Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

PhotoKirk posted:

That's also the sound they used for the Millennium Falcon's hyperdrive failure. I love that sound.

Basically every spaceship in the Star Wars movies uses a variety of sounds from WW2 aircraft for its general mechanical noises. Ben Burtt had a whole pile of reels of war footage and just grabbed whatever sounded cool. The main hyperdrive failing noise is indeed the inertial starter from some old biplane, though it's mixed with a whole bunch of other stuff like rattling pipes, and here's Burtt himself explaining it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G6RChOLrTA

The cinematography of the space battle scenes is also heavily inspired by WW2 gun camera footage. See: the ball turrets in the Millennium Falcon, the red and green laser bolts that look exactly like tracers, the Dambusters-esque trench run shots, etc.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Captain Apollo posted:

For the record, I'm not an ultra-libertarian privacy gun nut in real life.

Except when you are:

Captain Apollo posted:

Chips - You're a smart guy. You have great knowledge on aviation. You're also Canadian.

I, for one, don't like publicly searchable databases. Just as England weirds me straight the gently caress out with their network of CCTVs, I get weirded out when the feds have a public database of us individuals that should have our papers in order, Komrade.

I have gone to lengths to remove to public information from the FAA database to the extent it's allowed. I also really wish I had registered my airplane in an LLC in a different state to separate the tail number from me personally.

When I was renting airplanes I LOVED posting tail numbers and links to flightaware. Now? I would rather have my fingernails forced off than have Johnny Public be able to google information that I don't willingly put out there. As I've gotten older (bought an airplane and paid taxes and am liable for my stuff), the idea that I can be tracked when I travel to places makes me feel like my freedom to travel is being sorely limited.

Not to mention how terrible the news media is regarding general aviation.

I think in Canada and Europe there isn't this maliciousness associated with the idea of tracking private flights. But, I think it sucks in the US and another reason the ADS-B mandate is encountering so much resistance. Look at how much trouble Lebron James or Steve Jobs had going to places because somebody tracked their flights...... It's...weird, and I think it goes too far.

I'm not doing this to 'lose the feds,' I'm doing this because I don't want the general public knowing where I am going or what I'm doing. In the end, I think those that register their drones will notice that they are now part of a broad fed database they didn't really want to be in, but didn't understand what they were signing up for at the time of this "fee waiving registration event."

Holy poo poo dude don't forget to pack your tinfoil when you go outside. The Feds might be reading your brainwaves.

Godholio posted:

It seems kind of hosed up that my kid's name and address should become public information because of a $50 present from Toys-R-Us. Especially when the regulation in question is explicitly NOT what they were authorized to do.

You act like closing that very obvious policy gap and tightening up the language would stop people from making GBS threads their pants over it.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Dec 21, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Linedance posted:

It's really a cultural oddity. In places with federal databases, nobody really gives a poo poo. But since the US is full of paranoid nutjobs with guns, you fly your drone over the wrong ranch and Mr. Git-offa-mah-propertay might pay you a visit with his shotgun. This isn't a genuine concern in other countries.
On a bit of a tangent, I never understood the resistance to government databases coupled with the utter blasé attitude toward private company databases. Visa knows far more about you and your habits than the government ever will. Same with your insurance company. The fact that people trust private for profit companies with their personal information with no oversight over a government entity that must follow strict regulations is strange. I guess it's not strictly this black and white, but either go off grid entirely or don't worry about it and buy your drugs with cash.

Visa can't come to my house and arrest me, make me wait several days for an initial hearing where they decide to continue holding me for several months before deciding whether to hold me for years. No-knock warrants and the like have kind of soured a lot of people on trusting the government. And it only takes one crazy/angry ex to get your guns seized in a handful of states already. Pretty sure one of mine would if I lived in one of those states and she knew about it. You basically have no provision for defense or appeal at the time of seizure, either. It takes months to get your property back, if you ever do. Then you've got people or organizations who maybe want to track you down for some reason...bill collectors, exes, someone who saw your name in the Ashley Madison leak, whatever. Now your address is a google search away. Or an organization that just wants to be a nuisance, like the NY Post did when it got access to the NYC gun permit list and started printing the names of people it felt deserved to be highlighted.

No loving thank you. Humans are poo poo and the fewer of you that know where I live, the better. I've had a stalker. As a kid I had threats against my family because I had police officers in the family and I share a first/last name with one of them. So no, I really don't want to be on a loving public list.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You act like closing that very obvious policy gap and tightening up the language would stop people from making GBS threads their pants over it.

