Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Decius posted:

That's the non charging grip.

Why would it have electronics if it was just a dumb dock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

HyperPuma posted:

i just watched some snipper clips gameplay for the first time and it doesnt look that good honestly. the puzzles seem pretty simplistic

Mods?!?!

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Infinitum posted:

Why would it have electronics if it was just a dumb dock?

It has an indicator for the battery level, but unlike the charging grip it doesn't have a USB-port. Don't ask me why Nintendo even built that thing instead of just a charging grip, but I guess it means 50 Cents saved per Switch and potentially millions of additional grips sold for 30 bucks a piece. Over that fawning over Nintendo, never forget, that they love to poo poo on their customers.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

HyperPuma posted:

i just watched some snipper clips gameplay for the first time and it doesnt look that good honestly. the puzzles seem pretty simplistic

How dare you.

Most of what I've seen so far (not much, maybe 3 puzzles? Don't wanna "spoil" it) looks simple, yeah, but that's if I'm envisioning it as a single player game. I think the fun and challenge comes in the teamwork and communication.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i guess talking to another person could be considered a challenge by some

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i thought youd have to put some actual thought into how you shape your guys, which im sure you can do to make it easier, but in that video someone posted a few pages back they were kinda just able to bumble through everything by just taking random chunks out of each other

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

HyperPuma posted:

i thought youd have to put some actual thought into how you shape your guys, which im sure you can do to make it easier, but in that video someone posted a few pages back they were kinda just able to bumble through everything by just taking random chunks out of each other

I'm assuming it's just because they're playing the intro levels and the later ones will be a much more difficult endeavour.

Otherwise, what's the point?

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

I'm excited to play snipperclips of the sofa with the girlfriend. That makes it worth a purchase for me imo. Even if it ends up with me getting progressively redder in the face and struggling to control my voice as we fail to complete the simplest of puzzles.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Otherwise, what's the point?

i think youre meant to play it with a nontechnical woman or child

perhaps while also looking them in the eye

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Zelda looks dumb too. It's just him running around in a field.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

agreed but im saving that hot take until its confirmed to have no content

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
snickersplips

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Mahoning posted:

Zelda looks dumb too. It's just him running around in a field.

Please don't jinx it. I mean, look at Final Fantasy XV, a game which has had like twice the time and fan base size to build hype, and the entire world is just like rural Arizona with a couple castles in it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yo but seriously, does the Switch come with a charging grip pack-in or not?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Infinitum posted:

Yo but seriously, does the Switch come with a charging grip pack-in or not?

No, it's just a plastic grip in the box. The same as the sold-separately charging version minus the charging part.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Decius posted:

It has an indicator for the battery level, but unlike the charging grip it doesn't have a USB-port. Don't ask me why Nintendo even built that thing instead of just a charging grip, but I guess it means 50 Cents saved per Switch and potentially millions of additional grips sold for 30 bucks a piece. Over that fawning over Nintendo, never forget, that they love to poo poo on their customers.

The "indicator" is just clear plastic light-piping for the indicator lights built into the Joycon rails. No electronics at all.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Snipperclips end game puzzles are going to melt the brain of forums poster HyperPuma and he will die, is my prediction

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

ill save the final ones for my dog and the neighbor's toddler to tackle

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I was going to take a large pass on 1, 2 Switch but realized my kids would probably love it. It's $50, right?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I was going to take a large pass on 1, 2 Switch but realized my kids would probably love it. It's $50, right?

$40 if you have Amazon Prime and you preorder

Spellman
May 31, 2011

To that guy who's first in line for a switch in NYC, how does he know half a million people in other towns with their own Best Buy's aren't getting there at the exact same time as him, or earlier because of the Canadian maritimes

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spellman posted:

To that guy who's first in line for a switch in NYC, how does he know half a million people in other towns with their own Best Buy's aren't getting there at the exact same time as him, or earlier because of the Canadian maritimes

He doesn't actually care, he just wants people to watch his videos and talk about him, which we're doing.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Snipperclips looks awesome but I'll never get it because I have no one to play it with, boo hoo :cry:

The Bloop posted:

I actually think it would be a mistake if it happened any time soon. They'd have to wait at least a year if not two or they risk product confusion and frustration.

