Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Can you skip it entirely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Yardbomb posted:

And it only gets funnier the more they use it when the Wachowski sisters talk more about The Matrix post-transitioning and all.

Oh man, I was completely sheltered to this information until now, that's amazing. Life imitates art.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Justice Sloth posted:

Oh man, I was completely sheltered to this information until now, that's amazing. Life imitates art.

Another fun thing is going back and watching The Matrix and picking up on all the transgender subtext that REALLY isn't particularly hidden in hindsight.

It being so obvious in retrospect makes all those lovely people unironically using "redpill" makes it loving hilarious.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Feb 3, 2017

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Dias posted:

Go play RE4, man. Just do it.

I really like the first four three Silent Hill games. I know it's in the same genre so maybe I'll check it out when I've got the extra time.

Right now I'm knee-deep in Dark Souls and Binding of Isaac (gee what could have made me want to replay those, I wonder).

Also JonTron came from a wealthy background and has been bankrolled by his parents from day 1. Also also, his last name is Jafari and I'm pretty sure his parents/grandparents are immigrants.

What I'm saying is he can go gently caress himself.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RE4 isn't really anything like those Silent Hill games, though.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think I found DS2s blightcon - Earthen Peak. Although, I'm not finding it all that bad, not done it yet so that could change. Also, Woolie said something about blightown being reminiscent of The Gutter or something. (Have yet to go there)

Also, what's the deal with the royal rat authority? I feel like I always hear the best friends bring it up as "one of those" bosses, but it didn't seem too bad.

Besides branches of yore being too dang rare, I think I'm hitting the groove for DS2.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Oxyclean posted:

I think I found DS2s blightcon - Earthen Peak. Although, I'm not finding it all that bad, not done it yet so that could change. Also, Woolie said something about blightown being reminiscent of The Gutter or something. (Have yet to go there)

Also, what's the deal with the royal rat authority? I feel like I always hear the best friends bring it up as "one of those" bosses, but it didn't seem too bad.

Besides branches of yore being too dang rare, I think I'm hitting the groove for DS2.

Branches of Yore are plot items, and they only have a couple of specific uses, so the rarity is intentional.

As for Earthen Peak and the Gutter, you're right on both accounts. There are actually two 'blighttown' zones in DS2, and they both suck to get through. I can't wait to see what you think of the Gutter, though.

RRA is an Ads Boss, which is really annoying in Souls due to the way damage works. That, and he's really well camouflaged unless you know what to look for, so he can take you off guard coming from DS1

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Two blighttowns? Oh boy!

I've found like 4 spots i need branches in and haven't found one in awhile, I'm pretty sure two of those spots just lead two items, one isn't blocking anything, and the other is blocking a bonfire I don't particularly need. (although a friend says apparently thats the guy that makes boss soul weapons?) I thought about unfreezing that person last time I had a branch but opted to unfreeze the pyromancer blocking the path to the woods. Part of me feels like I must have missed some branches - if I hadn't unfrozen the pyromancer I'm not sure where my progress zone would be right now. I realize my mental map for the layout of DS2s world is basically non-existent as I try to remember what zone is behind what other zone.

I think I might be pushing into "huge" territory because when I fought RRA the adds only took a single hit to kill, it gets even easier if you just take them out without getting to far into the room - I'm not sure what you mean by camouflage because unless you barrel into the room he's just up on a rock or something and doesn't aggro till you go far enough in.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Oxyclean posted:

Two blighttowns? Oh boy!

I've found like 4 spots i need branches in and haven't found one in awhile, I'm pretty sure two of those spots just lead two items, one isn't blocking anything, and the other is blocking a bonfire I don't particularly need. (although a friend says apparently thats the guy that makes boss soul weapons?) I thought about unfreezing that person last time I had a branch but opted to unfreeze the pyromancer blocking the path to the woods. Part of me feels like I must have missed some branches - if I hadn't unfrozen the pyromancer I'm not sure where my progress zone would be right now. I realize my mental map for the layout of DS2s world is basically non-existent as I try to remember what zone is behind what other zone.

I think I might be pushing into "huge" territory because when I fought RRA the adds only took a single hit to kill, it gets even easier if you just take them out without getting to far into the room - I'm not sure what you mean by camouflage because unless you barrel into the room he's just up on a rock or something and doesn't aggro till you go far enough in.

Oh you're thinking of a different boss then. There's the Royal Rat Authority (Sif 2.0) and the Royal Rat Vanguard (a different thing you haven't run into and what woolie/pat/whatever were talking about.)

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Oxyclean posted:

Two blighttowns? Oh boy!

There are two 'Royal Rat' fights. They got the names confused, I guess.

And it's been a while since I played, so my mental map is also kinda messed up. Man, now I kinda want to re-download Dark Souls 2...

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Phantasium posted:

RE4 isn't really anything like those Silent Hill games, though.

All I know is they're both "survival horror". I know nothing about Resident Evil other than Jill is the master of unlocking and she could have been a sandwich...?

Oxyclean posted:

Two blighttowns? Oh boy!

I honestly think The Gutter is "worse" than original Blight Town (in that it's harder to figure out where you're supposed to be the first time around). Also, those goddamn giant dog things.

Side question: Bows are something I never really played around with in any of the DS games. Are they fun/worth using? I know 3 has some cool weapon arts.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HoboTech posted:

All I know is they're both "survival horror". I know nothing about Resident Evil other than Jill is the master of unlocking and she could have been a sandwich...?