It boggles my mind that you have any optimism whatsoever in a government agency doing the right thing. Their mandate was to do something completely different and this is what they issued. So from square one they're doing the "wrong" thing here.

Ironically I quote you immediately after ranting about people having my address.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 21, 2015

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Captain Apollo posted:

I think in Canada and Europe there isn't this maliciousness associated with the idea of tracking private flights
Poor lebron and steve!

You're the indisposed millionaire they keep talking about.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Yeah, sure, crazed gun owners are gonna hunt down and murder drone operators, pedophiles are going to use the license database as a target list to carry off children with giant cage-equipped quadcopters, and those fiendish feminists are going to get our drones confiscated! :tinfoil:

Sagebrush posted:

the red and green laser bolts that look exactly like tracers

The colors can't be a coincidence either, since US/NATO tracer ammo is generally red colored whereas Combloc ammo uses green.

Colonel K
Jun 29, 2009
you're forgetting clever criminals noting high value items or potentially knowing when you are away.

It really isn't conspiracy stuff when you've seen the damage false accusations without evidence can do to an individual. Particularly when an overzealous employer / police force gets involved

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Sagebrush posted:

the Dambusters-esque trench run shots, etc.

esque? It is almost the same dialog and action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNdb03Hw18M

Fake Edit: Star Wars with dambusters audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q47GIgmQWo

dambusters with starwars audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NMfBKrdErY

Peter Jackson needs to hurry up and produce his remake of Dambusters, it has been in various stages of pre-development for years now. Weta built 10 aluminium and fiberglass replica lancasters for filming in a few years back.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

drunkill posted:

esque? It is almost the same dialog and action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNdb03Hw18M

Fake Edit: Star Wars with dambusters audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q47GIgmQWo

dambusters with starwars audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NMfBKrdErY

Peter Jackson needs to hurry up and produce his remake of Dambusters, it has been in various stages of pre-development for years now. Weta built 10 aluminium and fiberglass replica lancasters for filming in a few years back.

Literally impossible due to the name of the dog.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Godholio posted:

No loving thank you. Humans are poo poo and the fewer of you that know where I live, the better. I've had a stalker. As a kid I had threats against my family because I had police officers in the family and I share a first/last name with one of them. So no, I really don't want to be on a loving public list.

Do you not vote? Because in my state (Florida) being a registered voter puts you on the voter list publicly, which means your DOB, address and phone number are all public information.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Godholio posted:

Visa can't come to my house and arrest me, make me wait several days for an initial hearing where they decide to continue holding me for several months before deciding whether to hold me for years. No-knock warrants and the like have kind of soured a lot of people on trusting the government. And it only takes one crazy/angry ex to get your guns seized in a handful of states already. Pretty sure one of mine would if I lived in one of those states and she knew about it. You basically have no provision for defense or appeal at the time of seizure, either. It takes months to get your property back, if you ever do. Then you've got people or organizations who maybe want to track you down for some reason...bill collectors, exes, someone who saw your name in the Ashley Madison leak, whatever. Now your address is a google search away. Or an organization that just wants to be a nuisance, like the NY Post did when it got access to the NYC gun permit list and started printing the names of people it felt deserved to be highlighted.

No loving thank you. Humans are poo poo and the fewer of you that know where I live, the better. I've had a stalker. As a kid I had threats against my family because I had police officers in the family and I share a first/last name with one of them. So no, I really don't want to be on a loving public list

But none of that has anything to do with a publicly available database? If the police want to investigate you for something, they get a warrant to find out what you've been buying and where from visa and your bank and amazon, they get a warrant for your phone records and location from google and verizon, etc.,etc. If your crazy ex wants to gently caress you over they don't need a public database, they know who you are already.
The stalker thing, like some Internet creep taking pictures of your house, OK, maybe that's a legitimate concern for you. So register your drone under your dog's name at a PO box. If you get up to some fuckery with it and the police need to get involved, they can get your info from the post office, at which point the fact that you used your dog's name to register or something is probably the least of your problems.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Literally impossible due to the name of the dog.
Stephen Fry wrote the script and they changed it to Digger.

