Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Jamesman posted:

I haven't pre-ordered yet because I genuinely don't know if I have enough hard drive space for the game. I have an older PS3. :(
It's really easy to swap out hard-drives, if your current one doesn't have much you need! They aren't picky, so you can give it a clunker-drive if you come across one. Just be careful when unscrewing, because they are super easy to strip. Very, very soft metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Skeezy posted:

New Yakuza game is being announced September 15th.

http://www.ryu-ga-gotoku.com

Continuing my futile hope that Tanimura comes back.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Geop posted:

It's really easy to swap out hard-drives, if your current one doesn't have much you need! They aren't picky, so you can give it a clunker-drive if you come across one. Just be careful when unscrewing, because they are super easy to strip. Very, very soft metal.

Yeah I had to just buy a hdd case for my old fat ps3 since the ones on the old hdd were somehow badly stripped from the start. Beyond that it was really easy. Much easier than the 360 (partly since you're not supposed to buy a random hdd for your 360 but whatever)

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

mikeycp posted:

There are people here who haven't?

I'm cautious of the PSN pre-order system after problems with some pre-order unlocks earlier in the year, and the output of Third Party Productions hasn't been brilliant across the board. I'm going to wait until release week to hear user reviews before buying it. Hopefully, Sega and/or PS will send out review copies for reviewers and we'll see how it runs before release day.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

Yechezkel posted:

I'm cautious of the PSN pre-order system after problems with some pre-order unlocks earlier in the year, and the output of Third Party Productions hasn't been brilliant across the board. I'm going to wait until release week to hear user reviews before buying it. Hopefully, Sega and/or PS will send out review copies for reviewers and we'll see how it runs before release day.

Why would it run any poorer than the original version?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Honestly, if people want there to be any miniscule chance of another coming out over here they should probably be getting this no matter what.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

Why would it run any poorer than the original version?

Okay, "how it runs" was a bad choice of words. I meant the quality of the translation and if anything gets cut out.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Didn't TPP keep the Taiko no Tatsujin game for Y5 USA? That's a pretty good sign to me.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
They kept Taiko. I don't know why they would keep that and cut other stuff.

Plus they know from Y3 how much poo poo they'll catch if they take out big chunks again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hello, friends. If you'd like to watch a conference live in a couple hours where the new Yakuza game may or may not be revealed, come join us in the SCEJA Tokyo Game Show conference thread. If a new Yakuza game is announced, I'll post about it here anyway so I guess this post is only useful for Asians/Europeans or angry loners up at this hour.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

THEY'RE REMAKING YAKUZA 1 FOR PS4

edit: PS3's getting it too.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Policenaut posted:

Policenaut posted:

YAKUZA 6 AS PS4 EXCLUSIVE

Now just announce the remake means a do-over for NA localization :flashfap:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 15, 2015

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014

Policenaut posted:

That's disappointing to hear. They just can't let go of Kiryu huh?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Policenaut posted:

AND IT'S PS3/PS4!

AND YAKUZA 6 IS ALREADY IN THE WORKS AS A PS4 EXCLUSIVE NEXT AUTUMN!

And I am too slow for the awesome news. :v:

Boxing Snatcher
Jul 4, 2011

I have been looking for some great Beef Jerky since my local convenience store changed owners.
AMAZING! Now to get sad about never getting to play it!

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Policenaut posted:

I suppose that gives them another year to deal with the ending in Ryu ga Gotoku 5.

Edit: or maybe not!

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014

Policenaut posted:

Volfogg posted:

AND IT'S PS3/PS4!

AND YAKUZA 6 IS ALREADY IN THE WORKS AS A PS4 EXCLUSIVE NEXT AUTUMN!
Suddenly, disappointment subsided!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

C'mon Sega. You get a chance to try again from the beginning in the west. Go for it. Take a chance. Please? Would you like my first-born? You can have it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
A 1 remake is really necessary I think, since some of 0's links with 1 are seriously rickety. Like, Star Wars Episode 3 to 4 rickety.

edit: oh, I guess they already said that this will "reveal" (i.e. pull out of their rear end now because they didn't bother to do in 0) why Nishiki went evil. That's just one problem of many though. The end of 0 was not well thought out at all, I think. It's like they got there and was like "wait poo poo this is a prequel to something, why didn't anyone tell us earlier??"

