Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I have updated my switch pre-order quantity to 32 units

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheKingofSprings posted:

couch multiplayer is fantastically dead

Theres a website someone probably has the link to with a bunch of games with co op but 90% of them are indie so you might not care.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Theres a website someone probably has the link to with a bunch of games with co op but 90% of them are indie so you might not care.

Yeah, right now I'm doing Tales of Berseria with some buds and that's fun enough but drat those games aren't made for co-op

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Aonuma: Yes, we worked very closely with the 1 2 Switch team, and what we can say is: there is a lot of content in Breath of the Wild that will evoke feelings and memories of 1 2 Switch. For example, Link must milk goats for recipes, and when played with the Joy-Con, you will have to replicate the motions of actually milking a goat. Further, Link encounters a King Bokoblin and accepts a challenge to duel. In this section, you'll be using skills from Quick Draw to time your shot at the King. Basically, the heart of Breath of the Wild is Zelda, but the core is 1 2 Switch.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Serious question, how are you people carrying around these giant USB battery packs? Is this a normal thing people do now to power their phones? I'd never heard of them before this thread and it seems like it would be a lot easier to just carry the charger than haul a sack of batteries around.

I have a Nexus 5 that I refuse to replace and I'm too scared to change the battery so I keep a 11200mah matter around in the bag I bring to work. It doesn't take up that much space and it was $10 on amazon so it isn't that big of a deal.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spellman posted:

Aonuma: Yes, we worked very closely with the 1 2 Switch team, and what we can say is: there is a lot of content in Breath of the Wild that will evoke feelings and memories of 1 2 Switch. For example, Link must milk goats for recipes, and when played with the Joy-Con, you will have to replicate the motions of actually milking a goat. Further, Link encounters a King Bokoblin and accepts a challenge to duel. In this section, you'll be using skills from Quick Draw to time your shot at the King. Basically, the heart of Breath of the Wild is Zelda, but the core is 1 2 Switch.

Pro controller only for me then if real

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'll be looking forward to buying the Switch for couch multiplayer stuff used in a year or two, the PS4 has some fun games I like but couch multiplayer is fantastically dead
Couch multiplayer is mostly dead on consoles (well cept for Nintendo I guess) but it's incredibly alive and well on PC. Like, almost absurdly so. There are far too many decent to great couch games now on Steam.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Spellman posted:

As long as gimmicky waggle controls aren't mandatory, I don't care.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have finally been able to increase my pre-order units from 1 to 100. I will be the Switchking.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cicero posted:

Couch multiplayer is mostly dead on consoles (well cept for Nintendo I guess) but it's incredibly alive and well on PC. Like, almost absurdly so. There are far too many decent to great couch games now on Steam.

Can Confirm.
I bought a Steam link and two controllers for less than $100 and it's boss. I have to use mine over wifi, though, so the more intense games get a bit choppy.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

There are games I get doing this for, but why Bomberman?

Why not Bomberman.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

SilverSupernova posted:

Why not Bomberman.

The AI ruined the graphics.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Video Games doesn't like Bomberman confirmed

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Spellman posted:

I figured as much since the same plate spinning mini game was in 1-2-Switch and BOTW.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fire emblem is good

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Nolgthorn posted:

The AI ruined the graphics.

If Konami really cared about Bomberman they would have had the devs use fox engine and called it Bowieman but instead we get this GARBAGE that requires 8 controllers for 8 players??????

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

fire emblem is good

:ssh: you'll make that one guy make an angry post about it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

if he posts a dumb fire emblem character design i will post candy kong and brutally own him

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Cool thread title

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Bloodplay it again posted:

If Konami really cared about Bomberman they would have had the devs use fox engine and called it Bowieman but instead we get this GARBAGE that requires 8 controllers for 8 players??????

If Konami really cared about Bomberman they would have given the team a bigger budget than a $500 gift code for the Unity asset store.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

not really into fire emblem but glad to see awakening gave it some new life

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Where are we getting all this Bomberman quality info anyway?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Macintosh HD posted:

Where are we getting all this Bomberman quality info anyway?

A mix of people seeing the trailers and official gameplay coverage, and a few people have been to Switch events and have given their impressions

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm only buying a Switch for Bomberman single player so as long as the campaign is good I'll be happy.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Mega64 posted:

I'm only buying a Switch for Bomberman single player so as long as the campaign is good I'll be happy.

ah, same

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Bloodplay it again posted:

If Konami really cared about Bomberman, they'd make the anime girl version a Switch launch title.

On a more serious note, if Bomberman R's multiplayer is even half as good as Live's or Blast's multiplayer was, it will be my favorite game on the system until Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade pop up.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 20, 2017

Mega64
May 23, 2008

If Konami really cared about Bomberman, they'd make a VR game where I could be friends with Bomberman and we could hang out together and drink a few beers and blow up bricks randomly laid out in a grid until we get the greatest prize of all, love and/or the remote detonation powerup.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if konami really cared about bomberman they wouldn't be releasing it on the switch

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

if he posts a dumb fire emblem character design i will post candy kong and brutally own him

Video games have bad designs for female characters, what else is new?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Endorph posted:

fire emblem is good

TheKingofSprings posted:

I am summoned!

Fire emblem is bad and dumb and the math is bad and each new release has been progressively worse. Also haha those graphics are worse than bomberman R. Also haha lets incest bang our lolicon sister and get a baby in her haha

Candy Kong is p creepy but thats made up for by Funky Kong (the coolest)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

jim sterling hates konami
i hate konami

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The series literally went freemium

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jimmy Hats posted:

so did mario

anyway fire emblem is the only worthwhile series nintendo's ever made

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Now I want a Fire Emblem game where you play as Bomberman characters.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Spellman posted:

Is this real or a joke? I can't tell anymore.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

fire emblem is good

i agree

Jimmy Hats posted:

they released a gacha game
and have two other games and a spinoff lined up soon, that arent gacha games

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

EpicNemesis posted:

Is this real or a joke? I can't tell anymore.

It's an alternative interview quote.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Now I want a Fire Emblem game where you play as Bomberman characters.
just hack in a bunch of mines in fe7

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

huh from the sounds of it, looks like Bomberman blows

up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FE's math is insanely simple?

• Locked thread