Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Grouchio posted:

What supposedly is the funniest souls LP they have done besides Bloodborne?

The duel with Kurt Cobain in DS2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

HGH posted:

I can't stop hearing "Welcome to the house of fun" play every time Woolie fucks up, it's great.

Good morning Woolz
Can I help you Pat?
Souls 1 today
Pick a funnel
Big damage for big boys
Or so Pat claims
So if we're wrong
Then we're on our way

Box for smithing
Featherlight fire gloves
Partizan at +10
Swing it at a wall
Boss souls not put away
Undead grin
Prince Ricard the stabber
Has just walked in

Welcome to the House of Sen
Now I'm mostly salt
Welcome to Dark Souls 1
Pat's being wrong again
Welcome to the House of...

N-n-n-n-n-n-no no Pat
You misunderstood
Souls big boys
Full roll and a heavy shield
I hate these snakes
But today's Snake Day
So if you'll guide
Then we're on our way

Now I'm mostly salt
Welcome to Dark Souls 1
Pat's being wrong again
Welcome to the House of (Sen)

I'm sorry Woolz
But we can't stop
People hard quit
In this spot
Just do what I say
It's much quicker that way
This is an LP, not a fuckthrough

Goddamnit Pat
Well I guess you're right
But I'm never using that Halberd,
Do you hear?
You said you knew this one
We'll never get away with it
Too late!
Internets caught up
Well hello fans, hello idiots
Why do you suck so bad at this game

etc

Good thing nobody invoked Our House (Sens House / In the middle of the game)

Jesus christ I need to get a job or something :downsgun:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Tae posted:

Okay for that specific mission, have Cordelia and/or Sumia pair-up with a tank support *like Kellam or a cavalier*, maybe eat a defense tonic, and have her take on those 3 peg knights. There, that solves most of your problem.

Thanks, I sorted it out and only lost one villager in the end though. Kinda getting the hang of the game with every mission. The biggest issue I have is leveling underleveled characters like the villager kid who is level 2 while most others are 8+. I'm not good enough to carry him yet. :(

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You can always grind on random monsters, but a hint for Donnel's paralogue is that archers are free kills for him, and there's a few on his map for a reason. Surround an archer at melee range and have Donnel poke his stick at them until they die. Should be level 5-6 by the end usually when he fully joins your party.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Foxhound posted:

Thanks, I sorted it out and only lost one villager in the end though. Kinda getting the hang of the game with every mission. The biggest issue I have is leveling underleveled characters like the villager kid who is level 2 while most others are 8+. I'm not good enough to carry him yet. :(

If you're really getting bullied no matter what you do then use this

https://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-Awakening/

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
This Double Dragon intro is strong...

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Oh god is this gonna end with Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls for Scrublords?

I don't care that they already did it for Scrublords Classic, they need to force Pat to play it

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

he is going to die to every single trap

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
THIS IS SO STRONG

Goddamn

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TaurusOxford posted:

This Double Dragon intro is strong...
It is easily the best intro they've ever had

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Man, I'm really enjoying DS3. Not sure if its an effect of having friends who are doing playthroughs at the same time, or the fact I went a STR build after two games of DEX builds. Using a UGS (Cathedral Knight's to be specific) and holy poo poo is this thing fun. Makes me kind of understand why people want Woolie to get damage.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Truly the power of the 2snacks intro for Week of Double Dragon is undeniable.

e: Also Horses are weak to Fisherman Hook Suplexes, Attitude Adjusters and Tatsu's.

DPM fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 14, 2017

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Genocyber posted:

Correct. That's a mistake I'd be perfectly fine with forgiving Pat for, though. It's such bullshit.

I've played DS1 for over 300 hours, and never knew that. gently caress.

Agreeing that Double Dragon intro is their best ever, holy poo poo.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I never knew you could use that snake to break the wall

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

hoobajoo posted:

I've played DS1 for over 300 hours, and never knew that. gently caress.

Agreeing that Double Dragon intro is their best ever, holy poo poo.

DS1 has a bunch of stupid bullshit like that. Demon Firesage for example: has fire in the name, is covered in fire, throws fire at you; pure magic damage. :colbert:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Justice Sloth posted:

DS1 has a bunch of stupid bullshit like that. Demon Firesage for example: has fire in the name, is covered in fire, throws fire at you; pure magic damage. :colbert:

Also, lives in a place filled with fire.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Neo_Crimson posted:

The duel with Kurt Cobain in DS2.

