Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Using up the giant couscous, grilled octopus with roasted veg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Raikiri posted:

Using up the giant couscous, grilled octopus with roasted veg.

Now we’re talking! Looks delicious!

Never cooked octopus myself but I love it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

What's the texture on cooked octopus like? I've only ever had it on nigiri and my wife hates how rubbery it is but I enjoy it.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

It depends, but can be much softer.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
I made: KFC Halloumi. Delicious and fluffy on the inside.

Didn't make: griffin burg

Also didn't make, except for asking for a fried egg on top:

I made this. This is the AFP thread right? That's crispy chilli oil in half a can of tuna and some SPC SPAGOSAURUS REX with some kewpie and chili sauce splooshed artistically over the top oh also some vintage cheddar.

Note the KFC mix has one tsp of MSG mix, in 1.3kg of other ingredients, and this is too much (the recipe called for ~3tsp).

bonus cold brew preparation with budgie aural assistance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7T-hPs1eyw

tonight i'm making kfc pork tenderloin which has been pre-sv'd at 56c.

iRend fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 14, 2020

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Cooked skirt steak marinated in coriander, garlic, lime juice and olive oil. Served with potato salad and snow pea, cucumber, mint and avacado salad.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

What's the texture on cooked octopus like? I've only ever had it on nigiri and my wife hates how rubbery it is but I enjoy it.

This was still slightly rubbery, but quite tender. Definitely not chewy.

I boiled it in 1% saltwater for 40 mins then in an ice bath (prepped at work for dinner the following day). Then grilled it at high heat for 3-4 minutes before serving.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

iRend posted:

I made: KFC Halloumi. Delicious and fluffy on the inside.

I want this recipe and also this food

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Anytime I get to make a pizza with regular flour is a treat.

Hot sopresatta with roasted red peppers:

Veggie:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That looks nice. What kind of flour do you usually use?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Tezcatlipoca posted:

That looks nice. What kind of flour do you usually use?

My wife has a lot of food allergies, so for a while it was an almond flour recipe that she put together. She made the dough and then I made the pizza. Then we actually found a store bought cauliflower crust that was better than anything else we were coming up, and didn’t make her sick. So we’ve been sticking to that lately.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Broccoli mac cheese

Super quick molten choccy cake

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Great work on that strawberry rose.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

That's some drat nice lookin' pizza.

Basic Bitch Spag Bol.

Not pictured, modifed bol mix the following night, turned into very non-authentic Nachos with a tin of black beans and a tin of chipotle peppers.

Chilli-Cheese Kransky with pickles, peppers, tomatoes, onion & mustard, Might be my favourite easy dinner.

Is anyone burgin'?

I'm burgin'

Let's burg

Burg

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Quiet Feet posted:

Sushi octopus has been boiled, the only time I've had straight up raw octopus was as sannakji in Korea. It's always a bit chewy, though you can turn it from pleasantly chewy into chewing on a tire very easily.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Had some grilled octopus tonight and it was on point 👌👌👌

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Braised chicken cabbage and bratwurst on a bed of mashed potatoes.

Digestif

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

slothrop posted:

That's some drat nice lookin' pizza.

Basic Bitch Spag Bol.

Not pictured, modifed bol mix the following night, turned into very non-authentic Nachos with a tin of black beans and a tin of chipotle peppers.

Chilli-Cheese Kransky with pickles, peppers, tomatoes, onion & mustard, Might be my favourite easy dinner.

Is anyone burgin'?

I'm burgin'

Let's burg

Burg

I want all of this

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I'm sorry ma'am, it looks like your baby has stromboliosis (supreme topping mix).

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
First attempt at making udon noodle soup.

Photo taken after everyone had eaten, I made more than this. And even my picky eater kids liked it.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

toplitzin posted:

I'm sorry ma'am, it looks like your baby has stromboliosis (supreme topping mix).

Get in my mouf

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I have noods.

