Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

AHungryRobot posted:

If you don't fight the fire demon with him at the beginning it fucks up his questline.

ive done his questline to the T and he just wont loving show up where hes supposed to lol. the game is buggy as poo poo atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive done his questline to the T and he just wont loving show up where hes supposed to lol. the game is buggy as poo poo atm

if you enter the dungeon before finding him at the kitchen then he moves to the capital instead

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Hollowstomper58

llmbo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That feel when you pop and ember and by the time you press right on the d-pad to select the homeward bone right next to your ember button you get invaded and backstabbed because you were in one of those spots that has an invader spawn right next to you, making you lose a 500k souls bloodstain

sexual Norm
Aug 23, 2007

It's like shaking hands with a professional armwrestler.

Bobnumerotres posted:

does having high luck make bleed/poison good or do they still suck

poison's still bad except that you also retain the same bleed, so that could be pretty funny in fight club but nowhere else

i'm at sl80, 40 luck with hollow warden twinblades and two or three hits will proc bleed / a full spin typically does like 75% of a person's health in pvp. carthus rouge helps a lot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

if you enter the dungeon before finding him at the kitchen then he moves to the capital instead

i did his stuff up until the kitchen, and he just didnt show up in there. then i went to the dungeon, saved him at profaned and got the slab, then he didnt show up to the boss fight. but then i go back in there and check and theres just a stormruler where his armor should be

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Late game boss spoilers the champion gundyr fight is so good 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

Late game boss spoilers the champion gundyr fight is so good 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Even worse: That's a hidden, late game boss. Like, extra hidden.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bobnumerotres posted:

i did his stuff up until the kitchen, and he just didnt show up in there. then i went to the dungeon, saved him at profaned and got the slab, then he didnt show up to the boss fight. but then i go back in there and check and theres just a stormruler where his armor should be

he didnt show up at the kitchen for me either on my second playthru and it was because i grabbed the dungeon bonfire first

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Cozy souls

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Larry Parrish posted:

How is that bad?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Oh my god I found a big old new area.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This game is amazing. And they're making DLC for it.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

Idk. It seems really lovely and finicky.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Just beat it yesterday, fantastic game. Polished off all the optional bosses but messed up the NPC quests, what I did see was awesome though. The DLC is going to blow my drat mind.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Larry Parrish posted:

His second form... 👀👺😫😲🤕💀👏

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

How is that bad?

I was saying it's extra spoilery.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i somehow missed crystal sage and i dont have enough health/armor to take it on

i took down abyss watchers and went back for crystal sage

i guess that's my stopping point for the night because i don't want to grind up a new weapon or armor or anything

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
starting ng++.....hope i didnt miss anything ng+ exclusive

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor Goat posted:

i guess that's my stopping point for the night because i don't want to grind up a new weapon or armor or anything

Crystal Sage is far easier than Abyss Watchers

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

That dude's easier than the Abyss Watchers, though.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
that's part of why i'm weirded out by the whole thing

it took me four tries to do abyss watchers but my fifth try on crystal sage was eygon running in circles eating bullets while i got plinked to death

abyss watchers was an incredible fight minus the dudes jumping in though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's okay, for some reason Crystal Sage was the only boss in the game so far I had to summon for

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i got a black knight shield somehow and it's so loving ridiculous compared to the dumb silver shield i'd been using forever

i think it's why i managed to deal with the abyss watchers

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i think prince lothric is wearing the gold hemmed robes from ds1. idk if that means anything but i think its true

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I forgot to post this earlier but hearty lols at the uh. Specific encounter after the pontiff fight. People who have seen it know what I'm talking about but that's one of the only times these games has made me actually laugh when I saw a fight coming up.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Oh I forgot to post this earlier but hearty lols at the uh. Specific encounter after the pontiff fight. People who have seen it know what I'm talking about but that's one of the only times these games has made me actually laugh when I saw a fight coming up.

Are you talking about the two Aldrich invader guys?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
anor londo is visible from undead settlement as soon as the gargoyles drop you off.....also visible from the high wall but not as clear

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

do you mean the one in knee-high water?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I meant the return of the Anor Londo archer assholes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I meant the return of the Anor Londo archer assholes

Oh yeah lol. When I saw that I lolled as well.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
hahahha, the crystal sage pretty much implodes if you use his weakness element on him. i got 70% of his health down in my first burst of stabs

now i have a new rapier

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

scary ghost dog posted:

starting ng++.....hope i didnt miss anything ng+ exclusive

all the +1 rings are also in ++

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
holy poo poo, aldritch protectors is everything i've wanted from PVP. a lot of hosts don't have phantoms because it's not that close to a boss. if they do have phantoms then you can either fight both using the environment to your advantage, or you can wait out a red or blue coming in to assist. it's not just endless three man gank squads wasting your time. it's loving badass, and i was getting summoned one right after the other. racked up 20 dregs with no problem.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

favorite boss fight music? mine is prob crystal sages. nothing beats O&S still, IMO

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

all the +1 rings are also in ++

i dont know how im ever going to get 107 rings.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im thinking ocelotte will be a dlc boss or npc

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

favorite boss fight music? mine is prob crystal sages. nothing beats O&S still, IMO

Soul of Cinder

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the ancient wyvern has surprisingly good music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
non boss but the fire link shrine music change up was ownage

• Locked thread