They can do an expansion-pack thing that is clearly an upgrade at a later time, which might be a good holdover before releasing a new console.

It really might come down to the numbers after a certain amount of time. They should be able to tell from software sales and usage reports if Switch got a better penetration into the home console or the portable market, as this will likely make the difference in what upgrades are worthwhile.

Oh yeah, 2-3 years down the line then start doing little upgrades, maybe a dock for those who like to stay at home and a tablet for those who play on the go.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Well he already isn't getting the first one since some neogafer already got one. He's just trying to get lots of subscribers for his channel so people can watch whatever dumb crap he's going to make in the coming months. The only thing he will be able to accomplish is being the first to get a Switch at that particular store, which doesn't matter to anyone but him and that triforce guy. I doubt he'll even be first because he couldn't even get the first NES classic out of that shipment the store got.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

I think it's more likely that they'll make a Switch Lite. No dock, non-detachable Joycons and not quite as powerful, but only 200-ish. Perfect for children and people who are only going to play it on commutes and such.

That doesn't make any sense. The switch only gets a few hours of play time before it needs to be charged. It wouldn't be able to play any of the local multiplayer games. The DS Lite was the same as the DS, just smaller. It still had all the same capabilities. Nintendo isn't going market a shittier system that can't play half the games.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

i guess talking to another person could be considered a challenge by some

lol

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this:

https://twitter.com/BjoernTheSmexy/status/832419152740626433

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Is Game Stop doing a midnight release for this?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Comes up once a page.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

*in extreme Jivjov voice* it was always like this

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
eshop... eshop never changes.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Reinanigans posted:

Is Game Stop doing a midnight release for this?

Some are some aren't, I called my local one and they told me they wouldn't know until the week before.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Doesn't say anything about a different console. Could still be exactly how it is on 3DS, except they won't take your money on the Switch without an account.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

HyperPuma posted:

i think youre meant to play it with a nontechnical woman or child

perhaps while also looking them in the eye

Yeah take that! Women!

Random snipping has a low chance of working!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gorgolflox posted:

Some are some aren't, I called my local one and they told me they wouldn't know until the week before.

It must be weird living in the US for poo poo like this, everything is spelt out clear as day here in Aus.

Midnight launch :toot:

But we don't have our own Amazon yet for deep-rear end discounts :negative:
(Well we do, but they just sell kindle books)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Kindle books are good, you should buy some, imo

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

NNID has been doing this since December 2013

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Dr Cheeto posted:

NNID has been doing this since December 2013

And have also been anchored to one console since then too

This implies you won't have to call Nintendo to get access to stuff you've paid for should your console break or get stolen

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

enojy posted:

With the way every console manufacturer is behaving these days, combined with the modular nature of the Switch, I'd be more surprised if there wasn't a Switch Pro in approximately two years. I'd embrace it if there was a tablet-only SKU that worked with the existing dock and Joy-Cons, but I'd be kinda bummed if they only put out a full-priced bundle. It'll probably be a bundle. I'm a dum-dum for Nintendo poo poo so I'll probably buy it anyway.

That's certainly possible. The PS4 Pro has done pretty well, which I'm sure Nintendo has noticed and may want to capitalise on. Still, I'd be more excited by an actual successor with a powerful Xavier Tegra, probably capable of PS4 visuals or better when docked. Though I suppose if they weren't updating the Joy-Cons or the dock or anything, the difference between Switch Pro and Switch 2/Super Switch would be a matter of degree.

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

I think it's more likely that they'll make a Switch Lite. No dock, non-detachable Joycons and not quite as powerful, but only 200-ish. Perfect for children and people who are only going to play it on commutes and such.

The thing that makes me question these theories wherever they come up is, would they really release a device called the Switch-*something* when it couldn't actually switch? I really feel like building that feature right into the name made it clear that they wouldn't want to give it up in a later model. Not to mention some games that may be built around using the two individual Joy-Cons, which wouldn't be workable. People could get mad about that if they bought the game and found it didn't work right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
edit: meant to post this in the chat thread

• Locked thread