Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

nawledgelambo posted:

this guy really exists on planet earth

Imagine having the mental capacity to post about something so dumb, about the guy who is completely irrelevant, to fight the people making fun of the video game, that doesn't need defending because it is the greatest video game of all time

obey-the-fist doesn't even post anything about star citizen, his post history is exclusive to derek smart, but please continue to tell us how unimportant derek smart and we all are

also obey-the-fist maybe you should :justpost: instead of screaming at the 4 other people in r/ds how terrible it is over here; I mean clearly you are infatuated with what goons are doing and saying, and have "disposable income" as you bought spacepegs, so what's another 10bux?

He's a real life class A moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

DapperDon posted:

I see myself writing that later on today. Thanks for the assist.

This rang a bell for me, I had to do an assignment on privacy principles at some point so I was pretty sure there would be a privacy policy on the Robert Space website:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/privacy

I'm pretty sure there's a website covering what the privacy principles are, and which countries have agreed to follow them. If I find it I'll paste a link.

Maybe this?
http://www.oecd.org/sti/ieconomy/oecdguidelinesontheprotectionofprivacyandtransborderflowsofpersonaldata.htm

Keeping information on people is potentially serious business.

.... And I just had a quick read of that privacy policy, as usual they seem to be going about it backwards, as if the end users have obligations to RSI, rather than RSI having obligations to users with regards to how personal information is being used and stored.

Stoca Zola fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 10, 2017

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Dooguk posted:

He couldn't be Roberts, could he?

It could even be Dr. Smart fueling his fanbase on his subreddit.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Hey guys, I got a leaked copy of the 3.0 schedule.

UI - 80%
Code - 22%
Network - https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs/517-Senior-Server-Engineer
Gameplay - oh gently caress, oh gently caress, we're screwed, oh gently caress.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Zzr posted:

It could even be Dr. Smart fueling his fanbase on his subreddit.

Nah. I think it's Roberts, he looks mad enough.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Stoca Zola posted:

This rang a bell for me, I had to do an assignment on privacy principles at some point so I was pretty sure there would be a privacy policy on the Robert Space website:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/privacy

I'm pretty sure there's a website covering what the privacy principles are, and which countries have agreed to follow them. If I find it I'll paste a link.

Maybe this?
http://www.oecd.org/sti/ieconomy/oecdguidelinesontheprotectionofprivacyandtransborderflowsofpersonaldata.htm

Keeping information on people is potentially serious business.

.... And I just had a quick read of that privacy policy, as usual they seem to be going about it backwards, as if the end users have obligations to RSI, rather than RSI having obligations to users with regards to how personal information is being used and stored.

I am sure this has been asked to death, but hosed if I can find the contact info for Customer Service anywhere on their web page. Does anyone happen to know where to find it?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Lowtax should introduce a completionist package for SA. That should do the trick.

All the available options are just too cheap for our citizen friends who have lots of disposable income.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Exinos posted:

UI - 80%
Code - 22%

• Support patch and new content deployment

100 hour week.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I remember people discussed the record keeping policies of cig back when the goon tag first came to light

Not sure what the out come was , but suffice to say they have your personal details and possibly financial details , So they most certainly have to provide you with a record of that

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

quote:

If you want to know what Personal Information or Non-Personal Information we hold about you or if you have any other queries in relation to this Privacy Policy, please contact us by emailing us at privacy@cloudimperiumgames.com. We will require you to verify your identity before releasing any information to you.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I wonder if that just redirects to bens inbox

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

We just need enough information to steal your identity before we can tell you whether we have enough of your information to steal your identity

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sent. Well, this should be fun.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

AutismVaccine posted:

Lowtax should introduce a completionist package for SA. That should do the trick.

All the available options are just too cheap for our citizen friends who have lots of disposable income.

I'm still waiting for my spaceship jpeg I paid extra for :colbert:

grimey drawer my rear end

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

DapperDon posted:

Sent. Well, this should be fun.

