the World
The Good Soldier
The Warning
Echoplex
Copy of A
Less Than
And All That Could Have Been

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 14, 2018

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Secondary market prices for the two Detroit shows are steadily falling still. Has anyone bit on below-face tickets yet? I can get in the door for $55 and on the main floor for $75 (after StubHub fees)... At this point, I'm content to see if things drop even further as we get closer to the show date.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i'm betting once people start seeing the setlist you'll be able to get some cheap seats.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

Happiness in Slavery (with Trent magically getting his early 90s voice back)
Last
Sanctified
Ruiner
Big Man With a Gun
Eraser
The Perfect Drug
Closer to God
Just Like You Imagined
La Mer
The Great Below
The Way Out is Through
10 Miles High
Leaving Hope
All the Love in the World
The Good Soldier
The Warning
Echoplex
Copy of A
Less Than
And All That Could Have Been
This is a good set list, but we all know there's no way he'll ever play The Perfect Drug. I'm pretty sure he really hates that song.

Why won't he play The Only Time again? That song is by far the best PHM played live.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i could see the way out is through being brought back as an intro to burning bright trent is always a nerd for cool transitions in songs like that.

my favorite transition was a warm place leaking into somewhat damaged during tension

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Nail Rat posted:

Metal
Me, I'm Not
The Beginning of the End
Survivalism
March of the Pigs
The Lovers
Find My Way
Burn
God Break Down the Door
Letting You
Gave Up
Even Deeper
I Do Not Want This
I'm Afraid of Americans
Less Than
Came Back Haunted
Only
Wish
Head Like a Hole

Talk about a varied setlist, even if it does have a number of staples. I definitely would never call Year Zero having the most songs in a setlist in the year 2018.

Also, I get why TBITE is before Survivalism but it seems weird to open with Metal, to go a slow song, and then finally get to The Beginning is the End. That's a song meant to be an opener.
Huh, I'm definitely jealous of that setlist. I dig favoring the older stuff over the newer.

Barry posted:

If old fans of bands got their wish (and this extends far beyond NIN) then concert setlists would be nothing but B-sides.
This is basically exactly the kind of show The Cure played when I saw them 2 years ago. They played 3 shows here over 3 nights and I heard the setlist was different every night. But at the show I went to, there were very few hits. Definitely a different kind of set than I'd seen from them a few years prior.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Leon Einstein posted:

This is a good set list, but we all know there's no way he'll ever play The Perfect Drug. I'm pretty sure he really hates that song.

Why won't he play The Only Time again? That song is by far the best PHM played live.

Yeah I mean it's a dream setlist for an old fan who's seen them 10 times or so. He's also never played leaving hope or and all that could have been, or closer to God for that matter. I still feel like it was a wasted opportunity to not play And All that Could Have Been on Wave Goodbye. But the point is you can't let people like me make the setlists or most people there will be pissed.

quote:

Huh, I'm definitely jealous of that setlist. I dig favoring the older stuff over the newer.

To clarify, I wasn't there and I don't have tickets to any show (though I feel like the odds I'll resist stubhubbing one of the Chicago shows is basically nothing), I just was bored enough at work to pull up setlist.fm :v:

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 15, 2018

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

Yeah I mean it's a dream setlist for an old fan who's seen them 10 times or so. He's also never played leaving hope or and all that could have been, or closer to God for that matter. But the point is you can't let people like me make the setlists or most people there will be pissed.

To clarify, I wasn't there and I don't have tickets to any show (though I feel like the odds I'll resist stubhubbing one of the Chicago shows is basically nothing), I just was bored enough at work to pull up setlist.fm :v:

FYI, he played Closer to God a few times in the 90s.

It just seems to me at this point his fan base is more the hardcore fans that stuck around. It's not like he's snagging the teens these days. Wouldn't hurt to play deep cuts. For the record, that Vegas set list is pretty great with only minor quibbles as a fan that's seen him tons of times.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Leon Einstein posted:

FYI, he played Closer to God a few times in the 90s.

It just seems to me at this point his fan base is more the hardcore fans that stuck around. It's not like he's snagging the teens these days. Wouldn't hurt to play deep cuts. For the record, that Vegas set list is pretty great with only minor quibbles as a fan that's seen him tons of times.

