Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Whenever I play summoners rift now (rarely) I buy red trinket & Ward smite and then spend all game finding zero wards with my sweeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

wodin posted:

The mode is horrifyingly hard w/out Censer from what I've seen? I can't imagine any of the other ones would be worth it/work.

No I mean, should you buy frostfang/spellthief

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

kingcobweb posted:

It seems like you only get a set amount of gold per level since running the bandit mastery didn't give me any extra.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Nah. I'd go straight Ardent -> Redemption -> Grail or Ardent -> Grail -> Redemption.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

kingcobweb posted:

No. If you gain any gold during the level it will subtract that from the gold you get at the end of each level.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
new mode looks like it could be fun with friends too bad i play league of legends instead of having friends

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Tonight has convinced me that the only way to get my team to do what we need to do to win is to tell them to do the exactly the opposite.

Need them to farm under tower while I draw pressure split pushing? Better tell them to run through the unwarded jungle so they can flank the Olaf I've solo killed 4 times in the last ten minutes.

Need them to team fight around dragon as I have a perfect tp ward behind the enemy team while the aforementioned Olaf is dead? Better tell them that we're too weak to contest.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

henkman posted:

yellow trinket is fine, especially later game when the duration of the ward is longer than the time it takes to recharge means that as a top laner it's easy to get some nice vision coverage in the enemy jungler while you split or whatever. It's really only bad on supports who already have sightstone, junglers since denying vision is really good for ganks and neutral objectives, and ADCs/certain mid laners that I'd rather not have to be next to a bush to get vision
Blue can be kinda nice for checking baron and such but yeah yellow isn't bad on the solo lanes. Its just unfortunate they took red wards out of the store for everyone other than supp and jungle cause it can be kinda hard to get consistent coverage with just one sight stone.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Addamere posted:

new mode looks like it could be fun with friends too bad i play league of legends instead of having friends

Not an empty quote.

Unrelated, I'm having good luck with Lulu in this new mode for carrying pubbie groups - you can do enough damage to chunk a single threat while still keeping your allies alive and yourself fairly healthy.
(Ardent -> Redemption -> Lichbane, probably merc treads for help with Velkoz damage?)

I'm also stomping all over normal matches with Rakan, almost makes me want to try and climb out of my Bronze hell again.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

Blue can be kinda nice for checking baron and such but yeah yellow isn't bad on the solo lanes. Its just unfortunate they took red wards out of the store for everyone other than supp and jungle cause it can be kinda hard to get consistent coverage with just one sight stone.

i do not know why they are always hating on yellow wards, extra vision can serve you really well if you can get creative with usage in the midgame, like after a push mid using it to get vision of their blue buff or something

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

pog boyfriend posted:

i do not know why they are always hating on yellow wards, extra vision can serve you really well if you can get creative with usage in the midgame, like after a push mid using it to get vision of their blue buff or something

It's mostly for chiding teams where the support and jungler haven't gotten Oracle

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Good news for the thread; I've broken up with Leona and Taric is now my new bae. He's tanky like I want to be, but with the added benefits of fitting the Ardent Censer meta and having more to do than just CC > Die.

He also has a kit that uses Trinity Force well for when we're ahead and I'm feeling like I can afford to be selfish.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Taric doesn't really use triforce 'well', lol. I can respect it though

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Warmachine posted:

Good news for the thread; I've broken up with Leona and Taric is now my new bae. He's tanky like I want to be, but with the added benefits of fitting the Ardent Censer meta and having more to do than just CC > Die.

He also has a kit that uses Trinity Force well for when we're ahead and I'm feeling like I can afford to be selfish.

What possible reason do you have for building attack speed on a melee support? If you must buy a sheen, iceborn gauntlet is categorically better.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Taciturn Tactician posted:

What possible reason do you have for building attack speed on a melee support?

It makes you attack faster

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

let the guy triforce kid in peace

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Parallel Playa posted:

Taric doesn't really use triforce 'well', lol. I can respect it though

triforce works on every champion

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

triforce works on every champion

yeah, what else are you going to sell your boots for after you're six slotted

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

What possible reason do you have for building attack speed on a melee support? If you must buy a sheen, iceborn gauntlet is categorically better.

not empty quoting

don't build Triforce on a support budget you morons

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
A fuLly buy trifurcation for sure

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

To be fair, I guess his passive would double the bonus attack speed and give him even faster cds.

Definitely still better to buy iceborn ofc.

Really though, people who want to do damage as a support should just play ap supports ~

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

foutre posted:

To be fair, I guess his passive would double the bonus attack speed and give him even faster cds.

Definitely still better to buy iceborn ofc.

Really though, people who want to do damage as a support should just play ap supports ~

If you want to actually win it is in your best interest to play supports that can easily and repetitively apply Ardent Censer to your ADC who is likely going to be one of Twitch, Tristana, Kogmaw, and Jinx.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
if you want to win i must stress that it is very important to NOT JERK OFF to preserve both your power and horniness levels.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

How Rude posted:

If you want to actually win it is in your best interest to play supports that can easily and repetitively apply Ardent Censer to your ADC who is likely going to be one of Twitch, Tristana, Kogmaw, and Jinx.

Well yeah, I figured we'd already ruled out winning as a goal.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i'm thinking of being a teemo support main. tips?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lovechop posted:

if you want to win i must stress that it is very important to NOT JERK OFF to preserve both your power and horniness levels.

Also you can't play League one-handed.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Just buy ardrent then as much movement increasing items as you can on Taric. Speed Taric is a lot of fun.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

for support teemo the best tip i can give is if you tell yourself the majority of players are stuck in silver 5 it does not feel as bad

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

Take stoneborn pact so that you can trigger censer with your mushrooms.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Teemo is a portmanteau of Teen and Homo.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Lovechop posted:

Do you ever wonder how many people are rubbing one during the loading screen?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
League is good

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Rygar201 posted:

at least one but don't ask me how i know

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Rygar201 posted:

*stares intently at sejuani*

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yeah of course you like the most obvious one

me, I have good taste. I'm a quinn girl.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah of course you like the most obvious one

me, I have good taste. I'm a quinn girl.
At least I'm not the only one jerking off to my posts

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKeaalMWOPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCMLd3SvM3o

:toot:

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

gently caress

YES

YORICK

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Who gives a poo poo about Yorick now that we've finally, after like 6 years, gotten Beekeeper Singed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Vermain posted:

Who gives a poo poo about Yorick now that we've finally, after like 6 years, gotten Beekeeper Singed?
uh why the gently caress is he leaving a trail of honey instead of a trail of angry bees. that's supremely hosed up

• Locked thread