Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schmug
May 20, 2007

RabbitWizard posted:

No. Even if I could lift it, I wont work with that.

I like that it really looks like he has done it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Splicer posted:

New Spider-Man villains looking good

I think that's the new Iron Man bad guy actually.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

tangy yet delightful posted:

I think that's the new Iron Man bad guy actually.

The can-opener!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Crossfit routines are really starting to get out of hand.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Elon Musk is mentally stable. Nothing wrong whatsoever.

https://twitter.com/Tweetermeyer/status/1035543502157795329

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

This is possibly the most dangerous thing I've ever seen done in this thread.

Let me qualify better, the most dangerous thing on an individual level.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

what even is that thing? how are you supposed to use it?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

A tire filled with Oltermanni is basically unbreakable. That tire will be rolling here on its own blown by the winds of the supernova Sun after mankind has been long gone. After the Earth crumbles it will travel to far away galaxies and establish cultures on new worlds. Galactic civilizations will worship Oltermanni as the mild and creamy god that created them.

Ah, nothing will change...

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Hugh Malone posted:

It appears to be a concrete saw or similar device.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
Looks like a concrete or milling saw that has been modified/made to run on compressed air, with a concrete blade in it. You usually put it on something on the ground (or parallel to it), and go very slowly while wearing something to keep the poo poo flying off of it out of your lungs and skin.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Carbon dioxide posted:

Elon Musk is mentally stable. Nothing wrong whatsoever.

https://twitter.com/Tweetermeyer/status/1035543502157795329

He must be on acid a lot more than Banks said.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Should have told him to put his foot right there and turned the line back on.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Hugh Malone posted:

What this guy said basically:

Fasdar posted:

Looks like a concrete or milling saw that has been modified/made to run on compressed air, with a concrete blade in it. You usually put it on something on the ground (or parallel to it), and go very slowly while wearing something to keep the poo poo flying off of it out of your lungs and skin.

We used to use a similar one when I was doing foundation work, except it was a fair amount smaller. I highly doubt that's compressed air, they typically are hydraulic systems from what I've seen.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

MF_James posted:

What this guy said basically:

We used to use a similar one when I was doing foundation work, except it was a fair amount smaller. I highly doubt that's compressed air, they typically are hydraulic systems from what I've seen.

That makes more sense with those fittings. You are probably right.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

haveblue posted:

Should have told him to put his foot right there and turned the line back on.

That only works after you take the time to disable all the safety measures.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

MF_James posted:

That would explain the three lines; hydraulic supply, hydraulic return, and water.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

What the hell would cause that?!

lol i just realized this post is weeks old sorry but,

gasoline vapors in the engine compartment

a real actual motorboat with inboards and a built in gas tank will have an engine room blower fan that you should run for several minutes before starting up for this exact reason

jet-skis do not, obviously

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Mr. Apollo posted:

That would explain the three lines; hydraulic supply, hydraulic return, and water.

You are correct sir

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
I hope he's cutting into asbestos.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

shaggar :argh:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

The lonely matador struggled to make ends meet after bullfighting was banned

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/aI5IwVQ.mp4

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I'm the license plate :/

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Album of ordinance test fails.

https://i.imgur.com/tGBAsxz.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/fW8YNle.gifv

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I found a documentary on Youtube about bottling Coke, which includes some OSHA fun times around molten glass at 35:23:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TclUk6-63QQ&t=2123s

The whole thing is a pretty neat watch, but for the most part very safe and well regulated. Though Coke obviously isn't going to show footage of the night shift guys loving around on forklifts or anything.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Yawgmoth posted:

I see you have been to Minneapolis! We have all these loving bike lanes drawn, many with big reflective posts between the bike lane and car lane, and some roads with two bike lanes so they can have opposing traffic without dodging each other in the off chance there's two people on bikes both using the bikes lanes and going in opposite directions (lol). I've seen a grand total of three bikes in 5 years on those loving things. All the other bike riders go down the sidewalk while clipping elbows/shoulders, or down the car lane.
Living in St. Paul and driving through both cities frequently in the same time span and I'll never not see someone in the bike lanes when there's no snow on the ground. Especially during rush hour, you'll get dozens of bike commuters making great use of the bike lanes. The Twin Cities is one of the best places in the US for biking and I'm pretty drat sure the cities have years of observational data to back up usage.

I can only assume you only drive in the winter or are deliberately not looking for cyclists. Please don't hit me the next time I'm on the road!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/3TcW5JI.mp4

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Literal blue screen of death.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

That's weird, did someone try to hot glue a mineral to their hand for healing powers or...?

Platystemon posted:

It’s asbestos.

:smith:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

https://www.redorbit.com/news/business/539321/madera_train_wreck_injures_5_railroad_crew_workers_jump_from/

quote:

Three railroad crewmen leapt from a freight train just before it slammed into another train around dawn Wednesday, shutting down one of the state’s main rail lines while workers untangled the wreckage and repaired the tracks.

Five railroad workers were injured. The three who jumped to safety suffered lesser injuries than the others, according to the Madera County Sheriff’s Department. All are expected to survive.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/T22LOXK.mp4

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

schmug
May 20, 2007

i am not missing the irony here

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Tired of winning?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

so if there's not a continuous axel what would cause both the right and left to fail simultaneously?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
How the gently caress would they have figured out which side to jump off of?

Bip Roberts posted:

so if there's not a continuous axel what would cause both the right and left to fail simultaneously?

Awesomeness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bip Roberts posted:

He was getting onto the brakes when this happened. I wonder if some computer controlled whirlydo clamped the brakes hard enough to bust the control arms.