Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Sooper Gila posted:

I've got a feeling we're going to get buried in cool Ultra poo poo over the next year or so, especially if Shin does well and how could it not? Speaking of Figuarts Shin is going to be here in a few weeks supposedly. Regarding that Figuarts live stream, I'm still really stoked Leo's coming out, he's like my 3rd favorite UltraBro, and my most wanted figuarts dude other than Redking. Bandai's going to do redking one of these days right? How could they not? That would be like, I dunno, doing a sailor moon line without Queen Beryl, or a Lupin line without Goemon. Who would do something like that?

But really gotta have Redking. For Non ultraman fans, this translates as like a figuarts Batman line that was incredibly awesome and all encompassing which went out of it's way to make great figures for Clock King, Kite Man, Hugo Strange and golden age clayface, but made Riddler and Penguin P-bandai exclusives and then never made the joker at all. That''s kind of like the scenario. Although Baltan might be the Joker. Sorry I'm sleep deprived and ramble-y.

I'm going to get that repaint of Shinkocchou Kamen Rider Ichigo if it's not insanely overpriced, I had the original release and it broke. As did my heart... Might get the 55th anniversary ultraman depending on price and what mold they use.
Were there some kind of distribution issues with this figure?

Yeah the Dark Baltan is amazing (I was a pre-production unit in person back in December 2019) and I hope that there will be more of this type. I've got the SH Figuarts Shin Ultraman on pre-order so am looking forward to that.

The Leo is also one of my absolute favorites. Looks like pre-orders on a lot of places are out but it's going to be a general release figure so it should be no problem getting it generally. The 55th anniversary Ultraman will be the same mold as the standard shodai Ultraman but just with a metallic paint job. The 50th anniversary was the same except it had a little cityscape and Baltan UFO that it came with.

Yeah I don't know why they haven't done a RedKing yet. I have the Baltan, Alien Metron, Gomora, TwinTail, Alien Zarab, Alien Guts, and Zetton. The Mephilas Seijin came and went on P Bandai quickly so I missed that and the Dada is even worse, going for around $300 if anyone ever actually lets one go, which never happens. Due to the Pandemic I also missed out on the Ultraman Titus and Tregear releases :smith: The Ultra Kaiju that they showed off in this announcement looks great but honestly I am not really a big fan of Tiga so I'll probably give it a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The figuarts Harley Quinn looks pretty cool. Nice outfit that’s comic-ey without being overly sexualized.

I’d rather have a Hot Toys figure of it, but that’s not a guarantee to happen (even though it’s likely.) So I guess the dilemma is AmiAmi where they don’t like you cancelling, or BBTS where it’s $20 more.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Awww yisss- speaking of SH Figuarts I might be getting an Antlar that someone is selling. :c00l:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1400830153220050944?s=20
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1400831263670517761?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 4, 2021

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Oh God dammit. Commando snake eyes with timber.

Edit: that timber is insane.

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 4, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Hmmm ... we'll see

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1400833126046261251?s=20
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1400834566382919683?s=20

Finally, a motorcycle that matters

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1400836167046733828?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 4, 2021

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

I've been content to skip the whole line so far because the updated designs weren't really doing it for me but that Commando (aka Best) Snake Eyes and Roadblock are all I'd ever want so drat it, I guess I'm in now.

Jeez, Timber's way more articulated than I ever expected.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

And here's the "gently caress YOU!"

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1400837277333573635?s=20

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Aphrodite posted:

The figuarts Harley Quinn looks pretty cool. Nice outfit that’s comic-ey without being overly sexualized.

I’d rather have a Hot Toys figure of it, but that’s not a guarantee to happen (even though it’s likely.) So I guess the dilemma is AmiAmi where they don’t like you cancelling, or BBTS where it’s $20 more.

Just get her from amiami and if you end up not wanting her, you can flip her for more than you paid if you just keep her in storage for a couple months.

I ordered her as soon as I could. Been wanting a movie version of Harley for the shelf and I'm glad I skipped all the others. Now if they'd just allow the movies to use Robin again...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Can't wait to vaporise some kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLz_eKLTMv4

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

If this Timber is anything like the Drizzt Guenhwyvar it should be super dope.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
GI No

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
If I can get a snake eyes order through the site then yay. After that though I'm done with the line. Just too much stress trying to get these things.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

holy gently caress that roadblock rules. Snake eyes and timber of course are great, looks like he's using Beach Head's body, but the roadblock is more of a surprise to me. Breakers awesome too even if he doesn't have his bubblegum.

Aphrodite posted:

Agreed, this is the coolest live-action look for her I've seen.

Gripweed posted:

Red King is a recurring villain but he's a fan favorite and is often depicted very sympathetically, up to Ultraman Z being shown to have been very much in the wrong to attack him. So I guess that would make Red King the Harley Quinn of Ultraman?

I realized my metaphor totally failed when I tried to think who the penguin would be... but Batman doesn't gleefully mutilate his enemies to death on first meeting so it's tricky...

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The Leo is also one of my absolute favorites. Looks like pre-orders on a lot of places are out but it's going to be a general release figure so it should be no problem getting it generally. The 55th anniversary Ultraman will be the same mold as the standard shodai Ultraman but just with a metallic paint job. The 50th anniversary was the same except it had a little cityscape and Baltan UFO that it came with.

Yeah I've got both the Type A and the 50th anniversary set, would be great if they did a type B face sculpt on the 55th version.