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Sep 15, 2015

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Also 1 looks pretty rough nowadays, I am finding out replaying it for the first time in a long while.

I also didn't realize how relatively sparse it is with side-content until this last month.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Nagoshi was up on stage just bluntly saying that Yakuza 1 is really clunky and bad compared to the newest games so they're using the 10th Anniversary as an excuse to go back and remake it.

For those of you keeping score, we are now 5 games behind Japan!

Kenzan!
Ishin!
1 Kiwami

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

You're forgetting Kurohyou 1 and 2.

I also have the sinking feeling that number isn't going to get smaller any time soon (ever).

:(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still technically six since no one has Yakuza 5 yet :mad:

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Samurai Sanders posted:

A 1 remake is really necessary I think, since some of 0's links with 1 are seriously rickety. Like, Star Wars Episode 3 to 4 rickety.

edit: oh, I guess they already said that this will "reveal" (i.e. pull out of their rear end now because they didn't bother to do in 0) why Nishiki went evil.

Ugh, seriously? This didn't need an explanation. If Sega wants to keep writing terrible post-Hase Seishu Yakuza games that's fine, but don't drag the good ones' stories into it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Ugh, seriously? This didn't need an explanation. If Sega wants to keep writing terrible post-Hase Seishu Yakuza games that's fine, but don't drag the good ones' stories into it.
Well, the main issue is that there are still like seven years between the end of 0 and the start of 1. Why didn't they tie it up directly? Did they plain to make 0.5, or 0-2, or something stupid like that?

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, the main issue is that there are still like seven years between the end of 0 and the start of 1. Why didn't they tie it up directly? Did they plain to make 0.5, or 0-2, or something stupid like that?

I don't know why you'd set a Yakuza game before the first Yakuza in the first place.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Presumably so you could see exactly how Kazuma earned his nickname. Also to get some quality Majima time.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I don't know why you'd set a Yakuza game before the first Yakuza in the first place.
Yeah, it was a questionable decision all around, and story-wise I think they completely bungled it. I mean, above all else, the Dojima group was the enemy for almost the entire game but then Kiryu just started working for them again at the end for mumble mumble reasons.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Sep 15, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yakuza: Kiwami trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yLn8LPP1o0

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 15, 2015

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I am kiwami-ing like crazy right now.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ugh..... so America is in the hole 3 games now :(

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

On the plus-side, maybe Y0 & Y1 have a foothold since they'd do a good job bringing in new players? :staredog: A man can hope.

Oh, who am I kidding.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

abagofcheetos posted:

ugh..... so America is in the hole 3 games now :(
- Yakuza Kurohyou
- Yakuza Kenzan
- Yakuza Ishin
- Yakuza 0
- Yakuza 1+2 HD
- Yakuza Extreme
- Yakuza 6

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Games like Ishin have so little chance of being translated I'm not even considering them a possibility, nor would I ever want them to bother. They would translate Ishin, it would sell negative copies somehow, and we wouldn't see another Yakuza game again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

You should throw any of the spinoffs and HD remasters in the can, so that way you're only down Zero, Kiwami, and 6.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

abagofcheetos posted:

Games like Ishin have so little chance of being translated I'm not even considering them a possibility, nor would I ever want them to bother. They would translate Ishin, it would sell negative copies somehow, and we wouldn't see another Yakuza game again.

A localized ishin would sell better than 1-2 WiiU did.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Given how early it was in PS4 and how dry the market was, I figured on Ishin being a slam-dunk "yes" for localization at the time :(

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Considering that Y1 was the most difficult of the main games... who's ready for "extreme" Komaki's Training? :getin:

abagofcheetos posted:

Policenaut posted:

You should throw any of the spinoffs and HD remasters in the can, so that way you're only down Zero, Kiwami, and 6.
Agreed though that still leaves us 3 games behind after Y5 drops. Unless they can put out localized releases of both 0 and 1K in 2016 we're still going to be far behind. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MrLonghair posted:

A localized ishin would sell better than 1-2 WiiU did.

Yakuza and Wii U

• Locked thread