Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.

Lord Koth posted:

As a note, you COULD be funneling lotto embers into Arash to get him up to max level, and then start using him.

The only issue is I still need to do his Rank Up and that's AP that could be Socks.

Currently my line up is Assassin Shishou, Rider Kintoki, Support Waver, and Raikou sitting in the wings of someone drops. She's so close to m as x bond which is exciting and scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Ezelek posted:

The only issue is I still need to do his Rank Up and that's AP that could be Socks.

Currently my line up is Assassin Shishou, Rider Kintoki, Support Waver, and Raikou sitting in the wings of someone drops. She's so close to m as x bond which is exciting and scary.

Arash without the rank up will still take out the first grouo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Uhh, so when are we getting the silver ticket?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I haven't touched Arash or Spartacus. I did fully level and ascend George and Leonidas though. Mata Hari will soon be 100 as well.

Tired Moritz posted:

Uhh, so when are we getting the silver ticket?
Now, actually. I just got the ticket and all four booster Lily's so now I'm just farming bullshit from the lottery.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you get it from the fifth box

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Gologle posted:

Why anybody would ever want another 4 star single target Rider when Rider Kintoki exists is beyond me my beautiful precious boy is strong and powerful and he rides a bike

Because Power Couple Sakamoto Ryouma and Oryo are cool

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I got a gold archer

Atlante NP2

:smith:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
who is LIZPIG69, because u have the best name of all goons, king or kween of goons

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I got fionn and Beowulf as my only results, not even a 5 star ce

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

I blame Baal's writeup for people sleeping on Spartacus for so long.

:colbert:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I hope the people who use my support units make use of Cleo. Make her dancepunch Caesar. Do it.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
What if you bow to Spartacus and call him "my lord". Does he just kill himself?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Standard operating procedure, Arash NP, Shiki NP, Scathach NP, with waver providing fuel. I can only three turn if I get lucky crits, otherwise Santa Alter lives into the 4th turn. Maybe if I level Scathachs 3rd skill it’ll be more consistent. Oh well, good enough for me, while I hope for CE drops.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

What if you bow to Spartacus and call him "my lord". Does he just kill himself?

Spartacus is completely sane, just singlemindedly obsessed with overthrowing tyranny and oppression. He knows he, himself, is not an oppressor.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Spartacus is perfectly capable of distinguishing between oppressors or not.

'You who bear the manners of an oppressor yet hath never oppressed anyone' is how he refers to Gordolf.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

El Burbo posted:

Standard operating procedure, Arash NP, Shiki NP, Scathach NP, with waver providing fuel. I can only three turn if I get lucky crits, otherwise Santa Alter lives into the 4th turn. Maybe if I level Scathachs 3rd skill it’ll be more consistent. Oh well, good enough for me, while I hope for CE drops.
Hmm. Is Jack actually doing anything in the comp? If not, could use the combat suit mystic code and swap her out for someone with a buff they can toss onto Scathach (preferably something stronger than Charisma, but even that might help) or a defense down debuff they can toss onto Santa, and then swap them in once Waver does his thing so there's more damage going out in the final round. Or start with whoever the buffer is and swap Waver in to finish the job if you're using his NP. Depending on who you have available it might not be worth the effort, but if an extra 10-20% damage can make it so you don't need crits then it's probably at least trying.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Daddy Spartacus

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

If you're a fool like me and never leveled Rider Kintoki and Assassin Scathach you can still get away with a budget 4-6 turn clear with Nobu and Shiki feat.Magical Girl Helena.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Will rider Kintoki get a rerun? I think I started just after his event ended and I want him so bad. He's so cool.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Gluten Freeman posted:

Will rider Kintoki get a rerun? I think I started just after his event ended and I want him so bad. He's so cool.

Onigashima should get a rerun sometime next year so you'll have a chance to pick him up then.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

First I get Ishtar, now I get Amasuka. :psyduck:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Drop the drunken Jalter CE you cowards!
I've lost count of how many times I've cleared this stocking node, to say nothing of the other 40AP nodes. :argh:

Joke's on them though, I've got like 200 golden apples since I never use the things, as long as I don't lose cell service, I can farm as long as I have to

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I can 5-6 turns it, but that's because my Cleo isn't lvl 90 yet. Still need more of those snake eyes.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
No luck with Ishtar but 5 tickets got me Amakusa. I wasn't going to seriously roll for him anyway but thanks for not impacting the Merlin fund?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Asimo posted:

Hmm. Is Jack actually doing anything in the comp? If not, could use the combat suit mystic code and swap her out for someone with a buff they can toss onto Scathach (preferably something stronger than Charisma, but even that might help) or a defense down debuff they can toss onto Santa, and then swap them in once Waver does his thing so there's more damage going out in the final round. Or start with whoever the buffer is and swap Waver in to finish the job if you're using his NP. Depending on who you have available it might not be worth the effort, but if an extra 10-20% damage can make it so you don't need crits then it's probably at least trying.

