Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Slasherfan posted:

Is there anywhere to contact Rifftrax and make a suggestion? I think this would make a good riff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0GyRz_lOQA

Mike, Bill and Kevin all use their Twitter accounts quite a bit so I'd suggest shooting them a link to it there. Otherwise I believe there might be something on the official Rifftrax forums for suggesting movies/shorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
I just wonder how much of the Star Wars Holiday Special was from Bruce Vilanch. The circus acrobat bit just screams Bruce Vilanch, who strangely looks a bit like Itchy these days.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

muscles like this? posted:

Mike, Bill and Kevin all use their Twitter accounts quite a bit so I'd suggest shooting them a link to it there. Otherwise I believe there might be something on the official Rifftrax forums for suggesting movies/shorts.

I can't seem to register on the forums. I get to the register screen, fill in my details but the button for registering just stays blank.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Did you ever wonder about the credits to Pod People and how none of the footage was actually in the movie?

Well, it came from a movie called The Galaxy Invader and it's the next VOD title from Rifftrax.

Here's a sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWl43_jCAxE

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mister Kingdom posted:

Did you ever wonder about the credits to Pod People and how none of the footage was actually in the movie?

Well, it came from a movie called The Galaxy Invader and it's the next VOD title from Rifftrax.

Here's a sample:

I forgot all about the misleading credits that Podpeople and one other movie did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rirse posted:

I forgot all about the misleading credits that Podpeople and one other movie did.

Cave Dwellers, it was part of an extremely shady scam to get the rights to those movies.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Cave Dwellers, it was part of an extremely shady scam to get the rights to those movies.

Please to explain?

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Molothecat posted:

Please to explain?

If I recall, Sandy Frank bought the rights to show clips of certain movies, because it was cheaper than buying the rights to the movies themselves. Then he would give said movies completely new titles (made up of footage from other movies), so what followed would technically count as a "clip." I guess no one bothered to take him to court over it.

Oh, and I'm super excited about this next one. The Alien Factor is my favorite Cinematic Titanic, so I'm glad they're drawing from the same pool of awfulness.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mister Kingdom posted:

Here's a sample:

Galaxy Invader is one of my favorite D movies. The other movie on the dollar DVD double feature: VIRUS was not. It is seriously worth watching unriffed and I imagine it will be even better riffed. Joe's shirt is a cinematic marvel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobservo posted:

If I recall, Sandy Frank bought the rights to show clips of certain movies, because it was cheaper than buying the rights to the movies themselves. Then he would give said movies completely new titles (made up of footage from other movies), so what followed would technically count as a "clip." I guess no one bothered to take him to court over it.

Oh, and I'm super excited about this next one. The Alien Factor is my favorite Cinematic Titanic, so I'm glad they're drawing from the same pool of awfulness.

Correct, although it was Film Ventures International and not Sandy Frank. Another thing that FVI would do was strip out all the original music.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Didn't Master Ninjas I & II also have different footage used in the titles?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Didn't Master Ninjas I & II also have different footage used in the titles?

Yeah, the opening credits to Master Ninja are completely unrelated to the film, just like Pod People and Cave Dwellers.

The short mentioned in this MetaFilter thread sounds like it would be ideal bot fodder.

Description of film posted:

Another scene involves an affluent, suburban white woman who has life stress and takes some sort of pill for it. The narration goes something like "Had a bad day? Pop a pill! Car won't start? Pop a pill!" Ultimately the narrator visits her home and opens a suitcase full of drugs, explaining how she would get hooked on each one over time. The final drug was cocaine, and his quote about that was something like " it ends with the mother of all dirty drugs, sweet cocaine."

Drugs are like that.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bobkatt013 posted:

The only problem with that is Carrie Fisher already snorted all the cocaine.

The part where she gets up from behind a cheap Ikea desk/battlestation and drunkenly stumbles around is good. The part where she's holding herself up against Chewbacca and is clearly 3 sheets to the wind makes the whole thing worthwhile.

That and Mark Hammill's horrifying makeup.

E: sweet, sweet cocaine. Go ahead. You know you want to.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 5, 2011

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Land of the Dinosaurs was very funny, thanks for that recommendation! Can't imagine watching this movie any other way. Love these guys.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Rest periods are the best thing.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

MassRayPer posted:

Galaxy Invader is one of my favorite D movies. The other movie on the dollar DVD double feature: VIRUS was not. It is seriously worth watching unriffed and I imagine it will be even better riffed. Joe's shirt is a cinematic marvel.

I just watched the riff of Galaxy Invader, it's definitely up there in my top 10

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I just watched the riff of Galaxy Invader, it's definitely up there in my top 10

I'm watching now. What the hell is this?

