Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

This is just reminding me to finish planning my design for a Yoku Devil.

I can imagine it now, a Devil fight you can only attack if you yoku jump up to the (Also Yoku) platforms. The Yoku devil blocks don't hurt you physically, they just hurt your soul. It doesn't even attack you really, just gets in the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'm pretty sure I've seen a megaman romhack with a Yoku devil.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Make a big buildup for OH gently caress IT'S A GOD drat YOKU DEVIL and every time the blocks get near you they disappear and you are unharmed and it's actually super easy.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
My original design was for yoku quick laser devil dragon, but iwbtg beat me to the dragon part.

To be serious, I do have a design doc somewhere for a devil boss I'd planned for magmml3, but it would've taken a ton of work and another project had to take priority.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
Challenge for Todays' Video: What Game is this midboss from?

Let's Play Battle Network Rockman & Crystal #6: Zook's Free Falls
(Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, and MR DJB)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

"Eat my big gun" is somehow the best quote to date, and that takes some effort. Zook just keeps surpassing itself, what an amazing game.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Heavy Sigh posted:

Challenge for Todays' Video: What Game is this midboss from?

Let's Play Battle Network Rockman & Crystal #6: Zook's Free Falls

https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_Tutle_Bros.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
And for Today's video: The Sickest of Beats

Mega Man Recharged #6: Reach For The Sounds
(Heavy Sigh, Simply Simon, Combat Lobster, Shinryu and dijondujour)

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I appreciate that the boss requires some rhythm, or at least anticipation, to be able to beat.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

"Sound Man was created as a crowd suppression robot. Not only can he create enormous volumes of high-amplitude sound, but he can absorb that sound back into himself via several built-in microphones and amplify it even further into crushingly-powerful sonic waves. While his abilities can destroy all manner of robots and other rigid structures, they are non-lethal against organic lifeforms (albeit still fully capable of incapacitating them)."

[Anti-Riot Bot here is thankfully already as edgy as this game's Robot Masters get. Don't worry, as for the rest of the story the developer has publicly promised "no permanent character deaths, and no Zero". ]

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
Challenge for Today's Video: What Game Are These Boxes From?

Let's Play Battle Network Rockman & Crystal #7: Zook's Birds

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Carpator Diei posted:

Don't worry, as for the rest of the story the developer has publicly promised "no permanent character deaths, and no Zero".

Oh thank heavens, despite the really good design on display I was really concerned by that opening cutscene.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Oh thank heavens, despite the really good design on display I was really concerned by that opening cutscene.

:same:

I'm only a bit curious about the emphasis on permanent deaths. Maybe the final boss is Undead Wily?

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hey, remember Shield Sheldon? What if that was an actual level for once?

Mega Man Recharged #7: Project Laser
(Heavy Sigh, Simply Simon, Combat Lobster, and Shinryu)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Careful with that weapon, you can't move the turn after you use it.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

"Laser Man was created for the development of intricate scientific tools and parts. He is a master of calculation and precision, and can accurately determine the refraction trajectory of a laser beam against up to 30 surfaces in a row. His focus on precision has unfortunately made him somewhat obsessive-compulsive."

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Carpator Diei posted:

"Laser Man was created for the development of intricate scientific tools and parts. He is a master of calculation and precision, and can accurately determine the refraction trajectory of a laser beam against up to 30 surfaces in a row. His focus on precision has unfortunately made him somewhat obsessive-compulsive."

I worked at a microscopy lab for awhile and I remember one of our people doing some research on bouncing lasers around with mirrors (a common part of biology microscopes) and finding that high-spec, as-near-as-perfect-as-we-can-get mirrors will still degrade the quality of your laser sufficiently after, like, four bounces that your coherency is basically gone.

I'm not a microscopist myself, so maybe I got some of the details on that wrong, but there's no way you're getting to 30. This fangame is scientifically unsound. :colbert:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I worked at a microscopy lab for awhile and I remember one of our people doing some research on bouncing lasers around with mirrors (a common part of biology microscopes) and finding that high-spec, as-near-as-perfect-as-we-can-get mirrors will still degrade the quality of your laser sufficiently after, like, four bounces that your coherency is basically gone.

I'm not a microscopist myself, so maybe I got some of the details on that wrong, but there's no way you're getting to 30. This fangame is scientifically unsound. :colbert:

Obviously, lasers in the Mega Man universe are just robots made of light.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That or they have made better mirrors.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
Challenge for Today's video: What is this miniboss made from?

