Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meet my dad
Apr 25, 2008
Heard it on an oldies station, the only lyric I remember was "...with Funky (blank) and Dino!!". The song had a very Vegasy, sort of jazz feel, I freakin loved the song, but I can't for the life of me figure out the rest of the lyrics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

meet my dad posted:

Heard it on an oldies station, the only lyric I remember was "...with Funky (blank) and Dino!!". The song had a very Vegasy, sort of jazz feel, I freakin loved the song, but I can't for the life of me figure out the rest of the lyrics.

It wasn't some version of Funky Cold Medina, was it?

ham hock
Feb 6, 2006

"what's up vanilla face?!"
i heard a really good house/r&b song while i was in a club in surfer's paradise, but i was completely wasted at the time and couldnt be arsed to ask what it was called. it had a really simple beat and had a similar premise to the whisper song. the video for it fairly distinct though; it features two guys in suits (one of them looks russian?) with an all white background.

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

Abel Wingnut posted:

Calabria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrU3UyN7uTk
this one is a better song and has a better music video ... and was released around the same time
destination calabria
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APtj3EvhfWA
(looks like someone does not know what deinterlace is)

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

The song I'm searching for has, I believe, this lyric:

(singsongy) "Come over heeeereee, and gently caress me in the" and then music kicks in, so you don't hear her say rear.

I'm dodgy on whether this is exactly what the lyric is. It's been several years since I heard the song. I know she was calling someone to come over and have sex with her, and the line would always cut to the music one word before the end though. It had (I think) a real sultry, sinful sound. Something similar to "gently caress the pain away" by Peaches. My first thought was that it was them, but I don't think it is. I heard the song sometime during 2004-05, so it's at least that old. I've been wondering what that song is for like 2 years, but I broke up with the girl who I was dating at the time that showed me, but we haven't spoken in like 3 years, so I can't ask her. Thanks!

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

THE PWNER posted:

I'm looking for the name of a song either by Soilwork, Inflames or one of the many similar sounding bands. All I remember about it is that it has a chorus with a short piano solo which lasts about 20 seconds. I've scoured youtube and have listened to about 30 different songs by these 2 bands to no avail, and would search lyrics but I forgot them!

edit: "solo" probably isn't the correct term but I say that because it's by far the most prominent instrument played during the chorus, but it's not heard in any other parts of the song.

Sorry for reposting this but anyone know the answer to this one? I'm pulling my hair out, can't find it to save my life.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

meet my dad posted:

Thin Lizzy - The Boys are Back in Town? There's a "been hangin' down at Dino's" near the end.

Happy Fun Bollocks
Aug 4, 2007

by Ion Helmet

Stubby posted:

I have a request that I've been trying to find for goddamn ever. There was a song back in probably 1998-1999 that was, if I remember correctly, a dude reading a record contract during the verses and the lyrics to the chorus were "You're so conceited, you're such a rock-star."

I've searched Google, soulseek, itunes, loving everywhere I could think of, and I've never found a thing about this song. I think the band's name was Side or something like that.

I'm looking for this as well, I remember it got played several times during a program featuring local bands on the old 107.9 WENZ in Cleveland in the 90s. I think the song was titled Green. I sent an email asking about it to the guy running http://www.1079.com/, but that site hasn't been updated since 2005 and I have no idea if he will get it or care or know.

meet my dad
Apr 25, 2008

Glass Joe posted:

It wasn't some version of Funky Cold Medina, was it?

This is it!! But I remember it was a white guy singing.... I actually like this version more, thanks a lot!!!!!

Cazic Thule
Mar 13, 2008

Denizens of Fear, your master commands you to come forth to his aid!!

The Wonder Weapon posted:

The song I'm searching for has, I believe, this lyric:

(singsongy) "Come over heeeereee, and gently caress me in the" and then music kicks in, so you don't hear her say rear.