The Plague duel at Dragon Aerie is top 5 Best Friends moments ever.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Also, lives in a place filled with fire.
And possesses mediocre fire resistance, making literally fighting fire with fire a more than viable strategy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Justice Sloth posted:

Sounds like it'd be intuitive if enemy names popped up anywhere besides bosses.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The Plague duel at Dragon Aerie is top 5 Best Friends moments ever.

Yes. Yes it is.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

FauxGateau posted:

woolie playing the DLC of vanilla ds2. Not the whole thing just the dlc where he's hilariously rusty.

That DLC thrashed me when I was going through as part of my playthrough, so that'll be amusing.

Buckets posted:

Also, despite what it looks like I'm pretty sure the lightning attack the snake ladies throw is actually pure magic damage. The crest shield is the shield of choice for Sen's and Pat is wrong.

Weird. Eagle Shield did wonders for me, but the higher stability may have been a considerable contribution.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

It is easily the best intro they've ever had

Nah that one goes to the SRW intro they had during mechaweek 2.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Monaghan posted:

Cranky's style is one step removed from funkopop figures. At least that's what I think everytime I see it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I had always heard of Funkopop but never seen them until someone started constantly talking about them last week and wow I hate those things.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
This Double Dragon intro is pretty excellent.

Monaghan posted:

That's not even the best Mechaweek intro, which is the intro to Mechaweek 1, special points for the Mobile Suit Gundam edition.

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Feb 14, 2017

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I think I have to give "best intro" to the Reboot LP.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Cryme Time is the best.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

While we're talking about great intros, I would like to remind everyone how great the Rustlecuffs intro is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY-gHhS_d8U&t=21s

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Justice Sloth posted:

This Double Dragon intro is pretty excellent.

That's not even the best Mechaweek intro, which is the intro to Mechaweek 1, special points for the Mobile Suit Gundam edition.

I love SRW and having all the cast imagined as mecha's with them spouting out anime cliches just hit all the right spots for me.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

I love SRW and having all the cast imagined as mecha's with them spouting out anime cliches just hit all the right spots for me.

The best part was they were all beating on a Beyond: Two Souls robot.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
I haven't been paying attention to the Souls LPs so I only know the "Pat confuses Dark Souls lore" second hand through shops and memes, but I got the intense feeling of those jokes when he completely got the ETA of the Switch wrong on the podcast.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

havenwaters posted:

Yes. Yes it is.

It's even better in context because Plague had been threatening him for literally WEEKS up to that point, and they were so happy it was in such an epic location, ready for the true final battle.

Then the lag kicked in.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Anyone got a link to that bit? I feel like rewatching but I have no idea when it even was.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Original episode of the Plague invasion
Fancy video that uses both Plague and Pat/Woolie's perspectives/videos

That reminds me, I tried to go back into the Bloodborne LP a while back and couldn't. Not because of the guys or anything, but the horrible launch day loading times. After playing Nioh those things just feel utterly insane, although I know the comparison doesn't stand since Nioh doesn't have to load in an entire open world all the time.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Monaghan posted:

Oh no I totally agree there, week 2's concept is much stronger and the guys' voicing goofy lines really gives it memorability, but week 1's art and visual composition blow 2's out of the water. Those dynamic vertical cut-aways of the boys; the cool dutch angle of them walking into the hangar with the mechs framed in the background; the interior shot of the cockpit with the monitors lighting up a few at a time. Almost looks like a storyboard intro to a real show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NttAfgW-ebE

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 15, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Happy Anniversary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuL4IaCf4qM

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Okay so what's the story with Laura Kate Dale? A bunch of people are skipping today's podcast so something must be up.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

She's one of those dreaded SJWs. Also shes a hack who was only like 75% accurate with her Nintendo Switch leaks.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wiseblood posted:

She's one of those dreaded SJWs. Also shes a hack who was only like 75% accurate with her Nintendo Switch leaks.
Can anyone who watched the livestream tell me how the podcast went/if it's watchable even with a 'woke' person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It was one of the best podcast guests, honestly. Mostly because she's a die-hard fan and joined in on calling out and egging on Pat's hypocrisy. They nerded out over John Wick so much.