Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Fellis posted:

They eat freshly killed octopus tentacles and the suckers can adhere to your throat and suffocate you, i think 1-2 people die to it every year still

you wont die from the suckers, you die from eating old, whole octopus even tho you aren't supposed to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

syscall girl posted:

This is upsetting but kind of analogous to blowfish

I'm honestly interested in trying both

blowfish exists and is properly regulated in korea, too

try sea squirts, too

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What if octopus are people and they're just too alien for us to tell? I don't want to eat something that might be people.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i thought they worked out that you can make nontoxic puffer fish by raising them in an aquarium where they aren't exposed to some kind of algae that is responsible for their toxicity

same deal with poison arrow frogs

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 19:12 on Jan 12, 2019

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

What if octopus are people and they're just too alien for us to tell? I don't want to eat something that might be people.

compare to me, the korean, who would totally fuckin eat people and i'm just waiting for the lab grown human meat so i can do it every day

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I always feel guilty eating octopus because they're ridiculously intelligent. It's not like cows, which are just future burgers standing in a field. Octopi are smarter than the vast majority of people.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I feel bad eating octopus because it's gross. Like fishy rubber.

Blowfish is good and also nowhere near as dangerous as that one episode of the Simpsons made it out to be.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Keep in mind octopi only live like a year. So even if they were as smart as us they'd basically be like babies

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Poison dart frogs are only toxic in the wild. Some element of their diet is processed in such a way as to generate the poison. In captivity, they do not have access to that element, and people aren’t sure what exactly that even is. We had some at an exhibit in the museum I used to work at, and this was the story given to me by a curator. Might make for an interesting google search at some point.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Reynold posted:

Poison dart frogs are only toxic in the wild. Some element of their diet is processed in such a way as to generate the poison. In captivity, they do not have access to that element, and people aren’t sure what exactly that even is. We had some at an exhibit in the museum I used to work at, and this was the story given to me by a curator. Might make for an interesting google search at some point.

Do you trust this dude enough to pick one up and lick it?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Reynold posted:

I was wondering about that - they had a rainforest exhibit at the aquarium and there was a sign saying there were poison dart frogs (didn't see any though) and thought that seemed a little dangerous.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Mierenneuker posted:

I do remember that the OP to that pizza thread had this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

Ah yes, garbage fired pizza.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

i thought they worked out that you can make nontoxic puffer fish by raising them in an aquarium where they aren't exposed to some kind of algae that is responsible for their toxicity

I thought the whole point of ordering puffer fish was to get a properly prepared serving that gives you a little tingle, not an agonising death. Otherwise it's just fish.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's really good fish. But so is escarole, and that only has a slight risk of making you poo poo yourself, so go for that one instead.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

Döner meat, cheese, onions, döner sauce. If you really hate yourself, top that with fries. A true Trash Pizza.

gently caress that, if you're going to ruin a pizza like that you should just get a Kapsalon. Probably even worse for your health but it's the exact thing your body needs when you're drunk as gently caress.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

bob dobbs is dead posted:

compare to me, the korean, who would totally fuckin eat people and i'm just waiting for the lab grown human meat so i can do it every day

but are you an octopus, that's the important question

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Me: "oh no, our plane crashed, we have to resort to cannibalism and eat Dave"

Steve: "This plane was carrying food for foreign aid. There's 70 tons of canned goods and MREs all around us"

Me: "I think the best way to prepare Dave is wrapped in strips of Steve"

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Woman, 63, 'becomes PREGNANT in the mouth' with baby squid after eating calamari

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2159692/Womans-mouth-falls-pregnant-squid-biting-sea-creature-scientists-claim.html

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Nice memes on page 911, morons.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Paladinus posted:

Are you saying this page is a tragedy?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

It's really good fish. But so is escarole, and that only has a slight risk of making you poo poo yourself, so go for that one instead.

You probably meant escolar, the fish that is so oily that it makes you poo poo yourself. Escarole is a sort of lettuce.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sagebrush posted:

You probably meant escolar, the fish that is so oily that it makes you poo poo yourself. Escarole is a sort of lettuce.

Understandable confusion. Lettuce will also make you poo poo yourself these days.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Octopi are smarter than the vast majority of people.

The plural of octopus is octopussy. Now whose smart!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I was wondering about that - they had a rainforest exhibit at the aquarium and there was a sign saying there were poison dart frogs (didn't see any though) and thought that seemed a little dangerous.
Poison dart frogs are very popular in the pet trade now and are 100% non-toxic if raised in captivity.
http://market.kingsnake.com/index.php?cat=123

I still wouldn't lick one though, because it's still a frog and that would be gross.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Paladinus posted:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Me: "oh no, our plane crashed, we have to resort to cannibalism and eat Dave"

Steve: "This plane was carrying food for foreign aid. There's 70 tons of canned goods and MREs all around us"

Me: "I think the best way to prepare Dave is wrapped in strips of Steve"

Steve: "The radio and GPS still work, I've received confirmation that our rescue is on the way."

Me: *sharpening knife* "Need protein soon as the hallucinations have already begun."

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

donquixotic posted:

The plural of octopus is octopussy. Now whose smart!

The plural is octopust'd've

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Anyway, happy page 911

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://i.imgur.com/XUhBhRg.mp4

Paladinus posted:

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/907445802368360448

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

bike tory posted:

The plural is octopust'd've

octopust'd'velanfairpwllgwyngyllussy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

:wow:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

:piss:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

bike tory posted:

I feel bad eating octopus because it's gross. Like fishy rubber.

Blowfish is good and also nowhere near as dangerous as that one episode of the Simpsons made it out to be.

Some of our lives are informed by The Simpsons. Between seasons 2 and 7

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

A Sometimes Food posted:

Keep in mind octopi only live like a year. So even if they were as smart as us they'd basically be like babies

the extreme slowness of human development is an artifact of the fact that in birth peeps have to push a baby through a vagina, so baby head gotta start real small

octopus has eggs so it develops much faster

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

You've done a great service because the number of goons forgetting :911: where they found this image or how to find it again rivals the military base hot dog man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

:perfect: