Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Are any other industrial bands getting non-scene press at the moment, or is it just them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Are any other industrial bands getting non-scene press at the moment, or is it just them?

3teeth are getting quite a bit of metal coverage.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
So who's actually going to Infest next week? Would be good to meet the other goons there.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

So who's actually going to Infest next week? Would be good to meet the other goons there.

I'll be there.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

You already know I will be (woo another impromptu awkward goonmeet followed by dancing like dicks till 4 in the morning)

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I was going to post something dismissive of YC based on the previous stuff of theirs I've given a listen to but I am glad I clicked through to hear this new one before saying anything. Holy poo poo this is really really loving good.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Someone in Finland seems to like German industrial metal.

quote:

BeatCon Music & Games Festival is an annual festival, based in Jyväskylä, Finland, which combines the best in game developing and music. It is a winter event, happening always in the end of January/beginning of February, and offering opportunities for game developers, investors, artists and music and game fans. It's a unique and avant-garde event, and it intends to attract thousands of people daily to the heart of Finland. The festival happens at Paviljonki, in the central area of Jyväskylä, the perfect location for concerts and conventions.

Eisbrecher (first show in Finland, ever)
In Strict Confidence (I believe for them as well)
Apoptygma Berzerk
Lord of the Lost (and for them, but can't say I like them)
To/Die/For
What About Bill? (not heavy or industrial per se, but it's a side project by the OOMPH! singer. It's pretty bad though. Also their first show in Finland)
Bloodparade
+ more bands

OOMPH! (first Finnish show in eight loving years)
Dead By April
Barbe-Q-Barbies
Jartse Tuominen
Cønstantine
O.S.P.
+ more bands

Rhapsody
Machinae Supremacy
Betzefer
Whispered
+ more bands

I'm p. excited :holy:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Babby Sathanas posted:

You already know I will be (woo another impromptu awkward goonmeet followed by dancing like dicks till 4 in the morning)

I think we should all wear masks of our avatars! (I don't actually think we should do this).

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Aw

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Puntification posted:

I think we should all wear masks of our avatars! (I don't actually think we should do this).

I'll go in blackface then
You two staying in halls? I will be for the first time. Going to hit it pretty hard.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Babby Sathanas posted:

I'll go in blackface then
You two staying in halls? I will be for the first time. Going to hit it pretty hard.

Sounds good. Yeah I always have done it's super convenient. The walk back down the hill to the halls can be pretty treacherous when smashed though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:

Puntification posted:

I think we should all wear masks of our avatars!

Uh oh.

This is fantastic.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

AaaaaAAAHHHHHHHHH HHHHH :pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Babby Sathanas posted:

AaaaaAAAHHHHHHHHH HHHHH :pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Babby Sathanas and Danger-Oc, I have no idea what either of you look like so just approach any ginger guy who's about six foot and ask about whether they have stairs in their house, I'll be the one who replies "what the gently caress are you on about?".

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I'm one of the few girls with bright green hair that isn't a wig. Also I'm wearing shoes with kitty faces on them.
Haven't even left Manchester yet, probably should get a move on.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Babby Sathanas posted:

I'm one of the few girls with bright green hair that isn't a wig. Also I'm wearing shoes with kitty faces on them.
Haven't even left Manchester yet, probably should get a move on.

I'll also be wearing black.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I want to go to Infest. Next weekend my town is hosting the Texas Industrial Fest:

http://www.texasindustrialfest.com/

I'm deciding whether or not to check some of it out. I've avoided it in previous years since it's been repeatedly canceled (organizers trying to do too much + foreign acts) leaving them scrambling for alternative venues. A lot of people were wondering whether it was a scam.

Now it looks like they've scaled it back a bit.

Mostly Texas and down-south acts, with one group (Decoded Feedback) from Canada. Some of these bands ... are not the best. I love the bios: "[Band] is more than just an Electronic Hard-Rock band in Austin, TX." (No, it is just that.)

But some of the synth groups could be fun. And I have a cheesy soft spot for Rio Grande Valley aggrotech.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Puntification posted:

I'll also be wearing black.

That definitely narrows things down...

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Gothsicles interview with some news on side projects:

quote:

Could you tell us what you are up to with your side projects this year.

Christ on a cracker, side-projects for daaaaaays. We’re about 8 tracks in on HARDCORE PONG, which is Angelspit & The Gothsicles. That’s gonna be awesome.

KHIONIK is an unabashedly housey thing I’m working on with Syrinx that should be cool. He’s probably angry with me ‘cause I’m way behind on that one, but also probably not that angry at all because he’s a really nice guy.

THE CAUSTICLES (Caustic & The Gothsicles) has an album and a remix EP out and just released a cover of Suicide Commando’s “Raise Your God”. Check all that poo poo out at thecausticles.bandcamp.com ‘cause it’s free.

