Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I hope so. That's the one song I've wanted in my collection for what feels like ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

k5josh posted:

So the full version of Eternity's Shylock has seemingly been leaked. This seems to be proof that the elusive Penumbral Phantasm is a Doctor remix, and might possibly be an early version of Savior of the Waking World?

edit: Oh and the rest kicks rear end.

Has that English-y bit always been there? Or did I only just make the connection for some inexplicable reason?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

k5josh posted:

So the full version of Eternity's Shylock has seemingly been leaked. This seems to be proof that the elusive Penumbral Phantasm is a Doctor remix, and might possibly be an early version of Savior of the Waking World?

Eight minutes long holy crap. I think this is the second longest song used in a flash, with Cascade coming in first. But I don't recall the Enter flash being eight minutes. Even if this isn't the real version it sure is a good remix.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

lotus circle posted:

Eight minutes long holy crap. I think this is the second longest song used in a flash, with Cascade coming in first. But I don't recall the Enter flash being eight minutes. Even if this isn't the real version it sure is a good remix.

I remember the artist saying the song in the flash wasn't the full version when it was first released. Can't find a link though.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Color Printer posted:

I remember the artist saying the song in the flash wasn't the full version when it was first released. Can't find a link though.
That would make sense. Cutting down an eight minute song sounds reasonable for a flash that isn't eight minutes. :v:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

k5josh posted:

I think it's clear that what's happening is that Eternity's Shylock quotes Penumbral Phantasm before proceeding into a Doctor remix. It also quotes English, Ruins, and Revelawesome.

This is the third song featured in an animation that quotes the unreleased Penumbral Phantasm, joining Descend and Umbral Ultimatum. The symbolism of this particular song is still mysterious; the title suggests the cherubs, with their shadow-themed chumhandles and their subtle but thorough influence on the events of the story, and it's always played when a disaster is about to be followed by a second disaster (viz. the last meteor looming over Jade's island, Bec being prototyped, the red sun being sucked into a black hole).

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bongo Bill posted:

It also quotes English, Ruins, and Revelawesome.

When does it quote these ones? Just like a general timeframe, thanks.

edit: I found the part with English at least

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 4, 2013

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

When does it quote these ones? Just like a general timeframe, thanks.

Haven't listened to the full song here yet but the main melody is mostly based off English. The Revelawesome part kicks in in the flash when Lord English descends into the dreambubble and prepares to annihilate it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There hasn't been any drama with the music team that we know about, has there? Been pretty quiet ever since the solo album month(s).

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

I really hope Hussie uses the last quarter of the song that they chose to cut out at some point. The part when the guitar/violins start to pick back up again is fantastic. :3:

No.44 fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 4, 2013

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

nerdbot posted:

Haven't listened to the full song here yet but the main melody is mostly based off English.

Oh, duh. I dunno sounded different enough to me. There's a bit at the end of the full version that's like, exactly English and I got all confused or something.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

No.44 posted:

I really hope Hussie uses the last quarter of the song that they chose cut out at some point. The part when the guitar/violins start to pick back up again is fantastic. :3:
Yeah, I was going to say, I like the song but it doesn't feel entirely coherent to me. The last quarter/third of the song feels like an entirely different piece than the rest, and should have probably been separate. There's the little bit towards the end that ties it back to the main song, but besides that the two portions feel like entirely different songs.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Color Printer posted:

Maybe this means an album is coming soon.

Maybe. Please?

I've grown used to the fact that we will never seen an album containing the Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff: the moive: the theme.

(Just as other people have presumably grown used to the fact that we will never see a full version of Spider's Claw)

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Dorroile posted:

You think that's ridiculous, try thinking of all the shipping combinations. It's a mess!
And apparently with the 4 inverse quadrants Hussie is introducing, the shipping combinations outnumber the atoms in the universe. This possibilities are... endless...

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

In unrelated news, I was rewatching some of the flashes on youtube, and I discovered rare gold: a youtube comment that I actually enjoyed!

quote:

[Lord English]'s also Santa Claus

like seriously for real, think about it-

- his associated colors are RED and GREEN

- he's got rosy cheeks

- a brightly colored coat

- the ability to traverse the entire Earth in one night (via time travel)

- oh and, also, uh, he lives on the FREAKING NORTH POLE!

... really, at the end of the day, Lord English is just a really Fancy Santa.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Bobulus posted:

In unrelated news, I was rewatching some of the flashes on youtube, and I discovered rare gold: a youtube comment that I actually enjoyed!

Wait, why do you use YouTube for the flashes? The quality on-site is much better.

