Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hunt11 posted:

It is impressive just how terrible Nigel Farage is.

I am always expecting to see him unhinge his jaw to let loose a gale of cigarette smoke and houseflies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I understand this is a joke but I'm sure plenty of stand-up comics and political cartoonists really hate the "boy you're really gonna miss Bush/Trump/whoever when they're out, huh? So much funny material!" line.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pants Donkey posted:

In McKee's defense, he didn't seem to make a cartoon yelling at democrats for daring to politicize the Vegas shooting.

However, he also didn't bother yelling at his comrades over their desire to do what Bad Liberals are doing now, so the hypocrisy is still there.

Yeah, but no liberals ARE saying it's "too soon" or "don't politicize this" so the very foundation of the comic is flawed.

Vib Rib posted:

I understand this is a joke but I'm sure plenty of stand-up comics and political cartoonists really hate the "boy you're really gonna miss Bush/Trump/whoever when they're out, huh? So much funny material!" line.
Patton Oswalt has a line about this where he talks about if Rape Goblins flew down and grabbed people to rape and he got a good five minutes of material out of it, "I'd rather not have the Rape Goblins."

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 3, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pulitzer bait?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

Bors did a comic about that right after the election

people continually cracking wise at him about how grateful he must be for all the material as the world descends into fascism and apocalypse around them

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Vib Rib posted:

Jon Stewart said something like that right as Bush was leaving. Something like "yeah, he gave me a lot of material, but I'd rather not have to make jokes when people's lives are on the line."

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Vib Rib posted:

"Look at this person trying to politicize tragedy but only when it fits their agenda," the cartoonist thought smugly, desperately trying to ignore he was doing exactly that.

I mean idiots on both sides do this to be fair

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Duke Igthorn posted:

Yeah, but no liberals ARE saying it's "too soon" or "don't politicize this" so the very foundation of the comic is flawed.

Literally heard a liberal say not to politicize it in the context of new immigration laws on NPR this morning. Both sides do it when they don't want their opponent making hay out of whatever tragedy of the week

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Does Payne think the Russia dossier was literally produced by Russia?

Or that the dossier was about her and not Trump?

Or that Clinton was ignoring her own funding of research into Trump's Russian connections?

Or that the dossier the public didn't see until after the election swung it against her?

Does Payne think?

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 3, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Zemyla posted:

No, that's how they look. They don't have any sculpted-in irises or pupils.

:eng101: fun fact: while the Statue of Liberty does not have modeled eye details, many other statues do. Look at how realistic the eyes are on Mount Rushmore!

How on earth did they get that look, with the dark area for the pupil/iris and even the little glint of light reflecting off the cornea?

:chloe: not quite sure how that makes me feel. Anyway, the technique was based on something that Michelangelo is famous for doing with David

:eng101: the more you know

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Cant wait for the little girl to run for office on Gary Johnson's platform. Straight from the mouth of babes!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Trogdos! posted:

real answer:

1. Hillary Clinton was on Jimmy Kimmel show and showed that she's a healthy, strong grandma who can open a jar by herself

2. Rightwing dumbasses spend days babbling about how there was no popping sound when she opened the jar, it was pre-opened, staged, false flag jar opening raah

3. Ben Garrison creates this super funny pickle-jar character he included in multiple cartoons (like the one below) and iirc made a t-shirt print or two of it

Jesus imagine being so full of yourself that you commission someone to draw this about you.

Wait, did Norton ever threaten to beat his wife on the show?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

- More money for us
- gently caress you

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Terrorim

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Ftfy. A reminder that Trump has exceeded the civilian casualty level of Obama's 8 years in 9 months. So anyone claiming Obama didn't do anything to prevent civilian deaths or did it for no reason at this point is completely full of poo poo.

:allears:
Why was there an open-ended war authorization and an active bombing campaign all ready an waiting for the next time a Republican won the presidency hmm?

Oh right because butchering kids was more important than protecting some civilians the ones Obama or Clinton weren't going to butcher anyway from a future Republican administration. Hope it was worth it!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

Why was there an open-ended war authorization and an active bombing campaign all ready an waiting for the next time a Republican won the presidency hmm?

Oh right because butchering kids was more important than protecting some civilians the ones Obama or Clinton weren't going to butcher anyway from a future Republican administration. Hope it was worth it!

This is the edgiest loving take oh my god

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This one could go on for like four more panels talking about all the ways it’s the sober one’s fault by not properly appealing to the drunken fool’s drunken fool sensibilities.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Murdering civilians is bad, fool_of_sound.

If you want to expand executive authority to do it without any oversight or restraint because a smart Democrat is in power well I have bad news for you about the assumption that no Republican will ever get their hands on the button

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Seriously, Republicans have been baying for Syrian blood since the instant ISIS become a media word. You’re delusional if you think a lack of prior authorization would have delayed a Trump bombing campaign for more than about 30 seconds.

E: I don’t even disagree with you about executive power, just the bizarre shifting of blame on civilian deaths.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 3, 2017

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ah so the AUMF was just kind of for fun and didn't actually do anything, right?

