Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Confirmation via Dulfy: "You will get this pet in your ingame mail on Tuesday, April 18. "

Also a couple of bits about what's coming next.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Turbl posted:

SWCANTINA17 gives a new Korrealis mount.

Quoting this for new page, can't have enough Korrealis mounts!

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Quoting this for new page, can't have enough Korrealis mounts!

Or emails on new characters!

Wonder if the new patch will fix the insta-complete Nar Shaddaa heroic missions on the pub side...I've made about 150 levels on my Shadow just spending five minutes a day doing that and Coruscant.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Wonder if the new patch will fix the insta-complete Nar Shaddaa heroic missions on the pub side...I've made about 150 levels on my Shadow just spending five minutes a day doing that and Coruscant.

Hahaha I keep forgetting about that.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

How are they insta-complete? I remember doing a couple but don't recall them in any detail.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

PST posted:

How are they insta-complete? I remember doing a couple but don't recall them in any detail.

End game Galactic Command only. You select a planet/daily area and do x number of missions then get a bonus when complete. On the pub side for Nar Shaddaa the bonus part auto completes when you accept without doing the missions.

You can do this once a day. It was supposedly to be fixed in 5.1 and the pre-release 5.2 patch notes make no mention of it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

End game Galactic Command only. You select a planet/daily area and do x number of missions then get a bonus when complete. On the pub side for Nar Shaddaa the bonus part auto completes when you accept without doing the missions.

You can do this once a day. It was supposedly to be fixed in 5.1 and the pre-release 5.2 patch notes make no mention of it.

I think you have to have done them at least once in order for them to auto-complete. I tried it yesterday and all but three of my characters were given the dailies instead of auto-complete, and I *believe* those are the 3 I've done the NS heroics on since 5.0 dropped for conquest.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
While we have it in guns to an extent, I feel we also could use a vibroblade that has a big spinning turbine thing embedded in the blade for no real reason.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

This sounds like a decent source of free money. I guess the character has to be up to KOTFE?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

No, just level 70 and republic. I think you have to do them manually once first for them to auto complete.

And you don't get the rewards for the Heroics themselves, just the command XP for doing the planet.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
So just got into this game on another server and kind of curious if it's possible to Solo or (at minimum) 2 man the old Ops content?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Malek posted:

So just got into this game on another server and kind of curious if it's possible to Solo or (at minimum) 2 man the old Ops content?

No. Beginning in 4.0 (2015) all Operations are scaled to 70. So you MIGHT be able to underman EV/KP story mode, but I wouldn't try it with less than 6-7 unless you're extremely well geared

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005
I've only been playing this game for a 3 months now, but I just learned something that people who are completely new to this game could find helpful. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Crafting:
The patch notes in the OP talk about changes, etc.... but apparently, a while back they changed crafting so that crafting bonuses associated with companions no longer matter. Their skill at gathering/crafting is entirely dependent on how much they like you and nothing else. So if you see a bunch of guides saying companion X has a +5% critical success chance in goat-weaving, ignore it. Just send whoever likes you the most.

This simplifies things a lot. You can just create a character with the crafting skill you want and the 2 associated gathering skills required to make things with it.

Or you can be an rear end in a top hat like me and spend a few hours planning out alts and picking weird combinations of class skills that make no sense 100 hours in. Its a free country.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, they nuked all character uniqueness a while back so no crafting bonuses, no more special skills like HKs execute etc. The only thing that still matters to them is their specific gift likes and dislikes for getting rep up.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

And what a relief that was. No more reason to dig out Quinn or Skurge at all. Hurrah! If only they'd do a patch modifying story mode, so you don't even have to take them on, or can kill them. Yeah, that'll happen :(

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Should I still be GTNing Grand Chance Cubes? Seems like they're not worth much now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuzz posted:

Should I still be GTNing Grand Chance Cubes? Seems like they're not worth much now.

