Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You can dislike Nowi's design without saying jailbait every other word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
cheetah7071 are you into jailbait

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
tbh that Nowi art looks really weird, and not in a small dragon lady way but in a "her forehead is loving huge" way.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

General Morden posted:

cheetah7071 are you into jailbait

nah but dragons are cool

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silvergun1000 posted:

Sorry I don't like their design?

I don't like Tiki but accept that she's a product of her time, No'wi creeps me out and I'm legitimately a little disturbed that she placed 10th on the poll.

It's still a really uncomfortable phrase to use.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

cheetah7071 posted:

You can dislike Nowi's design without saying jailbait every other word

Yeah, probably. Looking back on what I wrote, it does come off as a bit much. I'm chalking it up to me being tired when I wrote it, but I still think the design is awful.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

:toot: Map's not as hard as I was worried it would be.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Narcian's map sucks. Chokepoint and I can't use Camilla to sweep because of that archer.

I don't think I even have any 35ish characters.

edit: Narcian's is literally just Camilla with lance-killing utility.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 10, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Narcian's map sucks. Chokepoint and I can't use Camilla to sweep because of that archer.

You can just use camilla to kill the archer

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I've always wanted to see a wax stamp of an exclamation mark

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Andrast posted:

You can just use camilla to kill the archer

I never was able to position her in a position to kill the archer without retaliation until the very last turn. However Camilla was very useful to lure the archer and the blue mage back into their starting area. I positioned her onto a mountain square and they moved away from the top-left corner. Masterfully baited :v:

Nowi was also fantastic at luring people into the chokepoint and not getting murdered.

I also had a good laugh at the daily character map because my Nowi and Young Tiki were positioned in such a way that the enemies just threw themselves into being slaughtered. Even without my level advantage that would have been a cakewalk.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Feb 10, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Narcian has very good faces.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't think I even have any 35ish characters.

edit: Narcian's is literally just Camilla with lance-killing utility.

Camilla kills the archer, gets hit by axe, b.magic, g. magic. Tukumi can hit the sword at top left, kill him on the enemy turn. Retreat Camilla and Takumi, heal Camilla, kill axe on retaliate swing. Then mop up the two cav mages, one of who can really mess Takumi up.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

I never was able to position her in a position to kill the archer without retaliation until the very last turn.

You can do it immediately before you even aggro the enemy. The archer is in range of a flyer going over the mountains.

Camilla will take a few hits after but should be able to tank them.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
I got Nowi and Wrys as my four stars. Should I keep them or reroll for someone particular?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

GoingPostal posted:

I got Nowi and Wrys as my four stars. Should I keep them or reroll for someone particular?

There are way, way better options if you're willing to reroll at all.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
Absolutely. What should I look for?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
The Narcian map is really bullshit if you don't have a Hector or a flyer who can pull the enemies without getting boatmurdered.

Nobody on my team can survive a turn on any of the three choke point tiles :(

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

GoingPostal posted:

Absolutely. What should I look for?

Well, if you're rerolling at all I would recommend getting at least one 5* character to start with.

If you want to aim for specific characters, the top tier right now are Takumi, Hector, and Azura. Below them are Lucina, Robin, Tiki, etc. Of these, I think only Takumi, Lucina, Robin and Tiki are on the bonus banners, which makes it much easier to aim for them.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

KoldPT posted:

The Narcian map is really bullshit if you don't have a Hector or a flyer who can pull the enemies without getting boatmurdered.

Nobody on my team can survive a turn on any of the three choke point tiles :(

I just kicked its rear end with neither, although it got a bit touch and go.

Three star Donnel continued to pull considerably more than his weight, drawing the initial aggo, then running HP to Roy as he kicked in all the teeth that had even considered being in Narcian's mouth.

Everybody else was basically just a sack of HP for Donnel to draw from. Reciprocal aid is a shockingly good healing tool. Yeah, it just moves health around rather than generating it from scratch, but it can heal a unit from 1 to 39 in one turn, and that's pretty handy.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart

Clarste posted:

Well, if you're rerolling at all I would recommend getting at least one 5* character to start with.

If you want to aim for specific characters, the top tier right now are Takumi, Hector, and Azura. Below them are Lucina, Robin, Tiki, etc. Of these, I think only Takumi, Lucina, Robin and Tiki are on the bonus banners, which makes it much easier to aim for them.

A few rerolls, and I ended up with 5* Lucina, 4* Shanna, 4* Cordelia, and 3* Henry.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:negative: I just lost because one of my units countered, killed a guy and that let his unit walk up and murder a guy who had no health. Is there no way to stop your own counters?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

:negative: I just lost because one of my units countered, killed a guy and that let his unit walk up and murder a guy who had no health. Is there no way to stop your own counters?

Welcome to Fire emblem

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Andrast posted:

Welcome to Fire emblem

This event is really loving with my usual strategy of letting one unit die so I can murder everyone.