Stephen Fry posted:

It’s no good saying that it is the Latin word for black or that it didn’t have the meaning that it does now – you just can’t go back, which is unfortunate.
You can go to RAF Scampton and see the dog’s grave and there he is with his name, and it’s an important part of the film.
The name of the dog was a code word to show that the dam had been successfully breached.
In the film, you’re constantly hearing ‘N-word, N-word, N-word, hurray’ and Barnes Wallis is punching the air. But obviously that’s not going to happen now.
So Digger seems OK, I reckon.
Perhaps a roundabout modern reference to the number of australian and new zealand pilots involved in the operation.

Looking into it, it seems at least 5 of the Lancaster replicas have been moved around new zealand a few times in the past couple of months, in and out of storage, so some test filming may have taken place.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Dec 21, 2015

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colonel K posted:

you're forgetting clever criminals noting potentially knowing when you are away.

Do you have to inform them of your vacation days when you get the N number for your drone?

Colonel K
Jun 29, 2009

fknlo posted:

Do you have to inform them of your vacation days when you get the N number for your drone?

The GA obvious case is using one of the spotters database or online flight trackers. It's a bit like footballers having their burgled when they're at away games or on international duty.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There are much easier ways to know when to burglarize people.

As a bonus, you can target people who aren't GA pilots.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Something tells me the vast majority of home burglars would be way too lazy to do research like that.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Party Plane Jones posted:

Do you not vote? Because in my state (Florida) being a registered voter puts you on the voter list publicly, which means your DOB, address and phone number are all public information.

That doesn't include people under the age of 18. And I don't think that's an open, web searchable, database.

slidebite posted:

Something tells me the vast majority of home burglars would be way too lazy to do research like that.

Some of them are good. There was one in my dad's neighborhood that had essentially free reign until he lucked into a mob owned house.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

standard.deviant posted:

Motor vehicles are not in a public database, and those can and do cause much more immediate harm than drones that are within the scope of this regulation.

This depends on the state.

In states where DMV records are publicly accessible, the worst thing that happens is mailers from car dealerships saying, "Dear NAME, your 1987 Chevy Citation is in very high demand and we are prepared to offer you TOP DOLLAR for your trade-in!"

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Just to give y'all a bit of perspective, in Soviet Sweden, if you know someone's name (and how to distinguish them from other people with the same/similar names) you can immediately look up, using free internet services only:
- marital status and details of partner
- full address (including apartment number)
- ownership of and/or board positions in any Swedish business(es)

If you're willing to pay a buck or two for further internet staking or are willing to write an email to certain authorities, you can also look up taxed income from all sources, credit status, all court cases where the individual in question has been involved, any motor vehicle ownership and probably a whole bunch of other poo poo I've forgotten.

The vast majority of people accept this and there are a lot of little conveniences in society that rely on it (for example, when you move, you send in a form (usually via their web page) to the tax authority and all authorities as well as most major businesses such as ISP's and banks will have your new address within the next few business days depending on how often they update their info from the central databases). If you get stalked maliciously, though, you can apply for a protected identity, no questions asked, which delists you from everything but is a minor inconvenience to live with because it'll get harder to interact with banks and authorities.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 21, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's not that easy in every state, and in any case I still want to limit the number of ways I'm hosed by the government. They already let China have all my personal information, family's and friends' personal information, credit history, work history, residence history, etc. I might as well just hang a loving sign outside with everything, I guess.

Linedance posted:

But none of that has anything to do with a publicly available database? If the police want to investigate you for something, they get a warrant to find out what you've been buying and where from visa and your bank and amazon, they get a warrant for your phone records and location from google and verizon, etc.,etc. If your crazy ex wants to gently caress you over they don't need a public database, they know who you are already.

The point was that Visa can't hurt me the way the government can. I'm not terribly worried about them doing anything with my information besides releasing it.

quote:

The stalker thing, like some Internet creep taking pictures of your house, OK, maybe that's a legitimate concern for you. So register your drone under your dog's name at a PO box. If you get up to some fuckery with it and the police need to get involved, they can get your info from the post office, at which point the fact that you used your dog's name to register or something is probably the least of your problems.

Cool, fraud.

If your argument is that I shouldn't care about getting screwed over because I've already been screwed over in a similar way by another government agency, we are simply NOT going to agree.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 21, 2015

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Just to break up dronechat for a sec:

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

TheFluff posted:

If you're willing to pay a buck or two for further internet staking or are willing to write an email to certain authorities, you can also look up taxed income from all sources, credit status, all court cases where the individual in question has been involved, any motor vehicle ownership and probably a whole bunch of other poo poo I've forgotten.