I'm dodgy on whether this is exactly what the lyric is. It's been several years since I heard the song. I know she was calling someone to come over and have sex with her, and the line would always cut to the music one word before the end though. It had (I think) a real sultry, sinful sound. Something similar to "gently caress the pain away" by Peaches. My first thought was that it was them, but I don't think it is. I heard the song sometime during 2004-05, so it's at least that old. I've been wondering what that song is for like 2 years, but I broke up with the girl who I was dating at the time that showed me, but we haven't spoken in like 3 years, so I can't ask her. Thanks!

This? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_qQLOgcVOw

Lords of Acid - I Sit on Acid (1988)

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Cazic Thule posted:

This? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_qQLOgcVOw

Lords of Acid - I Sit on Acid (1988)

Thats it! Thank you!

Happy Fun Bollocks
Aug 4, 2007

by Ion Helmet

Stubby posted:

I have a request that I've been trying to find for goddamn ever. There was a song back in probably 1998-1999 that was, if I remember correctly, a dude reading a record contract during the verses and the lyrics to the chorus were "You're so conceited, you're such a rock-star."

I've searched Google, soulseek, itunes, loving everywhere I could think of, and I've never found a thing about this song. I think the band's name was Side or something like that.

Happy Fun Bollocks posted:

I'm looking for this as well, I remember it got played several times during a program featuring local bands on the old 107.9 WENZ in Cleveland in the 90s. I think the song was titled Green. I sent an email asking about it to the guy running http://www.1079.com/, but that site hasn't been updated since 2005 and I have no idea if he will get it or care or know.

The song is Rock Star by the Akron, OH band Cyde. They have it up on there myspace page. It sounds like crap, I wish I had forgotten it 10 years ago (however, the one I found might be a different recording than the one I remember, because nobody is mumbling clauses from a record contract in this version).

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Cazic Thule posted:

Thanks, appreciate that. Checked out the Scooter stuff but neither song was what I'm after. The age of love had a similar vibe to it though. The song I'm looking for was a little more cheesy and was directly related to the movie.

Love Demanufacture but unfortunately it wasn't Fear Factory either.

It's not this thing is it?

Phrog
Aug 24, 2005

That damn green thing
Alright, this one has the potential to be a tough one.

I heard this song once on a college radio station. I think that the only instrument in the entire track was a rock organ. There might have been light percussion backing or bass backing but if there was it was minimal. There were no lyrics at all.

All I have to go by is the melodic progression of the song which I transcribed into Anvil Studio and screenshotted for the thread. The song started in G minor but the key would shift up or down a note during the entire duration of the song. The same melody from the rock organ was repeated the entire song but always in a different minor key. The tempo of the song was in the neighborhood of 120 beats per minute.

Click here for the full 711x171 image.

Thank you college radio for being completely unpredictable and playing stuff from way out in left field!

Phrog fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jul 9, 2009

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~
i just wanna know if anybody knows what the sample is in this track from the new wale tape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVeon7VekU0

i've heard it before in something mid-90's and socal, maybe an old black eyed peas track or aceyalone or somebody like that? it's KILLING me.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

I got another one that isn't so much a "identify a song" but more a "where did I hear this song?"

It was a record (or tape or something) that I had as a kid, and literally all I remember about it is that it had something to do with Batman, and it used Night on Bald Mountain as the theme (as heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Ca_edg6RE)

Does anyone remember anything that had to do with Batman that would have used that as the theme song? Ever since hearing that as a kid, I can't think of the song without thinking of Batman, and vice versa.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Emmitt Nervend posted:

I got another one that isn't so much a "identify a song" but more a "where did I hear this song?"

It was a record (or tape or something) that I had as a kid, and literally all I remember about it is that it had something to do with Batman, and it used Night on Bald Mountain as the theme (as heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Ca_edg6RE)

Does anyone remember anything that had to do with Batman that would have used that as the theme song? Ever since hearing that as a kid, I can't think of the song without thinking of Batman, and vice versa.

Could you actually be thinking of Fantasia? The segment in their that used "Night On Bald Mountain" had all these dark things flying around a mountain and fire and it was pretty :rock:

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

blinkeve1826 posted:

Could you actually be thinking of Fantasia? The segment in their that used "Night On Bald Mountain" had all these dark things flying around a mountain and fire and it was pretty :rock:

No, I remember that. This was just an audio recording. I want to say it was some sort of Batman origin story or something.