RE4 is the first one where Survival Horror is in quotes, actually. It's more an action game, though a really good one. If you like the first three Silent Hills, RE 4 is a good one, but so are all of the ones before it. RE 1 through 3 play very similarly to SH, though with their own twists on the genre. Thankfully, Resident Evil 1 has a blue million remakes to choose from, and RE 2 has a new version either freshly released or coming soon.

Resident Evil 3 is going to look like butt no matter what version you get, though hopefully it gets a remaster soon.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Oxyclean posted:

Two blighttowns? Oh boy!

If you bought the Ring of Whispers from Shalquoir, there's someone in the zone just beyond the pyromancer that you can talk to about getting another branch, as well as an additional branch in a chest. Magerold of Lanafir in the No Man's Wharf sells one for almost half the price that Hag Melentia will charge you.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Paige playing Until Dawn is amazing

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Andrast posted:

Paige playing Until Dawn is amazing

Watching that stream with the chat on, I realized something: did you know Pat and apt are anagrams? I'm not sure what that implies, but it seems oddly fitting.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
it is apt that Pat is fat

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Welp thanks to this thread I learned what a shitbag Jontron is and he even gave a loving breitbart interview.

Shame I thought a good chunk of his video's were funny. He's not getting ad revenue from me.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Monaghan posted:

Welp thanks to this thread I learned what a shitbag Jontron is and he even gave a loving breitbart interview.

Shame I thought a good chunk of his video's were funny. He's not getting ad revenue from me.

same, i had no idea

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I saw some stuff a few years back about people giving him flak over somethings he said but didn't make much of it. A week or two ago he was going of on twitter bitching about the Women's Marches and that was the point that I was like "welp time to unfollow."

Kinda hoped he'd be a reasonable enough person to come around but it seems like he just sorta doubled down on the lovely opinions.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
White entitled "politics and entertainment shouldn't mix" nerd from America helds stupid opinions, news at five.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I never really liked Jon's videos, so this isn't some huge betrayal to me, but I am worried he's going to use his 3 million+ sub count to spread his lovely views.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Am I crazy or did the best friends also have a short-lived running gag about Jon hating Woolie?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Am I crazy or did the best friends also have a short-lived running gag about Jon hating Woolie?

Jon and Woolie went to bars together and I think Matt or someone has his phone number, they're in generally good relation with him. I think Arin was the one they had the gag about hating them.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

Jon and Woolie went to bars together and I think Matt or someone has his phone number, they're in generally good relation with him. I think Arin was the one they had the gag about hating them.

Yeah, when Jon left Grumps there was tons of fan speculation about why because they basically never brought it up. So stupid fan theories became a gag.

I can't remember if Best Friends or just fans make some jokes about Matt's break and Liams departure based on those infamous fan theories.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's either that or you're thinking about dunkey's joke about Jontron not doing videos with him because he's black.

Anyway have some Superbunnyhop doing a meme, please feel free to unsubscribe from Jontron's channel after watching it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkI3-cO3aVs

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know

I'm okay with this meme.

It cured cancer and did good things for the world. We need more memes like it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Dark Spirit Boxing!

Woolie should stay human more, it makes for the best LP moments.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Woolie drank, he is truly the worst

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
+1 for playing RE4, it's great. I recently (like last week) did a full playthrough after having bought it like three times and never finishing it previously. This was prompted by a rewatch of the Best Friends LP. I had a blast, and even went and played through Mercenaries and the extra missions. Was a good game to get familiar with the Steam Controller as well. Gyro aiming, mahgawd.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm gonna buy RE7 cos the SBF make it look awesome. Good job guys! :)

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

DumbparameciuM posted:

+1 for playing RE4, it's great. I recently (like last week) did a full playthrough after having bought it like three times and never finishing it previously. This was prompted by a rewatch of the Best Friends LP. I had a blast, and even went and played through Mercenaries and the extra missions. Was a good game to get familiar with the Steam Controller as well. Gyro aiming, mahgawd.

gently caress yeah. There's a good reason a lot of people considering RE4 to be one of the best games of all time.

Regarding today's DS1 episode, I'm disappointed, although not all that surprised, that Pat completely ignores the Falchion, despite it being like, the best Dex weapon.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Pat's stand is really powerful.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Buckets posted:

Pat's stand is really powerful.

My stand, GARBAGE

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

White entitled "politics and entertainment shouldn't mix" nerd from America helds stupid opinions, news at five.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Iron Keep and it's lovely weeaboo knights can go to hell. Learned the hard way that you can be interrupted while going through a fog door in DS2.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dias posted:

"White" as well just to make it all the more dumb, his last name's Jafari, his family is iranian, if he wasn't cheerleading perfectly in line with them, his lovely new pals would 180 on him in a second. :ughh:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

"White" as well just to make it all the more dumb, his last name's Jafari, his family is iranian, if he wasn't cheerleading perfectly in line with them, his lovely new pals would 180 on him in a second. :ughh:

Hey, his middle name is Aryan, that's gotta count for something.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why is this unrelated thing from a video Grouchio posted out of nowhere still being talked about. A new fisticuffs with another goofy rear end Real Bout just got put up and no one is talking about it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Baal posted:

Why is this unrelated thing from a video Grouchio posted out of nowhere still being talked about. A new fisticuffs with another goofy rear end Real Bout just got put up and no one is talking about it.

See, you can always start a new loving discussion! Hurrah!

Anyway, I hate the line system and I'm glad it's dead forever. SNK during the 90s did make the best looking games ever tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

woolie has ultimate anime battle with fly at 21:50