Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Xander77 posted:

For some reason I got the keys for everything except Little Big Adventure
That's because LBA is just the Android port for some bizarre reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
:psyduck:

So I decided to finally buy all the Bioware DLC and go back to those games. I played them all at release, then didn't really care enough to spend money for overpriced DLC after the fact. Since I want to go back to the games, figured why not.

Outside of the fact I could have spent something like $150 just buying DLC if I didn't realize the Russian Origin happily sells you $10 1600 Point packs even in the US, this has been the biggest shitshow I've ever seen.

Dragon Age Origins? Had no problems, the game had an ingame installer and it just installed everything for me. DA2 and ME3? Again, no problem. I only own those games on Origin, so the files just downloaded along with the game.

Mass Effect 2? I have no idea how the hell to get this loving DLC into my loving game, and have been working on this overnight with no success.

I decided to buy a piece of DLC off Origin just to see how it reacted to my Steam copy. It downloaded itself to the Steam folder right away, so I figured viola, EA must have done something right. So middownload I put down the $10-$15 needed to buy the rest of the DLC assuming I could just que them all up, then let it download them to my Steam folder. Nope. After stopping the download, the DLC just decided to hang out and lock up. Apparently they never bothered adding an install phase to the Origin installer for DLC, meaning when it actually installs the game, it's basically just sitting there with it's dick in it's hand trying to figure out what to do next. So I scoured the folders hoping maybe I could just install the DLC individually, then close Origin and install them again manually off the .exe it gave me. Nope, half the time it never even downloads the ,exe file, because apparently it doesn't need that to gently caress me over.

Then I had the bright idea that it''s probably due to Steam. So I completely uninstalled the Steam version, then redownloaded the game through Origin. Nope. Still unable to figure out how to install it's own DLC. :suicide:

So I check the forums, and send a response to EA. According to the Origin forums, this is a common problem for both Steam users and Origin users, and it's basically just an issue with how Origin handles ME2 DLC. Unlike ME3 which was built specifically for Origin, ME2/DA2 weren't and will "OCCASIONALLY" ( read rather often ) not work when it comes to DLC bought on Origin. At all. Because Origin doesn't understand how to handle installing a .exe file that asks questions ( see ME2 DLC ), even as an admin, so what ends up happening is it installs all the data required to play the DLC, but will never actually run the DLC's .exe to verify it/finish setting it up, leaving you with a hunk of useless files. And since it can't figure out that last bit of the program, it hangs after every single DLC.

Then I get the response from EA support. After jumping through a million hoops trying to explain to this guy what I actually need, he tells me "I'm sorry, but EA does not offer support for DLC at this time. Do you have an Origin system or game problem."

Well loving thanks EA.

So I figured I could just do this the old fashioned way and download off the Bioware Social site manually, then manually install each DLC individually. Except I can't! Because OWNING THE GAME ON ORIGIN, AND OWNING IT ON THE BIOWARE SOCIAL ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. While I hold an Origin license, I don't hold a Bioware Social license. Which means I don't get "Download" as my option for these DLCs, even when logged into my Origin account, I get "Buy Now". Apparently I can force it to recognize my owned DLC if I provide the DLC codes, except EA and Origin never gave me codes for any of this DLC, at least not that I can find.

This is the most baffling and aggravating display of corporate incompetence I've ever seen. gently caress EA.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jan 23, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Guess why considerate people don't buy their poo poo? Talk about making bad decisions.

Edit: Words are hard in the morning.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jan 23, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Grim Fandango Remastered comes out in less than a week? Awesome!

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Jerusalem posted:

Grim Fandango Remastered comes out in less than a week? Awesome!

Not Another Dime, DoubleFine

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well I never got to play the game but I've heard such wonderful things about it, so it's cool that I'll finally get a chance to rectify that.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Jerusalem posted:

Well I never got to play the game but I've heard such wonderful things about it, so it's cool that I'll finally get a chance to rectify that.

Yeah same, although I think I'll wait for a sale.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm really excited about Grim Fandango but if I'm being completely honest with myself I'm probably gonna buy it, download it, then never think about it again.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
Five days ago, I Bad Ratted a friend.

