Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Alxprit posted:

Arc was the first White Mage we could get without it being tied to an event, and he was a true godsend. Before then, I think most teams did use White Mage if they couldn't get Aerith or Lenna, because in general the stats of your healer don't matter nearly as much as the rest of your team.

Arc was great because his default SB was MASS SHELL. So you could have him bring Protectga as an ability and you were fully covered.

Arbitrary Number posted:

I started a bit before ssbs were introduced and I used white mage for a while because of her medica. I think I stopped because she was made of paper. Mog was recommended because he was the tankiest healer and the best healing spell was the 4* curaja.

And yeah, Mog was great for like five minutes before he stopped getting useful SB's and Curaja stopped being good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The RoP for this festival won't have SSBs in it :woop:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

The RoP for this festival won't have SSBs in it :woop:
where you getting that?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Nihilarian posted:

where you getting that?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm ready

for all the materia relics

for all the characters that have nothing else.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I need materia relics. I crave them

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm ready

Somehow despite RoP you will walk out with 15 Fran LMR.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Somehow despite RoP you will walk out with 15 Fran LMR1.
Fixed that for you. Fran LMR2 (quickcast 3 at battle start) is actually okay.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Somehow despite RoP you will walk out with 15 Fran LMR.

A Frantastic result.

Weird that they don't mention glints, I assumed those would also be on the list as '5* stuff that isn't 99% outdated garbage'.

Anyway I'm ready for this, and then outside of like one pull in the fest maybe, whatever luckies we are getting, and a pull on the ridiculous Gau banner it's saving up for AASB town.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Glints are implied to be BSB+.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

The next JP event is IX and there's some stuff in it! Everything new's on banner 1; that's Garnet AOSB, Glint and LMR3, Amarant USB2 and Glint, Vivi USB3 and LMR3, and Steiner USB2.

Banner 1 posted:

Garnet's Empyrean Rod [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Lightning summon magic attacks
Beatrix's Saintbringer [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Holy ranged physical attacks & single-target Holy Overflow ranged physical attack

Vivi's Cloud Staff [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Ice/Water/Lightning/NE magic attacks, Quick Cast & EX "Black Mage" to user
EX "Black Mage": After using Black Magic abilities, MAG +30~50%% and chases with 6 single-target Ice/Water/Lightning/NE magic attacks; Chases with 10 single-target Ice/Water/Lightning/NE magic attacks when status is removed
Steiner's Falchion [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Fire/Lightning/Ice/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast 1 to party, Pluto Tri-Strike to user
Pluto Tri-Strike: When exploiting weakness, Minor Fire/Lightning/Ice Buff (Damage +10%, cumulable) & chases with 6 single-target Fire/Lightning/Ice/NE physical attacks
Amarant's Duel Claws [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Fire/Lightning/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, Imperil Fire & Lightning, High Quick Monk 2 to user

Garnet's Guise [CSB, +10 MAG] - Activates Lightning Limit Chain (150) & 50% Lightning Field, MAG +50% to party
Steiner's Sun Blade [CSB, +10 ATK] - Activates IX Limit Chain (150) & 50% IX Field, ATK & MAG +30% and Haste to party

Garnet's Lambent Hat [Glint, +10 MAG] - 6 single-target Lightning/NE summon magic attacks, Instant Cast, High Quick Cast 2 to user
Amarant's Kaiser Knuckles [Glint, +10 ATK] - En-Fire, En-Fire Stack & Critical Chance +100% for 2 turns to user, Instant Cast

Garnet's Faerie Tail [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Lightning for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Vivi's Gloves [LMR, +10 MAG] - Black Magic Damage +25% with Rod equipped
Steiner's Blood Sword [LMR, +10 ATK] - Spellblade Damage +25% with Sword equipped
Amarant's Judo Uniform [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Monk abilities
Beatrix's Minerva's Plate [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Holy for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Banner 2 posted:

