Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

lite_sleepr posted:

Where do I get those VERY GOOD and THANK YOU stones you throw on the ground?
Trade with the crows on the roof of Firelink.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Pickle+Pee,+Pump-a-Rum+Crow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
lol these things are the best

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Mods please rename the thread and the game to Dark Souls 3: Unable to summon phantom

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Internet Kraken posted:

Rapport is a stupidly broken spell that is basically cheating.

return of Shaman Bone Blade extreme.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

lite_sleepr posted:

Mods please rename the thread and the game to Dark Souls 3: Unable to summon phantom

Do you mean 'Dark Souls Franchise: Unable to summon phantom'?

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Since there doesn't seem to be a ds2 thread I have a question. I'm new to these games I have only played like 15 hours of 2 and I'm confused. I leveled my faith to 36 and attunement to 25 and I've received no additional casts for lightning spear which is what I'm building towards. I'd there a certain amount I need because I've been sitting at 3 casts since I got it

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Grody posted:

Since there doesn't seem to be a ds2 thread I have a question. I'm new to these games I have only played like 15 hours of 2 and I'm confused. I leveled my faith to 36 and attunement to 25 and I've received no additional casts for lightning spear which is what I'm building towards. I'd there a certain amount I need because I've been sitting at 3 casts since I got it

It's lightning spear, it sucks horribly and they hate it. The next tier for it is in fact at 26.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It was nerfed into the ground because From hates the Faith stat. Always has.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Ugh gently caress this game. It's not that the bosses or enemies are too difficult, it's the item drop rate.

I currently have the avarice head on, covetous gold serpent ring +1, sages rapier, and a pile of rusted coins for an item find of 386. Why won't this loving thrall at the dilapidated bridge drop his flamberge?

Why can't I buy a flamberge?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Grody posted:

Dark Souls 2 thread

Offensive Miracles got nerfed into the loving dirt in DS2, to the point that I'm pretty sure they're all capped at 3 casts regardless of Attunement. You can use an item like the Saint's Hood or Hexer's Hood to get an additional cast, or the Northern Ritual Ring, but that's about it.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Why do you dip your head in wax in the grand archives?

Is Power Within worth it?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Because it looks cool, dummy.

It also makes you unaffected by the cursed books.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

Dark Souls 2 thread

Offensive Miracles got nerfed into the loving dirt in DS2, to the point that I'm pretty sure they're all capped at 3 casts regardless of Attunement. You can use an item like the Saint's Hood or Hexer's Hood to get an additional cast, or the Northern Ritual Ring, but that's about it.
Only Wrath of the Gods is capped at 3. The rest of them all get notably more casts than that at maximum, even Sunlight Spear (maximum 6). But in any case, if you want to fling spells around in general that aren't just Dark Orb, getting your attunement up helps a bunch. (50 is a good endgame target for a dedicated caster if you don't want to lean too hard on herbs.)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
The best way to get more casts of any spell in DS2 is to find and attune more than one copy. My hexer always had at least three (and sometimes four) copies of Dark Orb attuned. :getin:

Edit: When DS2 first came out, lightning spears demolished everything in the game and could one- or two-shot most players and you got literally quadruple the number of casts. They were way overpowered and needed nerfing but From went overboard and nerfed them so hard that they became completely worthless.

...! fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 17, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
If I haven't seen Anri since the road of sacrifices, is my usurp the flame playthrough hosed? I didn't see Anri in the Catacombs of Carthus OR the church in Irrityl, but Yuria mentions a marriage and asks me if I know Anri. I've killed Sullyvahn and Yhorm already.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 17, 2016

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

lite_sleepr posted:

If I haven't seen Anri since the road of sacrifices, is my usurp the flame playthrough hosed? Yuria mentions a marriage and asks me if I know Anri. I've killed Sullyvahn and Yhorm already.

There's two places to find Anri in the Catacombs. You have to talk to him/her in both to continue the questline.

After you talk both of those places, you will find her in Yorshka's Church in Irithyll. After that, you can go to the bottom of the Anor Londo rotation tower for the "marriage".

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

HaB posted:

There's two places to find Anri in the Catacombs. You have to talk to him/her in both to continue the questline.

After you talk both of those places, you will find her in Yorshka's Church in Irithyll. After that, you can go to the bottom of the Anor Londo rotation tower for the "marriage".

If I'm already well past the catacombs can I still find him?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

lite_sleepr posted:

I think so. I think the only way to permanently screw yourself out of that quest is to either kill the assassin in Yorshka's Church or Heal the Dark Sigils.

When you talk to Anri, even if you DO know where Horace is, don't tell him.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

HaB posted:

I think so. I think the only way to permanently screw yourself out of that quest is to either kill the assassin in Yorshka's Church or Heal the Dark Sigils.

Or kill him then tell him.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

...! posted:

The best way to get more casts of any spell in DS2 is to find and attune more than one copy. My hexer always had at least three (and sometimes four) copies of Dark Orb attuned. :getin:

Edit: When DS2 first came out, lightning spears demolished everything in the game and could one- or two-shot most players and you got literally quadruple the number of casts. They were way overpowered and needed nerfing but From went overboard and nerfed them so hard that they became completely worthless.