Yesterday, he decided he would get me back.

:argh:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Not Another Dime, DoubleFine

To be fair, since the game was already completed 27 years ago, there's a non-zero chance that this game is actually complete.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Hope I'm good to post deals in this thread.

My site is running a cross-promo with FunStock Digital (one of our partners) to get 20% off their already discounted Naruto Shippuden games.

That brings Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst down to £3.35 and Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution down to £17.19.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/naruto-shippuden-steam-deals/

I'm not here to beg for clicks, though. The code is #FUNRICE

I've only played UNS3FB for a little bit and it seemed quite fun if a little complex. I've heard some great things about the series, but I'm not sure anything can capture my heart quite like the original Dragon Ball Budokai Trilogy did. I'm hoping Xenoverse will scratch that itch.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Waterfall of Salt posted:

Friends don't bad rat friends. This is what happens

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jesus, you're not supposed to escalate from thrown rocks to nuclear strikes :ohdear:.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Giving a good game in exchange for a bad one? Talk about turning the other cheek.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
May the Match-3 be with you.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Freak Futanari posted:

Giving a good game in exchange for a bad one? Talk about turning the other cheek.

Steam Thread: Huniepop vs Bad Rats vs Predator - No Matter Who Wins, You Lose

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
So by any chance does anyone here have the Far Cry 4 Prison DLC? I'm having a bitch of a time finding a co-op partner for it. :smith:

If you do, add me!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm really excited about Grim Fandango but if I'm being completely honest with myself I'm probably gonna buy it, download it, then never think about it again.

It's just nice to have a permanent Steam home for games you may already own the discs for. Like if No One Lives Forever came out on Steam by some miracle I'd buy it even when I could install and play it any time, same with Silent Hill 2 etc.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Xander77 posted:

For some reason I got the keys for everything except Little Big Adventure.

thats because it only includes the android version of little big adventure

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Rookersh posted:

So I figured I could just do this the old fashioned way and download off the Bioware Social site manually, then manually install each DLC individually. Except I can't! Because OWNING THE GAME ON ORIGIN, AND OWNING IT ON THE BIOWARE SOCIAL ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. While I hold an Origin license, I don't hold a Bioware Social license. Which means I don't get "Download" as my option for these DLCs, even when logged into my Origin account, I get "Buy Now". Apparently I can force it to recognize my owned DLC if I provide the DLC codes, except EA and Origin never gave me codes for any of this DLC, at least not that I can find.

Where are you looking on the Bioware social site? Once you log in all the DLC you own should be listed on this page. All the DLC I bought on Origin for ME2 shows up there.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

So, a not-for-prophet bundle then?

Christ

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Hah! :neckbeard:

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Rookersh posted:

Mass Effect 2? I have no idea how the hell to get this loving DLC into my loving game, and have been working on this overnight with no success.

Last time I played Mass Effect 2, I had to go to their social site, dig through everything to find my files then just downloaded and it installed itself directly to my steam version. I'm not sure if they broke something if your trying to install it to your steam version.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
yo somebody said the thread title doesnt make any drat sense anymore so what should the new one be go

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kewpuh posted:

yo somebody said the thread title doesnt make any drat sense anymore so what should the new one be go

Huniepop 5/5 -Orv

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Kewpuh posted:

Steam Thread: anime is cool

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving booyah!

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Kewpuh posted:

Steam Thread: You can't fight it embrace the anime

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mr E posted:

Steam Thread: anime ja nai

This is a much better reference to anime.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

This is a much better reference to anime.

I agree.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not a fan of the French stuff personally but it's good to learn other languages.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Steam Thread: Rift-enhanced 3D anime tittay

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay it's perfect now.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
what have we become...

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Drifter posted:

what have we become...

Inclusive, finally. :love:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Orv is a legend and should continue dissing on anime as we need to balance out Freak Futanari.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Palpek posted:

Orv is a legend and should continue dissing on anime as we need to balance out Freak Futanari.

It's a real case of red oni vs blue oni

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Steam thread: We view our games through oppai-tinted goggles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
orv once tried to gift me huniepop

• Locked thread