Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
is there a consensus on best gun for running and gunning right now? I finally tried out the aug and the scar I'm having a blast with them both, being able to control it and gun down 2-3 enemies per clip at all ranges you commonly encounter enemies. i feel like I spend a crazy amount of time reloading in this game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mauser posted:

is there a consensus on best gun for running and gunning right now? I finally tried out the aug and the scar I'm having a blast with them both, being able to control it and gun down 2-3 enemies per clip at all ranges you commonly encounter enemies. i feel like I spend a crazy amount of time reloading in this game though

your best option at the moment is the rpk because it sounds the coolest

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

BeAuMaN posted:

Search your feelings; you know the answer.

If the answer is "no" then I shan't be playing

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

turn off the TV posted:

your best option at the moment is the rpk because it sounds the coolest

in terms of sound, it's gotta be one of the guns that empties a clip in half a second like a big fart

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
add a ranked competitive fps future esports mode

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
i broke out in a rash just typing those words

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

add a ranked competitive Battle Royale extraction fps future esports mode

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
the beauty of the simplicty of this game is they could experiment with something like a battle royale mode and it could become considerably popular

but yeah also new maps ftw. love this map guy :allears:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I get that the developer is trying to make it easier to know where incoming fire is coming from to assist the casual players, but honestly the sound change is full-rear end. Gameplay is too fast to care about where sound is coming from for most part, you just have to keep looking around and use visual clues. They should continue to work on making art/asset changes to make things easier to spot/differentiate. Like back when they made some changes to make stairs look more like stairs, and walls to make buildings look more normal? poo poo like that.

The maps aren’t that big and even on 64v64 the sound hectic anyways. The larger populations and it’s just a meat grinder of noise and bullets, no point in trying to make footsteps more specific of friendly or enemy.

I played about an hour of the latest build and then jumped into Post Scriptum/Squad44 and the difference in sound design is not even fair.

I get the idea to also create “squads” but I tried the tactical squad as a squad leader and people still weren’t as chatty as I was, nor was it helpful. The action is too fast-paced to play this game “tactically”. Honestly it was just a lot of me saying “Go to B and capture it. There’s enemies coming from the north” because with how fast everyone runs and moves, no point in calling specific orders because the situation changes from one second to the next.

I think either player speed needs to drop or the TTK needs to be longer. Getting blasted by speed demon with a Kriss Vector who is just running through people and holding down the trigger aimed at heads with no real penalty of dying is clashing with what the devs are trying to make the game to be.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

There are a lot of options for squad coordination because you can constantly harass and take over the back points pretty easily with 5 guys actually doing the same thing. However, it seems most folks just want to spawn in and start shooting, which is why I play this game. If I want talking squad members and coordination I'll go play hell let loose, but I need way more energy to do that

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ringo Star Get posted:

The maps aren’t that big and even on 64v64 the sound hectic anyways. The larger populations and it’s just a meat grinder of noise and bullets, no point in trying to make footsteps more specific of friendly or enemy.

Seems the community landed on 127v127 being the mode because I can never find 64v64 after the player drop off when I think it's the sweet spot in terms of density and being able to move.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Groovelord Neato posted:

Seems the community landed on 127v127 being the mode because I can never find 64v64 after the player drop off when I think it's the sweet spot in terms of density and being able to move.

don't worry, you can't find anyone playing 127v127 in the fun game modes either

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
It's pretty disappointing that the player counts have dropped so low again. It really needs more than 10k players concurrent to fill more servers in all regions and more game modes. I am not sure what this game needs to retain players, but for some reason it seems to settle at around 5-6k.

Also, I wish they would take a couple of the old maps out of custom server rotation, there are just a few full servers and then you match make in to old oil fields, like who the hell wants to play that terrible map?

Rusty fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 20, 2023

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Rusty posted:

It's pretty disappointing that the player counts have dropped so low again. It really needs more than 10k players concurrent to fill more servers in all regions and more game modes. I am not sure what this game needs to retain players, but for some reason it seems to settle at around 5-6k.

Also, I wish they would take a couple of the old maps out of custom server rotation, there are just a few full servers and then you match make in to old oil fields, like who the hell wants to play that terrible map?

If its the server im thinking of, its also a tanks+sniper map that is somehow included in the official progression.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Dyz posted:

If its the server im thinking of, its also a tanks+sniper map that is somehow included in the official progression.
yeah, that is the one, it just seems dumb to have that server in matchmaking when it is really a niche map for people who want to level up snipers or tanks.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

If the answer is "no" then I shan't be playing

and there never will be

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Mauser posted:

P90 if you're significantly better than the enemy and just racking up free kills

FAL or MP7 if you have to try

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/XbeUwYZ.mp4

basically battlebit

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Rusty posted:

Well, to alleviate it in the meantime, game is on sale for $9
https://store.steampowered.com/app/671860/BattleBit_Remastered/

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

drat and i thought i hot nervous going to the doctors!!