It's up to you. Look at GTN, if they're 500k and higher, sell. Otherwise hold, or if you really like gambling open them

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Hello new friends, my meatspace bros are dragging me back into this game and I remember precisely none of it. I'm leaning towards imperial agent as my do-over class since they're the least boring looking empire option, so I'm glad to see people like their story.

I have two dumb questions I didn't see answered in the OP: are advanced classes a permanent choice, or do you have access to both? And if you have access to both, do any base classes offer both support roles as advanced options? Like a healer/tank fusion, rather than a dps off spec. I don't love mmo dps, and in more traditional trinity games I usually roll the thing like Paladin that lets you play all three roles... but from what I'm seeing everything seems to be either/or.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Heal and tank classes have a DPS spec, but you can't do both at once.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Right, that much is obvious. I'm asking if you can respec between heal/tank and dps as needed, and if any classes have both heal and tank. But I'm guessing that's a yes and a no respectively, based on the way you phrased that

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Right, that much is obvious. I'm asking if you can respec between heal/tank and dps as needed, and if any classes have both heal and tank. But I'm guessing that's a yes and a no respectively, based on the way you phrased that

You cannot change your advanced class - it's now assigned at level 1. You can change your discipline though. But there are no classes that offer a heal AND tank discipline.

Basically, your discipline options are -

Marauder & Sniper - 3 DPS trees only
Juggernaut, Powertech, and Assassin - 2 DPS or Tank
Sorcerer, Operative and Mercenary - 2 DPS or Heals

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Medullah posted:

You cannot change your advanced class - it's now assigned at level 1. You can change your discipline though. But there are no classes that offer a heal AND tank discipline.

Basically, your discipline options are -

Marauder & Sniper - 3 DPS trees only
Juggernaut, Powertech, and Assassin - 2 DPS or Tank
Sorcerer, Operative and Mercenary - 2 DPS or Heals

Ah, I see. That's the bit I was missing. Thanks!

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

How come when I use laceration the collateral strike stun also hits me now? Is this a new bug because I feel like I probably shouldn't be hitting myself.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Turbl posted:

How come when I use laceration the collateral strike stun also hits me now? Is this a new bug because I feel like I probably shouldn't be hitting myself.

Huh? Collateral Strike doesn't have a stun component, it's just additional damage. There's no bugs associated with it that I know of unless it was introduced today. Are you sure you didn't just get stunned by something else?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Iokath is live, pretty fun so far with a few story missions leading in to the dailies. I managed to max out my weekly Imp rep before I'd finished my second daily mission though as so many trash mobs have been dropping Imp rep tokens (even prior to me picking to support the Empire).

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Are class story spoilers still a thing? Either way, my Inquisitor just got to Hoth and Talos is a gigantic dweeb but I was thrilled when he joined me. Wish I could put a pith helmet on him.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Medullah posted:

Huh? Collateral Strike doesn't have a stun component, it's just additional damage. There's no bugs associated with it that I know of unless it was introduced today. Are you sure you didn't just get stunned by something else?

It's the "additionally stuns standard mobs" part. It looks like it's not actually stunning me but it does a stun animation and it makes it feel weird. It only happens when the stun actually works on the mob. It never happens on the silver/gold mobs since they aren't affected and it doesn't work when the mob is already stunned. I guess new bug then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf4Z_jUPfZM

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Turbl posted:

It's the "additionally stuns standard mobs" part. It looks like it's not actually stunning me but it does a stun animation and it makes it feel weird. It only happens when the stun actually works on the mob. It never happens on the silver/gold mobs since they aren't affected and it doesn't work when the mob is already stunned. I guess new bug then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf4Z_jUPfZM

Had completely forgotten about that, usually my Lacerate/Collateral Strike one shots weak mobs. I just ran through CZ-198 and had no issues. I wonder if the water you're standing in shocks you or something?

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Medullah posted:

Had completely forgotten about that, usually my Lacerate/Collateral Strike one shots weak mobs. I just ran through CZ-198 and had no issues. I wonder if the water you're standing in shocks you or something?

