Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Hav posted:

His reasoning seems....circular.

Also, it's _$10_. Jesus. Some of these fuckers are hoping on pledges.

Just how much has the good doctor spent on forum re-reg's though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

And this is from a well established company that's been doing this for literal decades. Sometimes just building a basic concept for an entire decade before nailing anything down.

I celebrated my 15 year anniversary at my company and we finally decided on the name of our product. Its also Spectrum (Spectrum the telecom paid us wads of cash).

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

This is the clusterfuck that keeps on giving, and doesn't give a gently caress.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

By July, they'll be saying the June date was a goon FUD creation, Chris Roberts (piss be upon him) never said any such thing.

I think dates should just be a bannable offense for the CIG community.

June... banned. That's your name? Definitely banned you goony snowflake.

Instead, it should be: how many patches ago was your birthday?

And really since it's alpha, it should be about the duration of the last patch value.

I'm 12 2.0-2.6's old. In another quarter 3.0 I'll be dead. Etc etc.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

If 3.0 comes with every single promised feature and is released tomorrow, it will still suck rear end

This is probably the best part of it all.

While everybody is going "boy I sure can't wait for..." and such, not many people think "and in the end, this is going to look like..."

That one German guy did a video on it once a long time ago.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nothing I think, someone bought his last one

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

But you have to remember that he bought moderator from Lowtax and also we're all his alts. That's at least the cost of an Idris.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

They need an Easter sale, maybe work something in about a new alien egg carrier ship.

Limited Edition.

They need to get bunny man back. This is his time to shine!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

thatguy posted:

But you have to remember that he bought moderator from Lowtax and also we're all his alts. That's at least the cost of an Idris.

I am hacking your cfg filez

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

Isn't he up like 200 mil or something?

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

The Titanic posted:

Ohhh Waaaabbit.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

He spent hundreds changing his avatar in the early days. You should buy him a stupid one if he comes back.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Isn't he up like 200 mil or something?

I don't know what this means

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Je suis Derek

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Some good cattes.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:3:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

NocnaShada posted:

What?!? They're shutting forums down? They're actually shutting down a WORKING thing in favor of a lovely MVP (which, by the words of a forum member isn't really ready for this)?

Wow. They're actually making UNprogress.

The user base is out of control.

Expectations are unrealistically high due to hugely unrealistic promises.

The game is still over a decade of hard core development away.

The only money coming in is from preorders for space ship DLC.

Given all of these facts, your primary goal is to keep your ship DLC sales going. The best way to do that is to hide everything else. It's only going to get worse. Ride the train as long as possible.

They've grown a community that is bad for business, though they also expected to have the game finished and delivered by now. These are measures being taken by people too incompetent to complete the project, but also don't want to give up the money tree just yet because of greed. So somewhere in there is some/a very smart person who's got their finger on the pulse and is doing ever they can to mitigate problems and keep the money flowing.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Given all of these facts, your primary goal is to keep your ship DLC sales going. The best way to do that is to hide everything else. It's only going to get worse. Ride the train as long as possible.

They've grown a community that is bad for business, though they also expected to have the game finished and delivered by now. These are measures being taken by people too incompetent to complete the project, but also don't want to give up the money tree just yet because of greed. So somewhere in there is some/a very smart person who's got their finger on the pulse and is doing ever they can to mitigate problems and keep the money flowing.

Nobody ever claimed that Ortwin was stupid. Just slimy as gently caress.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

The Titanic posted:

It's pretty telling the people that support this game when they are excited about a schedule report that A. should have been out months ago and B. completely forgot the fact it was all supposed to be out last December. Nevermind the fact the roadmap is just now being laid out.

early days

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Gosh, he ripped off Fallout! Who'da thunk it?

I mean, really, a CIG enthusiast helping themselves to copyright art assets?

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 12, 2017

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

:arghfist::3:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/135156705?t=11m

:gary: :yarg: :gary:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Samizdata posted:

Gosh, he ripped off Fallout! Who'da thunk it?

I mean, really, a CIG enthusiast helping themselves to copyright art assets?

And Star Wars! That's BB8's shape.

Or Ben's?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

zero

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Hangar flair is more important than gameplay anyway :D

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

The Titanic posted:

So somewhere in there is some/a very smart person who's got their finger on the pulse and is doing ever they can to mitigate problems and keep the money flowing.

Nah, it's all idiots. CIG is just less stupid than the backers they are fleecing.

We used to think Ortwin was the mastermind behind it but the streetroller fiasco showed he's as clownshoes as the rest of them.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Recipe lacks some instructions

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Iceclaw posted:

And Star Wars! That's BB8's shape.

Or Ben's?

I was pretty much thinking Ben. (I would love getting one of those remote controlled BB8's though.)

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

big trevor, big ban

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://clips.twitch.tv/SuccessfulResourcefulHamOptimizePrime

Progress :wink:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Samizdata posted:

I was pretty much thinking Ben. (I would love getting one of those remote controlled BB8's though.)

Big Ben 8 (hundred pounds)

e:
http://i.imgur.com/m9VYlQa.mp4

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Now I want a bunny.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Later that day....

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DapperDon posted:

Now I want a bunny.

Just spent nearly a grand getting our eighteen-year-old cat's remaining teeth pulled so she can eat without pain; between that and appetite stimulant, she's been filling out nicely.

So she was patient enough to hunt and bring in a baby bunny. Completely unharmed, the cat is toothless. But that's fun at 3am. A confused as gently caress rabbit and a really happy cat.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hav posted:

Just spent nearly a grand getting our eighteen-year-old cat's remaining teeth pulled so she can eat without pain; between that and appetite stimulant, she's been filling out nicely.

So she was patient enough to hunt and bring in a baby bunny. Completely unharmed, the cat is toothless. But that's fun at 3am. A confused as gently caress rabbit and a really happy cat.

Cat confirmed happy and thankful :kimchi:

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Hav posted:

"I brought you something, now brutally murder it and feed it to me. Or brutally murder it and just leave bits lying around" - Cat

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Hav posted:

Thread confirmed good again

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

you're very brave to face off against an enraged pgabz like that :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Exinos posted:

"I brought you something, now brutally murder it and feed it to me. Or brutally murder it and just leave bits lying around" - Cat

Nah. Last I read, cats bring stuff home because they've concluded that your hunting skills are on below kitten-level and need to be improved or at least stimulated. So the message here is “hey, I don't even have any teeth and I still out-hunt you useless people. Get on my level, scrub.”