Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
This sucks. I did nothing except copy my saves over. Everyone please cheat now so we can all play on the softban server, tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Considering how stupid the softban thing is, and how randomly they do it, I'm sure we will all end up there. :v:

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I've been playing this game on my tablet using keyboard only and it's actually not bad, takes a bit to get used to though.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Just met a really odd hacker. I'm sitting outside the Last Giant room and jumping in to help people out and to get some sweet sweet gambling stones when I get summoned by someone sporting the Black Knight Greataxe, right away I figured hacks but whatever, stones a stone. Then she waved and proceeded to backstab me so hard that I took no damage and couldn't get up. Just laid on the ground for a minute or so with her standing over me before I decided to ALT-F4 out. Just a weird encounter all round.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Uuungh, it feels so...indescribable when that build you've worked throughout the entire game to attain is finally accomplished.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Cainer posted:

Just met a really odd hacker. I'm sitting outside the Last Giant room and jumping in to help people out and to get some sweet sweet gambling stones when I get summoned by someone sporting the Black Knight Greataxe, right away I figured hacks but whatever, stones a stone. Then she waved and proceeded to backstab me so hard that I took no damage and couldn't get up. Just laid on the ground for a minute or so with her standing over me before I decided to ALT-F4 out. Just a weird encounter all round.

Welcome to infinite poise damage stunlock, if I recall right.

For some insane, messed up reason, From made it so that if you poise break someone hard enough, they never get up.

If you get invaded by someone who does that, and also disabled their phantom timer, you are screwed and must alt-F4.

So, make that four-and-a-half (4.5) crash exploits From left in while removing the Barrel, since you have to alt-F4 out of this, so it would actually be more merciful if they had just crashed you out.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 12, 2014

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I had someone today enter my game then walk through the fog wall. He wouldn't come out. Like 5 minute later he teleports in front of me, backstabs my face then superman flew away and hung out in the sky until I had to quit the game. Seemed rude.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

Welcome to infinite poise damage stunlock, if I recall right.

For some insane, messed up reason, From made it so that if you poise break someone hard enough, they never get up.

If you get invaded by someone who does that, and also disabled their phantom timer, you are screwed and must alt-F4.

So, make that four-and-a-half (4.5) crash exploits From left in while removing the Barrel, since you have to alt-F4 out of this, so it would actually be more merciful if they had just crashed you out.

Man I wanted them to add the barrel as a real thing not kill it off, so sad.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I had someone today enter my game then walk through the fog wall. He wouldn't come out. Like 5 minute later he teleports in front of me, backstabs my face then superman flew away and hung out in the sky until I had to quit the game. Seemed rude.

Something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CxZX3udeZA I don't know how to link to the time but skip to 1:48 for the magic, though the entire video is nothing but hackers. They can do some crazy poo poo.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Santa fleeing to the moon when "killed" just made me laugh. Don't mind hackers like that, honestly. The rest...gently caress 'em.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Ravenfood posted:

Santa fleeing to the moon when "killed" just made me laugh. Don't mind hackers like that, honestly. The rest...gently caress 'em.

He's the guy who crashed streamers repeatedly with his summon sign if I recall. Also infamous for handing out +14s.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
So I killed Sir Alonne on my dex/pyro and he didn't go into a death animation right away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8eipFuxuf4

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
Just got invaded in the Bastille by a naked dude with way too much hp and a shadow dagger that did well over 500hp on a backstab. I'm in ng, around 600k sm, so this doesn't seem legit. Weird thing is he didn't show up on my 'players met' list (on ps3). Trying to figure out ways in which this guy was not a hacker, coming up empty!

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

Jaaam posted:

Just got invaded in the Bastille by a naked dude with way too much hp and a shadow dagger that did well over 500hp on a backstab. I'm in ng, around 600k sm, so this doesn't seem legit. Weird thing is he didn't show up on my 'players met' list (on ps3). Trying to figure out ways in which this guy was not a hacker, coming up empty!

This is very easily achievable legitimately at 600k SM. Are you surprised he dealt over 500 damage on a backstab?

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

Batigh posted:

This is very easily achievable legitimately at 600k SM. Are you surprised he dealt over 500 damage on a backstab?

I thought they patched criticals to do a max of 500 in ng? May have misinterpreted something. Either way, I figured he'd have shown up in players met so I could ask him myself, but he's just not there.

edit: should add, I did around 750 damage on a two hit combo against him and knocked off maybe a 1/6 of his health at the most. Over the course of the fight I definitely did more than 2000 damage and he still won with like 2/3 of his health left. I need to look into this build if that's legit, that's a whole lot of hp!

Stranger Danger Ranger fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Sep 12, 2014

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Batigh posted:

Actually, I thought the only things that drop Shadow Daggers (the Shadow Assassins in the Flexile Sentry's fight) only appeared on true NG+?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Alabaster White posted:

Actually, I thought the only things that drop Shadow Daggers (the Shadow Assassins in the Flexile Sentry's fight) only appeared on true NG+?

