Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Acquire Currency! posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that the Xbox shark tank thread is this forums helldump and that thread is crazy bad

yea i forgot that we had that thread

the other helldump thread is occasionally funny to read, the shark tank thread has a lot of white noise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

yo your huge anime avatar is annoying and gay and the fact that its so enormous draws more attention to your pretty boring posts so im going to change it to garbage dick every time you post in games aight

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Nah, Kewpuh is a most chill mod. The prospect of a hellthread in Games is actually doable with him overseeing the forum, but it would also certainly be junk because a bunch of Games posters would be posting in it.

i dont gas threads but i can assure you that it will rightly get trolled so badly that nobody will want to post in it

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
It's funny from time to time. Anyone look at Super Galaxy Squadron? It looks like it could fill my shmup desires.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's saying you don't like something and then there's buying something just to savagely take it down. If you don't want something you shouldn't buy it imo.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kewpuh posted:

yo your huge anime avatar is annoying and gay and the fact that its so enormous draws more attention to your pretty boring posts so im going to change it to garbage dick every time you post in games aight

i dont agree with it but hell i gotta respect it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kewpuh posted:

i dont gas threads but i can assure you that it will rightly get trolled so badly that nobody will want to post in it

this is the best thing about your moderation, you let idiots own themselves and i like that

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

also i'm assuming that you probably paid cash money to change it back to this stupid thing so in an act of charitable mod duty you can link me one that follows avatar guideline and ill change it to that instead of garbage dick

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Awesome! posted:

i dont agree with it but hell i gotta respect it

eh my point is that people with huge avatars that dont follow whatever the avatar restrictions that lowtax set implies that theres some sort of stupid favoritism involved with the particular poster or some sort of being special compared to everyone else and gently caress that poo poo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I phone post a lot so all your avs look the same to me!

Yo if anyone has played Icewind Dale I need silver swords I think. I got two shades that become impervious to physical hits and I run out of magic. I mean where can I get some or something like that

frank.club fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 23, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Acquire Currency! posted:

I phone post a lot so all your avs look the same to me!

Yo if anyone has played Icewind Dale I need silver swords I think. I got two shades that become impervious to physical hits and I run out of magic

Man I haven't played IWD in like 12 years, who the gently caress is gonna remember that.

Also lol AD&D rules right?

Oh god is it on Steam don't tempt me

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

WarLocke posted:

I thought it has an enhanced edition.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you're talking about Icewind Dale, yes it is on Steam for :20bux:.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if serious but you might need a magic weapon. Sword +1 is totally different from Sword.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WarLocke posted:

Man I haven't played IWD in like 12 years, who the gently caress is gonna remember that.

Also lol AD&D rules right?

Yeah the Enhanced Edition is on steam. I got it after playing Grimrock 2 cause that game owns and I heard this one was a classic. It's my first experience with AD&D outside of the modified Morrowind mechanics, single use spells suck lol. But it's pretty fun otherwise.

anilEhilated posted:

Not sure if serious but you might need a magic weapon. Sword +1 is totally different from Sword.

I'm completely for real! I figured I'd have to either find a magic weapon or get a spell that magicked my weapon. The weird thing is that I've noticed they take a few hits sometimes before becoming impervious.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 23, 2015

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I was told my 120GB SSD might interest you guys as a Steam drive: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3696413

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

CJacobs posted:

The non-enhanced edition is on GoG for $10 and also goes on sale all the loving time. From what I've heard, the only meaningful addition to the enhanced one is higher resolution support, but that can easily be solved in the original release with a mod.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thingyman posted:

The non-enhanced edition is on GoG for $10 and also goes on sale all the loving time. From what I've heard, the only meaningful addition to the enhanced one is higher resolution support, but that can easily be solved in the original release with a mod.

drat wish I had been told this. Oh well it's still a really good game

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Kewpuh posted:

also i'm assuming that you probably paid cash money to change it back to this stupid thing so in an act of charitable mod duty you can link me one that follows avatar guideline and ill change it to that instead of garbage dick

This was bound to happen eventually and it was fun while it lasted so i accept your terms, and i'll PM you when i decide on an avatar i want next, as i continue the cycle of death and rebirth

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i am at the end of the first square logic area and i think i have about 5000 puzzles unlocked.

the hard ones arent very hard yet though so i'll probably just keep pushing on to the next level

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Thingyman posted:

The enhanced edition also has Baldur's Gate 2 style kits and working multiplayer.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Awesome! posted:

i am at the end of the first square logic area and i think i have about 5000 puzzles unlocked.

the hard ones arent very hard yet though so i'll probably just keep pushing on to the next level

It's a very slow burn, but a good one.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
On one hand, gently caress Origin. On the other, free games:

Mirror's Edge Origi* Key
4Y4C-CGR7-L3Y9-NRCY-FZS*

*attlefield 3 Origin Key
HZEE-MJCV-C8EF-H*3E-J87B

Command & Conquer: Re* Alert 3 - Uprising Origin Key
4GVV-9AN6-9G9R-Z5W9-MCK*

Crysis 2 M*ximum Edition Origin Key
BPA*-RRMP-6DGJ-7HEE-9957

B*rnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key
8*UC-75MX-EW85-3FCP-NWS5

Med*l of Honor Origin Key
CHM5-HA3L-7DEC-BKKQ-*AYX

Dead Spa*e Origin Key
97W6-VW72-8*ND-N9K3-GART

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Why not put that in the giveaways thread in PGS, that way the keys aren't just snaked by some lurker?

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
I ended up picking up Toxikk solo and it's a fun, frantic little game. Haven't tried online yet, did a short comp-stomp. The weapons, from what little I tried 'em, felt fine and varied enough, tho it's way too early to tell just how good or bad they are. The "early access" part means there's only one map and two game types, though.

As for online (someone in the Toxikk thread asked about it), there were around 20+ servers with more than 6/8 people on 'em. Around 50 servers or so total.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

But Not Tonight posted:

Why not put that in the giveaways thread in PGS, that way the keys aren't just snaked by some lurker?

why not let people do nice things however they wanna do em?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

keys get lurked from that thread just as much anyway

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

CJacobs posted:

I will say it:

The Icewind Dale games are more fun than the BG games. Call me insane, but you all know it is true.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Awesome! posted:

keys get lurked from that thread just as much anyway

While true, at least they go to legit SA members.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Who then probably resell them to non-goons, so it doesn't really matter which thread you post to.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
goons are somehow special, you see, because :10bux:

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

SilverMike posted:

Who then probably resell them to non-goons, so it doesn't really matter which thread you post to.

lol sure

What a fuckin derail though, forget I said anything at all 'cause you guys are coming out of the woodwork over a simple suggestion.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i resent the implication that i was in the woodwork at all

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

i resent the implication that i was in the woodwork at all

At some point we all came from the woodwork. :aaaaa:

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
Just trying to hook people up, sorry I guess :shrug:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

monny posted:

Just trying to hook people up, sorry I guess :shrug:

it's cool dude. post codes wherever you want.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Steam is an excellent program that I enjoy using. :11tea:

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Play Echoes +.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I loving LOVE video games on Steam...not so sure about these anime tits though... :what:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I will embrace all anime titty games sent my way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Phobophilia posted:

I will embrace all anime titty games sent my way.

• Locked thread