Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Ablative posted:

Hey wait a minute, I thought the only reason Caliborn stopped doing his quirk was because the capslock on the terminal was locked. Why isn't he doing it now?

I missed something, didn't I.

I don't even know how you'd do that typing quirk with the Caltop. I always thought it was a voice thing, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ablative posted:

Hey wait a minute, I thought the only reason Caliborn stopped doing his quirk was because the capslock on the terminal was locked. Why isn't he doing it now?

I missed something, didn't I.

Yeah, later on he gives Jane the "TUMUT", and then remembers to go back to holding shift to get "tumut", so I'd say he's doing the upper case Us to steal more from his sister, besides her blood color.

EDIT:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007380

quote:

You do realize when caps lock is on, you can hold down shift to make letters lower case, right?
WHAT.
NO.
I DON'T USE CAPS LOCK. I THOUGHT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE A TRAINING KEY FOR RETARDS.
A training key?
MAYBE ALSO FOR GIRLS. FOR WHEN THEY GET HYSTERICAL AND MAKE THEIR LETTERS SHOUT.
Ok, got it. Really great theories there.
So... how do you usually type then?
JUST. NEVER MIND.
Hang on. Are you saying you hold down shift with one hand, while hunting and pecking for all the letters with the other?
And whenever you type a 'u' you just let go of shift??
I SAID NEVER MIND.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007381

quote:

gently caress IT.
I'LL JUST TYPE IN ALL BIG LETTERS. EVEN THE U'S. WHO CARES.
Aw, looks like someone just took his first big step toward growing up!
ACTUALLY, TYPING THIS WAY IS A LOT EASIER. LOOKS LIKE I WIN THIS ROUND rear end in a top hat.

IUG fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 21, 2013

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

IUG posted:

Yeah, later on he gives Jane the "TUMUT", and then remembers to go back to holding shift to get "tumut", so I'd say he's doing the upper case Us to steal more from his sister, besides her blood color.

EDIT:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007380

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007381

Ayup, I missed something.

Or at the very least didn't remember it.

Whatever, not the first time, won't be the last, all that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just read that stuff today as I finished my second read-through of the comic, so that's the only reason I was able to recall it so quickly.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
:ohdear: That poor turtle. Caliborn you're the worst.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So, the Felt caliborn is gathering right now, is the same felt Spade murders with his crew right?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

So, the Felt caliborn is gathering right now, is the same felt Spade murders with his crew right?

Different hats and they don't appear to have their Jujus yet, but yes.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Man I can't wait until A6I5I3 when one of you brain surgeons points out "hey, Caliborn is on a burgundy planet, which is the seventh planet, just like how the 7 ball in pool is burgundy!"

vvv same difference :colbert: vvv

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 21, 2013

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Plom Bar posted:

Man I can't wait until A6I5I3 when one of you brain surgeons points out "hey, Caliborn is on a burgundy planet, which is the seventh planet, just like how the 7 ball in pool is burgundy!"

Wait, it's burgundy?

I always had it in my head that it was maroon for some reason.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I think Karkat will be born out of Caliborn's choice and Kankri will be born out of doomed Calliope's choice.

Basically, Karkat always makes fun of Gamzee for his religion, and it would be ironic if Gamzee was attempting to put the wheels in motion for his best friend's birth by seeking and assisting the person who could lead to his creation.

Caliborn's choice will have something to do with having to shed the least useful part of his personality, and the death of Caliborn's good side will somehow end up being reborn as Karkat, leaving Caliborn as a complete vessel of destruction.

Calliope's choice would have also involved shedding a part of her personality as well. I would guess that she would lose the destructive "overly-caring" portions of herself and it would be imbued in Kankri. This would leave her as an objectively creative vessel, only interested in the pro-creation of the universe.