I wonder if they'll try making you wait for weeks before replying to you.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Is there any upcoming release date for anything in this game?

It's always fun watching CIG miss them.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Stoca Zola posted:

I wonder if they'll try making you wait for weeks before replying to you.

Yes, that should be an award winning strategy for dealing with me.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Exinos posted:

UI - 80%
Code - 22%

checks out

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

This seems relevant, they give a UK address so I think this covers it:
https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-6-rights/subject-access-request/

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

This post was sub contracted out. It was not properly seen by The Titanic before it was posted because she is working on the post 17* posts from now in England with the Imaginarium.

This post and the next 15 posts following it are just alpha posts. Post 17 is post 2.0, which we know you will like a lot because it will have everything you ever dreamed of and more.

Post 2.0 hype starts... NOW!

MOCAPPED POSTS? WITH THE TITANIC? Can't wait to see the subscriber only post flare I can't share with anyone else!

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Can we talk about names? Because Stanton and Crusader are the dumbest system and planet names I have ever heard. Roberts is supposed to be a visionary fidelity master or whatever and the only names he can come up with would be lovely on a memorial library.

Guys, I'm heading out to the Bradford system to drop off some cargo to the colonists on planet Musketeer. I hope a commando doesn't hide in the crates!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Everybody has dumb names for stuff. Stanton's pretty garbage but Crusader ain't bad.

Just like Naboo

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

I was just browsing Wikipedia and it said companies that maintain records on specidic people have to allow them to be reviewed by that person periodically for accuracy

Don't give up dapperdon

Sorry, but that sounds more EU than USA.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Meridian posted:

It died a long time ago, friend.

Think Weekend at Bernie's.

IN SPACE!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

his nibs posted:

imagine waking up and being obey-the-fist

I may be an asshat with an imagination, but I can't imagine being THAT much of an asshat.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Samizdata posted:

Sorry, but that sounds more EU than USA.

I've already gotten the automated response. The same one that begs you to "please stay and play the new 2.6.x patch that is awesome in every way".

Cavendish
Feb 26, 2016

DapperDon posted:

I am sure this has been asked to death, but hosed if I can find the contact info for Customer Service anywhere on their web page. Does anyone happen to know where to find it?

Whatever gave you the idea that "customer" service wants you to contact them?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Everybody has dumb names for stuff. Stanton's pretty garbage but Crusader ain't bad.

Just like Naboo

They showed a lot of restraint by not naming the star on the largest system Gardiner.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Samizdata posted:

MOCAPPED POSTS? WITH THE TITANIC? Can't wait to see the subscriber only post flare I can't share with anyone else!

*Dictated but not read.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

trucutru posted:

They showed a lot of restraint by not naming the star on the largest system Gardiner.

Patch 2.6.5 will address that shortfall.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Dooguk posted:

Nah. I think it's Roberts, he looks mad enough.

Even Crobber can't get that right.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Just like Naboo

Star Wars has some better ones: Coruscant, Alderaan, Tatooine, Sullust, Correllia (which CIG rips off if I remember correctly).

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
My new soundtrack for the thread...

https://masterbootrecord.bandcamp.com/

RZR.NFO is amazing, BTW.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Naming systems after nostalgic IP the devs worked on would be kind of fun.

Crusader, Kilrathi, Steltek, etc.

Ben could probably pull up names for every system in a minute.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Zzr posted:

I can't get an erection since the p6666 slipped out of my reach. Good job on ruining a life.

:same:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

his nibs posted:

Origin and Etymology of concierge

French, from Old French, probably from Vulgar Latin *conservius, alteration of Latin conservus fellow slave, from com- + servus slave

First Known Use: circa 1697

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

his nibs posted:

believer peter

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Zzr posted:

Will they go full fidelity and award to female characters a reduced strenght, intelligence, luck and agility ?

:ssj:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Thoatse posted:

Star Citizen jank so strong it will even make thread cats t-pose

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 10 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard