Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

It's been suggested to just swap Wyngarde and Shaw heads and presto everyone will look better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Louisgod posted:

We got a Callisto reveal yesterday and now we finally get a disheveled Hitler Mastermind!

https://twitter.com/MarvelousNews/status/1399035146292977667?s=20

edgar allen poe looking rough

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

iceyman posted:

It's been suggested to just swap Wyngarde and Shaw heads and presto everyone will look better.

That’s my plan too.

Also, found 2015 Doc Brown today at Target, the heads look spectacular.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
At Toycon I was in line next to a guy who is the Hasbro distributor for (northern?) New Jersey and routinely stocks their Targets. It was interesting to hear his stories. He knew a lot of the vendors because they were always waiting outside of Target and he occasionally would help them find a figure if he thought they were legit and not scalpers. He told each one "I better not see any Bludds at your table" which was nice. He was saying that most of the people at his level are frustrated by the low number of Joes and he keeps escalating complaints to try to get more for people because he knows they are discouraging people.

Anyway, I know that I can't compete with Rhyno but I placed my first Mythic Legions order at the end of March for All Stars 4 and now have over 120 figures in hand or on order. Yeah.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's that man Mythics? Holy poo poo.

I'm down to 93 Classics pieces left to buy.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Rhyno posted:

There's that man Mythics? Holy poo poo.

I'm down to 93 Classics pieces left to buy.

I count about 172 with the most recent pre-orders. Some are just legion builders which are generic characters. There are only a few more that I want. A lot of the rest are pretty expensive and I expect some of them will be re-released in other all star waves. Almost to the point I will just be getting pre-orders.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Fuzz posted:

Imboth Discords

Wait what? Links?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

10 Beers posted:

Wait what? Links?

BSS Action Figures:
https://discord.gg/SgPGZkJ

ACBA Community:
https://discord.gg/RqWed6W

The ACBA one is super excellent because we have a lot of alerts and people that help each other out. As an example someone just got the entire Clone Wars set from Target via a friend in there, at cost, and I sold an extra Anakin I found to someone for cost to share the love. They're also pretty drat great about dropping alerts as soon as certain lines' links go up, like SHF and Hasbro stuff.

It's primarily a 1/12 server, though.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Fuzz posted:

BSS Action Figures:

ACBA Community:

The ACBA one is super excellent because we have a lot of alerts and people that help each other out. As an example someone just got the entire Clone Wars set from Target via a friend in there, at cost, and I sold an extra Anakin I found to someone for cost to share the love. They're also pretty drat great about dropping alerts as soon as certain lines' links go up, like SHF and Hasbro stuff.

Thanks!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fuzz posted:

BSS Action Figures:

ACBA Community:

Oh, that's where I got ACBA from! I couldn't remember.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All Cops Bastards Are?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I count about 172 with the most recent pre-orders. Some are just legion builders which are generic characters. There are only a few more that I want. A lot of the rest are pretty expensive and I expect some of them will be re-released in other all star waves. Almost to the point I will just be getting pre-orders.

That’s where I’m at too, it’s hard to drop $3-400 on a six inch figure that you can mostly kitbash or will eventually be re-released or updated (Baron Volligar and Artemyss Silverchord set a great precedent for big name characters getting unique updated releases).

I just counted and I’ve got 99 between in-hand and preorder, plus a half dozen figures from their pre-Mythics lines. This time last year I probably had about 20 :psyduck:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

From FB, someone playing with Hot Toys and the Blitzway GB figures:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

All Cops Bastards Are?

https://www.articulatedcomicbookart.com/

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The_Doctor posted:

From FB, someone playing with Hot Toys and the Blitzway GB figures:

That's pretty darn good

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Sanschel posted:

That’s where I’m at too, it’s hard to drop $3-400 on a six inch figure that you can mostly kitbash or will eventually be re-released or updated (Baron Volligar and Artemyss Silverchord set a great precedent for big name characters getting unique updated releases).

I just counted and I’ve got 99 between in-hand and preorder, plus a half dozen figures from their pre-Mythics lines. This time last year I probably had about 20 :psyduck:

Yeah, they re-released the original Volligar so that was nice, as well. I do hope the Advent of Decay pre-orders on BBTS actually go through. There are a lot of great characters I have pre-ordered there and it would be a shame to have to find them on the open market.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Fearsome Flush showed up today! Did not think anyone would be delivering today.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I got the McFarlane Sister of Battle; I love it, though I will try to find any tutorials on how to improve the paintjob.

