Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

if you can believe it, the posting is much worse than when you left

You didn't have to provide him with an example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Antillie posted:

This actually sorta keeps me from coming back. I would be a total noob with 136 million SP and a few billion ISK. I guess the lossmails would be hilarious though. I'm also not sure I could get into goons since I got my first taste of goondome in Karmafeet back in 2015 and then joined SA after that since I genuinely liked the people. (Well, most of them.) Then real life poo poo happened (had a kid, wife got cancer) and I had to quit Eve just before Fozzie sov came out.

So much seems different, outposts gone, carriers totally different, T2 capital guns, WTF are Force Axillaries....precursor ships, probably more crap I don't know about.... yeah... it doesn't seem like the same game.

The more the game change, the more it stays the same. It's like riding a bicycle. If you knew how to spin your ship in station, how to press F1 or how to talk over an FC during a critical phase of a stratop, it'll come back to you pretty quick.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Kitfox88 posted:

So when these halloweenie accelerators expire on the 27th does that just mean you can't consume them anymore, or does it also cut off any that have effects currently on?

just cannot consume, so pop your extendeds on 25/26th.

Make sure you have biology 4 or 5.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

FranktheBank posted:

just cannot consume, so pop your extendeds on 25/26th.

Make sure you have biology 4 or 5.

Thanks chief

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
A bunch of my dudes have small amounts of skillpoints unallocated. What got deleted? (it's not the learning skills from eighty years ago)

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
T3 cruisers all got a subsystem class removed and the rest reworked?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Deuce posted:

A bunch of my dudes have small amounts of skillpoints unallocated. What got deleted? (it's not the learning skills from eighty years ago)

They gave out some free SP for server outages here and there, I think.

Free SP isn't really that special any more, since you can just magick up a knot of it any time by eating a skill injector.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Antillie posted:

This actually sorta keeps me from coming back. I would be a total noob with 136 million SP and a few billion ISK. I guess the lossmails would be hilarious though. I'm also not sure I could get into goons since I got my first taste of goondome in Karmafeet back in 2015 and then joined SA after that since I genuinely liked the people. (Well, most of them.) Then real life poo poo happened (had a kid, wife got cancer) and I had to quit Eve just before Fozzie sov came out.

So much seems different, outposts gone, carriers totally different, T2 capital guns, WTF are Force Axillaries....precursor ships, probably more crap I don't know about.... yeah... it doesn't seem like the same game.

:shrug:
I stopped playing in like 2009 and the game felt pretty much exactly the same when I got back in. There's some tweaks here and there, but I found it all very familiar.

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

Rutibex posted:

:shrug:
I stopped playing in like 2009 and the game felt pretty much exactly the same when I got back in. There's some tweaks here and there, but I found it all very familiar.

Yeah I went ahead and logged in. Stations sure look different. And holy crap they installed windows in stations. Turns out I got 2 months worth of plex on my account from somewhere. Dunno how that happened, but I'm not gonna complain. Dunno if I'm gonna stick around and play or what the hell I can/should do if I do play. Maybe dick around in L4's for a bit to get my bearings, I dunno. Whats it like down in Delve? Anything to shoot at? I do sorta miss the random defense fleets in JU-OWQ.

Antillie fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 7, 2018

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Antillie posted:

Yeah I went ahead and logged in. Stations sure look different. And holy crap they installed windows in stations. Turns out I got 2 months worth of plex on my account from somewhere. Dunno how that happened, but I'm not gonna complain. Dunno if I'm gonna stick around and play or what the hell I can/should do if I do play. Maybe dick around in L4's for a bit to get my bearings, I dunno. Whats it like down in Delve? Anything to shoot at? I do sorta miss the random defense fleets in JU-OWQ.

We were hunting streamers on Friday night and made one switch to league of legends after pinning him in a deadend system so

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

For returning members, the registering a charcter thing is timing out. I've sent an email anyway, would like to rejoin

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Rust Martialis posted:

And then having to listen to Kesper make puns about bubbles til you burn 100km to get out

Yup. Everyone burns back to Pungate.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Funso Banjo posted:

For returning members, the registering a charcter thing is timing out. I've sent an email anyway, would like to rejoin

You can't register characters at https://esi.goonfleet.com That's not normal.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Antillie posted:

Join Pathfinders and explore the Galaxy then get sweet bounties for hooking an fc up with a sweet wormhole

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

Pomp posted:

Join Pathfinders and explore the Galaxy then get sweet bounties for hooking an fc up with a sweet wormhole

I have never done anything with wormholes. I don't think I've even entered one, like ever. But I have reasonable scanning skills and I recall cov ops frigates being rather cheap. gently caress it, I might as well try and join up again. The worst they can do is tell me to gently caress off due me not being an active poster for a while (work got really busy for a long time with projects and crap). poo poo now I'm all worried about it, I guess I may as well find out...

Antillie fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 7, 2018

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We're currently living out of a hole, but it's a temporary training thing. Just roaming through WH systems isn't much different from K space life, you just have to be now careful and bouncing off celestials and hitting d scan before warping to a hole.

I guess you gotta make sure the holes aren't EOL or crit either

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Or just use a bubble nullified covert ops T3 cruiser and fly around the holes with complete impunity :getin:

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

Rutibex posted:

Or just use a bubble nullified covert ops T3 cruiser and fly around the holes with complete impunity :getin:

I have thought about doing this. Are there opportunities to run data/relic sites without getting killed by sleepers? If so is it any different that doing it in null?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Antillie posted:

I have thought about doing this. Are there opportunities to run data/relic sites without getting killed by sleepers? If so is it any different that doing it in null?