DINOSAUR TANK started out as an EBM thing and has since become almost exclusively a chip tune project. New tracks come out when I’m having a slow day at work.

I’m also doing the soundtrack for a new fancy video game I can’t talk about yet. They initially wanted a bunch of loops and blorps and poo poo, but now they want 5 full tracks.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Omi-Polari posted:

I want to go to Infest. Next weekend my town is hosting the Texas Industrial Fest:

http://www.texasindustrialfest.com/

I'm deciding whether or not to check some of it out. I've avoided it in previous years since it's been repeatedly canceled (organizers trying to do too much + foreign acts) leaving them scrambling for alternative venues. A lot of people were wondering whether it was a scam.

Now it looks like they've scaled it back a bit.

Mostly Texas and down-south acts, with one group (Decoded Feedback) from Canada. Some of these bands ... are not the best. I love the bios: "[Band] is more than just an Electronic Hard-Rock band in Austin, TX." (No, it is just that.)

But some of the synth groups could be fun. And I have a cheesy soft spot for Rio Grande Valley aggrotech.

I laughed really, really, hard at the band called HELLTRASH, but now I'm listening to them and they seem like they kind of own.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ANAmal.net posted:

I laughed really, really, hard at the band called HELLTRASH, but now I'm listening to them and they seem like they kind of own.
I haven't really listened to any of them but you can't go wrong with names like SUICIDE PANDA and MORTICIA WEEPS.

Edit:

quote:

This festival has a variety of Electronic genres like EBM, Synthpop, Future-pop, Darkwave, Drum N Bass, Dub-Step, Noise, Experimental, Aggrotech, Terror-EBM, Hellektro, Terrorcore, Speedcore, Gabber and of course Goth and Industrial.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 23, 2014

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh hey Infest goons. If you see Mr. Kitty make some noise. He's great and a hometown hero and it's his first time playing outside the U.S.

Show the love.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

TOOT BOOT posted:

That definitely narrows things down...

:thejoke:. I found n met babby sathanas n danger octo they are cool people.

Omi-Polari posted:

Oh hey Infest goons. If you see Mr. Kitty make some noise. He's great and a hometown hero and it's his first time playing outside the U.S.

Show the love.

I really like Mr. Kitty I will whoop it up if I have any voice left on the sunday. I have already screamed myself hoarse over cyanotic and rabbit junk.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I'm never drinking again. :barf:

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Puntification posted:

:thejoke:. I found n met babby sathanas n danger octo they are cool people.

I was horrifyingly drunk. Did I smoke one of your cigarettes maybe late on? I don't even smoke!

Haujobb were ace.

Edit: Xenturion Prime were amazing. So much bromance too!

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 23, 2014

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I was horrifyingly drunk. Did I smoke one of your cigarettes maybe late on? I don't even smoke!

Haujobb were ace.

Edit: Xenturion Prime were amazing. So much bromance too!

We were both smoking someone else's cigarettes because I don't smoke either.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

So... Ashbury Heights, yes?

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

The closest this tiny genre will get to an impromptu goon meet in UK (posted with permission)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

teethgrinder posted:

So... Ashbury Heights, yes?

gently caress, yes.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Ashbury heights were loving poo poo imo. The girl he's with these days is gorgeous (grade A boobs for real) but other than that they were bad. Mixing was terrible I could barely hear the music over his really bad sad Ashbury heights warbling.

Luckily vnv owned as usual, regardless of what you think of the music ronan harris is the most fun charismatic stage man in the genre.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Babby Sathanas posted:

The closest this tiny genre will get to an impromptu goon meet in UK (posted with permission)

I was actually even more wrecked than I look in the picture, but to be fair it was about 2am.

Ashbury Heights were a massive disappointment live, compared to cds

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Haven't Ashbury Heights played live something like a half-dozen times ever? I remember back when the band cratered originally people were mocking Anders Hagstrom for complaining about his lack of success despite barely ever actually performing.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hagström is a big dumb drama baby and if you support Ashbury Heights you're supporting a big dumb drama baby

makes u think, doesn't it

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Hagström is a big dumb drama baby and if you support Ashbury Heights you're supporting a big dumb drama baby

makes u think, doesn't it

Drama, in the goth/industrial scene?! How surprising!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Good point, after all goth drama is really really funny so maybe we all actually should listen to Ashbury Heights

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I find it excusable because he was pretty drat young, and hell, what industrial/goth band hasn't had record label drama? Ask Trent about TVT.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I was actually even more wrecked than I look in the picture, but to be fair it was about 2am.

Ashbury Heights were a massive disappointment live, compared to cds

Ashbury Heights were pretty underwhelming, Mr Kitty was great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:

teethgrinder posted:

I find it excusable because he was pretty drat young, and hell, what industrial/goth band hasn't had record label drama?

Every band ever.
However, a question of etiquette: How public should one make their bitch-fest?