I hope there are more factions down the line.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got the Battle Sister and then grabbed the Artist proof version to see what I can do with it.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://twitter.com/vanillaice/status/1399418658351427585

Which NECA release is that? I'm genuinely curious.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That’s not a toy. Vanilla Ice knows the real turtles.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

RevKrule posted:

https://twitter.com/vanillaice/status/1399418658351427585

Which NECA release is that? I'm genuinely curious.

Probably the 18 inch one. Maybe the 7inch.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Yeah, they re-released the original Volligar so that was nice, as well. I do hope the Advent of Decay pre-orders on BBTS actually go through. There are a lot of great characters I have pre-ordered there and it would be a shame to have to find them on the open market.

As I understand it that product is all stock that Four Horsemen has guaranteed to BBTS, so anything preordered on there will definitely show up sooner or later.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Probably the 18 inch one. Maybe the 7inch.

Gotta be the big one. #1 that intricate "scale" pattern on the skin doesn't show up in that level of detail on the 7" ones, #2 obviously Vanilla Ice of all people would own the fancy ones!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Sanschel posted:

As I understand it that product is all stock that Four Horsemen has guaranteed to BBTS, so anything preordered on there will definitely show up sooner or later.

That's what I heard, too. Given that they have 2nd quarter 2021 as expected arrival date I assume that they came with the most recent shipment/wave. They certainly had a lot of extra Advent of Decay boxes at Toycon though there was little overlap with the BBTS pre-orders -- only about three.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Sanschel posted:

This is 100% correct. The BBTS orders are separate from the other orders. That's why BBTS had so many figures for pre-order / in-stock about a 16-24 months ago. The factory shorted the order and BBTS was waiting forever for the back stock.

It also had the unintended effect of making this line seem more readily available than it really is...

TLDR: Pre-order from BBTS with confidence.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Heads up - my local Target had the MOTUO Prince Adam/Sky Sled set marked down to $15, if you’ve been on the fence about grabbing it.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
If anyone wants just the Sky Sled and gets that deal, I'll buy the Adam.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpikeMcclane posted:

If anyone wants just the Sky Sled and gets that deal, I'll buy the Adam.

I bought one today just for the second Sled. PM me.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I bought one today just for the second Sled. PM me.

Thread delivers again, 5/5.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Fuzz posted:

Thread delivers again, 5/5.

Speaking of which, can I borrow some money from you guys?

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1399854641710514180?s=20

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just do a payment plan, only $600 a month!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Anyone hear any news on the new Fortnite stuff they announced on the Pulse fan thing:
https://www.gameinformer.com/gamer-culture/2021/04/09/hasbro-unveils-first-line-of-victory-royale-fortnite-action-figures

I don't play Fortnite, or even know anything about these characters, however I do enjoy weight lifting and would love to have a weight lifting cat action figure on my desk at work....

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea I don't lift or anything but a weightlifting cat dude would be awesome on the shelf. No idea what fortnite is but I know it's some game with dances in it. I'm hip enough and with it to know that! :corsair:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It helps that it’s got a cute kitty face. I honestly dig it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Jazwares made a great pair of cat figures, too:

Both are on the shelves at my Targets, they come with guns and the same knives for Meowscles.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Jazwares made a great pair of cat figures, too:

Both are on the shelves at my Targets, they come with guns and the same knives for Meowscles.

Huh, that would appear to be the exact same figure on the right as the weightlifting cat, just different paint apps.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, that would appear to be the exact same figure on the right as the weightlifting cat, just different paint apps.
FYI for people who don’t know about fortnite that season had all characters have an either a ghost or shadow skin which was either white or black. So the black figure linked would be the shadow, while if they ever made white it would be a meowscles who works for ghost.

I play fortnite with my younger siblings and nephews so any other questions on these figures I will try to help!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I don't know anything about Fortnite but I like the robot catgirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I don't know anything about Fortnite but I like the robot catgirl.
That is Kit, son of swole cat Meowscles. I think his mom might be a techy spy type human lady? Or just a family friend idk. They also have faction minions called Kitbash, who are more robotic and less cat, to protect this kitten.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 2, 2021