(besides incredible)

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Tony Danza Claus posted:

I'm watching now. What the hell is this?

(besides incredible)

Casual domestic violence, ripped tshirts, and drooling. Lots of drooling

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Cubemario posted:

Rest periods are the best thing.

I maintain that waiting is better than a rest period.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Someone in the Metroid thread in games posted this, Metroid Prime Trilogy, with Rifftrax. It's really, really well done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNgJoZcSM4I

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm soo glad I waited for Rifftrax to watch Avatar. This movie would be completely unbearable without it, the assault of lazy exposition, cliches, and of course the excessive length would definitely be just too much. Previously I found that rifftrax don't work for me with good movies like the Matrix, where I just end up wanting to watch the film itself, but this is not the case here.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It was absolutely worth it even if it was a bad movie just to watch it in 3D in an Imax theater. We had the subwoofer under our seats, with, and this is a description from one of the employees, "bowel-loosening sound". The shuttlecraft in the beginning made me feel like I was going to rattle apart, but it was amazing.

But yes, Rifftrax made it so very amazing.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I just watched the calendar short. Those poor calendar fairies. Why did their pants have to be so tight?

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Now I see for what purpose Kingdom of the Crustal Skull was made. I loved this Riff, it's been my favourite so far.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel better now that I understand the context of those clips at the beginning of Pod People.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Galaxy Invader is such an unpleasant little movie, a good riff though. Every single character, except David (I think that was his name, the kid who sees the spaceship land,) is completely horrible. With Joe being quite possibly one of the worst characters in the history of Rifftrax/MST3K.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

The crazy Jimmy Stewart/Don Knotts dad is the loving worst. Also JJ is in The Alien Factor and he plays the same awkward, feminine manchild character.

Oh, I figured it out -- Joe is the monster of this monster movie.

bobservo fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 7, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I think The Galaxy Invader had the best poorly-edited "throw something off a building/cliff and then edit it all wrong" since Danger!! Death Ray.

And I really, really have to know what in the name of God a Moo-Ray Court is.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

bobservo posted:

The crazy Jimmy Stewart/Don Knotts dad is the loving worst. Also JJ is in The Alien Factor and he plays the same awkward, feminine manchild character.

There are quite a few people from the Alien Factor who are in this movie. Including the actual Doctor (Anne Frith), the mayor (Richard Dyszel) and the "Alien" (Don Leifert). Somehow, all of their acting got worse in this film.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mobby_6kl posted:

Previously I found that rifftrax don't work for me with good movies like the Matrix, where I just end up wanting to watch the film itself

Memento is the worst case of this. Turns out it's kind of hard to make fun of a movie that's just really good. There were some halfway decent jokes but at the end of it I was just kind of like "...and they made a riff of this why, exactly?" Was it because they'd done The Dark Knight or...? I think The Prestige could have probably worked better, if they really want to attack the Nolan.

On the other hand, Transformers 2. Wow. I had heard the legends speak of how absolutely terrible that film was, but I dared not venture near it lest I lose 2.5 hours of my life. And boy, was everyone right. There is no loving point to that goddamn film, at all, period. The riff made it bearable, but only just barely.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The weirdest thing about Galaxy Invader definitely has to be Joe's shirt. What the hell was up with that? Constantly wandering around with that big hole in the chest and the bottom of the front ripped off.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The weirdest thing about Galaxy Invader definitely has to be Joe's shirt. What the hell was up with that? Constantly wandering around with that big hole in the chest and the bottom of the front ripped off.

The art of cinema is creating memorable, lasting images that stay with the viewer. Watching movies shouldn't be a passive experience, films should challenge the audience.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

In the first scene where you see him at the table with his family, I thought it was a design on the shirt.

Nope!

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

Worst Powergirl cosplay ever?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

MassRayPer posted:

The art of cinema is creating memorable, lasting images that stay with the viewer. Watching movies shouldn't be a passive experience, films should challenge the audience.

In this case, it challenges you to NOT put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Maybe it was a girls shirt.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
The best part of the Star Wars Holiday Special wasn't even any particular riff, or a commercial, but the Imperial issuing the curfew order. "Kazook?"

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I finally managed to buy some tickets to the Rifftrax live show coming up next week. For some reason MovieTickets.com wouldn't show the event at my theater, but I was able to buy tickets from the iPhone app for them. Weird, but the bigger pain in the rear end was that I couldn't even see the tickets until yesterday because the mobile app only shows the 9 or so future dates for any event.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm watching a Fragmaster cartoon on bluray thanks to the Reefer Madness live show.

That's kinda rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Is it wrong to look forward to the video release of Battleship because I know deep down in my heart that the inevitable Riff will be loving amazing?

• Locked thread