SteveMcQueen
Jun 16, 2005

This has been killing me for a couple days.

The song I'm thinking of has a sort of techno-y beat and a female singer. The only line I can remember is her singing "until I com-" and then she pauses and finishes the sentence. I think she finishes the word completely but I don't quite remember.

It isn't an ATB, Coldplay, or Sting song either.

Help please?

Cazic Thule
Mar 13, 2008

Denizens of Fear, your master commands you to come forth to his aid!!

Cavenagh posted:

It's not this thing is it?

You're an absolute legend, that's it!

Thanks a lot. Never thought I'd find it.. wow.

Cazic Thule fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 10, 2009

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

SteveMcQueen posted:

This has been killing me for a couple days.

The song I'm thinking of has a sort of techno-y beat and a female singer. The only line I can remember is her singing "until I com-" and then she pauses and finishes the sentence. I think she finishes the word completely but I don't quite remember.

It isn't an ATB, Coldplay, or Sting song either.

Help please?

ATB - "9pm - Till I come"

SteveMcQueen
Jun 16, 2005

Hmm. In retrospect you are right but I must have been listening to someone else perform the song. It was less techno and more female vocalist if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks!

[EDIT] Ah ha! The song ended up being Brazilian Girls - Don't Stop. Which has lyrics really similar to 9 P.M.

SteveMcQueen fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 10, 2009

rope
May 4, 2006
8======D~~~O:
I was at Glastonbury in the solar-powered cinema and they were playing a bunch of music videos. They normally said which song it was except for the very last one.

It was a black and white video clip with a black woman playing piano and it was along the lines of "get out". It was obvious an ode, albeit a very funny one, about an ex-lover of hers, but I can't seem to remember any of the other lyrics in the song.
I was also impressed by her piano playing and she often took a few pauses during the song whilst she carried on singing.

I haven't had much luck with Google or YouTube. Cheers in advance.

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

rope posted:

I was at Glastonbury in the solar-powered cinema and they were playing a bunch of music videos. They normally said which song it was except for the very last one.

It was a black and white video clip with a black woman playing piano and it was along the lines of "get out". It was obvious an ode, albeit a very funny one, about an ex-lover of hers, but I can't seem to remember any of the other lyrics in the song.
I was also impressed by her piano playing and she often took a few pauses during the song whilst she carried on singing.

I haven't had much luck with Google or YouTube. Cheers in advance.

Nina Simone, maybe? Dunno what song that is, the first thing that came to mind was 'I Will Survive' lol

miguel sanchez
Jul 1, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump
some hip-hop song I heard a few seconds of

Here's the lyrics I caught:

"you wake up and find your careers over with
you can bet when it be on I go the length"

Google isn't helping

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

This song has haunted me for nearly six years. :iiam:

I do not know how it got onto my computer. Probably part of something I downloaded, and I never noticed. Once I discovered it, I was immediately curious as to what the song was. But because it has no lyrics, Google could not help me. I tried searching lists of nearly every ball-room style music I could find, and to no avail. Surely someone will recognize this music.

Click here to listen to lichytune.mp3

Muffin Loaf
Aug 9, 2006

You muffin to me?
You muffin to ME?
Ok, this is a complete shot in the dark, because I can't be 100% sure it was even one track (but I think it was).

This past friday night (7/10/09) I saw Clive Henry @ RISE in Boston. It was loving phenomenal, so much of the music was amazing. One track stood out in particular, though. I'm not terribly good at describing electronic dance genres but I'd say it was a very hard, minimal and tribal/jungle influenced tech house track with a recurring sample, the very beginning of the opening song in The Lion King ("Nants ingonyama... bagithi baba" from The Circle Of Life).

It was kind of cheesy, in the use of a more overt and poppy vocal hook, but goddamn if it wasn't compelling to dance to. I'd really like to find it.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Muffin Loaf posted:

Ok, this is a complete shot in the dark, because I can't be 100% sure it was even one track (but I think it was).

