Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Deuce posted:

It's mostly fuel blocks and stront and ammo so it's not extremely valuable, just bulky. I've been recollecting all my crap that got scattered about lowsec by asset recovery. Blockade runners to get them to hisec, took a lot of trips.

Could have sworn I had a trio of deadspace-fit strat cruisers I ran 10/10s with. Dunno what the gently caress happened to those.

Just pay some pubbie pennies to haul it for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kimsemus posted:

I agree a BR can be popped, I've been extremely recalcitrant on moving T2 capital BPOs, which is why I still sit them in a station in lowsec and run the jobs remotely.

what is a "T2 capital BPO" considering that there are no such things (jump freighters, the only t2 capital, are invention-only, as are the only t2 capital modules)

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

evilweasel posted:

what is a "T2 capital BPO" considering that there are no such things (jump freighters, the only t2 capital, are invention-only, as are the only t2 capital modules)

I think I smushed T2 BPO and T2 Capital print together

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Deuce posted:

It's mostly fuel blocks and stront and ammo so it's not extremely valuable, just bulky. I've been recollecting all my crap that got scattered about lowsec by asset recovery. Blockade runners to get them to hisec, took a lot of trips.

Could have sworn I had a trio of deadspace-fit strat cruisers I ran 10/10s with. Dunno what the gently caress happened to those.
Asset recovering my Rhea cost 10b. Fun!

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

Speaking of asset recovery I'm not sure its worth bothering to get my crap. It would cost a ton to get it out and its scattered across several low sec stations. Then I would have to haul it all to hisec, and possibly out to delve. Cruisers and smaller I can toss in a blockaid runner but BC and BS hulls are sorta stuck out there.

I am thinking it would be easier to just get to delve somehow, buy and fit something for ratting or whatever, and then start building a new stock of pvp fit ships. Probably start with a curse and a huginn or phobos, then add some random t1 cruisers, maybe a BS or two, maybe some BCs, and possibly a command ship or a couple of logi depending on whatever the meta is.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Antillie posted:

Speaking of asset recovery I'm not sure its worth bothering to get my crap. It would cost a ton to get it out and its scattered across several low sec stations. Then I would have to haul it all to hisec, and possibly out to delve. Cruisers and smaller I can toss in a blockaid runner but BC and BS hulls are sorta stuck out there.

I am thinking it would be easier to just get to delve somehow, buy and fit something for ratting or whatever, and then start building a new stock of pvp fit ships. Probably start with a curse and a huginn or phobos, then add some random t1 cruisers, maybe a BS or two, maybe some BCs, and possibly a command ship or a couple of logi depending on whatever the meta is.

It is tottally not worth it to try and collect a bunch of T1 BC and BSs and get them to Delve. Just pay off the asset fine and put them on the market in lowsec for a 20% discount. Someone will buy it and you can use your isk to get new poo poo in Delve.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
What are all these player-run research facilities I'm seeing? Is that the new hotness for blueprint research? Are there risks to using them in exchange for the lower taxes?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Deuce posted:

What are all these player-run research facilities I'm seeing? Is that the new hotness for blueprint research? Are there risks to using them in exchange for the lower taxes?

Player-owned Engineering Complexes have significant bonuses for decreasing job time, so using them is generally a good idea. You will need to pay them a usage fee, typically, but it should be lower than NPC (usually.) You do run the risk of the structure being shot and destroyed while your job cooks, but for research, the blueprint will always land in Asset Safety. If you're manufacturing stuff, though, you'll lose the inputs -- some of them will even drop in the wreck.

The time decrease is much, much better in nullsec.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I keep all of my blueprints is a high sec station 2 jumps from Jita. I just make copies and fly them where ever I need in a T3 cruiser. Why would I want to risk valuable blueprint originals by taking them anywhere dangerous? Copying is dirt cheap.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Antillie posted:

I have thought about doing this. Are there opportunities to run data/relic sites without getting killed by sleepers? If so is it any different that doing it in null?

C1-3 can spawn pirate relic sites but you better be spamming that d scan

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

You can check wormhole system kills by searching for the name on zkillboard. Won’t help you if you’re the first person to die that day, but it’s always worth a look. Or just don’t bother with relics and datas in wormholes. Go to someone else’s space and run their sites instead.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I spent some time doing a bunch of relic/data sites in wormholes while I was teaching myself how to do the gibson hacking minigame, and I never got got. I even took out some poor newbie in a T1 scanning frigate one time with my retarded SAAR/warp disruptor astero fit. As long as you employ d-scan liberally and don't tunnel vision too hard on the hacks, you'll probably be fine.

Typically when new players are getting into exploration, I'll recommend they tour low class wormholes for that reason. Lots of benefits -- way more sites than the picked over, goonrushed delve, their data gets put into our WH tracking program which helps out our FCs, it teaches basic scanning and survival skills, and if you find connections to exotic nullsec, it robs hostiles of their sites. All in all, a low-tier active ISK making activity that has concrete secondary benefits to both player and state.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Sorry to keep spamming these "is X still a thing" questions but, are POS reaction farms still a thing? Some passive income on a ~2 week cycle would be ideal due to my work schedule.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Deuce posted:

Sorry to keep spamming these "is X still a thing" questions but, are POS reaction farms still a thing? Some passive income on a ~2 week cycle would be ideal due to my work schedule.