Apparently the Loki is the darling child for this thanks to having a spare highslot for a salvager

I heard that you can solo up to C3's in one but im not sure how pimpfit that is nor how accurate it is

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Apparently the Loki is the darling child for this thanks to having a spare highslot for a salvager

Thats noob thinking. Galaxy brain: Proteus with Drone Synthesis Projector and 5 salvage drones

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rutibex posted:

Thats noob thinking. Galaxy brain: Proteus with Drone Synthesis Projector and 5 salvage drones

Salvage drones are garbage. Proteus is garbage.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So I see CCP decided to add in player-placed stargates, but only gave them the range of a jump bridge. :toot:, I guess?

Being able to coordinate them with neighboring alliance's will be a boon, but I also foresee much :ccp:-ing with the implementation.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea posted:

Salvage drones are garbage. Proteus is garbage.

:eyepop:
How dare you

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So I see CCP decided to add in player-placed stargates, but only gave them the range of a jump bridge. :toot:, I guess?

Being able to coordinate them with neighboring alliance's will be a boon, but I also foresee much :ccp:-ing with the implementation.

Eh, it's not the same thing as the "gates" feature they've been teasing for three years. It's just a replacement for JBs so they can finally excise POS code from this gay earth.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Rutibex posted:

This is a good post.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Eh, it's not the same thing as the "gates" feature they've been teasing for three years. It's just a replacement for JBs so they can finally excise POS code from this gay earth.

I never understood why they didn't make a class of ships that aren't simply flying one-way glass cannon stargates. Like a Titan, just without any weapons, so smaller alliances can build and use them.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
titans are pretty cheap at this point and also blops exist so

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
Oh man I just took the plunge and sent in a application Email. I'm ready to Herd some Turds in space.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Turd Herder posted:

Oh man I just took the plunge and sent in a application Email. I'm ready to Herd some Turds in space.

goondolences

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Rutibex posted:

That was fun, especially while also carrying the DPS capability of a Deimos on top of everything else.

But that was never the cookie cutter option, just fun WH scanning in a fancy toy

Antillie posted:

Idk what's going on now ingame, but sleepers could tackle/web you properly.

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Nov 8, 2018

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Joined GoonWaffe (and started playing the game) August 23rd. Today, reached 10B net worth and bought next month's sub with ISK. Thanks again to whoever posted that station trading guide a few pages back.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
What's the relatively-safe ISK threshold for empire freightering with reinforced hulls? IE at what cargo value does it start making sense for freighter ganks

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Deuce posted:

What's the relatively-safe ISK threshold for empire freightering with reinforced hulls? IE at what cargo value does it start making sense for freighter ganks

Pubbies typically won't haul more than 2b in a freighter. If you're looking for higher value stuff, and it's small, consider a Deep Space Transport. They can fit medium micro jump drives and tank like gently caress. They haul 65,000 m^3 at Transport Ships V.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Pubbies typically won't haul more than 2b in a freighter. If you're looking for higher value stuff, and it's small, consider a Deep Space Transport. They can fit medium micro jump drives and tank like gently caress. They haul 65,000 m^3 at Transport Ships V.

It's mostly fuel blocks and stront and ammo so it's not extremely valuable, just bulky. I've been recollecting all my crap that got scattered about lowsec by asset recovery. Blockade runners to get them to hisec, took a lot of trips.

Could have sworn I had a trio of deadspace-fit strat cruisers I ran 10/10s with. Dunno what the gently caress happened to those.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Deuce posted:

If you need to haul smaller, high ISK items, go in a DST. Freighters are good for bulk transport of stuff like common minerals and modules, t1 hulls, etc.

If it's expensive fit ships, Bowhead is a better option.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Kimsemus posted:

If you need to haul smaller, high ISK items, go in a DST. Freighters are good for bulk transport of stuff like common minerals and modules, t1 hulls, etc.

If it's expensive fit ships, Bowhead is a better option.

For the *~T2 capital BPO*~ types, a cloaky strat cruiser perhaps?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Deuce posted:

In my opinion, blockade runner like a Crane, hands down. You can't be scanned and you cloak and you're super fast.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kimsemus posted:

In my opinion, blockade runner like a Crane, hands down. You can't be scanned and you cloak and you're super fast.

on the other hand, people pop blockade runners as scratch-offs and you can get blasted by a single guy hoping to get lucky when you have a burst of latency. i'd much rather be in anything that can probably absorb a solo gank attempt but probably wouldn't be scanned without you noticing and getting safe than being in a BR and hoping nobody gambles trying to get lucky. Either way, you're gambling instead of ensuring you're safe and I think the BR is a worse bet.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Deuce posted:

A T2 BPO (or any valuable BPO) would be hauled with something like a jump freighter, or even a blackops battleship. Things that are small like that should never travel away from a station or friendly citadel's docking radius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
The counter strat is running a brick tanked bhaalgorn or something with ~100K armor (not EHP, literal armor), and just riding out a gank attempt in kadama or whatever it is. Or bring friends with logi. Or blops it. poo poo like that.

I agree a BR can be popped, I've been extremely recalcitrant on moving T2 capital BPOs, which is why I still sit them in a station in lowsec and run the jobs remotely.

When it mattered, I had a handful of T2 BPOs for poo poo like Hammerhead IIs, I would just sit them in a lowsec research station and run the jobs in my POS remotely, was a better alternative than moving them.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 8, 2018