In my experience, at any rate.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Ablative posted:

Wait, why do you use YouTube for the flashes? The quality on-site is much better.

In my experience, at any rate.

Why would you have an issue with him re-watching flashes he has already seen, on a format that has pausing and fast forwarding?

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

MrBims posted:

Why would you have an issue with him re-watching flashes he has already seen, on a format that has pausing and fast forwarding?

Also you can't watch flash videos on an iPad.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

snucks posted:

And apparently with the 4 inverse quadrants Hussie is introducing, the shipping combinations outnumber the atoms in the universe. This possibilities are... endless...

My god... It's full of OTPs...

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Violin makes anything in Homestuck better. Like part 7 of Cascade/Black Hole Green Sun. :allears:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

k5josh posted:

I just did a Google image search for "Penumbral Phantasm."

Huh.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Roger Explosion posted:

I just did a Google image search for "Penumbral Phantasm."

Huh.

Hussie's remit is vaster and more powerful than I had yet dreamt.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Didn't the song get renamed to something else because of the negative connotations of the name "Shylock?" I'm pretty sure that was the case, I'm surprised it's slipped most people's minds.

(I don't remember what it was renamed to, though.)

Anyway, that was one of my all-time favorite new HS songs, and I was waiting for it to be released on an album for what seems like forever. I didn't know it wasn't the full song, so I'm amazed that there's more. Especially an extra three minutes, apparently. I'm split on actually listening to the leak in case it's unfinished, though.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

(Just as other people have presumably grown used to the fact that we will never see a full version of Spider's Claw)

Speak for yourself. Radiation! :argh:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Midnight Raider posted:

Didn't the song get renamed to something else because of the negative connotations of the name "Shylock?" I'm pretty sure that was the case, I'm surprised it's slipped most people's minds.

(I don't remember what it was renamed to, though.)

Wasn't it changed to something like Eternity Served Cold? I can't remember. But it's kind of dumb, since Caliborn has already had a bunch of Shylock references in his dialogue anyway. (pound of smut, etc). I hope they decide to just keep the original name though, because it just SOUNDS more badass.

It's a drat good song though, and that full version basically owns bones. I hope this means a new album might be on the horizon!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I still would have preferred it to be renamed Eternity's Frylock.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 4, 2013

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Midnight Raider posted:

The negative connotations only exist because fans are dumb. "Shylock" is a reference to a character from the Shakespeare play The Merchant of Venice. Shylock was the equivalent of a modern day loan shark, who lent out money to people. When a character doesn't repay his debt, Shylock demands a pound of his flesh (as in actual human flesh) and even refuses to be paid double the amount he loaned, because a deal is a deal. It fits well with Caliborn's cannibalism and how he always finishes what he starts, like stubbornly refusing to give up on Sburb even when all the odds are against him.

Shylock is considered to be something of an "evil jew" stereotype, who is rich and greedy, but this has nothing to do with Lord English because religion plays very little role in the series outside of the clown religion that Gamzee follows. But crazy fans took that and rolled with it, screaming how Lord English was the image of an evil jew. As an actual Jewish person, I think it is absolutely dumb and people are looking way too into it to the point where they are blindsighted by their own idiocy.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cabbit posted:

I still would have preferred it to be renamed Eternity's Frylock.

I now can't help but read Vriska with Master Shake's voice. Thanks, I think.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Thundarr posted:

I now can't help but read Vriska with Master Shake's voice. Thanks, I think.

Oh god, Tavros is Meatwad.

It is perfect.

(karkat is carl)

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Bobulus posted:

Of course, fancysantakind had to come back somehow...

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
In other news I think we can all rest easy.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Action Shakespeare posted:

In other news I think we can all rest easy.

Is that Hussie himself there?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Can anyone who got the SBaHJ book confirm that signature is authentic?

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

team overhead smash posted:

It certainly seems legitimate, albeit not in his usual signature format.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

team overhead smash posted:

Looks almost exactly the same as the signature in my Homestuck Vol.1 book.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Ablative posted:

Is that Hussie himself there?
Given the cosplay I imagine this was taken at the convention in Seattle, where Hussie was at over the weekend.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
It was a cosplayer. My brother took pictures there, but the Vita's camera is not remotely as good as he thought it was. The Davesprite WAS pretty great.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
I was working security there and man, there were a looot of homestucks.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Any pictures? WhatPumpkin's twitter didn't put up any huge crowd shots this time.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Watuhboy posted:

I was working security there and man, there were a looot of homestucks.
Are you literally the guy from letmetellyouabouthomestuck.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I can pull some off his Facebook, but he told me a vast majority didn't want their picture taken and I told him to be considerate.