They're now in whatever the industrial versions of the new structures are, no more reaction farm setup bullshit it's all in one structure and no loving with chains and storage. It's much better than it was.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Yeah, new reactions are much, much more user friendly. You can do 2 week cycles in the new system too, but with the added benefit of "you won't lose your entire nest egg if you get hit by a bus and can't meet the required feeding date."

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Yeah, new reactions are much, much more user friendly. You can do 2 week cycles in the new system too, but with the added benefit of "you won't lose your entire nest egg if you get hit by a bus and can't meet the required feeding date."

Sweet.

So what do people still use POS/fuel blocks for? I have a pretty large pile I could use, or just sell it off.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Deuce posted:

Sweet.

So what do people still use POS/fuel blocks for? I have a pretty large pile I could use, or just sell it off.

They're used to fuel all the new structures, too. You also need small amounts of them as reaction inputs.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
if you need to haul small m3 high value items (in highsec) use a travelceptor and don't afk. tank ad <2 sec align.

brs will be killed because people kill them for fun

dsts can be bumped by me

jfs are big and obvious and slow, but unkillable if you know what you're doing. if you're asking this question you don't know what you're doing.

if you fly a bs you're slow, noticable and killable which is the worst thing you could do

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

if you need to haul small m3 high value items (in highsec) use a travelceptor and don't afk. tank ad <2 sec align.

brs will be killed because people kill them for fun

dsts can be bumped by me

jfs are big and obvious and slow, but unkillable if you know what you're doing. if you're asking this question you don't know what you're doing.

if you fly a bs you're slow, noticable and killable which is the worst thing you could do

Cloak trick, bitch

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
If you are hauling in high sec, a hecate can reach 1s align, i would use that.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Don't haul in highsec, pay a pubbie to do it and collateral that poo poo for market price + 25% so you can make a dece profit when globby bumps it and blows it the gently caress up.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Today is a wonderful day, because it is New Ship Day! :D I can now fly Dreadnoughts! I do not have any heavy capital guns skills (that will be another month :() so for now I have gone with Large battleship guns. At 98 DPS is a force to be reckoned with! I mostly just fit it with tank. I think I'm just going to use it for hauling cargo right now (until I can use the proper guns). Now the only Gallente ship I can't fly is an Erebutt! Thats next I suppose, though it will cost so much :(

quote:

[Moros, Big Boy]
25000mm Crystalline Carbonide Restrained Plates
Dark Blood Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Dark Blood Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Dark Blood Energized Explosive Membrane
Damage Control II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Capital Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Capital Shield Extender I

Siege Module I
425mm 'Scout' Accelerator Cannon
Dark Blood Heavy Energy Neutralizer

Capital Trimark Armor Pump I

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L x240

lovely tuna snatch posted:

Joined GoonWaffe (and started playing the game) August 23rd. Today, reached 10B net worth and bought next month's sub with ISK. Thanks again to whoever posted that station trading guide a few pages back.

Glad I could help! Honestly, the first 10B is the hardest. Now that you have some money in your wallet and you know what you are doing you should be able to get to 100B in two-three months, tops. If you haven't trained Tycoon yet do it. It doubled my rate of return easily.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 9, 2018

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
How longs the goonwaffle email usually take?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Rutibex posted:

Today is a wonderful day, because it is New Ship Day! :D I can now fly Dreadnoughts! I do not have any heavy capital guns skills (that will be another month :() so for now I have gone with Large battleship guns. At 98 DPS is a force to be reckoned with! I mostly just fit it with tank. I think I'm just going to use it for hauling cargo right now

these posts, man. every loving time

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
go mine in it

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Rutibex posted:

Today is a wonderful day, because it is New Ship Day! :D I can now fly Dreadnoughts!

At least fix your module placement for heat management.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FranktheBank posted:

of all the things to mention

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

of all the things to mention

It really bothers me. And it's a thing that a lot of people don't know about.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FranktheBank posted:

:doh:
You are absolutely right! Sometimes I forget thermodynamics is a thing

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

You all know ruti is loving with you right

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

orange juche posted:

You all know ruti is loving with you right

The day goons stop taking the bait is the moment the forums shut down.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

hey deadtear will I got r/o if I make a callout thread in SGBS cataloging all the people in the secret santa thread with like 3 posts and all of them are in year's past secret santa threads? please assume that I will make the thread funny and not laborious to read when answering.

Kind Regards,

Johnathon Jaces, V

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

hey deadtear will I got r/o if I make a callout thread in SGBS cataloging all the people in the secret santa thread with like 3 posts and all of them are in year's past secret santa threads? please assume that I will make the thread funny and not laborious to read when answering.

Kind Regards,

Johnathon Jaces, V

gently caress it do it anyways

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
That sounds like it would be worth a r/I even if it goes horribly wrong. :justpost:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

well the issue is that I would like to keep updating it as more people sign up and if it is just going to get gassed right away it isn't really worth it

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
:effort: is the bane of us all

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Kind Regards,

Johnathon Jaces, V

Do it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kind Regards,

Johnathon Jaces, V

:justpost:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

If you ever ask yourself if a callout thread in sgbs is the right answer, look into your heart of hearts and you will see the answer is "yes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Do it. Secret Santa is for closers