Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I think the NOVA combined with an impending move has killed my 40k motivation. Which is good because I won't have to figure out how to fight the new Tau and by the time I come back early next year I'll have a new Eldar codex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Should have done the Narrative, I've been more pumped than usual.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

If I had more 2nd edition plague marines I'd be all over that. Still trying to get that dang power fist guy.

He's the coolest guy in the game, haven't been able to get him in the over ten years since I first saw pictures.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/10/2/277106-Plague%20Marine%20Champion%20with%20Bolter%20and%20Power%20Fist.jpg

Bonus, "Marines look better with natural poses:"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The sisko and bulbasaur are having a nice game of 30k at my house.

They brought pizza and beer. Good hams.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Tell me the beer can is the primary objective.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Uroboros posted:

Tell me the beer can is the primary objective.

Well I'm not playing so it's my primary objective!

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Seriously though if someone finds that pointing power first guy I will purchase that so fast.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

This guy? Yeah I can't recall what set that it's from but it lives in my bit box.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I want to say that it's from the old devastator box.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

PantsOptional posted:

I want to say that it's from the old devastator box.

Oh poo poo did they redo everything from that box not just add the new weapons?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

They redid a lot. The new power fist is still pointing but it has a skull and a scroll instead of the two bits of scroll.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

This guy? Yeah I can't recall what set that it's from but it lives in my bit box.

This guy: (I was too lazy to rehost the image, merely linked to it above)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Post 9-11 User posted:

This guy: (I was too lazy to rehost the image, merely linked to it above)

I love those old Plague Marines, my favorite's the plasma gunner with the wooden plasma gun:

I used to have a handful of old Chaos Marines but I traded them for a copy of Space Hulk that's still in its shrink wrap.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

That's an old metal plague marine, long since out of production. I don't know if that actually exists as a bit, the fig may all be one solid piece.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I got a couple of blisters of the old metal "special weapon" plague marines, leftover from the days when your unit options came randomly assorted two at a time, from an unknowing comic store selling them at a discount. Best deal ever. I love the older plague marines because of the '80's grunge-metal fantasy look they have, like they just crawled out of Wizards or something. I just don't have the time and income to trawl eBay for them. :/

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Same. I liked Plaguemarines better when they were defined by something other than poorly greenstuffed entrails and The Gout.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Are there any good notGW makers of MK III Iron style legs (or I guess just Space Marine legs in general)? I got some from Forge World and they're pretty awesome. Using some for some Heresy-era Death Guard and 40k-era Death Guard vets. Want more, but don't want to spend $billion on them each time.

Found one Russian recast seller, but that's all so far.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DrPop posted:

Are there any good notGW makers of MK III Iron style legs (or I guess just Space Marine legs in general)? I got some from Forge World and they're pretty awesome. Using some for some Heresy-era Death Guard and 40k-era Death Guard vets. Want more, but don't want to spend $billion on them each time.

Check yo inbox before yo break yo wallet.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

DrPop posted:

https://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/Exo-Lords/Legs

They've got more exposed wires & cables on the back of the legs, but they do they job.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Thanks and thanks!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

https://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/Exo-Lords/Legs

They've got more exposed wires & cables on the back of the legs, but they do they job.

Since somebody brought them up, man I really want their Madison Yoshida power armor character. Looks so good.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
r u ready to kill some ghosts??6

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i am now

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I like that a lot more than the Stormsurge.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
bright orange or bright white, real loving stealthy

I do like those models though

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

you fashionista, you~~

e. More swriously, the head that we had first seen on the ghostkeel was really off-putting, but the one used on the ochre model looks way better.
e2. lol @ the mold lines still on the model

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 5, 2015

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Does 130 points seem super cheap to anyone else?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

What the gently caress do keels have to do with battle suits or ghosts?

Unless it's a ghost ship.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Citadel knows it has a power squat addiction, it is now sculpting large thighs to showcase their training gains.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

...hey, what's the Fire Team special rule? Something from the new Codex?

Lincodkilla: Tau have a sea theme to a lot of their names, so yeah, ship.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Esser-Z posted:

That's new and we have no idea. Speculate away! Or don't, because why would you do that.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Esser-Z posted:

Keel is the bottom backbone of a ship. The foundation you could say. This name is totally nonsensical.

Next unit is going to be called BansheeAnchor.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Those things are just a crisis suit sized stealth suit, right?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

NTRabbit posted:

Those things are just a crisis suit sized stealth suit, right?

The Ghostface Keela suit looks closer to Broadside-sized.

Also got some reinforcements for my Blood Axes today:

- 22 shoota boyz
- 20 grots with 2 slavers
- 15 nobz on sprue
- 2 trukks on sprue
- 3 Kans in various stages of assembly
- 2 Deffkoptas
- Stormclaw warboss assembled
- Stormclaw warboss on sprue
- Leftover sundry bits from assembled stuff

All for a hundo. Models aren't badly assembled either, save the stupid kan.

SRM fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 5, 2015

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Yeah, bigger than crisis, and actually pretty different from normal Stealth suits. I kinda want one, but I know the price will be silly.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Esser-Z posted:

Yeah, bigger than crisis, and actually pretty different from normal Stealth suits. I kinda want one, but I know the price will be silly.

75$US. So yes, silly.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

75$US. So yes, silly.

Haha wow. Yeah I'm sticking with gundams for my mech needs.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

SRM posted:

Also got some reinforcements for my Blood Axes today:

Glad to see you are getting over your 'beakie' problem and are back to the one true faith.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
It's been a while - but remember these guys?

Photobombing the first shot, a Techpriest Dominus and a bunch of (magnetized) Kataphrons. I'm aware the focus is hosed up.

But yeah, finally got some work done on these guys! The basic colors are now blocked out and I gave them all a thorough wash with Seraphim Sepia. I'm letting them dry overnight before I start cleaning up and highlighting them. Not pictured, a Forge World Fire Raptor I ended up finally finishing up for them - I gave it a gloss varnish coat earlier and I'll slap it with a matt varnish tomorrow before I start taking pictures.

I'm finally painting again and it feels great to finish up old projects, eeeeee~ :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
You don't need to give washes more than an hour to dry, but they're coming along! I also like how genuinely upset the dude on the right looks.

• Locked thread