Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

I Before E posted:

Hey, that's the good Persona game on PS2

The best Persona games were on PS1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Apoplexy posted:

So Nick completely owned this KHive, Russiagate moron on Twitter so hard he had to go private.

Thanks for the reminder that Nick is an unfunny weirdo I guess

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

I Before E posted:

Hey, that's the good Persona game on PS2

*furiously sputtering* that- that’s not anime, it’s an anime you can play! it’s totally different

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cocoa Crispies posted:

*furiously sputtering* that- that’s not anime, it’s an anime you can play! it’s totally different

First post in the thread in months and it just wasn't worth it man... Good attempt though, GG's only.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

In one of the Shocktobers Felix says the time he was having the most sex was when he was broke as gently caress and pretty much only had a mattress in his place.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

MonsieurChoc posted:

The best Persona games were on PS1.

Anime is loving weird

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Will and Virgil are confirmed sex perverts. Will was quoted in that article about the poetry reading and drug-fueled orgy in The Cut

as for the podcast, Matt's been getting on my nerves a little lately. he's been leaning way too heavily on buzzwords, catchphrases, and funny voices. i've noticed he's stopped trying to do a good Trump impersonation and is just going all-in on talking like Jiminy Glick, which was cool at first but has also gotten annoying

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1212063916110557184

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 31, 2019

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

get that OUT of my face posted:

Will and Virgil are confirmed sex perverts. Will was quoted in that article about the poetry reading and drug-fueled orgy in The Cut

as for the podcast, Matt's been getting on my nerves a little lately. he's been leaning way too heavily on buzzwords, catchphrases, and funny voices. i've noticed he's stopped trying to do a good Trump impersonation and is just going all-in on talking like Jiminy Glick, which was cool at first but has also gotten annoying

He's getting hopeful, which goes against his natural cynicism.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

get that OUT of my face posted:

I like how Felix has infected his vocabulary.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

snoremac posted:

I like how Felix has infected his vocabulary.

He infects everyone who can hear him. He has mind virus powers.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Folks! He's low key GOATed on the sticks!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
wow, really wasn’t expecting a shoutout to Michael Curry in 2019 on the latest ep

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Dr. Killjoy posted:

wow, really wasn’t expecting a shoutout to Michael Curry in 2019 on the latest ep

yeah i had locked that room in my mind palace

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Heath posted:

hopeful matt, the fifth horseman of the apocalypse

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Heath posted:

Matt is the opposite of Jon Stewart: the angrier and more pessimistic he is, the more entertaining. Honestly Felix has gotten a lot better as of late, I know someone earlier in the thread said he kept using catchphrases as comedic crutches but he's gotten better.

Speaking of which, Jon Stewart kind of regrets the Rally to Restore Sanity today. He seemed to think that it would work, but it obviously didn't.

I'm halfway through the episode but with the benefit of hindsight, the first half of the decade was "there were a bunch of problems that were either addressed half-assed or not addressed at all." The second half of the decade was "time to pay the piper, bitch."

They missed an opportunity by skipping over the business news, though. One of the things that defined the 2010s was a shift in the attitude of capitalist enterprise, particularly in the tech sector, from "quarterly profits and earnings above all else" to "just keep throwing money at it, no matter how much of a loss, just for the possibility of market dominance." Something like Uber, Lyft, Facebook, or WeWork never would have lasted a year if they were founded in any other decade, and business psychos like Elon Musk or Adam Neumann would have been booted from their positions fairly quickly as well- and those were just people and companies mentioned in the timeline. But this wasn't a sane decade. Facebook, along with Google, has mastered the art of filtering information; Uber, Lyft, and WeWork aren't going out of business any time soon in spite of being a dumpster fire of cash; Adam Neumann is a newly minted billionaire (which seems to be the entire point of this new capitalism: throw money at each other and add a few to their ranks in the process); and Elon Musk is going to be laughing at us from his Mars space base while we all die on Earth.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Re: MeToo and sexual abuse allegations in the media: I think a lot about the cultural backlash against SJWs, trigger warnings, and snowflakes, how it cuts across the political spectrum, and how it seems to take up more of the media’s attention than Actual Nazis killing people. It’s cool to think about how women who don’t like being raped are portrayed as screaming ugly harpies by media companies run by actual rapey sex creeps, and people just accepted it.