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Heben City lmao

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

still having fun with the aug. If you throw on the b-25 URK grip and quick reload mag you can do a sub-2 second quick reload which is the fastest in the game as far as I can tell, plus the gun is still very controllable with a flash hider. Feels like almost zero downtime for shooting at crowds

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
aug is lowkey one of the two or three best guns in the game at midrange. arguably the best midrange ar

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

AK is up there too. unreal the kind of ranges you can drill people at with SMG-tier recoil

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Mauser posted:

still having fun with the aug. If you throw on the b-25 URK grip and quick reload mag you can do a sub-2 second quick reload which is the fastest in the game as far as I can tell, plus the gun is still very controllable with a flash hider. Feels like almost zero downtime for shooting at crowds

Tried the AUG for the first time today, it's incredibly good at mid-range. 3.5x + Single Shot combo is also akin to DMR rifles.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

iirc it has the best AR armor pen in the game and it may be coincidence but i hae great luck shooting drivers in various vehicles with it ever since the window glass buff

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Thief posted:

iirc it has the best AR armor pen in the game and it may be coincidence but i hae great luck shooting drivers in various vehicles with it ever since the window glass buff

the window glass buff stopped working at some point, and the AUG lost most of its armor damage with the last buff to its stats iirc

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
You used to be able to shoot down a helicopter pretty easily with 2 or 3 augs shooting at it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

I AM THE MOON posted:

the window glass buff stopped working at some point, and the AUG lost most of its armor damage with the last buff to its stats iirc

sorry i cant hear you over the 24/7 tap firing of my rpk

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

They need to get rid of tanks and BMPs sitting a million miles off shore in the water just hammering away at poo poo. Very tedious gameplay. Also, vehicles in general just mean I can't play anything other than engineer because I keep having to kill vehicles. Infantry conquest is the best gameplay mode

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mauser posted:

They need to get rid of tanks and BMPs sitting a million miles off shore in the water just hammering away at poo poo. Very tedious gameplay. Also, vehicles in general just mean I can't play anything other than engineer because I keep having to kill vehicles. Infantry conquest is the best gameplay mode

i think the only way of doing that would be to make tanks or btrs instantly explode if they kill someone over 100 meters away

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

turn off the TV posted:

i think the only way of doing that would be to make tanks or btrs instantly explode if they kill someone over 100 meters away

I wouldn't be opposed to this being an option for custom servers just to witness it once.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

turn off the TV posted:

They could just make the water deeper and only allow boats out there. Alternatively, get rid of sniping vehicles by taking away their zoom would be nice.

I just had a few rounds of zero team members shooting vehicles. Very frustrating to get them one rocket away and have them run off back to spawn

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Ok game is real good and even better now that I've filtered to the infantry only game modes thanks to learning which ones those are from reading the prompt above the different modes during voting.

I think the AS VAL is my favorite smg, m4 is my favorite starting weapon and aug is still just where it's at for when you find yourself ranging open country or stuck in those massive melees (reload maxed and ranger armor for the extra mags).

The question I have is is it worth it to aim for legs on a max armor support guy when you're up close? Does that get you around all their armor?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Mauser posted:

The question I have is is it worth it to aim for legs on a max armor support guy when you're up close? Does that get you around all their armor?

The red is entirely unprotected, and the green is protected until it breaks. This is why you see guys with EXO helmets (to block a single sniper headshot) and minimal chest armor as much as possible to avoid too heavy a speed penalty. this game's huge blocky limbs actually make the armor system pretty pointless, especially when you realize how often your hands cover your chest (since you're holding a gun in front of you)

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Got it, aim for the dick.

I just learned you can flash bang teammates btw. I'd been tossing them like crazy into fights until someone complained very loudly over local chat lol

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
flanking with a silenced aug on a map with lots of windows to peek out of feels like cheating.

also the weekly challenges are getting pretty good, going for c4 and unica kills is fun as heck.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Is the sound less bad yet

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Psycho Society posted:

Is the sound less bad yet

No more Star Wars battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Pontificating rear end posted:

The truth is people dont stick around playing this game. I guess it has nothing to do with TTK, it's just a bad game

just lol that the game made by three people has as many players as Battlefield games, what a massive failure this game is

this game owns and your username is spot on for this embarrassment of a post even by “grown adults talking about video games on the internet” goon standards

Thief posted:

i am confident that the dev is such a gun nerd that if he did make a mosin it would have a slightly turnt firing pin

It would have a curved bolt handle only if you put a scope on it