Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Verranicus posted:

So wait, what -are- POTD and Aquapolis? Are either gonna be able to be done solo? There are goons on Balmung but I've been having wacky playtimes recently when not many people are online.

POTD is going to be solo-able, but they've also said that going Solo is hardcore hard mode and you should probably get your start at it in a group.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, the final boss of weeping city is going to be Calofisteri from FF5 of all things. That's an odd choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Palace of the Dead is the one where your gear level doesn't actually count in the dungeon, right? When you enter you start at level one and it has it's own leveling and weapons that is specific to that dungeon, right?

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Verranicus posted:

So wait, what -are- POTD and Aquapolis? Are either gonna be able to be done solo? There are goons on Balmung but I've been having wacky playtimes recently when not many people are online.
Hi there, fellow Balmung goon!

As for content, huh. Even more content for when I inevitably hit 60 just by slowly chugging along. I've been taking it super slow and just chillaxing through this whole ride. Not even 60 in something yet. Will hop onto the discord. Maybe.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

I gave up and transferred to Excal just now. :toot:

Yay! Now join the coolest FC which is clearly

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

a kitten posted:

you're too late, we've already poached them

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I just discovered last night that Tony DiTerlizzi took inspiration from Yoshitaka Amoro when making the art for Planescape, and now I can't stop trying to imagine every Final Fantasy character as drawn by Tony.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

I'm joining TPT because everything I've seen on FFgoons leads me to believe it's going to be FC least filled with "ironic" homophobic jokes.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Any idea when the new patch is actually coming out?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

June 6 and 7 there doing emergency matience so i expect somewhere near that.

I have all the time in the world this week but how long will it take to grind 1 million mgp for Fenrier?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Omnicrom posted:

Also, unless I'm mistaken, the final boss of weeping city is going to be Calofisteri from FF5 of all things. That's an odd choice.
It's Fiesta season!

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm joining TPT because everything I've seen on FFgoons leads me to believe it's going to be FC least filled with "ironic" homophobic jokes.

What led you to this conclusion?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Verranicus posted:

Any idea when the new patch is actually coming out?

June 7 - was confirmed on the news post for the launch trailer.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
The new dungeon tank set looks to have a cape, it's about loving time...hopefully the set doesn't look like poo otherwise. With the cape and the Mach tank set, it's a good patch for new tank glamours.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Chairman posted:

ASCII penises are insanely homophobic.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i mean i look down on anyone that's in dgkk as a matter of principle and also because doing so is part of the right and natural order of the world

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

ASCII penises are insanely homophobic.

Is it monday yet

More Hildibrand, this is a Good patch.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Velthice posted:

i mean i look down on anyone that's in dgkk as a matter of principle and also because doing so is part of the right and natural order of the world

Jealousy doesn't become you.

:colbert:

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Was that Succubus in PotD following the party and helping? Huh. Wonder if there's any plot ties to Haukke Manor.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

E: I shall never reveal the Wu Tang secret.:ssh:

So, that's a no, no one uses it, then? Because there's barely anyone in it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Chairman posted:

The lack of goon jokes in the FC profile and the fact that the only outstanding probation in the probations thread is someone kicked from TPT for racism/rape jokes. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 27, 2016

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

The lack of dumb goon jokes in the FC profile and the fact that the only outstanding probation in the probations thread is someone kicked from TPT for racism/rape jokes. :v:

I think the more obvious conclusion there is that no one's been poo poo in PBC/DGKK recently?

I've been in DGKK for a pretty long time and I've never seen anything bad.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Velthice posted:

But DGKK has Baph in it, I heard he was a cool dude,

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
More generally, the FC join thread says to join TPT if you're new, so I joined TPT.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dgkk is good and chill, as is pbc and presumably tpt.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Yeah, the worst thing I've seen in DGKK was Neverlose Bearcharger hammering that veiny dick macro of his, but that more annoying than anything else. I've never seen anyone make "ironic" -ism jokes. I saw people talking about someone whining because they got thrown in kitty jail for that kinda crap, but even that was ages ago.

DGKK is a chill FC with "tastefully" named airships.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

dmboogie posted:

I think the more obvious conclusion there is that no one's been poo poo in PBC/DGKK recently?

What are you, new?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

More generally, the FC join thread says to join TPT if you're new, so I joined TPT.

It's a good choice, the point is you're as (un)likely to find that sort of poo poo in any of them.

Crosspostin'

a kitten posted:

They're p much all the same. In theory Please Be Careful is the most "serious" one with regards to progression, Dragon God Knight Kings is more laid back and silly, and Third Party Tools is for newer players and old pros who want to help them out.

In practice all three are very much the same. There's piles of people in any of the three at any given time.

Actual differences: PBC has the biggest house, DGKK's house is funkier and infested with tonberries, TPT's house is in a much prettier district.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

It's a good choice, the point is you're as (un)likely to find that sort of poo poo in any of them.

I'm glad.

Also real estate quality is highly important to me, so it sounds like I picked right.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm glad.

Also real estate quality is highly important to me, so it sounds like I picked right.

You picked wrong. Tonberries are cool and the only thing that matters is the FC name. :colbert:

Nah I'm just kiddin, welcome to Excal. :haw:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
The more important thing about the FCs is we need a current LS for company crosstalk and organizing. Unless there is one already and you jerks haven't invited ol' Baph (who is rumored to be baller) :argh:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Would a single LS even be big enough for all the FCs to be in?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

A Link Shell has a lower capacity of a single FC (128 vs 512) and it would be mad chaos anyways

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Lemon-Lime posted:

Would a single LS even be big enough for all the FCs to be in?

Well, I wouldn't suggest a single encompassing LS as a LS wouldn't be big enough; perhaps a LS for morning, noon and night? If you know you're on a consistent time (I play daily for a couple of hours each night), join up for that LS.

Overall just more FC crosstalk would be better.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I imagine the discord server would serve that better.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Thyrork posted:

I imagine the discord server would serve that better.

Can't Discord from ingame, though. :v:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

DGKK is a loving, peaceful FC, and those that insult it should be beheaded :jihad:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Oh man finally cleared those twenty sight seeing locations, I guess there going to give me another set for Mor Donna and Cortheus but that's fine, I'm just glad I'm done with these areas

HERE'S 60 MORE

uh poo poo my guide says the closest thing to be is Blue Badger Gate in Girdania which is umm

gently caress off

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Patch 3.3 is looking sweet. I'll be resubbing for it.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

Can't Discord from ingame, though. :v:

It's ok as discord is pretty empty anyways. Hello new friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Oh man finally cleared those twenty sight seeing locations, I guess there going to give me another set for Mor Donna and Cortheus but that's fine, I'm just glad I'm done with these areas

HERE'S 60 MORE

uh poo poo my guide says the closest thing to be is Blue Badger Gate in Girdania which is umm

gently caress off

That's nothing compared to this:

• Locked thread