You'd be amazed at what a buck or two does for stopping people looking you up. Actually, if you are, I wonder how you're a member of SA. The $10 is the best idiot filter I've found.

Even if it's free, but not on the internet, stops most of them.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Nebakenezzer posted:

Just to break up dronechat for a sec:

I didn't know they made a War Thunder comic.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
http://www.space.com/31422-earthris...bpr=17610706465

The internet thinks that these new Earthrise photos are pretty epic. Inside the article it mentions that the lunar orbiter turns itself around to look at Earth or Space in general to re-calibrate itself. My question - How does this happen? Does a satellite carry with it some sort of micro Reaction COntrols System (RCS) like they did in the Apollo style modules?

Do you have to outfit a satellite with some sort of hydrogen tanks for the intended life of the mission to be able to turn it around or is this really just planned changes in orientation by each orbit?

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Captain Apollo posted:

http://www.space.com/31422-earthris...bpr=17610706465

Inside the article it mentions that the lunar orbiter turns itself around to look at Earth or Space in general to re-calibrate itself. My question - How does this happen? Does a satellite carry with it some sort of micro Reaction COntrols System (RCS) like they did in the Apollo style modules?

If I've learned anything from Kerbal Space Program, it's that you can control attitude pretty well with basically some tuned flywheels: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaction_wheel
You can also use magnets if you're in the presence of a magnetic field: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetorquer

Both would have the benefit of recharging from the renewable solar panels (or radioisotope thermal nuclear whatsit I guess) instead of using nonreplaceable chemical fuels. I can't seem to find much about how common they are though. There's a spaceflight megathread; maybe they know more there? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3580990

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Captain Apollo posted:

My question - How does this happen? Does a satellite carry with it some sort of micro Reaction COntrols System (RCS) like they did in the Apollo style modules?

Do you have to outfit a satellite with some sort of hydrogen tanks for the intended life of the mission to be able to turn it around or is this really just planned changes in orientation by each orbit?

Yes, yes, and yes. And then some other methods too.

Lets start with the ISS, as it's a big sonofa, and has ~all~ the methods.

The most obvious method for maintaining orientation of a spacecraft are reaction jets. For station keeping, you will usually use a monopropellant or "cold gas" thruster. Monoproellant is something like Hydrazine, or Hydrogen Peroxide. Cold gas is just compressed N2. (typically) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_gas_thruster

If you don't care about changing direction, you can use gravity gradiant to keep your spaceship in line. Put the heavy stuff at one end, and your spacecraft will orbit with that end up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity-gradient_stabilization The ISS will settle one side up if nothing is working against it. Though, one has to wonder if aerodynamic effects matter more than gravity gradient at the ISS's altitude.

The ISS mostly orients itself using gyroscopes. Each set of gyroscopes is set up to handle a certain axis. And by twisting the gyros, they produce torque. This is a procession effect, not an inertial effect. These are called control moment gyroscopes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_moment_gyroscope The only limit on a CMG is the cabling the gimbal. When that happens, you need to shut the gyro down, and reset it.

Some spacecraft fly with reaction wheels, which use a small weight as something to push against. Now the obvious limit on those is at a certian point the flywheel is spinning as fast as it can you can't get any more work out of it. Then you need a system to hold the spacecraft in place while you spin down the flywheel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaction_wheel

If you're flying in a magnetic field, you can put a coil of wire around your spacecraft, and apply current to it. This will let you generate torque against the planets magnetic field. IIRC the ISS uses this when the CMGs are taken offline. Planetlabs uses magnatorquers to handle their satellite attitude control as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetorquer This doesn't work on deep space missions. And it probably doesn't work for the moon.

In the case of the lunar orbiter, it's going to be using hydrazine thrusters to spin itself around. And keep itself in orbit. Orbiting the moon is VERY hard. The moons internal density is highly variable, so there really are no stable orbits around the moon. Most objects fall out of orbit in days, and if your'e really lucky, you can manage a few months. Any long term lunar orbit requires frequent orbit adjustments.

This does put a clock on most missions. And when a satellite is designed, the biggest limiting factor is available propellant.

