Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jimmy Graham wasn't even good when he was healthy last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
I'd drop Brandon LaFell for him, and I can't really justify it. Especially since I spent a mid-round pick on Kelce.

Really the best case scenario in my mind is I pick him up and he has a couple of good games and I get a decent trade out of him. It's not worth it though. Lafell isn't anything to write home about but I like Andy Dalton and that passing game so he might be less awful than I expect him to be.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
He finished outside the top 20 more times than he finished in the top 10 in 2015

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My TEs this year are Zach Ertz and Gary Barnidge and I figure both will equally frustrate me

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
I drafted Ertz last year, and he was godawful. I wound up picking up Barnidge on the waiver wire after he had his first big game and he and Todd Gurley (another waiver wire pick up) won me my league last year. I think I normally draft lovely teams, get that waiver wire priority and make a comeback in the second halves of seasons.

Because I suck at fantasy football :(

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
why do people keep drafting rich man's kyle rudolph zach ertz

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I have a feeling that Tajae Sharpe is going to be that guy on week on who puts up some stupid number like 40 points, which means the following.

1. He will be on my bench.
2. He will score 40 points.
3. I'll start him week two and he will get 4 points.
4. Repeat step three for the next 3-4 weeks.
5. Drop him out of frustration.
6. Someone else picks him up.
7. Scores a respectable 12-13 the rest of the season.

I hate fantasy football so much.

Mr. McGibblets fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Sep 11, 2016

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
The Titans might throw the ball less than twenty times tomorrow.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

ZIGfried posted:

The Titans might throw the ball less than twenty times a game

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Spoeank posted:

Yea this. I mean its one thing if he didnt have an injury where no player has ever been the same again but Seattle just simply had no interest in making him the focal point like NO did

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Oh man I can't wait for tomorrow :yotj:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Miko posted:

You want six points? Sims will get you six points.

You want ten points? Sims will get you six points.

If you're going to steal the Leroy Hoard quote at least get it right :colbert:

You need one yard? Leroy will get you three. You need five yards? Leroy will get you three.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

He actually was, looking at season stats. Accounted for 2 of Wilson's 15 passing touchdowns before going down in week 12, was on track for 70-880 on the season, plus certainly a share of the 19 touchdowns Wilson threw the rest of the year. In PPR, 70-880-5 would've been just about tied with Eifert, Kelce, and Watson for TE#6. Certainly not New Orleans Jimmy Graham, but way better than I think he gets credit for.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Is there a start/sit thread? I have a question about my flex position. With DeVante Parker apparently out of the game today I can either start Corey Coleman or Derrick Henry in a full PPR league. I'm leaning Coleman obviously but with how good Henry looked in the pre-season it doesn't make it easier to decide.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Okay, I gave myself a little insurance policy in case Matt Jones doesn't play by moving Bilal Powell into my RB2 slot and putting Jones in my Flex slot. That way if Jones is out, I have Jesse James and Kenny Britt on my bench that I can swap in on Monday. Am I missing anything obvious?

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
If KC uses West or Davis as a goal-line back instead of Ware I will be very annoyed.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
The gals in my wife's league brought their A-game with team names this year. Too good not to share:

- Rawls to the Ball
- Jamaal About That Bass
- Wilfork for Food
- Make America Gronk Again
- Von de Replay
- Sacks in the City

I'm just so proud.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Should I start Corey Coleman or Michael Crabtree? Coleman is so tempting as a gamble, but the browns are so terrible...

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

ZIGfried posted:

Yahoo has a stupid projection for Coleman and this is after they reduced it by 5 points. Dude hasn't played an NFL game yet and missed most of his first training camp.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Crabtree. He is playing the Saints.

I would play him but I can't do it over Hopkins, Allen or Baldwin. Do it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

Is there a start/sit thread?

Yes, it is currently the third non-stickied thread. I would link it but I'm phone posting.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

What's everyone's expectations for James White today (PPR)? I doubt he gets a TD, but perhaps a 8/70 receiving line?

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Looking for a potential week 1 break out candidate once I can put Jamaal Charles in the IR slot. I'm eye balling Tyler Boyd and DeAndre Washington. Any other names to consider?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

ZIGfried posted:

Looking for a potential week 1 break out candidate once I can put Jamaal Charles in the IR slot. I'm eye balling Tyler Boyd and DeAndre Washington. Any other names to consider?

Those are both great stashes. Probably Washington would take priority.

If you specifically wanted a week 1 breakout for trade bait it something (not just a good stash), could look at Rob Kelly, Sammie Coates, Spencer Ware, Tevin Coleman, Clive Walford, Zach Miller, Zach Zenner (playing IND, possibly the goal line guy).

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

PyroDwarf posted:

If KC uses West or Davis as a goal-line back instead of Ware I will be very annoyed.

Ware is by far the bruiser of the group so that would be weird if he wasn't.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

pmchem posted:

What's everyone's expectations for James White today (PPR)?

Sadness

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

So Demaryius got an MRI after the game and was just flown out for a second opinion. Bramel thinks it could be a hip/labrum issue.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

He actually was, looking at season stats. Accounted for 2 of Wilson's 15 passing touchdowns before going down in week 12, was on track for 70-880 on the season, plus certainly a share of the 19 touchdowns Wilson threw the rest of the year. In PPR, 70-880-5 would've been just about tied with Eifert, Kelce, and Watson for TE#6. Certainly not New Orleans Jimmy Graham, but way better than I think he gets credit for.

He had two weeks inside the top 10 at the position and three weeks outside the top 20. Everything else was in the mid-teens (obviously). That's... not good.

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
12 team ppr. Starting Dwayne Allen at TE this week, but it'd be stupid to drop eifert for walford, right? Right?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:siren: CHRIS IVORY SURPRISE INACTIVE :siren:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/774996359711711240

:lol: So much for that offseason fluff job

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

It's a shame. If they aren't even using Spiller for returns what's he on the team for?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

CJ Spiller still breaking FF players hearts nearly a half decade since he's been relevant

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ayudo posted:

It's a shame. If they aren't even using Spiller for returns what's he on the team for?

He makes a hell of a jambalaya.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
are Will Fuller, DAndre Washington and Clive Walford all worth stashing in a redraft league. I generally like to fill my bench with several stashes that I can use as trade bait.

Do any of them have a serious chance of being relevant?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

TommyGun85 posted:

are Will Fuller, DAndre Washington and Clive Walford all worth stashing in a redraft league. I generally like to fill my bench with several stashes that I can use as trade bait.

Do any of them have a serious chance of being relevant?

I would love to have all three of those guys on my bench (except I'd be starting Walford because lol don't roster two TEs)

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Benne posted:

:siren: CHRIS IVORY SURPRISE INACTIVE :siren:

Is Denard Robinson worth picking up, maybe even streaming for today?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Benne posted:

I would love to have all three of those guys on my bench (except I'd be starting Walford because lol don't roster two TEs)

Walford is on my bench because im starting Gates. I agree in not rostering two TEs but im rostering him as a trade chip (or Gates depending on who is better).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Vargo posted:

Is Denard Robinson worth picking up, maybe even streaming for today?

... uh, no. Yeldon is playing every down.

E: I actually double-checked because I wasn't even sure he's still on the team. He's way, way off the radar now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/774971535551557632

fuuuuuuuuck

• Locked thread