It was happening out of the water too. I'll have to try it on my other operative, maybe my character is just bugged somehow.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Turbl posted:

It was happening out of the water too. I'll have to try it on my other operative, maybe my character is just bugged somehow.

Those droids have a damage shield when you attack them with melee attacks. That's probably what it was.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

But there are no classes that offer a heal AND tank discipline.

Sorc did in 4.0.

*sheds a single tear*

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So I think the new daily/mission on Iokath where you play the Monolith is my favorite right now.

People don't notice they have an ability called "steal power core", I just stood by the clicky and people brought me power cores one at a time. Laughing so hard.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
They definitely tuned up the Operations and FP's. Looks like the SoR FP's are pug killers again.

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005
So I've finally started playing around with crafting. I don't have much experience with MMOs, but it seems terrible. Its like a simulation of some kind of micromanaging boss.

If they're keen on keeping the system, why not have a button that assigns a companion to gather material x (or craft Y) until you say stop or run out of money/materials?

I am seriously considering using a bot.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

They definitely tuned up the Operations and FP's. Looks like the SoR FP's are pug killers again.

Rumor has it bolster is broken

BigRoman posted:

So I've finally started playing around with crafting. I don't have much experience with MMOs, but it seems terrible. Its like a simulation of some kind of micromanaging boss.

If they're keen on keeping the system, why not have a button that assigns a companion to gather material x (or craft Y) until you say stop or run out of money/materials?

I am seriously considering using a bot.

There needs to be a level of monotony and micromanagement for crafting so that there is some incentive for crafting. If it were as simple as a 1 click process, everyone would do it and there would be no reason to sell items from crafting.

If it makes​ you feel any better, crafting in SWTOR is incredibly basic and simple chunk compared to a lot of other MMORPGs. It's even 100% easier than it was at launch, where you had to waste a bunch of mats trying to learn advanced​ schematics.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Rumor has it bolster is broken

It's definitely broken in Veteran FP's as in doesn't work at all so if you get someone below 70 you're screwed.

I was doing HM Ops last night where there is no Bolster and it was mostly a feeling of "I've done this a thousand times and something is different." Had a KP HM group nearly implode because we hit the enrage on Karagga twice. As a healer already halfway to full 248's I was having to do real work during Master FP's as well.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'd actually be 100% fine with them making HM EV/KP difficult again. Otherwise it's going to be 4.0 all over again, chain running them to gear up since they're simple and no one likes a challenge

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I hope it's just broken bolster, and that it will be fixed, because this game really needs to decide if it's a face roll single player game or a difficult group game. Trying to do both (on story difficulty at least, where you're encouraged to do it with randos) is frustrating as heck.

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

There needs to be a level of monotony and micromanagement for crafting so that there is some incentive for crafting. If it were as simple as a 1 click process, everyone would do it and there would be no reason to sell items from crafting.

If it makes​ you feel any better, crafting in SWTOR is incredibly basic and simple chunk compared to a lot of other MMORPGs. It's even 100% easier than it was at launch, where you had to waste a bunch of mats trying to learn advanced​ schematics.

I suppose you're right. But off the top of my head, I imagine it would be more fun if you only got mats from harvesting in the world. Yes, this could obviously lead to scarcity/farming, but it would give an incentive to explore the map (at least until guides are made) and use parts you never utilize as you beeline from quest to quest.

As an example, I would go through the hell that was the Makeb holocron jump puzzle again and often if it meant a crate of mats or a cave full of crystals you can harvest in game at the end. It would feel like I was actually involved in the process rather than just having a bunch of people interrupt me while I do more fun and important stuff.

I mean after KotFE, I have 600 companions just lazing around my base. You know I'm trying to work on synthweaving, take some initiative and grab some stuff on your own!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Scav is crazy stupid easy to raise. It's like "Do any random instance, gather from the roughly 8 million elite robots any given instance will have, you just gained a hundred points in scav". It's so easy I feel like you should pick scav and then instantly get it at max level. Why pretend that it isn't happening?

• Locked thread