Oh well then gently caress. I only really got into NIN in the early 2000s, sorry. I wish I'd been there in the halcyon days :eng99:

And yeah the Vegas setlist is pretty good. Letting Closer, Hurt, The Hand that Feeds and a couple others rest is a good move. One day he'll do the same for Wish and Gave up...one day.

Edit: while I know he's not bringing in new teen fans, I really think you underestimate the number of older long time fans who won't know much of anything besides the downard spiral, broken, PHM, and maybe singles since then. The 3 sold out Chicago shows constitute 15k tickets, I'm not sure if there's 15k people in Chicago who know what Ghosts or Still are. I mean maybe there are, but they wouldn't want to hear the songs.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 15, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is it Gave Up or Happiness in Slavery that he barely had any input writing?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

precision posted:

Is it Gave Up or Happiness in Slavery that he barely had any input writing?

Never heard that about either. I do know Pigface seemed a little snarky about Trent getting credit on Suck.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was always under the impression that suck was written by albini

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My favorite part about Gave Up is the fact that it was played on 3 guitars on The Gift for absolutely no reason :haw:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i was always under the impression that suck was written by albini

"Suck" is what I was thinking of, and yeah that was written by Pigface/Albini and I believe Reznor/Interscope failed to put that in the liner notes for the first pressings of Broken.

Also the Pigface version is better in every way, even Reznor's vocals are better on that version lmao

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Those songs all own so no. :colbert:

This is basically exactly the kind of show The Cure played when I saw them 2 years ago. They played 3 shows here over 3 nights and I heard the setlist was different every night. But at the show I went to, there were very few hits. Definitely a different kind of set than I'd seen from them a few years prior.

When I saw them at Coachella 14 years ago now the only thing off of the Wish LP they played was From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea. I didn't even recognize it at first and wondered 'why this one? I guess Robert really likes it'. It was never a single or even a potential candidate as far as I know.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Last is way better than Gave Up and Wish combined :colbert:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

precision posted:

Bonus points if it's the weird Butch Vig version that sounds like a hair metal band

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

precision posted:

Agreed, that's why it's on my "dream" setlist and the others aren't :toot:

He played it one of the two nights I saw NIN for Wave Goodbye in Chicago and it was a highlight for me.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
people complaining about "$50+" ticket prices in this thread are hilarious. the two Brooklyn shows added just went on sale. Standing room pit is $245, front ten center rows and front five side rows are $195, front half orchestra seating is $145, back orchestra is $95, balcony is $70 or $50 for some incredibly awful obstructed seats. that's all before Ticketmaster fees of course.

I would like to see Nine Inch Nails some day, I think, but man, not that much. NYC is so hosed, pricing-wise, jesus christ. I can't believe it's gotten this bad over the last five years

also those prices are for the Tuesday show, the Wednesday show at the same venue is $5 more for every ticket :psyduck:

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 15, 2018

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

StubHub has orchestra seating at Radiocity for $140 or so

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

I’m going to the Meltdown show in London and would be absolutely stoked to get that set, particularly The Beginning Is The End and Afraid of Americans. I’m even more excited now.

My only quibble would be the lack of Closer but I know Trent is probably incredibly fuckin’ bored of singing that song; I just still love it and it never gets old to me, particularly the way a new element is added/changed up every 8 bars.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

abraham linksys posted:

people complaining about "$50+" ticket prices in this thread are hilarious.

I would like to see Nine Inch Nails some day, I think, but man, not that much. NYC is so hosed, pricing-wise, jesus christ. I can't believe it's gotten this bad over the last five years
The whole country is. NY sounds worse, definitely, but NIN tickets are at least double what I pay to see a lot of other artists, and that's prohibitively expensive for me right now.

If you're rich, rad. Enjoy the show. I, however, am not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

abraham linksys posted:

people complaining about "$50+" ticket prices in this thread are hilarious. the two Brooklyn shows added just went on sale. Standing room pit is $245, front ten center rows and front five side rows are $195, front half orchestra seating is $145, back orchestra is $95, balcony is $70 or $50 for some incredibly awful obstructed seats. that's all before Ticketmaster fees of course.

also those prices are for the Tuesday show, the Wednesday show at the same venue is $5 more for every ticket :psyduck:

Aragon in Chicago was $100+ and Aragon is just a giant room with horrible sound. You could be barely able to see or hear anything for that $125 after fees!