Let's Play Battle Network Rockman & Crystal #8: Zook's Stone
(Heavy Sigh, dijondujour, and Simply Simon)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That would be Truck Joe from MM7 stuck onto the bottom half of Tunnel Rhino's miniboss from MMX3. I can't identify if the helmet and bazooka are from anywhere in particular but the helmet looks like a very simple edit of Truck Joe's head.

That said, they've obviously put some effort into shrinking Truck Joe down, just sticking the two together doesn't fit quite right.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I wish I could place those mole enemies.

vvv thank you!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 10, 2019

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

They're based on the triceratops things from Wheel Gator's stage.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
And now, for the final level, a symphony of Steel and Flame.

Mega Man Recharged #8: Chain Man Run
(Heavy Sigh, Simply Simon, Combat Lobster, and Shinryu)

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

"Chain Man was designed for heavy-duty mechanical repair and maintenance. His chain-like arms and legs have the dexterity allowing him to perform work deep inside large machines, but also possess the strength needed to move heavy parts. He can also extend his head on a chain if he needs a closer look inside the machines he works on."

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So the letters spell GRACE as far as I can tell. I have no idea what to take from that.

Also I just love the spritework in this game. Even beyond how good Chain Man looked, the different portraits and sprites used for specific things (Mega Man's shrug and angry fist) were superb in showing detail a sprite game would usually ignore. Very good job!

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

So the letters spell GRACE as far as I can tell. I have no idea what to take from that.

Megaman wants to tell us about the one and only Robot Master and our lord and savior, JesusMan

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also I just love the spritework in this game. Even beyond how good Chain Man looked, the different portraits and sprites used for specific things (Mega Man's shrug and angry fist) were superb in showing detail a sprite game would usually ignore. Very good job!

You can see the order they're in from the save screen in video #7, based on that and that there's a stage with no pickup so far, I'm pretty sure they spell out CHARGE

Edit- CHARGE, Recharged. Of course. I feel dumb now. :cripes:

Cirina fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 11, 2019

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Eopia posted:

You can see the order they're in from the save screen in video #7, based on that and that there's a stage with no pickup so far, I'm pretty sure they spell out CHARGE

Oh, that makes a lot more sense than GRACE.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh, that makes a lot more sense than GRACE.

Wait, you were serious?

The level looked a bit too long, but the ideas are good. The boss was great. Simon's right, the sprite work in this game is fantastic.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
Challenge for today's video: What game is the shipwreck in this screenshot from?

Let's Play Battle Network Rockman & Crystal #9: Zook Diver
(Heavy Sigh, Simply Simon and dijondujour)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't stop laughing at Zook getting hit and missing the submarine. That was amazing.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The submarine is very definitely an edit of the submarine from In The Hunt, so the shipwreck's probably from In The Hunt too.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Probably worth mentioning that a new version of Mega Man Maker, the Mega-Man-fangame-making engine, has recently been released. Including, of course, the most important ingredient:
[timg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2w0fKWXgAMxskR.png][/timg]
[timg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2w0fiVX4AEEfbP.png][/timg]
[timg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2w0gAMW0AE6-__.png][/timg]
[timg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2w0ge8X4AA0Abg.png][/timg]

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Man, I haven't used Mega Man Maker since... version 1.0.3, apparently. Looks like it got loving awesome while I wasn't looking, with weapon capsules and cool weapons and lots more available bosses and whatnot. I'm definitely going to get cracking on making something with this now.

Edit: Oh this isn't the Mega Man thread, that's what I get for posting while tired

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

KennyMan666 posted:

Edit: Oh this isn't the Mega Man thread, that's what I get for posting while tired

Well of course, this is the Zook~ thread.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Where is Zook Maker?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

corn in the bible posted:

Where is Zook Maker?
Somewhere in China.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
Oh sorry you guys, I forgot to post my cleanup video for Mega Man Recharged...

...ALSO THE WILY FORTRESS!

Mega Man Recharged #9: Wily Fortress
(Heavy Sigh, Simply Simon, shinryu, and Combat Lobster)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Heavy Sigh posted:

Oh sorry you guys, I forgot to post my cleanup video for Mega Man Recharged...

...ALSO THE WILY FORTRESS!

Mega Man Recharged #9: Wily Fortress
(Heavy Sigh, Simply Simon, shinryu, and Combat Lobster)

That looks like the best Wily Fortress ever.