Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Myok posted:

Maou no Musume wa Yasashi Sugiru! (The Demon King’s Daughter is Too Kind!) is pretty close to this. The Demon King puts world conquest on hold while he tries to get his young daughter to stop being so darn nice to the humans.

FDA warning: diabetes risk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

booksnake posted:

FDA warning: diabetes risk
I like that there was a ratings war on mangadex where some people tried to ratings bomb it and in response people rated it 10 so much that now it's living amongst berserk, one piece, jojo's, dungeon meshi, dorohedoro etc in the top-rated manga. not that it's not fun enough to deserve it, for a fairly basic premise gag manga it's got a ton of heart and also decent worldbuilding.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Pharmacist's Monologue
:ohdear:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
A few things on this fine lazy sunday:
Demon mom!
More people get to learn the cuteness of Gospel.

Also, Gyaru and Dinosaur! is back!

Hooraaaaaaay.

And as a finisher, here's a series that doesn't suuuuper belong here but it's a rom-com that's off-kilter enough that I'll recommend it. If anyone thinks it should go in another thread, let's move it over there:
Love After World Domination
(I was going to timg the first splash page, but it's a bit risqué. It's at the link above. Here's a timg of the general cuteness of the series, which is more representative.)

What happens when the leader of the heroes falls in love with a general of the forces of evil?
Cuteness.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Night Owl Witch
Mameyama has a big deadline tomorrow and Maya is there to cheer her on.
RIP fairy, eaten by a cat

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Two new Senryu Girl
In which Nanako's dad gets Inseki'd?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Benjirou of the Attic is oveeeer

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
:smith:

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

And as a finisher, here's a series that doesn't suuuuper belong here but it's a rom-com that's off-kilter enough that I'll recommend it. If anyone thinks it should go in another thread, let's move it over there:
Love After World Domination
(I was going to timg the first splash page, but it's a bit risqué. It's at the link above. Here's a timg of the general cuteness of the series, which is more representative.)

Honestly I think this panel is the most indicative of the content:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Gloomy Rube posted:

By the same guy as the Cannibal Mermaid for those interested.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I really dig the art in this, thanks for bringing it up

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Gloomy Rube posted:

You're right, I was being lazy, hahahah.

I really like this author's stuff, though I didn't realize it was the same guy until a friend brought it up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Otome Kaijuu Caramelize updated

And all I can say about it now is

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

RareAcumen posted:

Otome Kaijuu Caramelize updated

And all I can say about it now is

🦍 Ook

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Love after World Domination and Otome Kaiju Caramelize are both very fun.

I wonder if gorilla-gyaru is just how she looks without makeup, or if she fell into some kind of drowned gorilla spring...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Is she King Kong to Kuroe's Godzilla?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

She's the George to her Lizzie

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Sleepy Princess
drat that Egg Council.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

One think about Useless Ponko that's wild to me is that they've got cities that look like this

But homework is still paper-based.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

One think about Useless Ponko that's wild to me is that they've got cities that look like this

But homework is still paper-based.

Too many kids learned to hack the system, had to switch to paper.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The utility of paper will never go away.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

speaking of paper,

stay safe and buy the official release.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mieruko-chan 23

I'm very curious where the story is going to go from here. Maybe it'll go full battle manga.

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

RatHat posted:

Mieruko-chan 23

I'm very curious where the story is going to go from here. Maybe it'll go full battle manga.

I'm starting to get some Natsume's Book of Friends vibes from this series. I wouldn't be surprised if Miko gets a spirit companion that teaches her about exorcisms and protects (bums off) her.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

Mieruko-chan 23

Well I was taken along for a ride with this ruse cruise. Honestly thought they were going to make Zen a tragic figure instead of a cat killer. Turns out he's a cat killer killer and all is right with the world. Except Mieruko having the Kami looking for her.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's a wonderful double fake out.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
???

He didn't kill any cats, he found the guy who was doing it all along.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
poo poo got extremely real in Dungeon Meshi.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

???

He didn't kill any cats, he found the guy who was doing it all along.

Right, he found the guy and then killed the guy. Zen is not a cat killer, just a cat killer killer. A person who kills cat killers. Miko was right about him being a bad dude all along, she just assumed the wrong reasons.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

RatHat posted:

Mieruko-chan 23

That was a real good reveal. It means that the cat spirits that she saw were not vengeful at him but basically teaming up with him or potentially possessing him to drive him to seek vengeance for them. A real good re contextualization that still gets across that he is a pretty dangerous guy, but not at cats.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Demon Mom

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Looks like Girls Group No. 7 (Dainana Joshikai Houkou on Mangadex) had an update. One that feels kinda final, and the series is flagged as 'complete' but I don't know if it still has more to go.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
The first page of the previous chapter has a chapter listing that goes up to 50, so I don't think it's done at 46.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Elfface posted:

Looks like Girls Group No. 7 (Dainana Joshikai Houkou on Mangadex) had an update. One that feels kinda final, and the series is flagged as 'complete' but I don't know if it still has more to go.
Mangadex uses Complete to mark that the series is completely published, and the last chapter will be marked END.
Baka-updates is better for keeping track of when something has finished publishing and finished scanlating, as it keeps separate categories for it.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Elfface posted:

It's complete, but there's 10 volumes. So the scanlations will probably catch up in 2025.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Nicola's Demon World Travelogue
Nicola searches for any information about her mother.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Chapter 1 and chapter 2 of Miss Saeki's Black Cat by Yuuki Ray is being translated by Loe (potentially :nws: given that I'm told Loe also does translations of adult VNs).
Will probably be picked up on the regular haunts soon enough?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

D. Ebdrup posted:

Chapter 1 and chapter 2 of Miss Saeki's Black Cat by Yuuki Ray is being translated by Loe (potentially :nws: given that I'm told Loe also does translations of adult VNs).
Will probably be picked up on the regular haunts soon enough?

Same energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Two new Interrogation princess
Oh no, the Princess caught a cold. Will she get better in time for the Potato Digging festival?