Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Ana, hog, hanzo for life. No one wants to come close enough to get hooked, you've got the sleep dart, good healing and at some point the Hanzo's gonna hit a bullshit scatter arrow or knock someones teeth out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Would Zenyatta be good on 3s? His ability to heal with simultaneously throwing out lots of damage seems like it would be especially good with smaller teams as you have only have two possible healing targets.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
In 3's I found success in Pharah/Mercy/Sombra.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Kashuno posted:

Would Zenyatta be good on 3s? His ability to heal with simultaneously throwing out lots of damage seems like it would be especially good with smaller teams as you have only have two possible healing targets.

I feel like Zen's a little too vulnerable to being picked by Tracers and the like.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I'm loving the Sombra hate in Comp on PS4. Had a little conversation with a deep south good ol' boy today:

Him "Great! Another person using a character no one knows how to play in comp!"
Me "Yeah I would feel the same except that person has four silvers."
Him "Anyone can get kills off the point!"
Me "One of them is Objective Kills."
Him "So you kill one and run off the point! You're not helping anyone!"
Me "Another is Objective Time."
Him "You're still making us lose!"

Like, I can sympathize with being upset at a Widow/Hanjo/Symmetra/Torbjorn offense team, but being angry about a DPS in KoTH? I don't get that at all.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I love sombra because it's an easy kill for Mei

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I feel like that is a case of whoever gets the drop on the other normally wins that one, but that's the same with a lot of characters. And again, if you are playing with an enemy Mei and you're far enough away from your team that you get caught out alone then you kind of deserve it.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Away all Goats posted:

Sombra: "Knowledge is power, that is why I became a hacker"

*shoots a robot monk in the face with a submachine gun*

You can take the Sombra out of Juarez but you can never take the Juarez out of Sombra.

Also played a 3s match where the enemy team went D.Va, Bastion, Ana. D.Va sat in front of Bastion holding right click while Ana hid in the corner shooting them with healing darts and Bastion shot at everything that moved. We were not equipped to handle it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i liked the funny angry joke post

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Better to be bad at video games than mad at video games.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Better to be bad at video games than mad at video games.

im either sad or glad at video games

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

im either sad or glad at video games

Im rad at them

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
hi im vlad at video games coming to you live drom my castle turret

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Overwatch is just a fad

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

6v6 no limits is fun when you're Phara and the other team has 3 Sombras.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Gotta say the Soldier 76 changes are pretty noticeable. I didn't think it would change much but he's pretty loving mean now.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Gotta say the Soldier 76 changes are pretty noticeable. I didn't think it would change much but he's pretty loving mean now.

+3 damage is pretty massive for him because it hits a breakpoint in dealing with all characters and he can legitimately end the vast majority of the cast in roughly a second now. I still think he's overshadowed by McCree but you definitely aren't hamstringing your team by bringing Soldier now and there are legitimate scenarios where it's better to bring him over McCree, like having a Mei or Roadhog to handle CC, and he's better at applying pressure on a point.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
The Brawl for when a character first comes out should just be one player is randomly forced to play that character and everything else is exactly normal.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

1v1 is fun unless it's Sym, Bastion, or Winston. Winston is a complete crapshoot on who wins, I've gone in with friends and we both fire at the same time, sometimes he wins, sometimes I do. Other than that I think it's a blast and really helps hone how to play a character. 3v3 is probably my new favorite mode, but maybe because I mostly play Roadhog anyway.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Fenarisk posted:

1v1 is fun unless it's Sym, Bastion, or Winston. Winston is a complete crapshoot on who wins, I've gone in with friends and we both fire at the same time, sometimes he wins, sometimes I do. Other than that I think it's a blast and really helps hone how to play a character. 3v3 is probably my new favorite mode, but maybe because I mostly play Roadhog anyway.

Winston is actually really good cause it forces you to dance around your barrier and gauge whether its better to punch or left click, both of which are super important in actual games

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Opposing Farce posted:

I feel like Zen's a little too vulnerable to being picked by Tracers and the like.
Tracer doesn't show up much in 3s in my experience. Also the secret reward of playing zen is demolishing Tracers and Sombras who think they can kill you for free with discord headshots

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

terrified of my bathroom posted:

Winston is actually really good cause it forces you to dance around your barrier and gauge whether its better to punch or left click, both of which are super important in actual games

Winston's gun goes through barriers, doesn't it? So it's meaningless in 1v1, and punching does less DPS than sustaining fire. To me the 1v1 is all about use of the jump, both to initiate with extra damage and escape when you need to reload.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Winston in arcade No Limits just wrecks right now. So many Sombra/Tracer/Genji/Widow players to leap on and harass.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

DrSeRRoD posted:

Winston in arcade No Limits just wrecks right now. So many Sombra/Tracer/Genji/Widow players to leap on and harass.

Basically any team that can muster up a lucio and a winston will stomp pretty effortlessly right now. It's a great sense of schadenfreude to shut down people just trying to learn Sombra.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

The secret to 3v3 is Mei is bae.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I love how angry people are getting about people playing Sombra, like how else are you supposed to learn a character a day old?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I just like all the people in qp that leave when someone else slam picks sombra before they can. do they not realize that the arcade mode has no hero limits? if you're willing to not play the game at all to get to sombra, you should be willing to play against 6 of them

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

IronicDongz posted:

Tracer doesn't show up much in 3s in my experience. Also the secret reward of playing zen is demolishing Tracers and Sombras who think they can kill you for free with discord headshots

I agree with this. It doesn't work when I'm having an off day, but when our back line is complaining about a Tracer I often swap with one of them as Zen and that's the end of that problem.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

^burtle posted:

I love how angry people are getting about people playing Sombra, like how else are you supposed to learn a character a day old?

not in comp

Internet Explorer posted:

I agree with this. It doesn't work when I'm having an off day, but when our back line is complaining about a Tracer I often swap with one of them as Zen and that's the end of that problem.

All this means is that they're bad Tracers even by comparison to your own skill. Zenyatta is the second-easiest if not the easiest support to kill. Ana is a million times more likely to kill you back and Lucio's harder to actually finish off.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

If you want to watch the guys who do McCree and Winston's voice play Overwatch and voice troll other players, here you go: https://twitch.tv/overwatchvo

https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/799023231151652864

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cowcaster posted:

i know that he can't really rebind stuff but why wouldn't you use pl;' instead of wasd if you're left handed

I know I preferred to use arrows over letter keys for a while, but it starts to break when you have games that have a lot of controls, at least personally.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

^burtle posted:

I wish the arcade boxes were just games played instead of games won because then I wouldn't have to care.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish sombra could unhack enemy hacked medkits

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wish she could hack turrents.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

No Safe Word posted:

If you want to watch the guys who do McCree and Winston's voice play Overwatch and voice troll other players, here you go: https://twitch.tv/overwatchvo

He got hacked in the middle of his own ult. :allears:

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So how likely is it that the duration of Sombra's healthpack hack is gonna get nerfed in the next couple weeks?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Canemacar posted:

So how likely is it that the duration of Sombra's healthpack hack is gonna get nerfed in the next couple weeks?

Very likely. I could see them doing something like each health kit grab cuts the timer down faster.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

No Safe Word posted:

This is AMAZING!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I've never seen someone gently caress up a one in a million opportunity quite as hard as that other guy in this teamchat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Canemacar posted:

I'd say limiting the med pack hack to two at a time also seems reasonable.