Hm, I tried that with swapping with Nero Bride, who can match the +50% boost of the default uniform, which would give me an additional +25% from the combat uniform, but that’s the still not enough for a critless 3 turn. I think I’ll stick with the default uniform since it’s less button pressing for about the same results.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hey look who finally got off their rear end and wrote some new writeups for Mash and the 1* servants!

Also there's a new servant added in there, just fyi

EDIT: The servant animation list in the OP has been updated this time with notes to the side of each of when they happened in JP and when they should be expected to happen in NA unless something should change

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 3, 2018

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Thank you for giving my boy Arash the respect he deserves.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Arash's biggest minus is that you can't auto skip his death animation.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Spartacus is completely sane, just singlemindedly obsessed with overthrowing tyranny and oppression. He knows he, himself, is not an oppressor.

Ah my mistake! That actually makes him way more interesting than I thought he was.

Wanted to give Shirou a 10 roll shot. I see a gold archer card pop up and expect a dupe of Arjuna or Orion...

Apparently I rolled on the Ishtar banner by accident. No complaints. Rin 1/2 acquired.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Indeed. Arash does literally everything you could want him to do. I just wish he would die faster :allears:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Billzasilver posted:

Indeed. Arash does literally everything you could want him to do. I just wish he would die faster :allears:

I used Arash for the first time this event.
I was kinda impressed by how quick the NP went.
STELLA *wave and Arash explode*

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Billzasilver posted:

Isn't it the loading of the next servant that takes forever?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't even use Cleo's giant cg snake and she still chokes my phone when coming in after Arash

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

His death speech is too long imo. Maybe it sounds better in English idk.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Kyte posted:

Isn't it the loading of the next servant that takes forever?
The new servant loading in always has an intrinsic delay, but you have to also tap the screen to skip through his death lines as he's fading out.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Ah my mistake! That actually makes him way more interesting than I thought he was.

You are easily forgiven for thinking him insane. Between his flowery manner of speech and his obsession framing everything through a lense of tyranny and the war against it, he easily seems insane and might as well be.

That said it is good to see the oppressive boot of Baal’s former review lifted free from Spartacus’ neck. Welcome to the Rebellion, today we are all truly Spartacus. :v:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 3, 2018

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

El Burbo posted:

Maybe if I level Scathachs 3rd skill it’ll be more consistent.

I have that skill maxed and the least hp Santa has been left with is 7000. You need to hit her, the NP isn't going to wipe them all out sadly.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
tbf his obsession is still a form of insanity. That's why it's ME EX.

dogsicle posted:

i don't even use Cleo's giant cg snake and she still chokes my phone when coming in after Arash

Battle sprites have the largest spritesheets (1024 x 1024 and sometimes even 2048 x 2048) and it's got to be loaded along with the sprites for the menu, the sprites for the battle cards and other assorted bits and bobs, pretty sure it's the biggest single data load in the entire game. (Aside from the one when you load the game itself, I guess)

Nate RFB posted:

The new servant loading in always has an intrinsic delay, but you have to also tap the screen to skip through his death lines as he's fading out.
Pretty sure you guys already got the update to autoskip death lines.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

we have enemy death skip in the battle options, but if there's an ally death skip i didn't see the setting in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

El Burbo posted:

Sodium Chloride posted:

I have that skill maxed and the least hp Santa has been left with is 7000. You need to hit her, the NP isn't going to wipe them all out sadly.
Put another damage buff or 50% self charge servant in the back line and tag them in, you can wipe that last wave easily like that.
Wave 1: Arash NP
Wave 2: Shiki Skills + NP
Wave 3: Tag Shiki for Backline, All Buffs/NPs

Tons of people can work, I've used Atalante, Iskandar, Drake, and Chloe for some examples.