Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
... you paint his toes red

:D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

MehrTentakelnBitte posted:

I went down a quick, spiraling rabbit hole trying to remember what the sheep tree was called (vegetable lamb or barometz), instantly remembered barometz is has an MGE entry :blush:, but googling to confirm that spit out "cibotium barometz" aka the golden chicken fern :confused:

...so yeah, now I have a terrible urge to retexture all the fruit trees into animal trees.
Apricot -> Sheep
Cherry -> Cow
Orange -> Goat
Peach -> Pig
Apple -> Chicken (golden?)
Pom -> Rabbit
Banana -> Ostrich
Mango -> Dinosaur

Thoughts?
There's not enough fruit trees to squeeze ducks in... I also can't visualize some of these without it getting real weird (like the cherry cow), but I'm absolutely making a vegetable lambpricot :3:

Thoughts: yes

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

MehrTentakelnBitte posted:

, but I'm absolutely making a vegetable lambpricot :3:

Reading forums through text to speech, instructions unclear, created horrible parasitic fruit with gaping circular mouth and rasping teeth

but don't let this stop you

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

It's always the same thing at these barebecues: squashbeef and hamberries. Branch out a little ya know, have you seen the marbling on black cherry steaks? It's crazy.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
gently caress off, Pam.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Selling Pierre mayo, and only mayo, so that's all he can stock and he becomes known as Mayo Pierre.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Yes, I did have the crafting recipe for Ancient Seeds, thank you.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Wheeeee! Made it to Ginger Island for the first time. New topography and mysteries, yesssss.

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
I started a meadow farm to try out the new stuff, and I realized that I've never seen the 14 heart events for any of the marriage candidates, since I just went with Crobus in the last major patch. I'm giving that polyamory mod, PolySweet, a try, so I can grind out everyone's endings at once without a ton of divorces.

Do I have to keep the weird mermaid lady if I'm only interested in the normal marriage partners? Her portrait is fine, but her sprite is kinda :dumb: and her proportions are really out of place. Can I just disable her part of the mod, or do I need the items she sells to make the mod work?

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
I tell Penny that I want a large family, but I don't think she knows what I mean....

Yak Shaves Dot Com fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 10, 2024

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yak Shaves Dot Com posted:

I started a meadow farm to try out the new stuff, and I realized that I've never seen the 14 heart events for any of the marriage candidates, since I just went with Crobus in the last major patch. I'm giving that polyamory mod, PolySweet, a try, so I can grind out everyone's endings at once without a ton of divorces.

Do I have to keep the weird mermaid lady if I'm only interested in the normal marriage partners? Her portrait is fine, but her sprite is kinda :dumb: and her proportions are really out of place. Can I just disable her part of the mod, or do I need the items she sells to make the mod work?
She's mostly just a convenient place to buy bouquets and pendants, her versions apparently play nicer with other mods. The regular ones works fine. Her sprite isn't great and neither is her dialog but you can ignore her.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I was looking into that too. She’s also required to friend for perfection and her having her own buggy little place on the minecarts is annoying. Been trying to think up the politest way to ask for her removal on the mod page. Give the stuff to the Old Mariner or like. Birdie. if you have to give it to anyone.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
İ got to floor 100 in the skull mines for the first time!! I've been playing since 1.4 and have done pretty much everything else except that. Everything lined up just right and i had enough time to get on the bus back home before i passed out. Admittedly i passed out right at the stardew bus stop but it still counts.

Afterwards i thought it would make me less motivated to play but that's very much not the case lol. Now I'm doing the other thing I've somehow never engaged with in this game: the romance system. Bouquet is headed your way Shane~

This is also my first time playing on the non default farm. İ chose riverlands this time and it's been really fun! I'm using the little islands as natural sectioning of my coops/barns away from my orchards and farmlands, with most of the main island dedicated to high value crops and manufacturing processes.

This is also a mostly non-wiki run; it's freeing to not have access to the optimal layouts and greatest money making schemes. I'm just a farmer, not a hustler. :feelsgood:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Bomrek posted:

İ got to floor 100 in the skull mines for the first time!! I've been playing since 1.4 and have done pretty much everything else except that. Everything lined up just right and i had enough time to get on the bus back home before i passed out. Admittedly i passed out right at the stardew bus stop but it still counts.

Do you have access to farm warp totems? Very handy for pushing the skull cavern and warping out at 1:40

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The penalty for passing out at 2AM is 1,000G. Chump change if you're deep in the skull cavern. Just descend 'til you drop.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Yeah, but what if somebody steals my prismatic sword?