Maybe Calliope created Sburb as a means to create more universes, and might be another reason for why Lord English wants to destroy it. It would be extremely frustrating for him to have been playing a game devised by his cherub sister all this time. She knows the most about the game, so it stands to reason that she may have created it. Maybe Calliope made the Beta Sburb (green) to ensure the human's existence, Caliborn hacked an Alpha Sburb (red) to ensure a session would be populated entirely with his pawns, and Gamzee made Sgrub (purple) using his clown-fu to ensure the existence of trolls and Faygo on Alternia.

Spellman fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 22, 2013

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Plom Bar posted:

I can't wait for Caliborn to skip over the eighth planet because of his Fear of a Black Planet.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

I can't wait for Caliborn to skip over the eighth planet because of his Fear of a Black Planet.

Wait a minute... what if he doesn't?

What if he kills the black planet out of order?

He seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't take too kindly to losing in such a manner...

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ablative posted:

Wait a minute... what if he doesn't?

What if he kills the black planet out of order?

He seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't take too kindly to losing in such a manner...

Caliborn will travel to the 8th planet normally. However, in a fit of pique he'll murder Felt #8 between intermissions. Since that character doesn't actually have Snowman's universe-ending power but instead has something completely worthless (which is probably what sets off Caliborn), nothing will come of it. The only indication we'll get is Hussie chastising Caliborn for mistreating his minions.

Far in the future in the distant past, Doc Scratch recruits the A2 Black Queen as Felt #8 to close the hole in the ranks. He's very helpful that way.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
What if the black planet is actually the black Skaia?

It was already there.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

lotus circle posted:

What if the black planet is actually the black Skaia?

It was already there.

I tossed that around in my head for a bit, but then I remembered that Skaia doesn't have a surface, just the Battlefield.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

In a stunning twist the Black Skaia is actually the entirety of paradox space the rest of the story has taken place in.

Also, did anyone else pick up on Caliborn mentioning that he 'beat' planets by destroying them? That seems rather reminiscent of how Lord English destroys universes.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

In a stunning twist the Black Skaia is actually the entirety of paradox space the rest of the story has taken place in.

Also, did anyone else pick up on Caliborn mentioning that he 'beat' planets by destroying them? That seems rather reminiscent of how Lord English destroys universes.

We also made the requisite billiards analogies, so don't bother.

Some people don't like that, apparently.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Ablative posted:

Some people don't like that, apparently.
What I don't like are people treating blindingly obvious things as incredible discoveries to which only they are privvy.

Like Holy Smokes guys, I think Dirk and Bro are the same person! :whoa: :zomg: :icanhardlybelieveit: :shucksbusterwhatascoop:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Prison Warden posted:

I agree with your first sentence, but for a different reason. When John flew off to obey Terezi and ended up dying, the Trolls lost all contact with them, and terezi didn't even suspect that a beta-timeline version would exist at that point (I think she said she was just loving with him because she knew he wouldn't do it from looking into the future on her Trollian client). I think the session in a beta timeline is totally severed from any other universes, not just the Troll-verse. There's no beta-Jade from that timeline because she is just plain old regular Jade, and when the timeline splintered off, she just lost contact and the others just figured she got blowed up by a meteor impact.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Jade was in Universe B1, and not the B1 Medium when it was offshot, so she could only connect to her Alpha Timeline Medium.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Oh Caliborn. You and your circles. :allears:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Wow, that's... huh. That's interesting. So Lord English isn't just indiscriminately breaking things, he's actually got something resembling a plan.

Question is what exactly he's doing, though. Is he just making a circle for the hell of it?

...Or maybe he's cutting a hole.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Cleretic posted:

...Or maybe he's cutting a hole.

That was my first thought. I wonder what you find when you cut a whole in the middle of paradox space. Maybe it's similar to the fourth wall(s)? He's gonna use it to bust out in to Hussies world, perhaps?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Keep in mind that he's after the bubbles. It might just be that all the horrorterrors who are bubbling just happen to have arranged themselves around the green sun.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I think that's less English's doing than it is Vriska leading him around in a roughly circular fashion as to better facilitate her stellar cartography, establishing a rough perimeter.