And breadsticks.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Stir-fry! Going out of town on Thursday and had veggies to use up.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
steak, leeks, potatoes

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

slothrop posted:

steak, leeks, potatoes

Nice. How's the Mac btw? Been looking at them and Tojiros for work.

Made piri piri wings:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
It’s my first decent knife so I don’t have much to compare it to, but I certainly like it. It’s better than the Global set we have, and I got a ceramic honing rod which I’m muddling through using. I got the equivalent Mac paring knife as well because I had an Amazon gift card, but I haven’t used that much.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Barramundi, kale, and rice.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Made a rice and chickpea salad. Topped it with some lightly spiced Greek yogurt, manchego, and olive oil. Served it over a nice bed of romaine.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
For the first time ever, I'm proud at my homemade pizza results :unsmith:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Chili con carne with rice, supplemented with some hot smoked sausage

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Salvor_Hardin posted:

For the first time ever, I'm proud at my homemade pizza results :unsmith:

Justified pride. I’d eat the hell outta that and I’ve worked in like 5 pizza restaurants.

That chilli looks great too

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
recent dinners photo dump

orange chicken over jasmine rice

ramen with an egg, bacon, garlic chives, hot sesame oil

goat cheese crusted pork loin

big pot of gumbo

ants in trees (spicy marinated ground pork, mung bean noodles, garlic chives)

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

King oyster mushroom 'scallop'
Charred alliums
King oyster mushroom cap 'smokey bacon bits'
Peas
Allium, 5 spice, szechuan pepper puree
Seaweed salt

There's a few things to do to get this perfected, but I'm pretty happy with this so far. I want to have a standout vegan taster menu in my head at some point and this feels like a good middle course.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Seems like a nice dish and I would like to subscribe to your tasting menu newsletter. That seems like it would go good with some sort of lemony component.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Seems like a nice dish and I would like to subscribe to your tasting menu newsletter. That seems like it would go good with some sort of lemony component.

Yeah, I'm considering two big changes right now - crush the peas, with some chive, mint, lemon, maybe a hint of fresh chilli; and altering the puree to have a beetroot base as well (should fit in well with the earthy flavours, and look just astounding).
Edit: Maybe a shift to pine in the salt as well could help get that citrus note in as well and kind of stick to the earthy theme... decisions, decisions!

A bit more attention on the plating for the finished product as well of course.

As for the other courses, I'm thinking I've never tried my hand at a good clear tomato consomme yet and that's probably a skill worth picking up...

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Feb 25, 2020

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Olpainless posted:

Yeah, I'm considering two big changes right now - crush the peas, with some chive, mint, lemon, maybe a hint of fresh chilli; and altering the puree to have a beetroot base as well (should fit in well with the earthy flavours, and look just astounding).
Edit: Maybe a shift to pine in the salt as well could help get that citrus note in as well and kind of stick to the earthy theme... decisions, decisions!
Hey why not just go loving all out and crush and then spherify the peas? Unmake nature and then remake it to your own specifications. :orb: :orb: :orb:

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Hey why not just go loving all out and crush and then spherify the peas? Unmake nature and then remake it to your own specifications. :orb: :orb: :orb:

... I don't have the kit for spherifying stuff.

YET.

This sounds pretty cool and good.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Today... Today is all about indulgence.

Freshly made pizza with a herb and sundried tomato base... Topped with garlic and tomato sauce, mozzarella , garlic mushrooms, black olive... And to kick up it up a notch, a grating of black truffle.

A dram of 11 year bunnahabhain scotch whisky pairs this all off.. Rich, honeyed, and delicious. Just pure, absolute indulgence.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Tonight is breakfast for dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

iajanus posted:

I want this recipe and also this food

OK

SV KFC pork tenderloin :D

oh, marinate and bread as desired (buttermilk + egg), fry for 6-9 minutes at 190c in peanut & canola oil