Zidane's Ozma's Splinter [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Wind Overflow physical attacks
Kuja's Millennium Rod [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Dark Overflow magic attacks

Zidane's The Tower [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, En-Wind, Thief Ability Boost & Thievery to user
Kuja's Misty Rod [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Dark magic attacks, 30s Doom to party, En-Dark, MAG & RES +30% and Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Dark abilities
Level 0: Single-target Dark magic attack
Level 1~2: Single-target Dark Overflow magic attack
Level 3: Single-target Dark Overflow magic attack, 40% Reraise to user

Eiko's Angel Flute [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Holy/Wind summon magic attacks, Summon's Cure & Brave Mode to user
Summon's Cure: After using Summoning abilities, grants h25 heal to party
Condition: Use Summoning abilities
Level 0: Single-target Holy/Wind summon magic attack
Level 1: Single-target Holy/Wind Overflow summon magic attack
Level 2: Single-target Holy/Wind Overflow summon magic attack
Level 3: Single-target Holy/Wind Overflow summon magic attack, Smart Summoning Ether 2 to user

Eiko's Trance Guise [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & Critical Chance +50% to party, Instant Cast, Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use White Magic abilities
Level 0: Single-target h25 heal, Instant Cast
Level 1: h25 heal to party, Instant Cast
Level 2: h55 heal to party, Instant Cast
Level 3: h55 heal & 2000 HP Stock to party, Instant Cast

Amarant's Tiger Fangs [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, En-Fire, 75% Fire Radiant Shield to party

Zidane's Navy Gilet [Glint, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, En-Wind & En-Wind Stack to user
Kuja's Treno's Noble Hat [Glint, +10 MAG] - En-Dark, En-Dark Stack, Guts & High Quick Magic 1 to user, Instant Cast
Eiko's Gaia Gear [Glint, +10 MND] - Physical Blink 1 & Haste to party, Instant Cast

Kuja's Chosen of Treno [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Eiko's Siren's Flute [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Summoning abilities
Eiko's Guise [LMR, +10 MND] - 25% chance to Dualcast White Magic abilities
Amarant's Suit [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Monk abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1
*Vivi USB3's increment is 30>34>38>42>46>50. Dualcasting & Chase counts.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 9, 2018

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

:getin:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
JP Report finally came out, too.

quote:

(Dec. 7) FFIX
- Event focused on Garnet & Steiner, also featuring Vivi & Amarant
- Full Open event, revenge dungeon is Freya USB event

(Dec. 13) Crystal Tower
- Bosses are Abductor (V), Zalera (T), Dreadnought (XIII) & powered-up Vossler (XII)

(Dec. 14) FFIII (14 December)
- Event focused on Ingus, also featuring Onion Knight, Arc & Cloud of Darkness
- Full Open event, revenge dungeon is Aria event

(Dec. 19) Record Dungeon Update
- 2nd half of Act 2 Chapter 1
- FFX, Tidus' memories of Jecht
- FFIV, Yang's
- Act 1 Chapter 2's Clear rewards will be buffed, players who have already cleared will automatically receive the bonus rewards

(Dec. 20) Boundless Ruins
- Includes all Boundless bosses released so far

(Dec. 21) Hoshi no Dragon Quest Collaboration
- Details will be revealed in the livestream

(Dec. 28) Torment Ability Update (28 December)
- 6* Dragoon, Impulse Dive: 6 single-target Lightning jump attacks, 3.50s air time (Lightning, Earth, Wind)
- 6* Monk, Ironfist Frost: 5 single-target Ice physical attacks, multiplier increases with each use (Ice, NE, Earth)

Upcoming Updates & Campaigns

1) Sacred Weapons
- Elemental weapons will be added on 14th December (these are all-realm single element boosts as opposed to the first batch of Sacred Weapons which are realm-synergy boosting every damage type)

2) Magicite Dungeon
- New update on 18th December

3) Record Laboratory
- Arriving on 18th December
- A mysterious facility in the History Institute where memories of Heroes are researched
- They have deep pride in results of their Soul Break & Legend Materia development