If it had been repealed it would have made no difference, weird that Obama was so implacably opposed to repealing such a useless law right?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

fool_of_sound posted:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

Ah so the AUMF was just kind of for fun and didn't actually do anything, right?

If it had been repealed it would have made no difference, weird that Obama was so implacably opposed to repealing such a useless law right?

I’m not really sure what I can possibly say to you that will unbreak your brain about this. Republicans would have instantly authorized military force in Syria, even without Obama’s campaign. It was a huge cornerstone of their election platform.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Holy moly who the hell cares

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

I’m not really sure what I can possibly say to you that will unbreak your brain about this. Republicans would have instantly authorized military force in Syria, even without Obama’s campaign. It was a huge cornerstone of their election platform.
Yemen too right? And Lybia?

We should give the executive unaccountable power to launch wars and bomb who-the-gently caress-ever with zero oversight or restraint because maybe congress would have approved each individual action anyway? What other dictatorial powers should the president have?

Hey if you're right, the AUMF is useless so we could have just repealed it, right? And it would have made zero difference? Weird that there's so much opposition to repealing such a useless authorization from the forever war crowd like yourself...

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

Because ISIS is still there, you self righteous piece of poo poo?

Oh wait, sorry, I forgot that it was all about killing children just because it's fun. That's totally a reasonable position from someone who has even tried to understand the issue. I'm sure it's just coincidental that its literally word for word the stated belief of anti-choicers.

Oh, and a president cannot withdraw an open ended authorisation from Congress, they can just refuse to utilize it themselves, Congress has to end it. But when have you let things like facts and the meanings of words stop your attacks on Democrats?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Because ISIS is still there, you self righteous piece of poo poo?

You think we're slaughtering kids in Yemen because of ISIS?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

E: I don’t even disagree with you about executive power, just the bizarre shifting of blame on civilian deaths.

Trump is obviously to blame for atrocities Trump orders.

Actions have consequences though, there was no reason to put all that unaccountable unquestionable power in Trump's hands, none, except that the previous administration was more interested in expanding their own power to bomb anyone they wanted than in actually protecting our constitutional separation of powers, with horrifying consequences for everyone.

Also "well I murdered fewer kids than I had the ability to" is the kind of defense a sociopath would make fyi so maybe don't defend the US's collateral murder campaign with that it's a bad look.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

You think we're slaughtering kids in Yemen because of ISIS?

No, it wss to kill Al Qaeda members. Who I'm sure you believe were there to spread love and candy.

Oh, and cut that kids poo poo out, you disingenuous motherfucker. Even assuming the highest estimation of civilian casualties and lowest of AQ members killed, the terrorist deaths outnumber civilian ones four to one. But I'm sure Obama was aiming for the kids and just kept missing and accidentally killing Al Qaeda members.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

Yemen too right? And Lybia?

We should give the executive unaccountable power to launch wars and bomb who-the-gently caress-ever with zero oversight or restraint because maybe congress would have approved each individual action anyway? What other dictatorial powers should the president have?

Hey if you're right, the AUMF is useless so we could have just repealed it, right? And it would have made zero difference? Weird that there's so much opposition to repealing such a useless authorization from the forever war crowd like yourself...

Tell you what, I’ll go ahead and pretend I had a multi page argument with you in which you repeat the same stupid rear end supposition and I keep telling you how loving stupid it is, and that ends with me getting sick of arguing with a literal tankie twitter feed.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Can we stop dragging the good name of Isis through the mud? It's a pretty name derived from an actually pretty cool goddess.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Tell you what, I’ll go ahead and pretend I had a multi page argument with you in which you repeat the same stupid rear end supposition and I keep telling you how loving stupid it is, and that ends with me getting sick of arguing with a literal tankie twitter feed.

Can't actually find a good reason to defend the AUMF or our endless wars huh? I sympathize.

Fulchrum posted:

No, it wss to kill Al Qaeda members. Who I'm sure you believe were there to spread love and candy.
Lol yes obviously I love Al Qaeda that's the only reason someone might not be cool with endless pointless wars that have achieved nothing but more bloodshed and birthed more violent extremism, thanks Dick Cheney.

E: Btw we're in Yemen to help the Saudis expand their influence in the region and counter their/our foe Iran and we're helping them murder as many civilians as it takes to do it.

Fulchrum posted:

Oh, and cut that kids poo poo out, you disingenuous motherfucker. Even assuming the highest estimation of civilian casualties and lowest of AQ members killed, the terrorist deaths outnumber civilian ones four to one. But I'm sure Obama was aiming for the kids and just kept missing and accidentally killing Al Qaeda members.

I'm sure all those families are really glad Obama wasn't aiming for them and their kids only died because he didn't care if he hit them.

Trump would reason the same way.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 3, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

This is a good thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Remember, if you're 31 right now you're one of the first 31 year old Americans to live a majority of your life in a country at war since the 1780's!

• Locked thread