Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
eh I dunno, catboy wife is pretty easy to take romantically in all his stuff near the end of ShB and all though it for sure is an admiration based attraction. He'd be the FF version of a Wife Guy for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It's interesting that the game has a ton of m/m ships or f/m if that's your boat but is really really barren for f/f despite having a lot of important lady characters.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Eimi posted:

It's interesting that the game has a ton of m/m ships or f/m if that's your boat but is really really barren for f/f despite having a lot of important lady characters.

'Limsa's Admiral's thighs x half the female WoLs out there's head' is a pretty common ship at least.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Eimi posted:

Yeah we don't get really anything. It doesn't help that the important lady scions are either children or Potatoes or a mountain of emotional defenses.

I mean you kinda had lyse but she's gone.

The admiral is a good choice who always has your back (Like having to be dragged way from starting a war to save you from the Crystal Braves' bullshit) but she's busy busy.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

rip moenbryda

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The Lodestone stories like setting up the idea of Y'shtola and the WoL, but the game never really met them on that (or on... basically anything really, I don't think a single Lodestone story has laid groundwork picked up by the game). I honestly only see that in an 'only two eligible people in the group' kinda thing; they only get together because there are literally no other options. Granted, Y'sh seems to warm considerably in just that situation, it feels like that's how she and Runar grew close, but it's still not much.

Outside of her, I could... maybe see Krile working if they wanted to take that road? Her eyes aren't on anyone else, and she seems friendly without being aloof. There's no groundwork there right now, but it could work if they were so inclined.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I guess, being Au Ra height, I parse myself as one of the "kids" rather than seeing the old guard as romantic interests at all.

Maybe at some point I'll fantasia to Roe and find myself looking at the cast in a very different way.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Chillgamesh posted:

rip moenbryda

Even she was already taken. WlW WoL gets nothin. Maybe we'll find a nice lesbian on the moon.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

'Limsa's Admiral's thighs x half the female WoLs out there's head' is a pretty common ship at least.

Surprisingly she isn't even in the top ten of f/ fics on AO3. Which just speaks to the dearth of shipability in the game.

Like the Admiral is neat but a lot of the good shipping comes from characters playing emotionally off one another and there's not much to her and the wol beyond Tall Lady Pls Step On Me. Especially Compared to G'raha and Emet who basically own the shipping market.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The ideal female love interests would be Moenbryda II or Talltaru

e: or Dulia-Chai but single

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Eimi posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Fordola fills this niche if she tags along for Endwalker.

But also can I have my Yugiri back please.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Fordola fills this niche if she tags along for Endwalker.

Yeah....I'm rooting for Fordola because she's already my type so her being in the A team would be awesome.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Waffleman_ posted:

I could see Fordola/WoL working, but I've had enough of the WoL being set up with war criminals. And I know she's much less of one than the other two that people live putting with the WoL, but it's still not a fun pattern.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

We could use another Tank only character for trusts.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ahh I forgot about and miss Yugiri. She's perfect

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

As khagan the WoL establishes a polycule with every leader of the Azim Steppe. Even Magnai, his would-be dream come true tainted by Sadu’s presence.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Cleretic posted:

The Lodestone stories like setting up the idea of Y'shtola and the WoL, but the game never really met them on that (or on... basically anything really, I don't think a single Lodestone story has laid groundwork picked up by the game).

Do you mean generally, or in terms of relationships? Because off the dome Pippin was introduced in Tales from the Calamity before showing up in 2.5, and Fordola working with Arenvald and a summoner squad started in Tales from the Storm before being followed through in both the SMN 80 quest and the recent patch.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 24, 2021

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Arenvald and Fordola would both be reasonable additions to the Trust team.

I assume it's never going to turn into a collectible thing where every major NPC in the game becomes a Trust but I assume we'll eventually get 10-12 so we have several choices for every role.

(Although, being able to bring job NPCs like Alka Zolka or Arya would be pretty fun and give them something to do.)

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

I assume it's never going to turn into a collectible thing where every major NPC in the game becomes a Trust but I assume we'll eventually get 10-12 so we have several choices for every role.

(Although, being able to bring job NPCs like Alka Zolka or Arya would be pretty fun and give them something to do.)