Similarly, I think we're about to find out that John's hanging out with Vriska and Tavros again while dreaming.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Bahaha, Vriska's been going in circles.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Act 6 Intermission 5

In Which

Vriska and Tavros go hunting and nearly catch a Lord English.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Man if this leads to more John & Tavros shenanigans, I am all for it.

Bonus points if Tavros has started to look like Troll Gollum.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
This seems like it could potentially be quite an important development.

I'm moderately scared for Vriska/Meenah right now.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Okay, we're safe. Vriska isn't an ugly whore.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The Green Sun was actually Vriska all along. It all makes sense now.

EDIT: ^^ son of a

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Cleretic posted:

Okay, we're safe. Vriska isn't an ugly whore.

I think it represents the location of Callie, personally. Either the real one or alt-universe acsended Callie. In the centre of a massive two-universes-big deadly fireball seems like a good hiding space. Which kinda makes you question exactly how big that circle IS, since it dwarfs the Green Sun.

But mostly I'm hoping this happens.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Is it Vriska time again???

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hang on - hang on.

The felt are NOT, as I had thought the consorts of the planets, since Caliborn's been shooting turtles.

What if they're Denzines? What if THAT'S the reason they have their time-based powers? That would fit with Caliborn's session being an 'extra-hard' version of the game, i.e. there being more bosses...

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Is it Vriska time again???
We are all watching our clocks like it's loving new year's eve.

...Vriska Time Eve? New Vriska Time? New Year's Vriska? New Year's Vriska.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Vriska's Eve.

I'm wondering if we're just going to see the aftermath of that dreambubble clusterfuck. It is/was obvious English crashes it. Rather than actually see him do it, what if we just cut to a battered Vriska and Meenah hauling their respective sidekicks from the bubble-rubble.

Stayton
May 20, 2006

A girl who will put you in a full nelson is worth fighting for.
Comedic possibility. Meenah and Vriska's fight was a draw. Somehow, plan C (combine plans) actually amounts to using Lord English's cracks in reality to cut the green sun out of paradox space looney tunes style. Either that or cut paradox space out of the green sun looney tunes style, either way.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Stayton posted:

Comedic possibility. Meenah and Vriska's fight was a draw. Somehow, plan C (combine plans) actually amounts to using Lord English's cracks in reality to cut the green sun out of paradox space looney tunes style. Either that or cut paradox space out of the green sun looney tunes style, either way.

This is actually what I'm expecting to happen if that circle is completed. The Green Sun gets cut out of paradox space, and its effects on paradox space are negated. Thereby ensuring that the plan that necessitated the Tumor is carried through, at exactly the wrong moment.

Although it might mean that, since the Green Sun was completely removed from paradox space, that its effects never happened. So no dog-tier Jade, yes, but also no GCat, no Bec Noir, either no Doc Scratch or a rather less dangerous one... Meaning if the bad guy wins, he will retroactively have never been in a position to contend in the first place.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cleretic posted:

Meaning if the bad guy wins, he will retroactively have never been in a position to contend in the first place.

This sounds like a good candidate for being only feasible method of defeating Lord English. Unfortunately it also leads to the "it was all a dream" ending.

Stayton
May 20, 2006

A girl who will put you in a full nelson is worth fighting for.

Cleretic posted:

Although it might mean that, since the Green Sun was completely removed from paradox space, that its effects never happened. So no dog-tier Jade, yes, but also no GCat, no Bec Noir, either no Doc Scratch or a rather less dangerous one... Meaning if the bad guy wins, he will retroactively have never been in a position to contend in the first place.

He's already never here anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Wow, that's... huh. That's interesting. So Lord English isn't just indiscriminately breaking things, he's actually got something resembling a plan.

Question is what exactly he's doing, though. Is he just making a circle for the hell of it?

He is proving, once and for all, his worth as an artist.

The fans may have mocked him once, but once he's done, they won't be laughing again.