They talked about Ferguson activists getting killed too, but nope, the media has gotta talk about college kids getting microaggressed by cultural appropriation.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 31, 2019

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

To be fair, the media's treatment of those issues was essentially worse before, when they were freer to sensationalize anyone who dared speak up as a lone freak. In accepting the existence of social movements they at least begrudge a tiny bit of respect.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I want to go to the dead Virgil latex catgirl party

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

Matt needs to stop singing when other people are talking that gets on my nerves so loving much

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I love Matt's singing, I hope he never stops.

I also want them to do another episode where they talk over a movie or video.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Matt's signing getting an icy reception still has legs.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

Re: MeToo and sexual abuse allegations in the media: I think a lot about the cultural backlash against SJWs, trigger warnings, and snowflakes, how it cuts across the political spectrum, and how it seems to take up more of the media’s attention than Actual Nazis killing people. It’s cool to think about how women who don’t like being raped are portrayed as screaming ugly harpies by media companies run by actual rapey sex creeps, and people just accepted it.

They talked about Ferguson activists getting killed too, but nope, the media has gotta talk about college kids getting microaggressed by cultural appropriation.

Almost as if it's done on purpose to trivialise all of their crimes.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Epstein permanently broke Matt's brain and he's never coming back

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I think they’re on to something with the idea that these past 20 years seem so hazy is that we don’t have a good name for them. Besides the “Aughts,” I hear people say the “Two Thousands,” which is also cumbersome, weird, and dumb-sounding.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/AdamFriedland/status/1212238618074472448

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

I think they’re on to something with the idea that these past 20 years seem so hazy is that we don’t have a good name for them. Besides the “Aughts,” I hear people say the “Two Thousands,” which is also cumbersome, weird, and dumb-sounding.

"Post-9/11" is the best description of it all I can think of, hopefully it doesn't continue to be descriptive of the 20s.

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

I don't have a problem with Matt singing in general, I just really hate when people talk over someone else and him singing when someone tries to make a point just rubs me the wrong way.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Matt's the only one who looks like he committed to it

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

big boi posted:

Epstein permanently broke Matt's brain and he's never coming back

:same:

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Mr. Lobe posted:

Matt's the only one who looks like he committed to it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1212324082471055360?s=20

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
He is going to be so crushed when Biden ends up getting the nomination. All of their predictions seem to depend on Biden's campaign sort of just evaporating. There's lots of obvious reasons that it should do just that, but not a lot of evidence that it actually will.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

The only problem with matt's singing is that he doesn't do it in an accent.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

The Noughties and the Tens will he the names when I'm president

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

It's the 20s baby, we're kissing our boys on the lips

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Matt is slowly morphing into Stav and I absolutely love it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

peanut- posted:

He is going to be so crushed when Biden ends up getting the nomination. All of their predictions seem to depend on Biden's campaign sort of just evaporating. There's lots of obvious reasons that it should do just that, but not a lot of evidence that it actually will.

Matt's got the same mindset probably a lot of us do that Bernie HAS to win. Sanders losing the nomination would feel WAY worse than Trump winning did.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peanut- posted:

apart from every other time he's run for president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I appreciate their cheerleading to cut through the fog of Nothing Matters, but I think one lesson from Labour's failure is that media manipulation still works and that there really hasn't been an all-out assault on Bernie yet.

Matt is right that Bernie's only hope is to catch them off guard in the early primaries and overwhelm the other candidates to force most of them out on Super Tuesday.