I was really really lucky and got Dada six months after he came out, the p-bandai shop for Singapore gets extremely small allotments so preorders regularly get canceled and he was already at about 200ish around that time on ebay. Someone ordered from a shop here and after six months of not returning the shops calls to collect it they offered it to me at the original release price. I wish I had two more to display each face, but I'm glad I was able to even get one. The piece I didn't get and now regret was the Baltan shadow clone 3 pack. I refuse to even look at the online prices now as it'll ruin my day.

Hopefully Leo is indeed easy to get, the Jack reissue sold out almost instantly though and is creeping towards $300 too so who knows! Good luck on Antlar, he's pretty awesome, has a bit of monsterarts feel to him like Gomora does.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nanigans posted:

Just get her from amiami and if you end up not wanting her, you can flip her for more than you paid if you just keep her in storage for a couple months.

I ordered her as soon as I could. Been wanting a movie version of Harley for the shelf and I'm glad I skipped all the others. Now if they'd just allow the movies to use Robin again...

That’s true.

And also this will probably be out a year+ sooner than any HT release.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hasbro rereleased major bludd on pulse and he sold out in 30 seconds.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I for one can not wait to not find Barbecue at Target at all

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
So, all those recent Legends teases that looked like a Wolverine or retro wave? It's actually an Amazon exclusive box set, which is up for pre-order now. I was going to get them all except Wolverine and maybe Omega Red anyway so it's not too much of a hit.

https://twitter.com/robotmatt/status/1400867525903060994?s=20

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

DrChud posted:

I for one can not wait to not find Barbecue at Target at all

big same here in Canada

I'm sure there's some kind of rationale as to Hasbro's wackadoo treatment of the line's distribution but it escapes me.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

Hasbro rereleased major bludd on pulse and he sold out in 30 seconds.

He was up for like 20 mins?

Viper did sell out in 30 seconds though.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Sooper Gila posted:

Good luck on Antlar, he's pretty awesome, has a bit of monsterarts feel to him like Gomora does.

Just sent payment on it- the other person looking at it had to back out :woop:

Yeah the shadow Baltan set is $$$ nowadays. :sigh:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

big same here in Canada

I'm sure there's some kind of rationale as to Hasbro's wackadoo treatment of the line's distribution but it escapes me.

Target is funding some significant part of it. Most likely to the point that the whole current line of GI Joe doesn’t happen without them.

That’s presumably why there’s no Canadian/international distribution. Walgreens stuff ends up at EB because Walgreens has a contract for exclusives but they’re not funding Marvel Legends.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Aphrodite posted:

Target is funding some significant part of it. Most likely to the point that the whole current line of GI Joe doesn’t happen without them.

That’s presumably why there’s no Canadian/international distribution. Walgreens stuff ends up at EB because Walgreens has a contract for exclusives but they’re not funding Marvel Legends.

Well that explains that then - thanks! Shame for us Canucks, maybe I'll get lucky through the thread as others have.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

drat, after not buying any other Joes outside of Storm Shadow... I have a strong need for the Snake Eyes/Timber.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Whew, I'm glad I want none of those Joes this time around. I'd want that Snake Eyes if I hadn't gotten the primo one a month back ago at a good price. Not that I could find them with the run I've been on. I've only found Roadblock and Cobra Commander while also having three Targets in my city. I've had to grab the rest online.

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib
Because of the distribution fiasco for Joe’s, is anyone looking into the Action Force line that should be shipping this month?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I guess Nickelodeon are just handing out Avatar toy licences now. Aang looks terrible.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Appa looks like a Muppet.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
They need to hand out the license to Bandai so they can make some awesome SHFs with good sculpts, martial arts capable articulation, good paint and plastic quality, a normal loving scale, and accessories that don’t involve the loving pegs being clearly visible in the characters’ hands.

gently caress you, Todd.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

Appa looks like a Muppet.

Why insult the Muppets?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Are there any good sites for action figure pricing? I have a bunch of crap that was my dad's and I'm tired of holding onto it. I want to get it out of my basement.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Search for it on eBay and then select only Sold Items and you’ll get a rough estimate of what each thing is going for right now.

Out of curiosity, what are you looking to sell?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Search for it on eBay and then select only Sold Items and you’ll get a rough estimate of what each thing is going for right now.

Out of curiosity, what are you looking to sell?

Star Wars, some star Trek, black hole, gi-joe, action man(?), and some other stuff.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Star Wars, some star Trek, black hole, gi-joe, action man(?), and some other stuff.

Action Man is the UK name for the old 12” GI Joe figures. That said, there were a lot of UK centric outfits/accessories.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The_Doctor posted:

Action Man is the UK name for the old 12” GI Joe figures. That said, there were a lot of UK centric outfits/accessories.

More like inaction man.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
Starting in the 90s, Action Man also became its own thing - 12" figures with more of an adventurer/comic booky theme rather than military

edit: although come to think of it they did do the occasional commando-type figure

Lamont fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 6, 2021

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got the Marvel Legends MODOK. In person, he's great. The size is good and the sculpt is really well done. Plus, I picked him up from Gamestop and I guess he's on sale right now?? At least at mine he was $45.

Just two hoverchair bros hanging out

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The_Doctor posted:

I had a message for the action man, but I'm not sure I want to deliver it now.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I had a message for the action man, but I'm not sure I want to deliver it now.

"I'm crappy, yup, you're crappy too."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Ashes to Ashes