Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm ready for different , I've seen the same suits and villains for 20 years. Kids like that look so I'm fine with it. Bring Power Rangers into the 2010's Saban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Darth TNT posted:

I kinda like it, though it looks more like a henchwoman.
Henchwoman?

So after the Hero Victory ending , you get a 10 second MK:the Movie style teaser where Lord Zedd appears above the blood red skies of earth and taunts the Rangers?

:frogon:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
If they make a really fuckin cool and or hilarious Zedd everything else will be worth it, probably.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Light Gun Man posted:

If they make a really fuckin cool and or hilarious Zedd everything else will be worth it, probably.

Bear with me:
I think Zedd could work really well as like, some kind of incredibly smarmy skeletor, wearing like a lightly-armored sport coat and slacks ensemble. Like an after-hours exec with a bare skull for a head and a magic staff that he keeps in a golf caddy.

Make him like a sleazy real estate guy who is also a lich, basically.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Zedd should just have his original costume and chair.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

deadly_pudding posted:

Bear with me:
I think Zedd could work really well as like, some kind of incredibly smarmy skeletor, wearing like a lightly-armored sport coat and slacks ensemble. Like an after-hours exec with a bare skull for a head and a magic staff that he keeps in a golf caddy.

Make him like a sleazy real estate guy who is also a lich, basically.

Tell me more about your GWARniverse OC.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I think she looks alright. Honestly, I'm a little surprised you guys in here aren't freaking out about it

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

omg chael crash posted:

I think she looks alright. Honestly, I'm a little surprised you guys in here aren't freaking out about it

There's not much to freak out about it. I wish it looked more like Rita's look, some kind of head horns and the like, but there's a good chance this isn't the ONLY outfit she's going to have in the movie, and the race thing is a mitigating factor because at least the heroes get to be diverse, even if I think the actor for the Black Ranger should be Red.

They might tie it into her drawing on the power of the Green Coin, which would be...something.

No the time to worry is when they reveal what the Ranger designs look like. That's when the design aspect of the show will really matter.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They've has multiple black red rangers before. What they've never had is a (main cast, good) female Red, and that would be awesome, but they're kind of bound by the Sentai there. They can sometimes get away with gender swapping a ranger from the original Sentai but the reds are coded so male usually it would be impossible.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

greatn posted:

They've has multiple black red rangers before. What they've never had is a (main cast, good) female Red, and that would be awesome, but they're kind of bound by the Sentai there. They can sometimes get away with gender swapping a ranger from the original Sentai but the reds are coded so male usually it would be impossible.

Shinkenger had a female red who was: not very good at her job, as a plot point. I don't know if she showed up in Super Samurai or not, it was like a couple episodes near the end of the series.

I think that's about it, besides like an All-Red lineup from Gokaiger/Super Megaforce, or the times either of the women in TOQger junctioned into Red.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

I meant the Black Ranger from the movie- the Asian guy. He just looks more like a Red Ranger to me.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
She was probably my favorite part of Super Samurai. At least in that one, she wasn't bad at her job so much as overly specialized in the technique that beat the villain in the past, which he has since developed a counter for.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Samurai had the female ranger plot, except they made the male red leave for....reasons while she's been as nice as possible to everyone. Also his real sister.

Like, the one time they tried to veer away from completely copying the sentai and got executed it badly.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Technically she was the Red for Gokaiger tribute. Even if her role was essentially "you're pirates and dishonorable - you show resolve, have our power" like other returning alumni.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I was pretty glad when they started having more than just reds as cameos. I don't really find a lot of them to be strong enough without their crews to be interesting.

The best Dairanger tribute was, of course, Akibaranger 2.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Captain Kirk got a new twitter avatar

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I

Am curious about a William Shatner Zordon

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Spock.

Gary Mitchell has

escaped.

Recruit five
teenagerswith

attitude.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
He would be a great Zordon.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

I like where this is going.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2016/04/elizabeth-banks-power-rangers-filming-steveston/

Doggles fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 26, 2016

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
She looks so miserable in that picture.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Star Man posted:

She looks so miserable in that picture.

Maybe she has a headache!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well.

She has a staff.

I would have liked it to be black and gold, since just straight gold makes it look cheap, but whatever.

EDIT- Real talk- if they gently caress up Lord Zedd's design, because they're going to do him in the sequel or even as a teaser thing at the end of this movie we all know this, they will officially be the dumbest people on Earth.

Like, Rita, whatever, that design would be loving hard to make work on the big screen as it was no matter the budget.

Zedd? Sure, drop the z ontop of his visor/crown thing, but the rest of his design is loving amazing and may be the best Super Villain Evil Bad Guy design for a kids show ever. He's a cenobite with a metal exoskeleton who drapes himself in snakes.

His design is literally a human body stripped of all of its flesh and with his brain exposed, with metal fused to his remains and a grill/visor face. All you have to do is update that and you're golden. Especially if you're going for the edgy mature crowd!

Burkion fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 26, 2016

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Maybe it's just her initial form. She can still go full Pippi Longstockings in Skeksis cosplay later.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I imagine there's gonna be a bit of post process effects done on her and her staff.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Is it just me, or does it look like she's wearing a human mask?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Despite being more plant it reminds me of Trakeena's green form. I wonder if she'll upgrade into that at some point.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Where's the bicycle?

Also I'm going to guess the end teaser won't be Zedd but the green ranger- her color scheme is too strongly associated with the evil ranger plotline from the first season.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

She looks like the mantis villain from beetle Borgs metallix

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Now that looks like a crazy space witch who lives in a dumpster

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Okay, that trash bag skirt is pretty inspired. The Green suit's gotta be her combat gear, then. Or she gets her hands on the Green Coin like halfway through the movie. One of those.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dr Tran posted:

Now that looks like a crazy space witch who lives in a dumpster

I'm reminded of the villain lady from Men in Black II. Like an utter alien trying to appear sexy and not doing a very good job of it.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Moment of terror:
What if her Green Ranger colors are indicative of what the ranger suits are going to look like? :v:
Just kinda off-brand Avengers.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

deadly_pudding posted:

Moment of terror:
What if her Green Ranger colors are indicative of what the ranger suits are going to look like? :v:
Just kinda off-brand Avengers.

I really hope not.

I also really wish they weren't trying to play up her sex appeal, though I won't lie- that top is not very flattering on her. It kind of makes her chest look fake, and not in the surgery kind of way. Like she has a fake prosthetic chest on over her actual torso.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So her clothes are real but I guess her makeup is magic at least.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Burkion posted:

I really hope not.

I also really wish they weren't trying to play up her sex appeal, though I won't lie- that top is not very flattering on her. It kind of makes her chest look fake, and not in the surgery kind of way. Like she has a fake prosthetic chest on over her actual torso.

All the best villains have fake pecs

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

jivjov posted:

All the best villains have fake pecs

I would be 100% OK with a Power Rangers movie that was a retelling of Wrath of Khan

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Dr Tran posted:

Captain Kirk got a new twitter avatar

Darth TNT posted:

He would be a great Zordon.

SKY COQ posted:

I would be 100% OK with a Power Rangers movie that was a retelling of Wrath of Khan

This needs to happen

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I wonder if maybe Rita starts out as a regular person and transforms in to the green thing and this is midway through it?

Also just show us the loving suits already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Place your bets about how predictable the movie trailer is gonna be!

I'm calling that, after we see some disaster movie scenes and maybe Rita, we'll get either a black screen or a pan across scenery with Jason saying, "It's morphin time."
And then like a stupid dubstep version of "Go Go Power Rangers" will kick into full gear and we'll see a bunch of wirework karate and explosions.