Why do I care if it's raining in ginger island, by the way?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

one or two of the coconut puzzles require rainy day visits. also i guess hypothetically you might be growing something there without sprinklers or retaining soil for some reason?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

The penalty for passing out at 2AM is 1,000G. Chump change if you're deep in the skull cavern. Just descend 'til you drop.

sorry that's not as badass as warping out at the last moment and powersliding into bed at 1:50

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yeah, but what if somebody steals my prismatic sword?

You only lose items if you get dropped to zero HP and even then I don't think you can lose weapons/tools.

As for ginger island rain there are four birds that spawn to help you with a golden walnut quest.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

With death you can't lose tools but you definitely can lose weapons.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
İ have certainly lost weapons before, yeah. Earlier in this save i had to choose between my bug sword and the stack of all the coal i had found this far. Brutal!

İ chose the coal

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Gully Foyle posted:

I've never really found an issue getting enough wood by the time I have a dire need for it, or I'll be limited by something else like coal/oak resin/metal. Between leaving a large patch of wild trees on the farm (now with mushroom logs) and making trips through the town and desert, there's lots of wood to go around.

Can't emphasize enough about leaving trees on the farm. I see so many people clearing out the entire farm as soon as possible.
It makes more sense to clear out bush/logs/grass and any side-by-side saplings. That way you have a constant source of growing tree wood/seed for the first year until you actually need to clear out the space to grow.

Then, once you have seed, turn the desert into a forrest and get to chopping :black101:

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
The train station is made for tree nursery. Not the desert! Too far!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I usually plant my first year trees in the forest.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

The train station is made for tree nursery. Not the desert! Too far!

I never plant trees outside the farm. It feels way too invasive on other people's enjoyment of an area. The only thing I put outside my farm are crab pots, and maybe a chest or two in strategic locations.

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

I put the golden Lewis statue in front of his house for the whole world to see what an awful human being he is. He even yells at you and tries to bribe you the first time you do this

Also Krobus gets the Iridium Krobus statue to look at.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I put it on my front porch, if he says something to me about it I'll tell him I made it myself because I just admire him that goshdarn much.

Or if I've married Leah we'll tell him she made it, even more reasonable doubt!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I put the Mayor Lewis statue in my children's bedroom for much the same reason that people in the Soviet Union used to put up portraits of Lenin and Stalin

Because mustaches are cool

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Y2 Summer 13 was good.

* My daughter was born, the day before my wife's birthday.
* Got the last item I needed to finish the community center, also netting me the greenhouse.
* (Mastery spoiler) Got the "First three fish are easier to catch" buff, which let me catch my first legend.
* Made close to 50k in gold, which considering I'm playing far from optimized is pretty drat good!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

I was looking into that too. She’s also required to friend for perfection and her having her own buggy little place on the minecarts is annoying. Been trying to think up the politest way to ask for her removal on the mod page. Give the stuff to the Old Mariner or like. Birdie. if you have to give it to anyone.

There is a setting to disable her, IIRC. But I will say, that person did not really take the flood of people asking for that feature well, even though they did finally add it. There's a passive aggressive sad face emoji on the patch note where they made her configurable even.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Midnight Voyager posted:

There is a setting to disable her, IIRC. But I will say, that person did not really take the flood of people asking for that feature well, even though they did finally add it. There's a passive aggressive sad face emoji on the patch note where they made her configurable even.

Honestly, that’s a clear win for sanity and decency. It puts the modder head and shoulders ahead of the crowd.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 10, 2024

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LLSix posted:

Honestly, that’s a clear win for sanity and decency. It puts the modder head and shoulders ahead of the crowd.

It took a flood of feedback and a bunch of people aggressively defending them and dropping made up terms like "two cakes" as if everyone knew them. (you see, having two mods that do the same thing is like having two cakes and if you don't like one cake, get the other cake etc etc etc) It got to the level of a minor stupid community drama.

my curse is stubbing my toe on any given dumb modding community drama I get anywhere within a mile of.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 10, 2024

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

That’s not even what “two cakes” means. Two cakes is a saying in fanart/fanfic circles that basically means “if you’re working on a piece of fanart/fanfic and then find someone else has posted something with the same concept and you think they did it better, you should :justpost: anyway because the audience is just going to be happy to have two of whatever”.

It’s a reference to this comic:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Being the Lex Luthor of the valley, I would simply steal both cakes. Thats as many as two ones.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Leal posted:

Being the Lex Luthor of the valley, I would simply steal both cakes. Thats as many as two ones.

And that's terrible.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

It’s a reference to this comic:

Any cake knower will know the cake on the left is likely to be way better.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I would simply install the "two cakes" mod.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Cake is bad. Pie supremacy

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I skipped the cake tutorial and my inventory is just flour, eggs, sugar? What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The cakes are a lie.