This past friday night (7/10/09) I saw Clive Henry @ RISE in Boston. It was loving phenomenal, so much of the music was amazing. One track stood out in particular, though. I'm not terribly good at describing electronic dance genres but I'd say it was a very hard, minimal and tribal/jungle influenced tech house track with a recurring sample, the very beginning of the opening song in The Lion King ("Nants ingonyama... bagithi baba" from The Circle Of Life).

It was kind of cheesy, in the use of a more overt and poppy vocal hook, but goddamn if it wasn't compelling to dance to. I'd really like to find it.

Baldo & Marshall - Swahili Song.

Muffin Loaf
Aug 9, 2006

You muffin to me?
You muffin to ME?

Thank you SO much!

~smack
Jan 8, 2004
Homeless as I look...
I saw this video on starz yesterday and thought it was quite a catchy little indie pop song, but they never displayed the artist name at the end of the video, any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WTKVqB5qNM

edit: 'Feel Alive' by Lights and Sounds Thanks to Dell_Zincht.

~smack fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 13, 2009

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

~smack posted:

I saw this video on starz yesterday and thought it was quite a catchy little indie pop song, but they never displayed the artist name at the end of the video, any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WTKVqB5qNM

Feel Alive by Lights and Sounds.

Here's a short clip of them live, they've got an EP coming out soon, apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8xfoGDRHNw

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 13, 2009

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

Rhjamiz posted:

This song has haunted me for nearly six years. :iiam:

I do not know how it got onto my computer. Probably part of something I downloaded, and I never noticed. Once I discovered it, I was immediately curious as to what the song was. But because it has no lyrics, Google could not help me. I tried searching lists of nearly every ball-room style music I could find, and to no avail. Surely someone will recognize this music.

Click here to listen to lichytune.mp3

It's actually quite a famous classical piece, called Waltz No 2 and it's by Dmitri Shostakovich, a Russian composer.

Worry
May 17, 2009
can someone identify the first two songs in this video? I searched the comments to see if someone posted it but no

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P9XhXL04fc

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Rivfader posted:

It's actually quite a famous classical piece, called Waltz No 2 and it's by Dmitri Shostakovich, a Russian composer.

Holy poo poo, awesome! Thanks! :ms:

Treman
Nov 12, 2008

solved: adrian lux - can't sleep

Treman fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 15, 2009

Mr. Sloth
Jun 5, 2004

GIMME DEM PIZZA PIES
I caught the tail end of some lovely music video/song while flipping past VH1 the other day. It was some boy band-ish song about a phone ("calling someone on the phone" or "touching himself on the phone"). The video had a lot of white backgrounds and a cameo by some Donnie Osmond-like celebrity. I want to say it's as recent as 2006/2007 -- it's a scratch I have to itch or I'm going to flip out and Google produces nothing.

Any help?

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

Mr. Sloth posted:

I caught the tail end of some lovely music video/song while flipping past VH1 the other day. It was some boy band-ish song about a phone ("calling someone on the phone" or "touching himself on the phone"). The video had a lot of white backgrounds and a cameo by some Donnie Osmond-like celebrity. I want to say it's as recent as 2006/2007 -- it's a scratch I have to itch or I'm going to flip out and Google produces nothing.

Any help?

Was it this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1nZG_ovCw

Mr. Sloth
Jun 5, 2004

GIMME DEM PIZZA PIES

Final Fantasy Baseball posted:

Was it this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1nZG_ovCw

Hahahahah jesus. Yeah, that's it, unfortunately :sigh:

Guess 'ole Wink didn't have any job prospects at the time. Good lord. Thanks.

YO MAMA HEAD
Sep 11, 2007

Worry posted:

can someone identify the first two songs in this video? I searched the comments to see if someone posted it but no

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P9XhXL04fc

quote:

They are from Garage Band songs that come free with the software on a Mac.

I guess they posted it. sorry about yr taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

Ok, this is completely ridiculous and I don't expect anyone to know, but there's no harm in asking. During the credits sequence to an XXX film adaptation of Hamlet (just called Hamlet AFAIK, shot in 1995), the cast all dance around to some silly italo-disco track while waving skulls about, and I'd like to know what it is!