Nerobro fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 21, 2015

CBJamo
Jul 15, 2012

hogmartin posted:

If I've learned anything from Kerbal Space Program, it's that you can control attitude pretty well with basically some tuned flywheels: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaction_wheel
You can also use magnets if you're in the presence of a magnetic field: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetorquer

Both would have the benefit of recharging from the renewable solar panels (or radioisotope thermal nuclear whatsit I guess) instead of using nonreplaceable chemical fuels. I can't seem to find much about how common they are though. There's a spaceflight megathread; maybe they know more there? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3580990

KSP makes a big simplification by not putting a limit on the amount of torque you can produce with a reaction wheel.

The LRO also uses a set of reaction wheels to make precise attitude adjustments while imaging. If you want to dig in, NASA has a page describing the LRO systems here: https://directory.eoportal.org/web/eoportal/satellite-missions/l/lro

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Don't tell anyone, but I did zero research on the LRO.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Nerobro posted:

When it comes to stuff that is out there to interfere with GA, and CA, there just aren't that many of them. The quads that are a problem, are the ones sold by DJI. DJI is a 10 million dollar company. A quadcopter setup from them is on the order of $1500. That gives a maximum of about 6700 DJI quadcopters on the market.

Lets assume DYS, Cheeson, hubsan, horizon hobby, etc.. are together as big as DJI. There ~might~ be 13,000 quadcopters with the ability to do things that really give pilots hives. Unlike real airplanes, these things have a 7-25 minute flight time, and the batteries take hours to charge. Also, people crash them. A lot. They're also expensive, so people tend to not like to put them in places that might get them hurt. (Unlike my quads, where props are $1 each, a DJI prop is $10.)

Lets say 5% of that 13,000 is a potential problem. Your panties are in a bunch over 650 quadcopters... Worldwide.

The "500,000" number you'r hearing bandied about includes the $20 cheerson CX-10, the $150 Estes ProtoX, the Hubsan 105, and 107 series, .... all stuff that won't get registered anyway. The VAST majority of the "drone" market is aircraft to small, and with to short of a flight time, to be a problem. Ranges of tens, maybe hundreds of feet, flight times of five, maybe ten minutes.

Your numbers are a bit off. DJI did $500M in revenue in 2014, and is expected to hit $1B in revenue for 2015. Based on what seems like a decent guess from known data DJI sold around 500k drones launch through 2014, and is expected to probably have sold another 500k in 2015 alone.

Nerobro posted:

I found this out yesterday I think. I'm about to go cancel my HAM license. And license numbers are sequential, and regional. I can take a guess, and find someones address.

Bad news; historical call sign info is also retained by the FCC and other 3rd parties and easily accessible online.

Normal Person
Oct 14, 2011
Another day, another Southwest fuckup.
https://twitter.com/TheDrewLynch/status/678722217467768832

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

fordan posted:

Your numbers are a bit off. DJI did $500M in revenue in 2014, and is expected to hit $1B in revenue for 2015. Based on what seems like a decent guess from known data DJI sold around 500k drones launch through 2014, and is expected to probably have sold another 500k in 2015 alone.

Bad news; historical call sign info is also retained by the FCC and other 3rd parties and easily accessible online.

Look like I should have dug harder on the DJI company value. The call sign stuff was being silly. It's on the internet.. it's not gonna go anywhere. :-/

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The Skydeck: an actual idea for airplanes

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

You'd have to pry me kicking and screaming out of that thing.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

MrYenko posted:

Much like people in the nose-cone of Aluminum Overcast

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

mlmp08 posted:

A good friend of mine has a half hour of left seat time in Witchcraft over the keys in his logbook, when she was visiting Marathon, with pictures to prove it. I still have no idea how he talked his way into it.

Dickfaced rear end in a top hat.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

I neeeed to get aboard that thing when it comes by my end of Florida.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

I neeeed to get aboard that thing when it comes by my end of Florida.

It's loving cool. In all seriousness, no one on our flight was trying to hog the nose, but it's very, very easy to absentmindedly overstay your welcome. A WW2 B-24 vet lost track of time in there and had to be gently reminded to leave. Then I did the same thing, but the crew is really chill about it if as soon as they say "hey buddy, time's up" you just apologize and get out of there stat.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

In 2016 I'll hopefully be able to go to Warbird Adventures and actually get behind a stick.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MrYenko posted:

Like any of us will ever see it. It'll go for first class ticket price times six.

0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?

You'll see it on every Russian business jet. Also with white leather seating, gold trimmed everything.

And if Trump gets elected, Air Force One will get it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Southwest will have plastic seats painted in bass boat metalflake. 2 minutes each ride, 50 cents each in an old arcade slot.