Ascetics. Also if he has friends willing to drop one for him so he didnt need to even waste souls on upgrading it.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Lawyers are going to totally invade my world, but it was worth it!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So despite playing the game a million times, I've yet to actually travel very far in a NG+. So I get to the Iron Keep and see not one but two red phantom samurai captains are in the shortcut furnace. Unfortunately for them, being designed big led to some...problems

(they literally can't move past the bridge)

and might as post my character

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Gazaar posted:

So I killed Sir Alonne on my dex/pyro and he didn't go into a death animation right away.

I almost spat my coffee all over my screen.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

No idea about the soft-bans. I've hacked a ton of items, weapons, etc. Into my game and I've been able to find signs and coop with a friend with the Name-Engraved Ring. Haven't adjusted SM at all, though. Guess I'll ease up since it sounds like they're actually starting to ban people again.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Gazaar posted:

What are your swords?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I swear my Darkdiver's face was subconsciously based on someone, but I can't for the life of me figure out who she reminds me of. :psyduck:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Something found on :reddit: about how bad FROM is handling this:

pua central posted:

So I was talking with friends from work about it and they pointed out that the folder holding the SL2 file is 16-bit. This means softbans are not based on the SL2 file itself or some unique ID attached to your steam account, but the folder name in the directory. I experimented with it and found a way to remove soft bans associated with the account.

- Locate the DarkSoulsII folder in C:\Users(Username)\AppData\Roaming
- Copy only your SL2 file from there, paste it somewhere safe
- Delete the DarkSoulsII folder
- Uninstall Dark Souls 2
- Change your Steam ID through Edit Profile (this may not be necessary)
- Reinstall Dark Souls 2
- Start a new character
- Exit to the Start Screen
- Alt-tab out and copy + paste your SL2 file to inside the newly made folder in AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsII
- Continue your character

Soft ban should be removed after that. It worked for me and a few others.

EDIT: Make sure you are using an SL2 file before you got softbanned.

poptart_fairy posted:

I swear my Darkdiver's face was subconsciously based on someone, but I can't for the life of me figure out who she reminds me of. :psyduck:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

MooCowlian posted:

What are your swords?

Espada Ropera and white Blacksteel Katana nooblord

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Zedd posted:

Ahahahahahahhahaahha

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

Ahahahahahahhahaahha

Never change Fromsoft :japan:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Genocyber posted:

Never change Fromsoft :japan:

Oooh new redtext spill the deats.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

oh my god no why

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

poptart_fairy posted:

oh my god no why

Does he sparkle in the daylight? Very important.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Zedd posted:

Fyi you don't even have to uninstall Dark Souls II. Just delete the DarkSoulsII folder in %appdata%, start up game, make new character, quit to menu, replace new save file with your backed up one. Boom, softban gone.

The Iron Rose posted:

Oooh new redtext spill the deats.

I said I thought the writing in Borderlands 2 was good in the bl2 thread, someone disagreed with me. :shrug:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Zedd posted:

Owns

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Zedd posted:

If this actually works I'm gonna be so happy.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Count Bleck posted:

Does he sparkle in the daylight? Very important.

Well no, because she isn't wearing Osteria's ring. :colbert:

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

I was gonna say Helena Bonham Carter, but I think it's more likely your subconscious is on Team Edward

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

MooCowlian posted:

What are your swords?

+10 fire espada with a +10 blacksteel in my left hand. It's a pretty nice combo for pvp since you can switch up your moves like a motherfucker.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Well just got my reply from Bandai Namco support about my softban.

Bandai Namco Support posted:

Thank you for contacting Bandai Namco's Technical Support and Warranty Department.

We have looked into this issue further with the Dark Souls 2 server team for the profile you provided and it appears that you have had restrictions/limitations placed on your account, most likely due to one of the following reasons:

1. Using external save data (such as MegaMule)
2. Hacking or exploiting the game to modify stats/abilities/souls/items/equipment/online matching levels etc.

Any players found in violation of the EULA (End User License Agreement) WILL NOT have these restrictions/limitations lifted.

The decisions for these restrictions/limitations on your online experience are ultimately handled by the Dark Souls 2 server team (FROMSOFTWARE) in Japan that is monitoring the servers and we would have no control or ability to change their decisions. As such we would also recommend contacting them directly at http://fromsoftware.jp/en/ if you truly feel the restrictions/limitations placed on your account are wrong/incorrect or for any additional information regarding your restrictions.

So I'll see if I can contact From and see if anything can be done. Or I could try that thing someone linked from Reddit and see if that removes my restrictions. Either or really.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Anyone got a link to Dark Souls 2's EULA? I've seen people make some odd claims about it, but I can't find the drat thing.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
You know, it seems kind of weird that they'd give you a headpiece that just straight up shuts down Nashandra's most dangerous ability. At the very least you're distracted while you're breaking the orbs, now you don't even have to acknowledge them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Flytrap posted:

You know, it seems kind of weird that they'd give you a headpiece that just straight up shuts down Nashandra's most dangerous ability. At the very least you're distracted while you're breaking the orbs, now you don't even have to acknowledge them.

I mean, it's both a DLC item and Nashandra is 99% a joke regardless of your build.