4) 5th Series Happy Relic Draw
- 17 banners starting from 11th December
- 5 mythrils, 3-pull, BSB+ relic pool

5) 1/2 DU Stamina
- From 21 December to 14 January

6) Daily Dungeon Full Open & Double Gysahl Greens
- From 21 December to 7 January

7) Daily Twitter Stamina Refresh
- From 21 December to 7 January
- Resets on 5am JST

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Hogama posted:

2) Magicite Dungeon
- New update on 18th December

3) Record Laboratory
- Arriving on 18th December
- A mysterious facility in the History Institute where memories of Heroes are researched
- They have deep pride in results of their Soul Break & Legend Materia development

hmm...what

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Finally after weeks the daily draw gave me a 5*! Can't wait to see what it is...

Fire Fang dagger from VII. No materia or SB. I've had one LMR and one unique SB since this started, and 2 dupe 6*s. :smith:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
That is a +fire dagger. Ive been playing since 2015 and I only have like 2 +fire melee weapons designed for melee users and I pull on anything I can when I have mythril.

Im not saying its incredible, but I would like your dagger.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

These are one-time pulls right? So I only need 85 in total to cover this?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Ugato posted:

These are one-time pulls right? So I only need 85 in total to cover this?

Yup.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Indecisive posted:

hmm...what

Poison Element magicite maybe?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Blue Mages will specialize in poison damage

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Make blue magic a hybrid school so Gilgamesh, Quina, and Kimahri won't suck at it. (Greg actually has rod access and a relatively decent magic stat iirc, not sure about the other two)

E: Actually, what characters would make sense as blue mages besides the obvious ones?

I: Maybe a Mobius character?
IV: I could see a case being made for Rubicante/Barbariccia/hypothetical playable versions of the other fiends
V: The main cast has enough skill bloat as is, Gilgamesh (and a playable Enkidu) would be enough
VI: If you're not restricted to just Strago, Gau and Relm both make compelling cases
VII: I think it'd be cool to make Red XIII a blue mage
XIII: Serah/Noel, because Pokemon
Tactics: There's definitely options here, but none of the current playables really fit
Beyond: Lann/Reynn, see XIII
VIII, IX, X: Quistis, Quina, and Kimahri have that poo poo on lock
II, III, XI, XII, XIV, XV, Type 0: ???

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 6, 2018

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Make blue magic a hybrid school so Gilgamesh, Quina, and Kimahri won't suck at it. (Greg actually has rod access and a relatively decent magic stat iirc, not sure about the other two)

Quina has rod and staff access and most of their equipment has a splash of magic to help the BLK3 access they inexplicably have.

Kimahri sucking at Blue Magic would just be game-appropriate.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

EDIT: Quote is not edit.

Cattail Prophet posted:

E: Actually, what characters would make sense as blue mages besides the obvious ones?

Well, Blue Magic was introduced in V so any justification they could come up with before that would just kind of be :shrug:. Red XIII was very likely the Enemy Skill Blue Magic representative from the beginning for FF7, given that one of his SBs is Trine and he had the same "we don't know what the gently caress we're doing" problem that Quistis/Quina/Kimahri had. 12, 13, 15 and T0 don't really have BLU representation (though I could totally see your argument for giving it to Noel, who is equally confused) and they'd probably introduce BLU to FFT with Luso, if they added it there at all. (Marche has already gone the Doubleking Route, alas.) FF11 would probably just give you the BLU questgiver, and FF14 would likely either do the same when it comes out, or have a reveal in-game that one of the scions that is still alive is secretly a Badass Blue Mage. Probably Thancred.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yuna, Rikku and/or Payne could qualify via gun mage.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

KataraniSword posted:

FF11 would probably just give you the BLU questgiver

Raubahn (XI) and Raubahn (XIV) (Oh come on he's getting added eventually) being entirely different people would be entertaining, although confusing for some no doubt.