I hope they start to make the Trusts more like they are in the Memoria Misera normal fight, where the characters don't need to actually be there in the story and it's more of a gameplay contrivance. I think the addition of Trusts is great, but the way they are now makes the plot kind of beholden to them because you're always going to need to make sure the DPS npc, the tank npc, and the healer npc are there too. It's worked fine so far, but it does restrict the story in a way it wasn't before.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Chillgamesh posted:

Ahh I forgot about and miss Yugiri. She's perfect

I wonder if Yugiri would have had more story presence post-SB if it weren't for real-life tragedy...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

wizardofloneliness posted:

I hope they start to make the Trusts more like they are in the Memoria Misera normal fight, where the characters don't need to actually be there in the story and it's more of a gameplay contrivance. I think the addition of Trusts is great, but the way they are now makes the plot kind of beholden to them because you're always going to need to make sure the DPS npc, the tank npc, and the healer npc are there too. It's worked fine so far, but it does restrict the story in a way it wasn't before.

I'm not sure how it really limits things to be honest. The bulk of the previous expansions you still had a squad with you they just didn't participate in the actual dungeon aside from showing up. I'm hard pressed to think of a dungeon that wasn't one of the like level 50 optional ones where you're going in solo,

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Bruceski posted:

I guess, being Au Ra height, I parse myself as one of the "kids" rather than seeing the old guard as romantic interests at all.

Maybe at some point I'll fantasia to Roe and find myself looking at the cast in a very different way.

Heh, as male Au Ra I had the opposite experience where, towering over G'raha, it did not even occur to me that he was presented as possible romantic interest because I immediately filed him away as One Of The Kids along with Alisaie and my precious boy Alphinaud.

5.1 Taking a break from adventuring to take the kindergarten class to some fairy tale castle bullshit

5.3 Bring Your Kid To Work Day with little G'raha

I can't even make myself bring the other scions to Trust dungeons because, like, the kids would feel bad if they were left out and someone has to look after them, right,

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I wonder if Yugiri would have had more story presence post-SB if it weren't for real-life tragedy...

I doubt it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Trusts have mostly limited the story in needing someone to be around to perform all the roles the player isn't. There's no real reason why they have to be tied to the same characters, though, especially with precedent like Lyna and Crystal Exarch (pre-5.3). No reason we can't even just have rotating adventurers other than the team not writing that to date.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

lol at how big that carbuncle is in comparison

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, I sincerely doubt the japanese dev team are cutting a character because their english VA was murdered. Sian's murder was a loving atrocity and I'm sure the team were upset by it, it's not going to change long term plans.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

The only NPCs I want for trusts are my retainers.
I don't care if it makes no story sense or whatever. I've had them for years, I like them, let me take the combat ones into the dungeon and bash some monsters.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yugiri was pretty explicitly "Hien's right-hand ninja lady" and now that Hien is alive and back in his palace, I expect we will only have her show up as a guest star. That doesn't mean she might not be a Trust of course, especially since she would fit neatly into the ecological niche Ryne does, but I suspect she won't be a major story figure going forwards.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I remember a lot of people fussing about how Alisae seemed to be into you but that's the only wolsexual woman I can remember off the top of my head

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought her original English VA died before SB?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

give hilda a girl friend

e: the girl firend is joye

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 24, 2021

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Vanadium posted:

Heh, as male Au Ra I had the opposite experience where, towering over G'raha, it did not even occur to me that he was presented as possible romantic interest because I immediately filed him away as One Of The Kids along with Alisaie and my precious boy Alphinaud.

I dug G'raha as Crystal Exarch but by 5.5 it really does feel like he's on the level of the twins, especially with his wide-eyed fanboying routine

So now I'm just down to Gaius and Fordola lalalala can't hear you about fascist war crimes lalalala

Also acceptable: shacking up with Ardbert in the holodeck void that exists in the WoL's mind

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Vanadium posted:

As male Au Ra you tower over female Au Ra as well.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Chomposaur posted:

Also acceptable: shacking up with Ardbert in the holodeck void that exists in the WoL's mind

That seems... kind of like incest? Please do not gently caress your alternate self

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

multijoe posted:

That seems... kind of like incest? Please do not gently caress your alternate self

It's absolutely not incest, even if the sundered fragments touch.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

multijoe posted:

Ardbert isn't you.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Ardbert isn't you.

He literally becomes part of you, so I'm going to go with 'he is'

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Ardbert isn't you.

he's every bot who cycled through the hyur -> midlander -> default options and clicked OK

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Hogama posted:

Trusts have mostly limited the story in needing someone to be around to perform all the roles the player isn't. There's no real reason why they have to be tied to the same characters, though, especially with precedent like Lyna and Crystal Exarch (pre-5.3). No reason we can't even just have rotating adventurers other than the team not writing that to date.

my personal hope is that Endwalker will have a lot more guest trust npcs like the Exarch and Lyne. don't need to have thancred or g'raha with you at all times if raubahn or aymeric join you as guests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Yeah, I'd be alright with more Trust NPCs, and I don't even use Trusts 99% of the time.