EDIT: and then I did it by playing a really weird game of getting axeman to fly in circles around the map while Roy and Nino chumped the hell out of those wizards.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Feb 10, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

GoingPostal posted:

A few rerolls, and I ended up with 5* Lucina, 4* Shanna, 4* Cordelia, and 3* Henry.

Well, I personally would go with that because Lucina is amazing, but the rest are just eh. Well, Cordelia's in the "Not Great, But You Could Do A Whole Lot Worse" tier, but partially on the basis of a 5* skill she gets. And they're not so bad that they won't help you progress while you earn more orbs.

You might want a second opinion though, as I barely rerolled at all.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Feb 10, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
you guys need to offer your levels so I can check if I can actually try your strategies

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The more I play this game the more annoying not being able to move units around at the start gets. Had a PVP match start with the enemy team bearing down directly on all of the units they were strong against, and too many obstacles in the way to swap them around completely in time.

Tired Moritz posted:

you guys need to offer your levels so I can check if I can actually try your strategies

I sent a horse lancer up to activate the units while hiding everyone else down on the bottom. Healed the lancer up while the enemy came down then kept the lancer running back and forth to get the dragon dude confused and keep chasing it while everyone else dismantled the ranged units.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
my 4* Abel has such garbage attack he does 0 dmg to a same level Lyn :(

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Abel is quite kickass at 5* and level 40 though. Hang in there and you've got one of the best dudes in the game.

On that note, Azura has now twice stonewalled otherwise flawless arena runs. Even if you can tactics your way around singing shenanigans she basically fights like a spear-wielding Lyn. The one I was up against had 46 ATK and 39 SPD, so if you can't pop her in one hit then you're hosed. I really need to get my greens up to 40 :(

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

acumen posted:

Abel is quite kickass at 5* and level 40 though. Hang in there and you've got one of the best dudes in the game.

i got a 5* Robin, Takumi, Roy, Lyn, and Lucina I'm probably going to use feathers on a Green like Sheena, Nino or Celcilia at this point to get up to 5*s

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

akulanization posted:

No one knows because no one has figured out the average stats for 2-4 star characters at max level, and most people don't even max out their units before they promote.

As an aside to this, the japanese website where you can plug in your level 1 5*s to check their natures added 4* as well.

https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/51352

Not every hero is known but plugging in my 4* Abel shows me that he's -HP +Res. At 5* level 40 he will have 41 HP, 41 Atk, 27 Spd, 25 Def, 25 Res. It doesn't take into account the random +1/-1 to any that can also be applied to your characters, though. And it only works for level 1 units.

acumen posted:

On that note, Azura has now twice stonewalled otherwise flawless arena runs. Even if you can tactics your way around singing shenanigans she basically fights like a spear-wielding Lyn. The one I was up against had 46 ATK and 39 SPD, so if you can't pop her in one hit then you're hosed. I really need to get my greens up to 40 :(

Azura's one of the scariest things to fight. Azura + Takumi is a major headache and if they have her they almost certainly have Takumi

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Phyresis posted:

As an aside to this, the japanese website where you can plug in your level 1 5*s to check their natures added 4* as well.

https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/51352

Not every hero is known but plugging in my 4* Abel shows me that he's -HP +Res. At 5* level 40 he will have 41 HP, 41 Atk, 27 Spd, 25 Def, 25 Res. It doesn't take into account the random +1/-1 to any that can also be applied to your characters, though. And it only works for level 1 units.

Azura's one of the scariest things to fight. Azura + Takumi is a major headache and if they have her they almost certainly have Takumi

I have Azura and definitely don't have Takumi :(

If I did maybe I'd be able to beat Narcian.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Well of course my Tharja ended up being -SPD +RES

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Make sure you have appropriate map and battle music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO90cl_rN6M

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I beat the 2* version of Narcian's map by taking out the archer with Camilla (she needed an attack boost from Serra), and then having my other three units tango in the bottleneck to pick off the mages.

The AI is really dumb about having ranged units in a bottlebeck, so take advantage of that.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
My Takumi with that 300 SP autocounter just killed 3 flying units in 1 turn (1 kill, 2 counters). Ye-eesh.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I've rerolled a ton with little luck. I just got four 4 stars in my last pull including Chrom and Camilla. Is that good enough or should I keep at it?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Radish posted:

I've rerolled a ton with little luck. I just got four 4 stars in my last pull including Chrom and Camilla. Is that good enough or should I keep at it?

neither of em are amazing even at 5* so id say keep at it a lil bit more

Robin, Tiki(s), Hector, Azura, Takumi, Leo, Ryoma are all units @ 5* that you can reroll and get and go 'yeah ok i will go w/ this'

other 5*s are also usually pretty okay depending on the other stuff you get with the roll

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MotU posted:

neither of em are amazing even at 5* so id say keep at it a lil bit more

Robin, Tiki(s), Hector, Azura, Takumi, Leo, Ryoma are all units @ 5* that you can reroll and get and go 'yeah ok i will go w/ this'

other 5*s are also usually pretty okay depending on the other stuff you get with the roll

Darn. Ok thanks though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Radish posted:

OTOH Chrom is okay and Camilla is cute so