Not convinced the XI one is prominent enough to warrant a slot over people like Lilith, Arciela and others.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Gau has a curiously high (for a character who literally only has Combat and Celerity) MAG score of 172 at 99. The usual "pure fighter" MAG score tops at roughly 149 MAG.

(Also, the Gogos would be decent choices if they did add the school, even if that would give VI three Blue Mages.)

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Raubahn (XI) and Raubahn (XIV) (Oh come on he's getting added eventually) being entirely different people would be entertaining, although confusing for some no doubt.

Not as confusing as Cid, Cid, Cid, Cid Raines and TGC.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That reminds me, I wonder what they're going to do with Yda once they get around to adding Stormblood stuff.

Hopefully that's when we get our first spellblade (Alisaie) and samurai (Gosetsu and/or Hien) for the realm.

And I'm still holding out hope for a Warrior of Light (XIV) character.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fister Roboto posted:

And I'm still holding out hope for a Warrior of Light (XIV) character.

How does that work? Heavy, Dragoon, Samurai, Monk and Darkness 5 to match the expansion trailers?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

How does that work? Heavy, Dragoon, Samurai, Monk and Darkness 5 to match the expansion trailers?

I mean, that's no more busted than Gilgamesh's kit. Hell, it's basically on par with Cloud, given that Dragoon doesn't synergize too well with the rest of the skillsets.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Also Bard 5 and Sharpshooter 5, he's holding a bow at the start of the newest one

edit: bow

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 6, 2018

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Cutscene Warrior of Light actually started as an Archer in 1.0!

The Shadowbringers teaser trailer basically runs him through all of his cinematic jobs (including clips from said cinematics).

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

In my mind, they'd have a special equipment slot for a job stone that would determine their skill set and stats.

Or just say gently caress it and give them omni 5* access like Tyro.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Does Gogo VI have omni-access? I feel like he probably should.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Does Gogo VI have omni-access? I feel like he probably should.

Nope. Combat 5, Black Magic 5. I forget if they have White Magic 5 too like Gogo V does.

It's a gimped version of the Onion Knight kit.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Black/White/Combat on Gogo (VI)

Black/White/Bard on Gogo (V).

It sort of sucks VI didn't even get any physical school with elemental damage, he sort of ends up really only useful as a mage or healer. He gets earth boosting gear in the next VI event, but his USB Brave Mode only builds off Combat or BLK anyways so he just ends up best as a mage, even if he gets Knight/Ninja/Heavy/Monk later.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 7, 2018

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

pichupal posted:

Black/White/Combat on Gogo (VI)

Black/White/Bard on Gogo (V).

It sort of sucks VI didn't even get any physical school with elemental damage, he sort of ends up really only useful as a mage or healer. He gets earth boosting gear in the next VI event, but his USB Brave Mode only builds off Combat or BLK anyways so he just ends up best as a mage, even if he gets Knight/Ninja/Heavy/Monk later.

Having a good earth mage to buddy up with Leo is nice, at least, and Sabin/Shadow have no problems off-elementing Earth if you need it. FF6 spent quite a bit of time being "the fire realm" since Terra and Locke got all the toys (and Sabin and Cyan existed too), so splashing into other elements is nice to have.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Realms on Parade Time!

0 - Seven BSB

:confuoot:

I can at least finally field a full Type-0 team even if it's sorta bad (Ace SSB + Blink LMR, Nine SSB/BSB, Seven BSB, Cinque SSB, Deuce BSB). It's a weird team with double Medica, double debuffs and Nine who is either subpar Wind DPS or a Torment slot saver.

I was really hoping for any of the USBs or at least Sice BSB for some doom shenanigans, but at least Seven BSB comes on an ice+ armor - always nice to have extras.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm ready

Only 1 materia relic on this pull I'm off to a great start!

I should probably pull on the realm banner this was my first Type-0 relic lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Off to a good start with Queen USB. Excellent, I needed a buddy to go with Kain and Lightning for my lightning-element stuff.