They weren't even overpowered vs players because using one at all required you to lock yourself in place for 3 solid seconds while your character said "hello I am going to throw lightning at you. Here it is! Oh yeah I'm gonna throw this thing at you. Here's a big ol' windup, comin' right at you, I hope you're ready!!"

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lite_sleepr posted:

Yes, I had to do this

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

From almost never balances for PVP, especially not in DS2.

The fact that Chaos Blade managed to dodge a nerf in every single patch should have made that crystal clear.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Went for the Usurper of Flame ending, killed Cinder and interacted with the menu. Instinct kicks in, answer yes to whatever that menu says... Welcome to Dark Souls.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
If I recall they also specifically promised to unnerf miracles, because only one of the two nerfs (less casts/less damage) was intended. And then never did, leaving them utter garbage - even through the Remaster. It's kind of sad that lovely-lightning-miracles is the one thing they based on DS2 for DS3 (well and pyromancy having a scaling stat, which also sucks).

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

HaB posted:

Yea I was fine. I'm now positioned to be the new lord of a dead rear end city.

After I found Anri a second time by the bridge in catacombs, I went and killed Horace. I came back and found only a single prism stone in his place. If I hadn't known where to look next I'd have no idea. Anri even said he'd leave a trail of prism stones.

This is the new worst game for cryptic, unintuitive video game quests and mechanics.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 17, 2016

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

HaB posted:

That isn't true. I have managed to get to the final part of the quest twice and I only ever had to talk to Anri above the smoldering lake.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

lite_sleepr posted:

What level is you Gundyrs

SL100. Probably got summoned by a NG+ guy since I had all my hp but I could 1-shot a guy with a full charge.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

lite_sleepr posted:

After I found Anri a second time by the bridge in catacombs, I went and killed Horace. I came back and found only a single prism stone in his place. If I hadn't known where to look next I'd have no idea. Anri even said he'd leave a trail of prism stones.

This quest is obtuse as gently caress I agree but to be fair, if you meet Anri in the catacombs, if you go and fight skellybones next you end up in Irithyll and the church is a pretty necessary bonfire for that area.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lite_sleepr posted:

Ugh gently caress this game. It's not that the bosses or enemies are too difficult, it's the item drop rate.

I currently have the avarice head on, covetous gold serpent ring +1, sages rapier, and a pile of rusted coins for an item find of 386. Why won't this loving thrall at the dilapidated bridge drop his flamberge?

Why can't I buy a flamberge?

That's crazy, I had one drop the very first time I killed him.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Finally got my usurper ending! :woot:

I think it was neat, but my armor set kind of undermined it with the ostentatious feather and big smilin' sun.

Don't watch this if you don't want to see the usurper ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muR9tmzpLCk

Why doesn't Yuria leave the shrine, or fall to her knees before her new lord of hollows :colbert: Why can't I buy her poo poo. The fire keeper keeps telling me to link the first flame, but I usurped it :confused: I caused her to no longer have a reason to exist.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 18, 2016

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So to get the Usurper ending assuming you have done all the steps so far, do you just have to go and link the fire or do something else?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Fitting that the final shackle I needed came from a gank host. His buddies got separated from him chasing some Faithful, so I was able to surprise him. He eventually jumped off a bridge using the silvercat ring to get away from me... not knowing that I was also wearing the silvercat ring. RIP.

Now I just need one tongue, seven sunbro coasters, and... nineteen ears. :suicide:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

That's crazy, I had one drop the very first time I killed him.

On the other hand, I have beaten the game at least two times on a character, and I remember trying to farm for it at least for like 15 minutes, I didn't get a drat thing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

...! posted:

Fitting that the final shackle I needed came from a gank host. His buddies got separated from him chasing some Faithful, so I was able to surprise him. He eventually jumped off a bridge using the silvercat ring to get away from me... not knowing that I was also wearing the silvercat ring. RIP.

Now I just need one tongue, seven sunbro coasters, and... nineteen ears. :suicide:

Join a fight club for a bit. :unsmigghh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hunt11 posted:

So to get the Usurper ending assuming you have done all the steps so far, do you just have to go and link the fire or do something else?

You just link the fire, it takes the place of the 'normal' ending

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

You just link the fire, it takes the place of the 'normal' ending

Just wanted to make sure. Also, it feels so good to be able to use the Fume Ultra Greatsword again

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

SynthOrange posted:

Join a fight club for a bit. :unsmigghh:

is there a way to fight club for ears? You just have to wait to be summoned, right?

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Is there a good NG+ checklist out there for what I should do before ending my first playthrough?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

redreader posted:

is there a way to fight club for ears? You just have to wait to be summoned, right?

No ears from fight clubs, but I hate them anyway. Got one tongue, four coasters, and seventeen ears in two hours tonight. Not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Hunt11 posted:

Yes. The only option you get is 'Link the Flame' but it gives you the usurper cinematic. Though, when you go back to firelink none of the NPCs seem to realize the game is over. Yuria will beseech you to usurp the flame for mankind, and the fire keeper implores you to link the flame, even though you killed the soul of cinders and stole the fire.

I don't know, it's pretty lazy and sloppy programming, and it ruins MY IMMERSION.